Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I shot 13 over today on 9 holes. Didn't warm up and was a little stiff throughout the first half of the round. I had a huge alignment problem with the driver at the beginning and was just hitting it dead straight left. I wasn't hitting a hook or slice, I just lined up wrong. I lost three tee shots, one of them being an easy par 3.

Hole one, I top my drive straight left. I was just tight. It rolled downhill to about 140 out from the left rough. Hit a easy PW onto the green, pin high, about 15 feet from the hole. I blew the first putt past, thinking the greens were slow. I two putt from about 5 feet. Bogey. (+1)

Second hole I hit a slight fade just into the right rough (intentional to avoid the left miss in this hole). Was standing on a slippery place and ended up just short of the green. Pitch up to 10 ft from the hole. Two putt. Bogey. (+2)

Third hole i hit a easy fade because I was afraid of going left. End up in a fairway bunker 140 out. Try to hit onto the green from the bunker. End up only hitting it 50 yards. Hit my next shot to the fringe on front of the green. Putt from the fringe leaving it short. Two putt from there. Double. (+4)

Fourth hole I hit a terrible tee shot on this short par three playing 120 today. I chunked it like 30 yards. Didn't even grab another club. Hit my GW pin high but to the wrong side (I didn't even really try to line up the short since I was purely disgusted with my tee shot). I four putt there. Double. (+6)

Hole five is a par 5. Easily reachable. I hit a drive dead left. Second drive I hit a straight ball down the left edge that didn't end up fading back right. Chunk second shot from 150 out. Hit third onto the green from 80 out. Two putt from 20 feet. Double. (+8)

Hole six is a 390 yard par four. Hit drive down left edge of fairway with a slight fade to avoid the left miss in the creek. End up 115 out. Choke down on GW and land one on the green. Two putt. Par (+8)

Hole 7, 360 yard par 4. Hit tee shot with a high tight fade away from trouble on left. Wind took it a bit more right and end up just in the right rough behind a tree with 60 yards to play. Tree was about 15 yards in front of me. Open the face of the 56 and flop it onto the right side of the green. Two putt for par. (+8)

Hole 8, a par three that always gets me. For some reason I end up aligned to the left and I pulled one left off the tee. Hit second tee shot onto the green pin high. Blow the first putt past the hole and off the green. Three more putts to get it done. Quad. (+12)

Hole 9, uphil 350 yard par 4. Hit the tee shot left (but playable). Hit a second tee shot for giggles dead straight. First tee shot lands in deep rough. Ball below feet and uphill. Face catches in rough and ball goes right. Hit second spree shot's approach from middle of fairway about 80 yards out to the middle of the green about 10 feet from the hole, pin high. Third shot of original tee ball ends up going to the back of the green as the wedge catches in the rough again and opens up. Two putt from the back of the green two bogey the hole. (+13) Two putt on the second ball that I played for giggles to par.

Definitely not my normal driving like I've had the past few rounds. But if I could save myself from the silly putting f*** ups I'd be much better off. Note to self: practice green time is worth more than range time before a round. But getting neither of them is not a good thing for me. Haha

I'm traveling to Norfolk next week arriving Tuesday.. I'm looking for recommendations of where to play and possibly someone to play with me if they're available wouldn't mind meeting a fellow wrxer... I'm hoping to play either Wednesday Thursday or Friday..

Seriously, not too many of us down near VA beach. Good luck. If you're ever up around DC/Balt, look us up.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Are we talking favorite shot we hit?

Or the favorite shot (ex. Tee shot/approach shot) on a hole like "I really like the approach shot on #2 because of the look you get from the fairway, you can play it X or Y or Z.

