2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Disney Golf

moose557

I have been a big supporter of Disney golf on this board and really enjoy the courses and have always enjoyed my experiences there. But my experience there yesterday has really left me soured on them. I live in Orlando and have played the courses dozens of times, but I don't see myself going back anytime soon.

So, our 4some had a 9AM tee time on the LBV course yesterday (Saturday). Get told by the starter the pace of play is 4.5 hours. Ok no problem. So round is going on and pace of play in my opinion is greAt. Besides our tee shots on the third hole we hadn't had to wait once to hit a shot. And never once had the group behind us waited either. On the 6th hole a ranger came up and said hey your falling behind a little no big deal but just try and stay with the group infront. Very kind about it so ok no problem, but we found it weird since we were in the fairway on 6 hitting our approaches and the group behind us were judt getting to their shots on the 5th fairway and we saw the group Infront head to 7 as we were teeing off.

So on the 13th we are in the fairway and a ranger cones up and says its our last warning pick up the pace or next time we will be asked to skip a hole or leave. We were shocked. We were well under 3 hours for 12.5 holes. He said we were 2 holes behinD. When we finished the par 3 12th we left the green before the group behind us got to the tee. They were never waiting us on and we're usually on the tee when we were on the green. as we leave 13th green the group behind us were teeing off. We get to the 14th and we could see the group ahead teeing up on 15th so we weren't two groups behind.

On 17 the same ranger came and said good job picking up the pace of play. I was kind of pissed. we said we did nothing different and we're on pace to finish in under 4 hours. And said when we got to 14 we could see the group ahead so him saying we were 2 holes behind wasnt true and reiterated the group behind us never once waited for us. He proceeds to tell me they had been waiting all round. This as we leaving the 17th par 5 and the group behind us is teeing off.

I kbow long rant, but I was annoyed that we played in under 4 hours and been apprsched 3 times with one time being told we were going to be asked to skip a hole or leave.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in cases like this, which we've all dealt with at one time or another, it's important to remember that marshals are simply low level employees who act without a lot of supervision and don't represent the facility as a whole. Do they act like power tripping jerks at times? Man do they ever. But you have to keep in mind that this is a guy they brought in and told him to cruise around and make sure that play goes smoothly and that's it, if there isn't a problem they don't have a lot to do with the marshals.

If it was me I would email the facility and let them know what happened, let them know how the marshal made you feel, and let them know that you didn't pay $100 a person to feel denigrated. Make sure to let them know which marshal it was, they probably have no idea how he's acting and they won't talk to him about it if they don't know.

In any case I wouldn't write off the facility over what a marshal did. I've played the Disney courses on several occasions as well, and I always enjoyed them as well as the service.

Your a smart man thrillhouse. We will be back,but with the endless golf options here its gonna be a while. We have always loved disney golf and the service there. Was just shocked when the ranger drove up and said last warning. No hello or nothing.

I didnt mention this originally, but we got a couple warnings on the cart gps asking us to pick up the pace. Never seen that there before in maybe 40 plus rounds there. So not sure if this some inititve by Arnold Palmer golf management to speed up the pace of play. Thats why we were talking about staying away for a while. I know people are gonna think we were definitly slow and holding things up, but we teed up at 915 and ended at 110 on a Saturday morning in peak season. we just didn't get it since like i said we played in under 4 hours and never once had the group behind us waiting.

It's a case of marshals not understanding how to keep the pace of play.

It's not easy to do because all it takes is 1 group to lag and you can throw off the pace of play for the entire day.

But, if you're well under 3 hours after 12 holes, even if the group ahead is 2 holes ahead, then you're on an acceptable pace and the marshal needs to go to the groups behind you and see who is the slow group holding people up.

You're experience at Disney is different than mine.

Played Magnolia in August...in 95 degree heat and played a 5.5 hour round. And there were no marshals moving anybody along.

RH

Hahaha! We were the 9:44 tee time on Saturday and the ranger told us about a group having a hole in front of them because apparently they stopped to get food after hole 9, which slows the pace down a bit. We had to wait 5-6 minutes on 10th tee, but nothing too bad. 4 hr 15 minute round at disney isn't bad at all. How about those GREENS!!!!!!!!!! FASTEST GREENS IN CENTRAL FLORIDA, GUARANTEED. Rangers @ LBV isn't common either Richie, that was the first or second time I saw one, and I'm there almost every weekend.

It seems as you pulled up to the 14th and the group ahead was already on the 15th tee so you had fallen behind. That said, you also stated you finished in under 4 hrs yet received 3 warnings from the ranger and additional warnings from the cart GPS. Finishing in less than 4 hrs is more than reasonable. I'm wondering if the folks behind you were asked to speed up and they blamed you?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Thats funny you were the 9:44 tee time. We didn't stop for food at the turn, but the cart girl doesn't drive the course. She parks at the 9th green and sells sandwhiches. And theres that little snack shacK. If your going to sell food at the turn you cant get mad if people stop to buy it.

True when we got the 14th tee the group infront was on the 15th tee, but the ranger had told us we were 2 holes behind which wasn't true. And while they were on 15th tee we are on 14th tee and the group behind was on the 13th tee. We thought the pace of play was great.

The greens were lightening fast. Was not expecting that. I reslly do enjoy the courses and have played them a ton recently. We will be back, but we are gonna make our way around to other Orlando courses before we do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I played Magnolia on Friday and lets just say I won't be going back. Other posters are correct, the service is average, and the course is average. The price they charge is very expensive. And I was shocked that they even charge for range balls. I'm glad I got to play it, but won't be going back.

I did also play Reunion Palmer the day before. Much better conditions there. Course was in excellent shape. Very tough.