2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

shreveportgolfonline.com - Paul Manco

Viking Golfer

What's up with this guy :(
I've purchased several sets of irons and other stuff from Paul Manco and his golf store at www.shreveportgolfonline.com - among other a set of Ping S58 irons, but I've been playing with a friends Ping S58 irons set for the last 4 months now, because Paul was moving his business to a new location and for some reason wasn't able to ship the irons to me.
I told him that I used my friends set and that he should take it easy and ship it when he felt ready for it.

Paul then emailed me more than 2 months ago promising me that the Ping S58's were ready for delivery, but then nothing happens. On top of that I've also paid for two Titleist 585H hybrids, FT-5 Driver and grips and stuff - but he does not reply to my emails.
I've tried calling him twice during the last two weeks, and no reply either.

I'm beginning to worry - will I ever receive the golf gear, that I already paid for 10 months ago ?
Paul has been really really nice to me in so many ways, but in my last email to him, I had to explain that I would contact the authorities if he didn't respond to my emails or phone calls. I'm really really sad that it had to end this way, because I really think Paul was a nice and very friendly guy who offered me great service - but I simply can't accept waiting for a set of irons and hybrids for more than 4-5 months, while Paul promise me they are ready for shipment and still nothing happens.

Anybody besides me having trouble getting in touch with Paul Manco ?
If I don't hear from him within next week, I'll have to contact my local bank and tell them my Golf gear delivery guy from USA has charged more than $2,000 on my mastercard without ever sending me the golf gear I paid for - it's really sad, but what else can I do black%20eye.gif ;)

EDIT:

It should be noted that Paul did send me a set of Miura irons and Titleist driver back in june and a set of Ping irons in september, but he still has a set of S58 irons, two Titleist 585H hybrids and a Cally Tour FT-5 driver that he hasn't send to me, though he promised he would ship them to me more than 2 months ago.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've purchased several sets of irons and other stuff from Paul Manco and his golf store at www.shreveportgolfonline.com - among other a set of Ping S58 irons, but I've been playing with a friends Ping S58 irons set for the last 4 months now, because Paul was moving his business to a new location and for some reason wasn't able to ship the irons to me.

I told him that I used my friends set and that he should take it easy and ship it when he felt ready for it.

Paul then emailed me more than 2 months ago promising me that the Ping S58's were ready for delivery, but then nothing happens. On top of that I've also paid for two Titleist 585H hybrids, FT-5 Driver and grips and stuff - but he does not reply to my emails.

I've tried calling him twice during the last two weeks, and no reply either.

I'm beginning to worry - will I ever receive the golf gear, that I already paid for 10 months ago ?

Paul has been really really nice to me in so many ways, but in my last email to him, I had to explain that I would contact the authorities if he didn't respond to my emails or phone calls. I'm really really sad that it had to end this way, because I really think Paul was a nice and very friendly guy who offered me great service - but I simply can't accept waiting for a set of irons and hybrids for more than 4-5 months, while Paul promise me they are ready for shipment and still nothing happens.

Anybody besides me having trouble getting in touch with Paul Manco ?

If I don't hear from him within next week, I'll have to contact my local bank and tell them my Golf gear delivery guy from USA has charged more than $2,000 on my mastercard without ever sending me the golf gear I paid for - it's really sad, but what else can I do black%20eye.gif ;)

EDIT:

It should be noted that Paul did send me a set of Miura irons and Titleist driver back in june and a set of Ping irons in september, but he still has a set of S58 irons, two Titleist 585H hybrids and a Cally Tour FT-5 driver that he hasn't send to me, though he promised he would ship them to me more than 2 months ago.

Goosh, I'd say your very patient...I would have made a more drastic measures much sooner....I have dealt with Paul before which was very pleasent and easy, but on the other hand, this is business and if someone had my $2000 I would want some accountablity or I would take action...and without a responses I would take action immendiately and say sorry's later if necessary...my 2cents

Wooooo. Easy there.

