2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Keegan Bradley - Ryder Cup

Joe85

[quote name='Son_of_Sahm' timestamp='1411924488' post='10199927']
[quote name='sbjinx' timestamp='1411924163' post='10199903']
Bubba was a waste of a spot and so was Webb Simpson. I expected a little more from Keegan but I didn't think he was that bad.
[/quote]

Bubba is easily the biggest disappointment for me.

Actually, I shouldn't say I was dissapointed in him, because I knew exactly what to expect out of Bubba . . . Our best player has the worst and most defeatist attitude anytime he goes over seas, and that definitely doesn't help.
[/quote]

+1. Really is a shame. Reigning Masters champ playing like crap. Bubba has more natural talent than anyone. And can probably win anywhere but his poor attitude will continue to keep him back.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nochct1' timestamp='1411920076' post='10199557']
Did he really play that poorly? He and Mickelson won their first match, lost their second, then sat all day before losing in singles.

He's not the first person to go 1-2 in the Ryder Cup.

My guess is that there are people who just don't like Keegan Bradley and therefore don't want him on the team.
[/quote]
you hit the nail on the head. He and Phil did beat the best Euro team on day one, which is better than 4-5 guys that didn't win a match. Reed is still getting ripped, but now its not for his play but because he is "fat" a "slob" or because of his so called lack respect to Euros. Lets face it , people are whiners and choose to look at negative. I enjoy the Ryder Cup and just wanted a close contest. Euro had a stronger team and deserved to win. Hard to root against anyone on Europe except Poulter for me. They are all classy.

[quote name='Judge Smails' timestamp='1411922945' post='10199789'][quote name='Qqq123xx' timestamp='1411922373' post='10199741']
His flop shot on 18 was totally ridiculous.
[/quote]

Huh?????

Keegan was a disappointment in this singles match but come on, he and Phil (who is not in top form) took down Rory and Sergio and you see how good they are playing.

Bubba to me was the biggest disappointment. Webb's chip was great today but he really didn't accomplish anything.

We can all second guess the choices, but keep in mind we'd be having a different conversation right now - even with the big lead we spotted Europe - had Jordan held on and Hunter not sh$t the bed again.

I think we should all stop singling people out. I mean all of our collective wisdom had Patrick Reed being the WORST person, golfer and Ryder Cup'er on the planet before the matches and look what he accomplished![/quote]

In that match Sergio was awful and Rory was average. Rory had rubbish partners all week and ground out those results more or less on his own

Ping i20 9.5* Project X Black 6.0
Taylormade R15 15* Fujikura FUEL 70 S
Adams Pro Dhy 18* Aldila Tour Blue 80S
John Letters Tour Black Master Model 4-PW S300
John Letters Tour Black 52*,56*,60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1, 34.5"

I expected more from Keegan today much more. I thought he played eh... Bubba? He should've sat Saturday.
US team needs to get young quick. The older guys as much as they might think they are they are Not a cohesive team. Plus they have the wounds from many years of loosing.
Fowler, Reed, Jordan and the like will be a great boost to the US team.

And please someone help Hunter with his short game under pressure. Bad decision on 18. He should have listened to his caddy.

Keegan is an embarrassment in general. If we had anyone like that for Europe I'd disown him. In fact, half your team is a joke. Mickelson today being a class act. Not.

[b]Driver: [/b]TaylorMade R15 9.5*
[b]5-Wood: [/b]Ping G400
[b]Hybrid: [/b]Titleist 915 4H 21*
[b]Irons: [/b]Ping i200 w/CB Alta Graphite
[b]Wedges: [/b]Vokey SM6 50* F Grind/54* S/58* M Grind
[b]Putter: [/b]Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6
[b]Balls: [/b]Titleist Pro V1 2017

You know what, maybe a little understanding and humility is needed here. Stephen Gallacher didn't exactly have the best tournament and was picked somewhat controversially ahead of Luke Donald and two others ranked above him. So he lost against his singles against Phil Mickelson, so what. He played his best on the day but came up short against a higher ranked player who was clearly motivated. Gallacher did his best and we're (Euro's) grateful for his efforts and applaud him for it. Nobody is asking whether Luke Donald (70% Ryder Cup record and world ranking higher than Gallacher) would have done any better than Gallacher. Why not? Draw your own conclusions...

Similarly, Lee Westwood didn't do well in the individuals but scored ok in the four ball/foursomes. Criticism? Far from it, he was praised for his team efforts. Actually, Westwood is a good comparator for Keegan Bradley (who, with Mickelson, beat Mcilroy and Garcia!)

