MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Funny :

Played Hialeah with PQ today.

First fairway... Pump a little 3 iron right down the gut... alights in the fairway and... kicks 10 feet high, 90 degrees and 40 feet dead right, dead into the hazard.

Man hole cover. Noice.

IMG_20170912_143255.jpg

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Remember that awesome story about how I slipped on a full shot yesterday?

I slipped on a full shot again today. I decided to look at my shoe.

IMG_20170912_175010.jpg

That shoe is now in the trash.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Left shoes don't get worn down.

Bet : Spieth, Thomas and DJ are playing together Thursday and Friday. I get Thomas. Someone else pick Spieth. Someone else pick DJ.

5 bucks a piece. Low man takes it. Two low split the other guy's $5.

In the case of a tie that is.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I can't believe that is an actual manhole cover and more importantly there is no local rule about it. Before the closure last year, MV had some overhead wires that came into play crossing over a few holes and were hit more times than you would think. Local Rule - free do over. And it's not like that cover is off to the side either.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

DC has dj.

Spieth still open, gmen.

I don't know if you can make a local rule about that. Can you determine FOR SURE from the tee that you hit it? Maybe you can. It would be nice just to have an astroturf cover on it or something.

I really don't think I'd even noticed it before. We figured I hit a sprinkler head.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I'll take Spieth

OK. It's on.

If they all tie, it's a wash.

If one guy wins, he gets 5 from each.

If two guys tie for low, the third guy pays each 2.50. That should cover all contingencies.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

ha. . .yeah, good round yesterday. Was supposed to play with Q at 'Beck, but they closed the front there for aeration. We had our choice at TV and we went with the Hialeah because greens were most healed.

Starter goes, "4 Koreans just went off so you might want to play the O." Nah.

Well, we waited to tee off on 1. We waited about a total of 2 minutes the rest of the day. We finished in 3:20 and they were 2 holes ahead of us. I have NO IDEA what game they were playing, but they were fast.

As stated, I stepped up on 1, knocked a 3 iron right down the middle and it jumped like a bean into the lateral hazard. I dropped, hit limbs with the next, but sunk like a 12 footer bogey save (nice putt alert). Bogeyed 2.

Hole 4, I pulled a drive a little left. I wasn't even looking at it, was getting my tee. I was like, "left side". Then I heard it zip through some leaves, never saw it drop, but gave it a 5 minute+ search and couldn't find it. I found about 5 other balls. I was PI$$ED. Q comes over, "it should be right here."

"Yeah, it SHOULD f*cking be right f*cking here."

So I'm +4 after 4 and I'm like "whatever, girlfriend" on this round. PQ made an all world par on 3 from the trees and then made a great par on 4. He just drives it over the trees to the right there, basically to about the 100 mark.

Hole 5 the 3-putt streak almost comes to an end. Hit a putt 6 feet past but make it coming back. (nice putt alert). PQ makes a great par here from a spot of invisibility.

Hole 6, I get one back after hitting a 175 yard 6 iron to 6 feet (hold that thought). (nice putt alert). Q makes a great 2-putt here for par, so he's got some scramble going on.

<aside : two cool par saves>

Hole 7, par 5, i lose a drive right, punch out with a 6 iron and I've got 230 to the two tiered green. Knock a 4 wood on the green, on the top tier. The pin is basically on the slope of the tier. I'm thinking if I get this to stop within 12 feet of the hole, that's a good putt. Putt trickles over the edge of the tier and stops a foot ABOVE the hole (nice lag putt).

Mirror image :

Hole 17, long par 5. Q misses left, punches out. Has 250 front edge. Front pin. Absolute Q-SMASH Hybrid to 25 feet. Two putt par for him.

</aside>

I turn at +4.

Hole 12, I hit a drive to 180 out. Q hits his hybrid to 178 out. Nice. I need to hit a cut 5-iron to get it there. I catch it about 2.75 grooves low, it never gets more than 6 feet off the ground, but flies about 120 yards with a little cut, rolls 60 more, misses the trap and stops about 30 feet above the hole. I have Q move his mark a putter head left, then I rolled the ball RIGHT OVER his moved mark, ball hits the hole going about 100 mph and drops in for EAGLE. (nice putt alert). 3-putt streak in jeopardy with that one.

13 : Hit another 6 iron to about 6 feet but miss that one. Just a few really nice long irons out there yesterday. The whole way to the green, I'm like, "nice. I'm getting this round back to +1." Total mis-read on the putt. Total. Missed a 6 footer 6 inches right, maybe more.

17 : Make a 8/10 foot par saver. nice putt alert.

18, Make a 12 foot par saver. nice putt alert.

Basically, I'd say I went about 6/7 on putts that were 50/50. That helps. I also should have hit a few shots that didn't leave me with 50/50 putts. Wedge game is NOT solid. Long iron game is. My 6-iron proximity yesterday was less than my wedge proximity.