I have worked with Paul for over 2 years. He has always been more then helpful and willing to bend over backwards.

He has even contacted me out of the blue to see how the equipment was doing.

I'm sure if he told you something he meant it. If he is moving shops, then its likely he had to put your work and others on the backburner.

I HIGHLY DOUBT that he will screw you out of anything, let alone a few thousand worth of equipment. He has a reputation to uphold and its not worth that little of gear.

I hate when people threaten to "contact the authorities" this is dumd and its only meant for pure intimidation, and it only ends pissing off people that have good intentions.

On your side I agree that a few months is too long to wait, but this should not be settled on a discussion board, it should be settled between the to of you.

Try calling him and meaving him messages evryday until you hear back from him and express your patience and ask him for a time frame or a refund. I'm sure he will gladly do both.

Good Luck.

Try calling him and meaving him messages evryday until you hear back from him and express your patience and ask him for a time frame or a refund. I'm sure he will gladly do both.

Good Luck.

I think that puts WAY too much burden on the customer, especially one who is overseas. Why not just respond in a timely manner? I too had never heard anything bad about Paul, until I heard a similar story last year. A fellow member here had ordered a 905R from him with a Matrix shaft of some kind. It was supposedly in stock, but then it wasn't, and Paul had this customer deal directly with Matrix himself, rather than take care of the customer. Finally, once the shaft came in, it was installed into the wrong lofted head or something ridiculous. So this member (another out-of country experience) has to ship it back wait for the not-so-quick turnaround on getting what amounts to a pulled shaft reinstalled into a new head, and pay for customs fees a second time, on a shaft/head combo that had depreciated in value over the 8-some-odd month delay. ;)

:hi:

Wooooo. Easy there.

I have worked with Paul for over 2 years. He has always been more then helpful and willing to bend over backwards.

He has even contacted me out of the blue to see how the equipment was doing.

I'm sure if he told you something he meant it. If he is moving shops, then its likely he had to put your work and others on the backburner.

I HIGHLY DOUBT that he will screw you out of anything, let alone a few thousand worth of equipment. He has a reputation to uphold and its not worth that little of gear.

I hate when people threaten to "contact the authorities" this is dumd and its only meant for pure intimidation, and it only ends pissing off people that have good intentions.

On your side I agree that a few months is too long to wait, but this should not be settled on a discussion board, it should be settled between the to of you.

Good Luck.

But the thing is that I have tried to call him and have sent more than 4 emails to him during the last month, and when I still don't get any feedback from him, I thought I wold post in here. Maybe some guys in here also have trouble with Paul, because Paul is under pressure moving his business to a new location.

I think I have been MORE than patient enough - considering the money for the S58 irons and 585H hybrids was charged on my mastercard 6-8 months ago.

I told Paul not to stress himself, but I still would like some feedback from him - I don't get any kind of feedback and I'm not interested in calling him from Europe in vain several times - it also cost some $$$.

I told him at the start of this year, that I would need my irons delivered in april at the latest........I really think he has more than exceeded this time limit now.

I agree this puts you in a very precarious and bad situation. Even more so because you are in Europe.

I hope Paul contact you soon so you can get this settled asap.

Next time I suggest not to pay for Equipment from a vendor until it has shipped or is ready to ship and let them know that.

Good Luck and I hope it all works out for you Claus.

I agree this puts you in a very precarious and bad situation. Even more so because you are in Europe.

I hope Paul contact you soon so you can get this settled asap.

Next time I suggest not to pay for Equipment from a vendor until it has shipped or is ready to ship and let them know that.

Good Luck and I hope it all works out for you Claus.

Thank you for the sympathy for my situation ;)

I'm not trying to diss Paul at all, I know he's a nice guy - but I just feel kind of trapped here. I hope I'll still be able to deal with Paul, when he gets his business settled - and will try to make him understand that it will be better for both sides not to charge money before the custom fitted golf gear is ready for shipment.......

