2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

New MIURA CB57

jmcdonald

Took my combo set out yesterday and shot 69 (-3)...Could not be happier :taunt:

Congrats on the good round....Now kindly explain how someone in Canada can go out and play golf and those of us in Kentucky still have 6 inches of snow on the ground and are likely to be weeks away from being able to hit a shot???? Does not compute.

Pretty simple really.......Live on the West Coast (Vancouver)...we had about 1/2" of snow one day back before Christmas...that's it for this year. I have been playing all winter...mowed the lawn the other day...have over 30 rounds in since New Years...as I write this it is approx. 17* C (about 64* F) out in the yard at 12:20 PM...already been to the range this morning and will be working in the yard this afternoon...here is a pic from our deck a few minutes ago.....there are 2 Canadas.....One that everyone thinks they know (Frozen wasteland) and the West coast by the ocean :blind:

2_zps48cd0a51.jpg

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Yonex Ezone GT 15*  3  wood
Yonex Ezone GT 18*  5 wood
Yonex Ezone GT irons 4-AW
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the good round....Now kindly explain how someone in Canada can go out and play golf and those of us in Kentucky still have 6 inches of snow on the ground and are likely to be weeks away from being able to hit a shot???? Does not compute.

Pretty simple really.......Live on the West Coast (Vancouver)...we had about 1/2" of snow one day back before Christmas...that's it for this year. I have been playing all winter...mowed the lawn the other day...have over 30 rounds in since New Years...as I write this it is approx. 17* C (about 64* F) out in the yard at 12:20 PM...already been to the range this morning and will be working in the yard this afternoon...here is a pic from our deck a few minutes ago.....there are 2 Canadas.....One that everyone thinks they know (Frozen wasteland) and the West coast by the ocean :blind:

2_zps48cd0a51.jpg

That's a hell of a round of golf in any temperature Mate !

I have a set of 57s on order that to begin with I'm going to combo with my 4 , 5 & 6 Passing Point SNs .

can you compare how you think the pair of those irons flow in your set ?

Long irons are probably the weakest part of my game .

I have the new Miura Tour Bag as well . It's the best looking bag on the course !

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
Yamada Shogun

2_zps48cd0a51.jpg

Well. Ok. Now I've learned something. My forecast for tomorrow is for 1-2 inches of ice/freezing rain followed by 8-12 inches of snow. So I hope you'll understand if Canadian springtime in February really pisses me off. But again - Congrats on the good round.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

2_zps48cd0a51.jpg

That's a hell of a round of golf in any temperature Mate !

I have a set of 57s on order that to begin with I'm going to combo with my 4 , 5 & 6 Passing Point SNs .

can you compare how you think the pair of those irons flow in your set ?

Long irons are probably the weakest part of my game .

I have the new Miura Tour Bag as well . It's the best looking bag on the course !

I have a full set of PP SN as well.....I have tried them all......I think the MB...57...PP makes a great combo.....I I bumped the lofts on the MBs and 57s by 1/2* to be closer to the PP loft of my 4 iron....seems just right to me.

Enjoy them....sweetest irons on the market!!

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

2_zps48cd0a51.jpg

Well. Ok. Now I've learned something. My forecast for tomorrow is for 1-2 inches of ice/freezing rain followed by 8-12 inches of snow. So I hope you'll understand if Canadian springtime in February really pisses me off. But again - Congrats on the good round.

Forecast for tomorrow is an "Official" high of 11* C (About 53* F)...actual on the ground will probably be around 60*F...tee time tomorrow is 7:44 AM....be cool and damp for the first few holes. I love living in the "Great White North" :swoon:

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

I have a comment but it might get me banned.......

Enjoy the frozen tundra tomorrow.

Play well. Oh, Still haven't hit my 57s but I have moved my Tournament Blades out of my bag into my back up bag......I'm sure they feel neglected.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Old Titleist Blade

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1425422577' post='11071037']
I have a comment but it might get me banned.......

Enjoy the frozen tundra tomorrow.

Play well. Oh, Still haven't hit my 57s but I have moved my Tournament Blades out of my bag into my back up bag......I'm sure they feel neglected.
[/quote]

Am hoping to have 2 of my 57s made up next week . 1 with a Modus 3 120 S flex & 1 with a C - Taper Lite S flex . After I make my decision I imagine that my PP Straight Necks'll feel as neglected as your Tournament Blades do .
Oh , it's 27 degrees Celcius here ( around 85 I think ) and I tee off in 2 hours !

Yamada Shogun

2_zps48cd0a51.jpg

I need to move to the West Coast.

My new CB-57s will be ready Friday! And then golf all weekend!

On the west coast, of course...