I am going to go with the first one and say the third shot I hit on #15 (the first par 5 on the back) on Sunday. 103ish yard punch shot under a little tree while standing on the cart path. Executed exactly how I envisioned it traj wise and set myself up for a nice bird.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

GTT:

On 13, Halcyan and I hit some nice long bombs that were left side of the fairway. Stix hit one short of us and into the left rough. All three of us were blocked from the pin. I figured Stix was totally in jail. Probably had about 185 in and buried in rough. He hit something that I'm just not capable of, a big, high towering shot that might have clipped the top of one of the trees, and came up just short. From a bad lie in the rough. I don't know how that ball got up like that.

About 155 out were Halcyan and I, who have no problems hitting hooks/draws both had to start balls on a line right of the green, and bring them back over the trap to find the surface. Which we both did. It was 3 very good golf shots.

Halcyan made a great 2-putt. I had a horrible 3-putt from inside him. Stix hit a nice chip, then missed the putt. It was that kind of day.

On 15, we had 2 birdies and 2 pars, but those shots in on 13 were 3 golf shots.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

There's no way we can top Thread Meme Wednesday, so let's steer it the other direction.

Golf Talk Thursday : What was your favorite shot/hole of the Capitol Cup this past weekend?

Shot: In the peak of the rain Saturday, I hit my tee shot to about 3 feet on # 11. Kent made the birdie putt.

Hole: 18 on Sunday, had to win it to win the match and made a birdie. Not the best drive but probably the best 3 iron I've ever hit. The putt wasn't easy either, mid length left to right putt over a hump.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

My favorite shot was a short putt on 12 during the Modified Alternate Shot format. We were 1up after a concession on 10, and a halve on 11. JJ and I both hit drives to basically the same spot in the left rough, about 70 yards from the flag. I wanted to hit the approach, but didn't put enough sauce on the shot and left it short of the green, in the rough on the face of the bunker. Eagle and Dom had about 15 feet for birdie, and JJ hit a nice chip from a tough spot to about 6-7 feet. They narrowly missed the birdie putt, so we needed a make to stay on top. I played it outside the right edge and poured it in the center. No sh1t, was probably the longest putt I holed all weekend, and I missed a number of shorter, easier putts. Just knowing I did something to get the ball in the hole when it mattered felt good. Plus, getting the halve there after a miscue really kept us going. We won 3 of the next 4 holes to close it out afterwards.

Best shot I saw was Eagle on the 9th in Fourball. We came into the hole all tied up. JJ was sitting pretty, maybe 140 out in the center of the fairway, with a stroke in his pocket. Eagle was 158 yards out (I know, because I gave him a professional laser job while toting the "group umbrella" lol) in the left rough, essentially needing a birdie to halve the hole, and the match. The wind was whipping into us, and the rain was pretty heavy at this point. He whipped up some Eagle magic, and slapped one up there that landed just off the front and rolled up to 2-3 feet. JJ would miss just short, and chip up to 3 feet. Both putts were conceded to halve the match.

Not much in the way of good shots out there for me, unfortunately. Had to think about it a bit.

My favorite was my chip on #15. On #14 I had just tied it up (getting a stroke), but andy absolutely crushed his drive and was greenside in two. I got greenside in 3. Both of us are in the same area, in the tight grass directly left of the front pin. He's a few yards further away than me, but not much. Big spot in the match and the pressure is on. He went with putter and didn't make it through the longer grass to the green, then I chipped it to tap in distance for my par. Huge role reversal where he suddenly has to get up and down to halve the hole. He didn't and I took it to go 1up with 3 to play. There was some more drama with back and forth on 16 and 17, but 1up was the difference.

Nothing fancy about the shot itself. It's one of those that a reasonable player needs to make frequently to score well. But the spot in the match made it great.

Police week tourney with Tex at Andrews this morning. Hoping my partner shows up for this one...

Best shot of my weekend was 17 on Saturday. Both opponent hit good drives. They are up 2. Tex misses OB right. I address my ball and in a good bit of sportsmanship, one of our comps says "you need to hit a good one Danny." I hit a great draw off the right trees. Tex hits a ball over the pin. I nestle it down, Tex sinks it for par and the W (on that hole..)