I can vouch for Paul too, in that he is usually a helpful guy and always seems to do right by his customers. However, I've noticed in the past that he is not the most organized person in the world, and often seems to take forever before catching up on emails or responding to an inquiry. I'm surprised that you can't talk to him by phone, but this may be because of the moving process. I'll bet posting on Golfwrx will help move things along. Word will get back to him, I'm sure.

Claus,

I'll help you out. Check your pm.

- Rob

Thanks for your help, Rob :russian_roulette:

I still haven't heard from Paul, and frankly I expect him to reply to my emails very very soon.

I won't spend more time trying to call him or email him.....I've spent enough time on this frankly.

I've got two PM's from other guys in the same situation as I'm in - they haven't heard from Paul in weeks/months and they have golf gear pending that Paul still has not shipped to them.

If Paul deals with his loyal customers like this, I'm done doing business with him. I'll probably buy my clubs from Joe Kwok in the future.

UPDATE:

I just gor an email from Paul.....JUBIIIIIIIII......I hope we will work things out in a proper way and everybody will end up being satisfied :russian_roulette:

But still this is NOT the proper way to deal with serious loyal customers...no matter the situation one might be in. The least you can do is give your loyal customers an email answer explaining the situation.

I know that Paul was in California for a week or so. Also, he is putting together a new shop with launch monitor, etc. I am very surprised to hear of your issues. I have dealt with Paul and referred many to him with no problems.

Please, please, please post the resolution to your situation, good or bad, hopefully good, so that all of us can make our own decisions. Not saying you aren't justified in being irate, as I would be over the moon, but I am hopeful that Paul has a reasonable explanation. Sounds like a situation we all get into sometimes where it all goes snafu and we ignore it hoping it will sort itself out or go away.

Good luck. I am betting on Paul to make this right.

I know that Paul was in California for a week or so. Also, he is putting together a new shop with launch monitor, etc. I am very surprised to hear of your issues. I have dealt with Paul and referred many to him with no problems.

Please, please, please post the resolution to your situation, good or bad, hopefully good, so that all of us can make our own decisions. Not saying you aren't justified in being irate, as I would be over the moon, but I am hopeful that Paul has a reasonable explanation. Sounds like a situation we all get into sometimes where it all goes snafu and we ignore it hoping it will sort itself out or go away.

Good luck. I am betting on Paul to make this right.

As I've said all along, Paul is a very nice & friendly guy - I just think he has a weakness in not knowing when to stop taking in new orders from customers in his online golfshop.

I'm far from the only one who seem to have trouble with Paul's schedule for ordering clubs, fitting them, building them to specs and then have them shipped in due time.

I've received a couple of PM's from guys who are having the same kind of trouble as I am with Paul Manco. Unfortunately these guys prefer to stay anonymous (take it for it is).

Paul must realize that when he charges peoples credit cards, he has an obligation to make sure these guys get their golf gear shipped in due time or Paul must stay in touch with them so they know he does what he can to make sure the golfgear is on its way.

Paul stopped all kind of communication with most of his customers for 3-4 months, because of his new golf store (that he almost had to build himself from scratch).

I still don't think building an entire golf store from scratch is a proper excuse for not informing anxious customers, who don't know what is happening with their money and 'when/if at all' they get their golf gear shipped.

Paul has today sent me an email with an excuse - and he tells me he's sorry about not getting back to me sooner. I accept it, but must admit that I'm still a bit grumpy because of the whole situation :russian_roulette: :(

I'm almost sure, Paul will do everything he can to solve my situation, but I also hope he will help others in the same situation as I'm in. The whole purpose of my post here on GolfWRX was to obtain two things: Firstly to let other potential customers know about the current situation and secondly because I hoped some of Paul's loyal friends and customers would find a way through to Paul.

I've been doing business with Paul for almost 4 years now - also from overseas and he has always been friendly with really no negatives. The past two weeks I've been ringing his phone off the hook and recorded messages, I've sent at least 5-6 emails and for a while I actually thought he had had an accident or something. I'm just waiting for one clubhead (since end January) so I'm really not in the same situation as Claus.

