What do you think of J. Lindeberg?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Basically I think JL clothes is helping golf to move on from the boring knited sweaters and normal polo's. For example Tiger took golfing apparel to a new level by creating the mock neck and endorsing it. JL is for the cooler golfer. If you dont like it I suggest you stay with the boring stuff. Also I'm fed up of some of you saying that you need game to back wearing JL clothes. These clothes make golf look less of an oldies sport. But I do agree with some describing some of the stuff too flamboyant. I hope you have alot to say about this :drinks:

I like clothes that fit good...a lot of manufactures nowadays are producing stuff that is way too baggy. In most companies such as adidas, greg norman, ashworth, etc. I have to size down a whole size just to get a decent fit, and still then, I find the sleeves being too long. JL makes some great stuff for the more athletic build no matter what your playing ability is - do I laugh when I see a 'hack' wearing all white pants and a lime green mock? yeah, but there's really nothing wrong with it, as long as the guy feels comfortable with what he's wearing.

Well, my best friend wheres it and hes going to Baylor on full ride and was Connecticut amateur of the year last yera. He's hoping to get an endoresment from them, as he already is sponsored by Titleist. Also, we had a match yesterday and I'm playing with this SMOKIN' HOT GIRL from Sweden because this school doesn't have a girls team. We start talking and her dad is best friend with JL> THought is was pretty cool.

Well, my best friend wheres it and hes going to Baylor on full ride and was Connecticut amateur of the year last yera. He's hoping to get an endoresment from them, as he already is sponsored by Titleist. Also, we had a match yesterday and I'm playing with this SMOKIN' HOT GIRL from Sweden because this school doesn't have a girls team. We start talking and her dad is best friend with JL> THought is was pretty cool.

Thats sweeeet! do you remember the girls name by any chance??

Cody Paladino right??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I shoot in the high 80s and low 90s and have been playing golf for about 9 months now, and JL clothing was one of the things that attracted me to the game actually. My grampa would always watch golf and I thought it was for boring old men, then Camilo Villegas came around and that kind of said to me that maybe golf was for me. I dont have such crazy JL clothing, I have like 5 belts, all black white or brown(I'd kill for the lime one) but living in southern AZ there is no real reason to wear pants when golfing so I havent picked up and of the sweet JL pants yet. Just some of the normal style polos and one or two of the lachlans.

I did/do own a hat, but on the 18th hole of my tournament i threw it up in the air and hit it with my putter, causing the bill to break. All I had to do was easily birdie the par 5 7th, par 8th and 9th (teed off on 10) to shoot 80, 41/39. Instead I went double, bogey, double. Stupid stuff. All capped off by the missed three footer. That hat is somewhere in my closet, ha.

why is it stupid? When your wearing 1,500 dollers worth of clothing, you are wearing 1,400 too much. How can you even live with yourself knowing how much that money could help people who actually need it? There are people dying across the world they cant afford food or clean water, and your going to wear a couple grand worth of clothing so you can look like a dece golfer infront of people who dont really give a s*** if you are or arent?

That's absolutely one of the most ludacris coments I've ever read. Unless you are posting from a computer located in some cybercafe, to which you traveled 150 miles in the back of a pick-up truck from the refugee camp where you are a volunteer, you're totally out of touch with reality. Sure, there is poverty around the world, that's one of the most fundamental plights of man, but to get on a golf blog and b**** about the expensive clothes someone is wearing and draw a parellell form that to world hunger is ridiculous. But I'm sure you don't own anything that isn't absolutely vital to your survival know do you? If you live in a glass house, well, you know the rest of the saying.

P.S. - If I had the time or inclination, I'd school you on Economics 101 and why much of the world's poverty is a result of the governments in those regions (i.e. hyperinflation, poor managment of natural resources, etc.), but I have a feeling I'd be wasting my time.

LUDACRIS is a rapper.

LUDICROUS is a real word.

I completely agree with your post, I just thought that was funny. :partytime2: :pardon: ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen people wearing hats etc. My buddy who is a golf style fanatic could pee his pants if he got anything as a present from JL. But I'm sorry $100+ for a belt? thats a little rediculous just because its got a big ole buckle on it which probly costed 5 bucks to make + the 20 for the leather.....$25=100?

No Thanks for me

I dont think JL is that overpriced at all really. A Normal everday polo shirt that is not made of terrible quality(sorry but hollister, AE, AF are all terrible) will run you about 70 bucks. Regular cotton Jl pique polos are that price. For the moisture wicking technology( the lachlans grangers brantleys dunleys and so on) will run you about 100-150. I dont think that is unreasonable at all considering you get a great fitting and looking golf shirt. Belts for 100 are not bad either. Think of how often you wear a belt. It is probably the most often used fashion item that you will need, and spending good money to get a quality belt is a good purchase in my book. I do think the shorts may be a little much, considering you can get the pants for like 25 bucks more, but you got to love JL unless your house has no doors.

I dont think JL is that overpriced at all really. A Normal everday polo shirt that is not made of terrible quality will run you about 70 bucks. Regular cotton Jl pique polos are that price.

I would have to agree with that assessment. While I don't own any JL clothing (not really something I look good in, but I do like some of the polos) the pricing comparison is accurate. It's not hard to walk into Macys or Nordstroms (to each his own) and spend $80 or more on a Ralph Lauren or Lacoste Polo. Ebay has become my friend for golf apparel. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...