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

[quote name='PepsiDuck' timestamp='1425534547' post='11081051']

[/quote]
That's awesome , looking forward to hearing how the first rounds are with them .

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1425595043' post='11085637']

[/quote]
That's awesome , looking forward to hearing how the first rounds are with them .
[/quote]

Through 7 holes and I can easily say best club I have ever hit...with KBS C Taper Lite X hard stepped once with TourLoc counterweighting...simply amazing...

PXG Darkness Operator

[quote name='PepsiDuck' timestamp='1425767233' post='11098505']
[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1425595043' post='11085637']

[/quote]
[/quote]

Through 7 holes and I can easily say best club I have ever hit...with KBS C Taper Lite X hard stepped once with TourLoc counterweighting...simply amazing...
[/quote]
That's great news !
I can't wait to get my hands on mine to test a couple of shafts in them !

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='chuckymullins38' timestamp='1426086927' post='11121505']
Can anybody compare 57's tp mp64 ,thanks
[/quote]

I came off of a combo set of MP15/MP4, and I'd say at address, these look more like the MP4s but play more like the MP15s in terms of forgiveness and the such...significantly higher launch angle across the board with the same shaft, too...

PXG Darkness Operator

[/quote]
I guess all I can give you is a very mild comparison as I've only hit the MP64s once and it was a while ago .
I found the 64 a nice club but not a great club for me .
I needed a bit more forgiveness then it provides .
I prefer the 57s in everyway !
I prefer the look of the satin finish of the Miura irons over the chrome finish of the Mizuno irons , particularly at address .
I've owned mizuno irons before and now I own Miuras . For me personally , I prefer the Miuras but to each their own .
My best advice to you would be to try and get to fitter that has the 57s so that you can form an opinion on the pair of them .
Happy hunting .

Yamada Shogun

[/quote]I went from the mp64's to the 57's in August 2014. No comparison.

57 vs. 64
Craftsmanship vs. mass production

Tight tolerance head weights vs. weight plugs

Brushed satin vs. obsolete chrome

Instant classic vs. another mp variant (64)

Solid umph vs. soft thud

I'm a bit biased, and neither are revolutionary, but you really can't compare the 57's to anything within a major oem iron offering.

@therealping

Ok , so I picked up 2 of my CB57s from my fitters studio last night .
1 x 7 iron with a C - Taper Lite S flex & 1 x 6 iron with a Nippon Modus 3 120 S flex .
Didn't get to a range till 8.30pm so it was dark and the flood lights only give you so much .
I have only hit the 57s once before and it was whilst I was jet lagged at the beginning of a holiday in January .
Well , I wasn't jet lagged last night . Obviously these are just first impressions but I don't see my Passing Points surviving for long . Best feeling cavity I've ever hit . I am looking forward to hitting them on the course over the weekend . Looking forward to comparing the shafts .
Definitely feeling the Umphf you spoke of MJ !

Yamada Shogun

Am loving hitting the 6 & 7 iron that I've had made up .
Once I decide on the shaft I'll use for the set I'll have the other irons in the set made up . Hopefully I'll have it sorted in a few days !

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1426420966' post='11146191']
Once I decide on the shaft I'll use for the set I'll have the other irons in the set made up . Hopefully I'll have it sorted in a few days !
[/quote]

How are you finding the shafts compare to each other? I have CTL's at the moment, but am definitely interested in the Modus.

[quote name='WolfWRX' timestamp='1426422206' post='11146239']
[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1426420966' post='11146191']
[/quote]

How are you finding the shafts compare to each other? I have CTL's at the moment, but am definitely interested in the Modus.
[/quote]
Have hit both shafts a couple of times over the weekend .
Both are a great fit for me and play very nicely .
Going to keep hitting them through this week after work to see which holds greens better , has better dispersion , feel , feedback & distance .
The launch is solid with both . Distance seems similar also . I need to test more with dispersion in particular as I'm still getting used to the 57 itself .
Not going to rush this , I'm going to take my time with it and make a definite , well informed decision .
I do however think Modus 3 has a better feel than the CTLs but feedback is better with CTLs than the Modus 3 .
Looks would have to go to the CTLs as the brush satin looks pretty tasty with that classic satin Miura finish as well .
I'll definitely keep updating as I play more with them both .

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1426461026' post='11149395']
Going to keep hitting them through this week after work to see which holds greens better , has better dispersion , feel , feedback & distance .
The launch is solid with both . Distance seems similar also . I need to test more with dispersion in particular as I'm still getting used to the 57 itself .
Not going to rush this , I'm going to take my time with it and make a definite , well informed decision .
I do however think Modus 3 has a better feel than the CTLs but feedback is better with CTLs than the Modus 3 .
Looks would have to go to the CTLs as the brush satin looks pretty tasty with that classic satin Miura finish as well .
[/quote]

I would strongly recommend the CTLs, if for nothing else, the satin finish.