I wasn't trying to contact him about this clubhead - but instead I'm in the market for a set of Taylor Made R7 TP after a TM custom fitting in Spain a couple of weeks ago - and I want to give Paul first refusal.

Anyway - he finally contacted me two days ago on Monday - and there had obviously been something wrong with his internet. Sh-t happens - I hope this was a one off for both Claus and myself because I really have liked doing business with him.

I've been doing business with Paul for almost 4 years now - also from overseas and he has always been friendly with really no negatives. The past two weeks I've been ringing his phone off the hook and recorded messages, I've sent at least 5-6 emails and for a while I actually thought he had had an accident or something. I'm just waiting for one clubhead (since end January) so I'm really not in the same situation as Claus.

I wasn't trying to contact him about this clubhead - but instead I'm in the market for a set of Taylor Made R7 TP after a TM custom fitting in Spain a couple of weeks ago - and I want to give Paul first refusal.

Anyway - he finally contacted me two days ago on Monday - and there had obviously been something wrong with his internet. Sh-t happens - I hope this was a one off for both Claus and myself because I really have liked doing business with him.

Me too !

Just felt like I had to do something in order to get Paul to contact me - it worked !

When you have charged more than $2K on a customers mastercard and nothing happens for 4-6 months, you are entitled to to feel some sort of dejection, aren't you black%20eye.gif

Paul could easily have set up an internet account on another PC or used an internet cafe for that matter.......poor excuse black%20eye.gif

I had the same problem with claus and like claus I am being patient and when I saw claus's post i started to get worry. I have read good things about paul (that is why I order my club with him) and I am glad that paul started making contact with his clients although I have not heard from him yet. Anyhow I would like to thanks Hipcheck for his help and I hope the situation will be solved for everyone.

I've been reading this thread throughout it's duration and i'd just like to say well done to Claus for acting in such an impeccable manner during what was a potentially serious situation.

It also proves how valuable this site can be for assistance in such matters. HipCheck, whatever you did you did it well.

The guy in question obviously has a lot of loyal customers and as expected, the problems were down to his move and a lack of organisation. I'm sure if he's aware of these posts he won't be making the same mistakes again.

Tongt, hope your situation is also resolved soon.

Well done guys for such a mature attitude. Another reason why this is the best site in the world.

I had the same problem with claus and like claus I am being patient and when I saw claus's post i started to get worry. I have read good things about paul (that is why I order my club with him) and I am glad that paul started making contact with his clients although I have not heard from him yet. Anyhow I would like to thanks Hipcheck for his help and I hope the situation will be solved for everyone.

Thanks for posting in this thread, making people know that I'm not alone in this particular case :drinks: :D

I've been reading this thread throughout it's duration and i'd just like to say well done to Claus for acting in such an impeccable manner during what was a potentially serious situation.

It also proves how valuable this site can be for assistance in such matters. HipCheck, whatever you did you did it well.

The guy in question obviously has a lot of loyal customers and as expected, the problems were down to his move and a lack of organisation. I'm sure if he's aware of these posts he won't be making the same mistakes again.

Tongt, hope your situation is also resolved soon.

Well done guys for such a mature attitude. Another reason why this is the best site in the world.

Thanks for the acknowledgement and the compliment :yes:

I will continue to update this thread until Paul has sent me my golf gear and I receive it and make sure every item, I ordered and paid for, is there.

It worries me, that Paul hasn't replied to my two emails yet, though more than two days has past.

I've replied to Paul's email and sent another one to get a survey of the clubs I've ordered and the shafts I would like in my clubs. Unfortunately I don't think Paul can foresee what clubs and shafts I would like and what he has ordered. This is frustrating because I would like to get the proper shafts in my driver and hybrids but Paul does not return with a straight answer to my request.

Paul told me he would get the items and build them to my specs and ship them to me by the middel of next week. I'll keep updating on my currrent situation. I'm a bit curious how Paul can order the clubs and ship them to me, when he still has not informed me of which shafts I can get in the clubs.......unfortunately I think he is a bit confused right now :D :drinks:

I still haven't received my Ping S58's, my two Titleist 585H, my FT-5 Tour and my shirts and ofther stuff from Paul Manco :D :cheesy: ;) :yes: - he PROMISED HE WOULD SHIP THEM MIDDLE OF THIS WEEK......cross my fingers.

Would hate to involve the police and the authorities on this :cheesy: :cheesy:

I've sent him two emails since he contacted me last week, but he hasn't replied to me since that :drinks: black%20eye.gif

Another update on my club situation......

Paul promised me to send what he had in stock to me last week and the other this week. It's now friday, Paul has not emailed me and I haven't heard anything from him - so I guess he once again can't keep a promise :bigwhack:

He was supposed to ship me my hybrids, woods and Ping S58 irons this week - and all I get from him is dead silence.......ONCE AGAIN..............I'll give him until middle of next week and then I'll turn him in and claim all my money back. I'll never do business with him ever again and I can only recommend that WRX'ers stay away from doing business with him.

I know this guy has a lot of loyal customers on here but I can't disagree with your thoughts mate. I hope the situation is sorted out in the best possible way, let us know your progress.

I guess my earlier post is a bit redundant now.

If Hipcheck or anybody else knows what more Claus can do to resolve this situation beforehand then i'm sure he'd appreciate your advice.

Sorry guys. I tried to help. I guess I didn't? :bigwhack:

Hipcheck, you did help me :rolleyes:

You caused Paul to send me an email - this is what he wrote to me on tuesday 04.24.2007 (I'm sorry, but I feel the need to enlighten my correspondence with Paul in this thread):

"Claus, I am terribly sorry about not getting back to you sooner. It has been a very difficult transition with my move on the local side. I have had to do most of the physical labor of building the shop myself, as well as setting up the technical equipment. I have not had internet access for some time because of the transition. I don't want to give you any excuses. This is all my problem and my fault for not handling your order in a timely fashion. The OEM's would not deliver orders until my shop was set up and they were able to inspect. I will ship out what I have this week and the rest of the order next week. I will send you one of the hybrids at no cost. Let me know if you need anything else and I will be able to deliver next week. Again, I apologize and I will handle this and if there is any other way I can make this better, just let me know.

Thanks,

Paul"

It should be noted, that I already paid for both hybrids and the ironsets, so basically what Paul offers me for free, I already have paid for 4-5 months ago :cheesy:

Since receiving this email, I've emailed Paul 3 times - and haven't heard a word from him since that :cheesy:

My first reply to Paul was on the 04.25.2007:

"Paul,

I realize you’ve been in a stressful situation lately, but I’ve been kind of worried too. Would I ever receive my clubs ?, why didn’t I hear from you ?, why didn’t you ship the Ping clubs when they were ready 2 months ago ? I also shipped a couple of Nike polo shirts as a gift for you, did you ever recieve them a long with some golf grips from Lamkin I ordered for myself ?

And I also still have some Nike shirts for myself, you still haven’t shipped to me – back from the summer of 2006.

But I’m glad you got back to me. You have some loyal customers and friends at Golfwrx that still supports you and they PM’ed me and told me they would try to get in touch with you.

As far as I know, you’ve alredy charged my card for the Ping irons, the cancellation fee from the Mizuno Mp-60 irons ($200) and for one 585H hybrid.

You then told me, I could swap the Bridgestone J33 hybrid for one 585H hybrid (The Bridgestone Hybrid is bought and paid for in another place a LOOOONG time ago) – no extra charge because they cost the same.

I already bought my friends set of Ping S58 irons, because of the delay (I had to, because I never did recieve mine from you) – so the Ping S58 irons are of no interest to me anymore – I’m sorry.