I got bad luck on 1 & 4 but I bounced off trees into good positions on 2 & 10. Really was rolling it nice, though. Had a couple of really nice lag putts to keep The Streak going. 117 holes right now. That's 6.5 rounds of golf without a 3-putt.

Half-price burger night. Had a burger, O-rings, 2 beers. It was more calories than I normally consume in 3-days. Yogurt, salad, and butternut squash are on the penance menu today.

Greens were still healing, and slow, but I can't complain about how they were rolling.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

ha. . .yeah, good round yesterday. Was supposed to play with Q at 'Beck, but they closed the front there for aeration. We had our choice at TV and we went with the Hialeah because greens were most healed.

Starter goes, "4 Koreans just went off so you might want to play the O." Nah.

Well, we waited to tee off on 1. We waited about a total of 2 minutes the rest of the day. We finished in 3:20 and they were 2 holes ahead of us. I have NO IDEA what game they were playing, but they were fast.

As stated, I stepped up on 1, knocked a 3 iron right down the middle and it jumped like a bean into the lateral hazard. I dropped, hit limbs with the next, but sunk like a 12 footer bogey save (nice putt alert). Bogeyed 2.

Hole 4, I pulled a drive a little left. I wasn't even looking at it, was getting my tee. I was like, "left side". Then I heard it zip through some leaves, never saw it drop, but gave it a 5 minute+ search and couldn't find it. I found about 5 other balls. I was PI$$ED. Q comes over, "it should be right here."

"Yeah, it SHOULD f*cking be right f*cking here."

So I'm +4 after 4 and I'm like "whatever, girlfriend" on this round. PQ made an all world par on 3 from the trees and then made a great par on 4. He just drives it over the trees to the right there, basically to about the 100 mark.

Hole 5 the 3-putt streak almost comes to an end. Hit a putt 6 feet past but make it coming back. (nice putt alert). PQ makes a great par here from a spot of invisibility.

Hole 6, I get one back after hitting a 175 yard 6 iron to 6 feet (hold that thought). (nice putt alert). Q makes a great 2-putt here for par, so he's got some scramble going on.

<aside : two cool par saves>

Hole 7, par 5, i lose a drive right, punch out with a 6 iron and I've got 230 to the two tiered green. Knock a 4 wood on the green, on the top tier. The pin is basically on the slope of the tier. I'm thinking if I get this to stop within 12 feet of the hole, that's a good putt. Putt trickles over the edge of the tier and stops a foot ABOVE the hole (nice lag putt).

Mirror image :

Hole 17, long par 5. Q misses left, punches out. Has 250 front edge. Front pin. Absolute Q-SMASH Hybrid to 25 feet. Two putt par for him.

</aside>

I turn at +4.

Hole 12, I hit a drive to 180 out. Q hits his hybrid to 178 out. Nice. I need to hit a cut 5-iron to get it there. I catch it about 2.75 grooves low, it never gets more than 6 feet off the ground, but flies about 120 yards with a little cut, rolls 60 more, misses the trap and stops about 30 feet above the hole. I have Q move his mark a putter head left, then I rolled the ball RIGHT OVER his moved mark, ball hits the hole going about 100 mph and drops in for EAGLE. (nice putt alert). 3-putt streak in jeopardy with that one.

13 : Hit another 6 iron to about 6 feet but miss that one. Just a few really nice long irons out there yesterday. The whole way to the green, I'm like, "nice. I'm getting this round back to +1." Total mis-read on the putt. Total. Missed a 6 footer 6 inches right, maybe more.

17 : Make a 8/10 foot par saver. nice putt alert.

18, Make a 12 foot par saver. nice putt alert.

Basically, I'd say I went about 6/7 on putts that were 50/50. That helps. I also should have hit a few shots that didn't leave me with 50/50 putts. Wedge game is NOT solid. Long iron game is. My 6-iron proximity yesterday was less than my wedge proximity.

I got bad luck on 1 & 4 but I bounced off trees into good positions on 2 & 10. Really was rolling it nice, though. Had a couple of really nice lag putts to keep The Streak going. 117 holes right now. That's 6.5 rounds of golf without a 3-putt.

Half-price burger night. Had a burger, O-rings, 2 beers. It was more calories than I normally consume in 3-days. Yogurt, salad, and butternut squash are on the penance menu today.

Greens were still healing, and slow, but I can't complain about how they were rolling.

City played well. Made putts. I missed just about everything. And the wheels came off on the back 9. I was dying from a run the night prior and no food the entire day before teeing off. Thanks Norbeck. Anyhow, I shot a smooth 45 on the back. I hit a drive 100 yards right on 15. It was hilarious. I couldn't feel my legs by that point. I am so GD outta shape.