PXG Darkness Operator

[quote name='PepsiDuck' timestamp='1426522228' post='11153339']
[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1426461026' post='11149395']
[/quote]

I would strongly recommend the CTLs, if for nothing else, the satin finish.
[/quote]

You're not wrong Mate . They do look very sweet but the Nippon sure does have its merits as well . I must admit I'm loving having these 2 shafts under the microscope against each other in such a fantastic head . The CB57 is just magnificent . Probably the best cavity I've ever hit !

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='freehb' timestamp='1409792678' post='10060347']
They kinda remind me of the Yonex NanoV (ryo's) a little bit...actuall look a bit more forgiving. Chip Usher (usher golf in savannah ga) is taking orders I believe. I am not a Miura fan but I def like the look of these....
[/quote]

Btw...Chip Usher in Savannah IS THE REAL DEAL. Top club builder and a rep for Miura and Bstone. He's a perfectionist yet turns things around quickly. He's built 7-8+ sets for me.

[quote name='Batman1971' timestamp='1425512320' post='11078899']
One thing I absolutely love about the Australian climate , golf all year round !
It's a great lifestyle !
[/quote]

I was in Melbourne in January a few years ago . My mates took me out for a round of golf. I blamed the 41*C for one of my worst scores ever. Back in Asian countries , people told me only golfers and mad dogs would stay outdoor in that kind of temperature ;0.

Btw, how soft is the CB57 comparing with the 501 or the TB ? I tried the 501&TB and found they weren't quite soft comparing with Mizuno MPs.

[quote name='lvlong' timestamp='1426573737' post='11158165']
One thing I absolutely love about the Australian climate , golf all year round !
It's a great lifestyle !
[/quote]

I was in Melbourne in January a few years ago . My mates took me out for a round of golf. I blamed the 41*C for one of my worst scores ever. Back in Asian countries , people told me only golfers and mad dogs would stay outdoor in that kind of temperature ;0.

Btw, how soft is the CB57 comparing with the 501 or the TB ? I tried the 501&TB and found they weren't quite soft comparing with Mizuno MPs.
[/quote]Acquired taste, like a fine wine. Nice solid oomph (energy transfer). Feedback is unique and noticeable even on slight mishits. Miura maybe doesn't have the softest feel, but they do have the best combination of feel and feedback out of the array of irons on the market.

I'm a moderate swing speed, and the 57's give me the illusion (sound) that I'm crushing the ball.

Solid, ultra dense, tight, stable, quality

@therealping

[quote name='lvlong' timestamp='1426573737' post='11158165']
It's a great lifestyle !
[/quote]

[/quote]
Golf in Australia during the heat of summer can be a tough ask .
I find the feel of the 57 much nicer than the 501 . The TB is a different beast but can be tough to tame !
Miuras have never been the irons that are described as soft . Epon and Mizuno seem to always handed that distinction. I however contest this , Miura have a cleaner more precise feel . People seem so concerned that soft equals best in terms of feel but feel can not just be judged by that alone . I prefer a cleaner more precise feel that the Miura provides as it supplies instant feedback as to the status of your succes or lack of in your striking .
Go hit the 57s , you won't be disappointed !

Yamada Shogun

[quote name='Todd Bridges' timestamp='1426560405' post='11157383']
[quote name='freehb' timestamp='1409792678' post='10060347']
They kinda remind me of the Yonex NanoV (ryo's) a little bit...actuall look a bit more forgiving. Chip Usher (usher golf in savannah ga) is taking orders I believe. I am not a Miura fan but I def like the look of these....
[/quote]

Btw...Chip Usher in Savannah IS THE REAL DEAL. Top club builder and a rep for Miura and Bstone. He's a perfectionist yet turns things around quickly. He's built 7-8+ sets for me.
[/quote]

I'll 2nd Chip....He's done all but one of my wedges and my 57s I just got. Ordered on a Friday and they arrived at my office on Tuesday. His pricing is good too...

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Old Titleist Blade

Wonder how these go through the turf after seeing the bounce, or rather, the lack of it. From comments, it seems they've blunted the leading edge and tried to place any bounce towards the front to prevent digging. Still... I think too many only look at the cavity for forgiveness. Just as important is the grind. Have a set of PP-9003 and while they are fine clubs, demoed the Callaway X Forged - easier through the turf, demoed the Edel CB - even better, and own the Edel and Miura. Miura's kryptonite has always been grind. Just remember to check how the clubhead goes through the turf.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions