2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Game is still a work in process right now. I think I'm getting the confidence back physically, but playing much less than I have in the past. Putting has been the biggest improvement, but I'm still having rounds where I make big numbers or have multiple 3 putts. That's gotta stop.

I've decided that 84 is the new 90. Like, I can be playing poorly, but I've got to be having a bad bad day to shoot 90. I'm moving that number down to 84. I catch myself being "Man I wonder if I'll break 90". It's all mental at this point. We'll see how it goes.

GTTh:

Well I shot 95 at Compass Point, then 78 my next time out at OC. I guess you could say I'm at a pretty excellent place with my game at the moment. Consistency wise at least.

Real world: my iron striking was teX-rated (in a good way) yesterday. Straight lasers at pins all day. Tee game was solid minus two to right field. Putting was trash, but I blame that on not having "feel" in my hands from a few days of demoing a house.

We will see how next week goes. Then the next week. Then the next.

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

GTTh:

Well I shot 95 at Compass Point, then 78 my next time out at OC. I guess you could say I'm at a pretty excellent place with my game at the moment. Consistency wise at least.

Real world: my iron striking was teX-rated (in a good way) yesterday. Straight lasers at pins all day. Tee game was solid minus two to right field. Putting was trash, but I blame that on not having "feel" in my hands from a few days of demoing a house.

Sounds like you just need to exhaust your muscles prior to playing. You might putt like trash, but it'll produce teX-rated ball striking. Yes, teX-rated ball striking.

GTTh:

Sounds like you just need to exhaust your muscles prior to playing. You might putt like trash, but it'll produce teX-rated ball striking. Yes, teX-rated ball striking.

That's a possibility. Or it could have just been the fact I wasn't playing with City...

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

I told city I wouldn't post this because nobody would care, but it's dead in here so I'm posting it.

After reading his post about the debacle on 10 yesterday, I got to thinking about our rounds out at Hoobies together. I may have disappointed him with how little I got out there, but when I did play golf last year, it was almost always with City at Hobbits. I've gotten to see a lot of his game. There were so many times out there that we either seemed to be playing about the same, or he was playing better through the early parts of the round. By the end, I more often than not came out lower though. Turns out there are numbers to back that perception up.

I headed over to eaglegrint to grab some data, and it was pretty interesting. This is for all rounds played at Hobbits for both of us.

Interesting to see how the delta really grows between 9 and 12. The difference over that stretch of holes is half of the difference over the entire round.

Along with the ongoing mysteries of "Who is putting the trash on Sully's car?" and "Who ate Fabb's sandwich at the last Capitol Cup?" comes the newest thread saga:

Who will TheCityGame invite to play the Turf Valley Member Guest with him?

I've compiled a list with a few parameters that may or not be true. The first assumption would be that City would be dumb enough to invite one of us. The second is that he would invite a lower cap- probably lower than a 16 (sorry Boogs and Golfer827)

With those assumptions in mind, I carefully went over to the EagleGrint and made the short list of candidates:

1. Fabb (eliminated, let City down, makes EagleGrint charts showing how much better he is than him.

2. PQuarta (eliminated, let City down, doesn't inform him of attempts to win Maryland Open)

3. Eagle1997 (eliminated, let City down)

4. Halcyan (has disappeared)

5. DT15 (starts hitting hooks if located with a 10 square mile radius of City)

6. Siegel159

7. VTNerf (eliminated, lives in the sticks, still in shock over yet ANOTHER Caps meltdown)

8. Baddomes (eliminated, injuries)

9. Kent01putt (eliminated, would put team average age into super senior bracket.)

10. TerpinTime (eliminated, moved to Houston to get away from City.

11. BangWord not allowed (eliminated, moved even further away to get away from City.)

12. OCGolfRick

Whelp, I'm feeling pretty good about my second place position here. How can I improve my position, you ask?

"Hey Siegel, you like the 10th hole at Hobbits Glen right? Didn't you say that all golf holes should be like that?"

And now, that I appear to be the favorite, I humbly accept. I certainly don't expect you to pay for everything City.

I'll bring about ten $1 bills to tip the bartenders! And I'm a great partner- sometimes my score counts on 3, even 4 holes in MG at OCGC! (the rest I normally pick up my ball after the sixth stroke.)

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

Along with the ongoing mysteries of "Who is putting the trash on Sully's car?" and "Who ate Fabb's sandwich at the last Capitol Cup?" comes the newest thread saga:

Who will TheCityGame invite to play the Turf Valley Member Guest with him?

I've compiled a list with a few parameters that may or not be true. The first assumption would be that City would be dumb enough to invite one of us. The second is that he would invite a lower cap- probably lower than a 16 (sorry Boogs and Golfer827)

With those assumptions in mind, I carefully went over to the EagleGrint and made the short list of candidates:

1. Fabb (eliminated, let City down, makes EagleGrint charts showing how much better he is than him.

2. PQuarta (eliminated, let City down, doesn't inform him of attempts to win Maryland Open)

3. Eagle1997 (eliminated, let City down)

4. Halcyan (has disappeared)

5. DT15 (starts hitting hooks if located with a 10 square mile radius of City)

6. Siegel159

7. VTNerf (eliminated, lives in the sticks, still in shock over yet ANOTHER Caps meltdown)

8. Baddomes (eliminated, injuries)

9. Kent01putt (eliminated, would put team average age into super senior bracket.)

10. TerpinTime (eliminated, moved to Houston to get away from City.

11. BangWord not allowed (eliminated, moved even further away to get away from City.)

12. OCGolfRick

Whelp, I'm feeling pretty good about my second place position here. How can I improve my position, you ask?

"Hey Siegel, you like the 10th hole at Hobbits Glen right? Didn't you say that all golf holes should be like that?"

And now, that I appear to be the favorite, I humbly accept. I certainly don't expect you to pay for everything City.

I'll bring about ten $1 bills to tip the bartenders! And I'm a great partner- sometimes my score counts on 3, even 4 holes in MG at OCGC! (the rest I normally pick up my ball after the sixth stroke.)

I'd like to throw my hat in the list only because I've never played a round with City and he doesnt know how bad I am yet. When he does, it'll be too late.

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

Hey golfer827. . .did you play in a qualifier this week?

(gotta read the responses)

Negative, I'm not that stupid.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

The TV member guest is 900$. Supposedly it's awesome but mrs 2more doesn't see the need to spend 900 to play the course I already pay for. I see her point

Concur.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

GTTH:

My game overall is in pretty solid shape right now. If I can avoid the bad 4 holes stretches I should see some nice scores.

Strengths:

Driving (although a snapper has been popping up now and then) has continued to be solid. Hybrids and 3-woods off of the tee have also been good.

Shots from 100 yards and in

Not bad:

Chipping

Putting

Needs Work:

Par 3 scoring

Going on bogey runs

I'm sure I'd feel different if I was footing the bill, but man I've got to say that playing member-guest with my FIL is just an absolute blast of a weekend. It's an entire weekend all about playing some competitive golf, drankin', and eatin'. This year it's 45 holes of competition, and optional 18-hole rounds the day before and after the comp. Eating and drinking like a king. It's a blast. I got to play Caves last year because one of the members we played in our flight is a corporate member there. Bonus.

You've got to find a way to get your company to reimburse you for bringing a customer to play the member-guest, 2moreterps.

GTTH: Meh. Pinehurst trip was a debacle, but slowly getting my game back. I have only been out on the course once 3 times since then (twice in FLA), but was certainly more respectable. Lots of time at the range trying to re-find my groove.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

I'd be all over a member guest if both I and the guest lived within 10 minutes of the course.

Time to Join Columbia, or Chevy Chase, so you and Hoop can tear it up in the member-guest.

They are more than 10 minutes from the apartment building. That's the only reason neither of us has joined.

That makes perfect sense. I guess if they were within 10, you guys would have each joined one, then been able to kill it at both member guests.

I can on occasion and it tends to be with little or no notice...like, maybe, tomorrow(depending on weather). Just a by-product of work. And nearby is relative since I live in Warrenton.

Speaking on which, I decided to stay home yesterday and hit Prince William. They started us off on 10, which is actually the harder place to start with no warm-up. I proceeded to hook my drive behind a tree. Just couldn't get consistent and putting was not on point. 3 3-jacks. Couldn't get the speed down and was blowing putts past the hole. Managed to make some long combacks but not enough to save myself. Was also hitting about 10 yards short on approaches, which didn't help...although I hit some really solid shots, too, but couldn't convert them. Played better on the back (front) to go home with an 89.

Since I was a little pissed off, I hit Broad Run for nine. Played better but still putted for s***, speed-wise. Didn't keep score but I'm guessing about 3-4 over due to putting one in the drink but hit much better.

Gonna try to get in a round or two this weekend depending on the weather. Tomorrow/Saturday look sketchy.

Awesome, let me know. I'm down to play pretty anytime. Perhaps somewhere like Pleasant Valley would be a good middle place between us. (I'm in Arlington)

M-G can be the best. I play in about 4 to 5 a year. Some are way over priced and some are just great. Plus I have won a couple. City can take me as a partner because everyone plays the same tee's in every one I have ever played in. The question is "Can I handle City's nonstop talking for two and a half days"? I get to play in Chicago CC's M-G every year. Cost $0. That's the kind that are definitely the best.

I played at Hobblers 5 times last year, probably all with City. I bet I beat FAbb. Fabb probably paid like $800/round at Hobblers last year.

Dick. I played with you and JJ in the rain. Such a hater.

I played probably 50 rounds at Hooters with City. Our round count is gonna way down starting right quick. Sad.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

Well I watched 6 hours of golf today, and plan on watching 10 hours tomorrow, after the feeling of getting kicked in the balls! They feel/look like that dog from Van Wilder. Happy Mother's Day to my wife, your present, no more kids! Anyone else get this done? Doc says I'll be fine by next weekend.

Well I watched 6 hours of golf today, and plan on watching 10 hours tomorrow, after the feeling of getting kicked in the balls! They feel/look like that dog from Van Wilder. Happy Mother's Day to my wife, your present, no more kids! Anyone else get this done? Doc says I'll be fine by next weekend.

pics or it didn't happen.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I count 8 rounds with City last yr. 5 hobbits, 2 waverly and one worthington

UMD bro. You, me, City, and Kentnam.