Does your (Private) course allow "Mock Turtlenecks"?

2»

Comments

• ryanpgmryanpgm Members Posts: 326
    Same rule for 2 clubs that I have worked at. I personally agree with this rule, to me the mock tee, although currently fashionable, looks a little too casual. The F/J Version looks like a Gym Shirt.
  • Big D McGeeBig D McGee GET FLYERED UP!!! Members Posts: 1,194
    I'm not a member of a private Country Club (yet) but my friend is a member of a CC in California. He tells me that you aren't allowed to wear a collarless shirt anywhere except at the pool. In the clubhouse, proshop, and of course in the restaurant, you must have a collar on your shirt. And yes, this excludes mock-neck shirt.

The funny thing is, the rules don't state that you have to tuck in your shirt! He sees guys all the time with their polos sloppily untucked, or Hawaiian shirts blowing in the breeze. Weird.
  • j_wil_06j_wil_06 Jr. Boomers Posts: 120
    duder wrote on May 12 2006, 04:30 AM:

I've worked at a course that would only allow the mock collar if it was long sleeved. No short sleeved mocks allowed. I thought that was a little strange.

that is kindve strange...but i can see where they are coming from. i do think that the longsleeves mock turtlenecks look much more classy. And our club allows them...my highschool team 'uniform' last year was a longsleeve white mock turtleneck, with a little logo on the collar part. they were very classy looking, and i never heard anyone complain...
  • ljdarbyljdarby Members Posts: 15
    Yes, our private course does have a uniformly enforced dress code. Mock turtlenecks are allowed, as long as the mock neck is at least 1.25 inches in width.

We do NOT allow non-collared shirts or denim of any type. Golfers must wear non-metal spikes.

Thanks,

bogeyman308
  • sync71sync71 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,534
    Are course allows "mocks" I like them but I dont have any, Ill probably get 1 or 2 for next season. We have a very relaxed dress code, the shirt has to have sleeves. Everyone wears ethier mocks or collared shirts except for the occasinal person.
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    yeh players set the dress code at my club....which basically means that anything that goes in the golf fashion industry goes at my club.

goose
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
2»