Instead I would like to cancel the old order on the Ping S58 and get a set of the new upcoming Miura Cb-202 irons that will be released shortly. Do you know anything about them – they are not up on the Miura US website yet. I still would like to get the two Titleist 585H hybrids – but you never told me which shaft I could get them installed with. I would like Tour Flighted Rifle 6.0 in both Titleist 585H hybrids. You never told me if I could get them with VS proto or BlackGold…… L

Also please remember I would like to have Lamkin Crossline Full Cord Midsize grips in my hybrids and Lamkin Crossline NON Cord Midsize grips in my irons and wedges. I also don’t know what happened to my Callaway FT-5 Tour driver order ?

Because I never got feedback from you, I ordered a driver from a UK vendor.

Thanks

Claus"

Since then I emailed him once again on the 04.26.2007, because of silence from Paul:

"Hey Paul, I’m getting confused – I can’t remember what degree I ordered in the hybrid clubs – it’s been so long now…..

Basically I like steel shafts in my hybrids – and I want 18-19° loft.

If you have hard time returning the Ping S58 clubs, I will buy them from you anyway.

You just have to understand, that I’m a club HO – and I constantly am looking for new golf gear.

I know you need 3-4 weeks to order and custom fit a set of irons, 5-6 weeks tops – but longer than that, and I’m already moving on to new stuff.

More than 2-3 months delivery time on irons and other stuff i wayyy too long for me to wait on golf gear – especially when the new season has started 1 month ago here in Denmark.

Could you give me a total update on my clubsituation with you – and what you can ship to me and what kind of shafts I can get in my hybrids ?

I need some information ASAP

As I said, I’ve already been charged for the S58 and the two hybrids (one of them was a direct swap with a J33 hybrid, I bought at Rockbottom) and the $200 cancellation fee from the Mizuno Mp-60 irons All this stuff have been paid for already.

Thanks,

Claus"

My last desperate email to Paul was sent today:

"PAUL; WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO RESPOND TO THE NUMEROUS EMAILS I’VE SENT YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claus"

I'm sure if you show Paul that you allready paid for the hybrid. He will refund you the cost or credit you the cost.

Note. This message was sent to you and he wrote this to you sincerely.

I think by him giving you the Free Hybrid and apologizing it should make thisngs better again.

In my business I have forwarded a supplier thousands of dollars and it has been over 6 months and not seen anything.

If you belive someone to be honest and trustworthy......then sometime you have to understand that unforssen things happen and just trust and be patient.

Glad you are getting this finally resolved.

Good Luck with the new clubs I hope they are all that you hoped them to be!!!

Whatever the resolution, this wasted your time and caused unnecessary consternation. He owes you something huge. Granted, when I spoke with Paul, he seemed like a genuine guy. But nice doesn't cut it.

He needs to make it up more than he has. A free hybird? I wouldn't accept that.

Get all your money back, and give it to someone whose more responsible.

Whatever the resolution, this wasted your time and caused unnecessary consternation. He owes you something huge. Granted, when I spoke with Paul, he seemed like a genuine guy. But nice doesn't cut it.

He needs to make it up more than he has. A free hybird? I wouldn't accept that.

Get all your money back, and give it to someone whose more responsible.

Unfortunately I agree with you :rolleyes:

Paul - as I've mentioned several times - is a great guy. Very friendly and with a big heart. But in this case, he has blown it :cheesy: :bigwhack:

Still haven't heard anything from him yet......

I know this guy has a lot of loyal customers on here but I can't disagree with your thoughts mate. I hope the situation is sorted out in the best possible way, let us know your progress.

I guess my earlier post is a bit redundant now.

If Hipcheck or anybody else knows what more Claus can do to resolve this situation beforehand then i'm sure he'd appreciate your advice.

Thanks for your interest in and concern for my club situation with Paul :bigwhack:

I hope this will also be of help to other potential buyers here on WRX.

If we help each other sharing information, situations like this will hopefully be a rarity and not a norm.