Still like that course. Lot of fun holes.

So, Norbeck greens were crap for at least 2 months, and 1 month post aeration. Course was PERFECT this weekend. Lush rough. Fast greens. Fairways tight and green. Roll in yesterday and 5 fairway looks like a tractor chewed it up. They friggin aerated the fairways on the front 9. No notice to member, just a paper whiteboard with BaCk 9 ONLY written in what appeared to be crayon by a 12 year old. F that place. Zero communication. Up to 1 million members now, and basically now looking at the best time of year for golf with holes in the fairways. Cool. I'm hoping they only did select holes. Had planned to each lunch there but no time because I had a real conference call and a 30 minute haul to TV. Cool.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

Since he opened the dam. . .PQ hit a drive on 15 that was OB on 3.

He was like, "that's the worst drive I've ever hit in my life."

giphy.gif

I was like, "remember when you hit one into the reservoir from hole 5 at Pine Ridge?"

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Can you feel it in the air? The seasons are changing. That special time of year is near. We now just wait, for City to announce the opening of #nameit season.

I'm waiting until after the stroke play.

I have a "better" idea for the sponsorship dollars this year. I think.

But, I'm planning on heading over within 10 days to give them the heads-up.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

So back to spikeless shoes, the last 4 pairs I've bought have all been spikeless (Gripmores x2, Pro SLs, Sketchers) and don't slip at all. I don't know if I'm just getting old and my swing is slowing down (don't think that's as likely) or I've just gotten used to it (more likely). But I cant ever imagine wanting to go back to full spikes ever again. I've had people look at the sole of the Sketchers and wonder how I just don't slip slide all around, don't know what to say, other than they are the most comfy golf shoe I've ever bought and were 1/4 the cost of the FJs.

BTW that makes two products this year (Cobra one lengths) that initially struck me as a complete joke and it turns out I was dead wrong about.

Office is shut down this afternoon so getting out to play if the rain goes away. Greens were punched last week but they've come around a lot in the last few days. DCGT event at South Riding on Saturday with Sully. Feeling really good about our chances of playing just good enough to finish last in the first flight.

Can you feel it in the air? The seasons are changing. That special time of year is near. We now just wait, for City to announce the opening of #nameit season.

I'm waiting until after the stroke play.

I have a "better" idea for the sponsorship dollars this year. I think.

But, I'm planning on heading over within 10 days to give them the heads-up.

#SuckitFabb for 5 bucks..

Don't forget chili cheeseburgers for all not just 8.

Need to stock up on those microwaveable burgers and make chili.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Since he opened the dam. . .PQ hit a drive on 15 that was OB on 3.

He was like, "that's the worst drive I've ever hit in my life."

giphy.gif

I was like, "remember when you hit one into the reservoir from hole 5 at Pine Ridge?"

That one didn't go in the Rez. Close. It was probably just as far right though.

Titleist 917D2 (8.5), OG Whiteboard 73
Callaway Steelhead Fd (15), Diamana D+ 80
Titleist 816H1 (19), Diamana D+ 90
Titleist 712 MB 4-PW, TTDG X100
Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, TTDG S300
Cameron Newport, 34"

So back to spikeless shoes, the last 4 pairs I've bought have all been spikeless (Gripmores x2, Pro SLs, Sketchers) and don't slip at all. I don't know if I'm just getting old and my swing is slowing down (don't think that's as likely) or I've just gotten used to it (more likely). But I cant ever imagine wanting to go back to full spikes ever again. I've had people look at the sole of the Sketchers and wonder how I just don't slip slide all around, don't know what to say, other than they are the most comfy golf shoe I've ever bought and were 1/4 the cost of the FJs.

Yeah, you just can't wait until you're literally at negative nub levels. I really had NO IDEA until I slipped two days in a row that they were that bad.

The push off the right ball is more of a push UP for a lot of golfers. There's not much actual torque into the ground, but when you're at negative nub, it doesn't take much torque to completely lose traction.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

[The push off the right ball is more of a push UP for a lot of golfers. There's not much actual torque into the ground, but when you're at negative nub, it doesn't take much torque to completely lose traction.

Good point, I definitely have more of an up push than a side to side. More importantly, I will usually - usually - be ready to toss a pair due to being worn out on the outside way before the nubs wore down. Those Gripmore "cleats", they never wore down. But I had to put a pair in the Goodwill bag because of how worn down the outside got.

Who ya got, PXG or TM?

Knowing the lead time/how long the R&D process at TM takes, I have to think these have been in the works for at least a couple of years. Gotta believe someone in the army of TM lawyers looked over the PXG patents (which I've read are actually pretty narrow) before they did it. Have to know that Parsons would come back at them if there was an issue. I'd be stunned if TM wasn't prepared for this.

But its good PR for Parsons either way.