More often than not you will lose against a better player. Harsh criticism aint going to change that. To those criticising Bradley and other US players and Captain, get behind your team and show some grace. Write off the loss and learn from the experience in a positive manner. That's the best way to win anything.

PS This applies to both sets of supporters as it's not just the US wrx'ers over zealously criticising the US team and Captain

[quote name='simonmax' timestamp='1412054230' post='10210421']You know what, maybe a little understanding and humility is needed here. Stephen Gallacher didn't exactly have the best tournament and was picked somewhat controversially ahead of Luke Donald and two others ranked above him. So he lost against his singles against Phil Mickelson, so what. He played his best on the day but came up short against a higher ranked player who was clearly motivated. Gallacher did his best and we're (Euro's) grateful for his efforts and applaud him for it. Nobody is asking whether Luke Donald (70% Ryder Cup record and world ranking higher than Gallacher) would have done any better than Gallacher. Why not? Draw your own conclusions...[/quote]

Three points. That's my conclusion. Subtract 3 points and McGinley would have been roasted for that Gallacher pick, among other things.

Faldo has 6 majors and a TV career to fall back on. Good thing. The European version is he was a disaster as captain. Let me guess, the next losing European captain will be similarly crucified. Expectations have shifted since that basketball period of 3 to make 1 in the '80s or early '90s.

Anyway, Keegan Bradley is a somewhat one dimensional player, if you follow him on the course. Terrific distance and high ball flight. Not the greatest creativity, ability to play knock down shots, or short game. He's an ideal partner for Mickelson in four ball, and in foursomes on a wide enough track. Keegan is fairly straight on his own ball but I wouldn't trust him playing from Phil's predicaments.

In singles he needs the ideal draw. I was worried this time because he seemed to deflate after losing to Rory 2 years ago. Keegan is there to pair with Phil and singles almost seems like a technical requirement.

The best part of this Ryder Cup was Webb Simpson playing himself out of the lineup for 3 consecutive sessions after being so inept in the opener. I have no idea how anybody could pick that guy unless you thrill to dismayed gestures after every missed putt. Webb Simpson should team with Stacy Lewis along those lines. But at least Stacy sinks her share.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1412066265' post='10210661']
[quote name='simonmax' timestamp='1412054230' post='10210421']You know what, maybe a little understanding and humility is needed here. Stephen Gallacher didn't exactly have the best tournament and was picked somewhat controversially ahead of Luke Donald and two others ranked above him. So he lost against his singles against Phil Mickelson, so what. He played his best on the day but came up short against a higher ranked player who was clearly motivated. Gallacher did his best and we're (Euro's) grateful for his efforts and applaud him for it. Nobody is asking whether Luke Donald (70% Ryder Cup record and world ranking higher than Gallacher) would have done any better than Gallacher. Why not? Draw your own conclusions...[/quote]

Three points. That's my conclusion. Subtract 3 points and McGinley would have been roasted for that Gallacher pick, among other things.

Faldo has 6 majors and a TV career to fall back on. Good thing. The European version is he was a disaster as captain. Let me guess, the next losing European captain will be similarly crucified. Expectations have shifted since that basketball period of 3 to make 1 in the '80s or early '90s.

Anyway, Keegan Bradley is a somewhat one dimensional player, if you follow him on the course. Terrific distance and high ball flight. Not the greatest creativity, ability to play knock down shots, or short game. He's an ideal partner for Mickelson in four ball, and in foursomes on a wide enough track. Keegan is fairly straight on his own ball but I wouldn't trust him playing from Phil's predicaments.

In singles he needs the ideal draw. I was worried this time because he seemed to deflate after losing to Rory 2 years ago. Keegan is there to pair with Phil and singles almost seems like a technical requirement.

The best part of this Ryder Cup was Webb Simpson playing himself out of the lineup for 3 consecutive sessions after being so inept in the opener. I have no idea how anybody could pick that guy unless you thrill to dismayed gestures after every missed putt. Webb Simpson should team with Stacy Lewis along those lines. But at least Stacy sinks her share.
[/quote]

You may well be right that the next European Captain to lose will be roasted by the Euro fans, who knows? To be fair, we're pretty used to being on the losing sides on most sports. Most Euro countries are pretty ok with two arguments (ie excuses in the case of the first argument) : individual country's have smaller populations than the US/Russia/China; and two the other side were simply better on the day. I'm going to risk being killed here but the first argument is usually applied to football (oops, soccer) and the second is usually applicable to rugby.

You can probably guess which sport I prefer to watch.