TM TI M2 - Yellow HZRDUS HC 6.5
XR16 5w - Speeder 757
Taylormade CB 3-AW
Vokey 254, 258
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

Police week tourney with Tex at Andrews this morning. Hoping my partner shows up for this one...

Best shot of my weekend was 17 on Saturday. Both opponent hit good drives. They are up 2. Tex misses OB right. I address my ball and in a good bit of sportsmanship, one of our comps says "you need to hit a good one Danny." I hit a great draw off the right trees. Tex hits a ball over the pin. I nestle it down, Tex sinks it for par and the W (on that hole..)

Take a peek at the Open/Am qualifier results while you are there today.

GTT:

I'll go full Eagle, and say hole 10. After all the banter, and after the practice round (where I push faded a 3 wood into the woods, then teed a driver up and put it 5' from the ditch and the spooning snakes) I decided hybrid was the play. It probably is. But not ballooned into that wind. I left myself 240'ish and a hard 3 wood into the green, and into that wind. Put that one short right, flipped it up to 8', and rolled in the par. Standing on the tee box 5 down and getting out of there with par was about as much as I could ask for that day.

Saturday: my DCGT partner and I are all square with FABB n JJ going into #9. Pouring rain. JJ strokes. He and FABB both bomb it off the tee, I kinda lunge at it and pull hook it over the fairway bunker left. Partner is in jail under the trees left, basically out of the hole with JJ deep in the fairway.

We're all getting wetter by the second. FABB is kind enough to give me the yardage (158) and its playing long, out of wet thick rough to a front pin. Again, can't stress this enough: JJ strokes and is 25 yards past me and in the fairway.

I've been awful out of the rough, cold-topping one on #3 and had several other squirrelly debacles. After some internal debate, I pulled 6i, played it farther back in my stance and just hammered down on the back of my ball. It comes squirting out low, hard and right at the pin. I'm yelling at it from the jump. "Be the one! Be the one! BE! THE! ONE!"

Lands on the front edge and sticks 3 feet from the pin. :)

JJ and FABB both come up a bit short and chip up. Dom picks up. FABB picks up. JJ stalks his putt from all angles, he's got a sliding 4.5 footer down the hill. Even calls FABB in for a consult.

As he's over the ball, I finally realize what a great outcome would be and say, "Hey JJ? Good-Good?" He looks at me like I'm crazy, accepts and we all shake hands after halving the front 9. Good team golf moment, great shots that led up to that moment. 7 birdies/net birdies that led up to that. Lots of blood.

Sunday: there was no good golf out of me or FABB Sunday. It was more like "survival" golf than anything else. Fabb's chip out of the cinder block was amazing. Put the match's outcome ahead of the well-being of his club. If I had to pick for myself, I'd say my 15 footer down the hill for birdie on 7. FABB already made his bird, so it was either make or lose the hole. Jarred it with perfect speed.

I saw some really nice play from domes. He's gotten really long. Hit some very good drives and some beautiful irons. I really liked his drive on 12 to like 40 yards out, and his drive and stick-it approach on 13 to 4 feet.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Now that it's over and we won, My favorite was the synchronized approaches on #17 on Sunday. I thought I was going to have to physically defend myself for a second.

I honestly wasn't even the tiniest bit upset with you. It would be silly to blame a little sound for the poor shot I hit. Mount Wispy FAbb erupted purely out of self-loathing.

My Tee shot on #10 and #10 itself for me. I was 2 down at the turn and thankful for it to only be that much, and I knew if I just could hang on I had some stroke holes coming up and then maybe get some good luck coming in. Like I said before, I debated whether to hit hybrid off the tee, but went with driver, because, 2 down. Ripped it right down the middle. Really proud of myself for pulling that off. He hacked up the right side, I hit mine just off the left side of the green, and got up and down for a conceded par. Really the turning point of my match, as I proceeded to win 4 of the next 5 holes.

Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.