Welcome Gear Trial Testers... Page 6 has names and faces for us to have as reference)

easyyy

Played today, Sanctuary Lake in Troy, 50 degrees to start played with a bunch of Carls golfland boys. Rained like hell after 9 holes.

Endured all the harsh weather to only take a nice spill in the parking lot after. All seems to be good.

heres a few photos for the out of towners of an exceptional warm day in the Detroit area. Lots of mud.

Was the ground still pretty frozen? I thought about trying to play yesterday, but I've done it before on days like that, and the ground is still too frozen to really get a tee in, and you have to bump and run all your approaches because if you land it on the green, it's going to bounce way over. Plus, if it's frozen just beneath the surface, it's rough on your joints. But maybe it had thawed more than I figured it might?

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I am so out of shape (swing shape), I has been terrible here the last few weeks and have not been able to hit a golf ball, so hopefully, after a good warm up, I can get some good swings in at the trials, thanks again GolfWRX and crew for this great opportunity, so exited for this weekend!!!!!, see you all soon...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Played today, Sanctuary Lake in Troy, 50 degrees to start played with a bunch of Carls golfland boys. Rained like hell after 9 holes.

Endured all the harsh weather to only take a nice spill in the parking lot after. All seems to be good.

heres a few photos for the out of towners of an exceptional warm day in the Detroit area. Lots of mud.

Was the ground still pretty frozen? I thought about trying to play yesterday, but I've done it before on days like that, and the ground is still too frozen to really get a tee in, and you have to bump and run all your approaches because if you land it on the green, it's going to bounce way over. Plus, if it's frozen just beneath the surface, it's rough on your joints. But maybe it had thawed more than I figured it might?

Frozen, but the place was packed, sore wrists, elbows today, 20 dollars with a cart for 18 holes

Getting closer!!!! Shipped my driver out 2-day priority yesterday - glad I allowed fur the extra couple days - SNoWNAMI is set to arrive here in SE Minnesota- 12+ inches between 8am and 4pm

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

Getting closer!!!! Shipped my driver out 2-day priority yesterday - glad I allowed fur the extra couple days - SNoWNAMI is set to arrive here in SE Minnesota- 12+ inches between 8am and 4pm

That sounds like a nice fall day for Minnesota!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Yeah we had 14" in Fredericksburg, VA last week, 22" at the Reagan Intl. Airport, I shipped my driver last week, it should be there today or tomorrow...

3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"

PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)

Everybody get the email with the details? This is going to be the most fun a golf geek can have on a Saturday in February!

Which group is everyone in? I'm Rich in group C. I'm afraid I'm going to be the short knocker of this group -- I swing around 110, and I'm guessing there's a few guys who really crank it in my group.

Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

I have not, maybe it is on it's way...I am about the same SS as you, so don't feel bad, we will suck together...lol

In Group B, Brian. If you are a short knocker at 110, I will be swinging the ladies flex stuff!

Dang.... I thought I was bringing it with my NEAR triple digit swing speed!!

Not on WRX lol !!

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

I'm Ian and I'm in group B. Definitely dress in layers because even though it's not that warm outside as long as the wind isn't in our face it should be comfortable in there once you take a few swings.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

In Group B, Brian. If you are a short knocker at 110, I will be swinging the ladies flex stuff!

Sorry, to clarify, I meant short knocker of group C -- I know Ian, and he swings withing a few mph of me, and is in group B, so I'm guessing I'm on the low end of the fast SS group.

Can anyone let us know the groups and any details?, I have not gotten the email as of yet...thank you

I am wearing a base layer, but it is not too thick, I will have a jacket as well, but I will not swing with it...

I am debating on wearing like a Nike Pro Combat base layer or if that will be overkill. Maybe just a polo and a sweater will work. Heck, I can just leave a bag in my truck full of everything!

I plan on wearing a base layer for sure. I thinking brining a variety of clothes to make sure you are comfortable is a good idea. I planning doing the same thing.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

I am debating on wearing like a Nike Pro Combat base layer or if that will be overkill. Maybe just a polo and a sweater will work. Heck, I can just leave a bag in my truck full of everything!

I went to Miles the weekend before last, and it was about 32 degrees, and I wore a mock turtleneck under a polo shirt with a pullover on top, and I was very comfortable. I'm not sure how the Pro Combat stuff compares to the UA Cold gear compression stuff, but I know I would be way too warm if I wore that. The wind is forecasted to be coming out of the West, which would mean that we'll be sheltered from it, so that shouldn't be a problem. If that changes and it blows from the East, then I'd be thinking about putting on some compression gear and the winter golf gloves.

Like they said, I'd err on the side of too many layers, and you can just take stuff off if you need to.

Here's the email I got. They might be sending a different one to the out-of-town guys with other details:

Friday (Dinner)

— Dinner: Friday night’s dinner will be at Buddy’s Pizza in Dearborn. Dinner starts at 7 p.m. and ends at approximately 9 p.m.

Saturday (Gear Trials and Dinner)

Getting to Miles of Golf: Please arrive at Miles of Golf no later than 8 a.m. Remember to bring your gamer driver, as well as a few clubs to use during your warm up.

— Dress: Golf attire is requested. The high on Saturday is 41 degrees. The low is 28 degrees. While Miles of Golf’s hitting bays will be heated, dress for the outside temperature. We highly recommend one more layer of clothing than you think you need.

— Breakfast: A light breakfast (coffee, muffins, donuts, bagels, fruit) will be available at Miles of Golf at 8 a.m.

— Gear Trials Testing: The firstthree testers will begin testing at 8:30 a.m. Testers will be broken up into three groups of five golfers by swing speed. Each tester will test three batches of nine driver heads (27 total), and will have 28 minutes to test each batch. Don’t worry… it will be enough time. Fitters will identify the best driver or drivers from each batch, and golfers will have an additional 28 minutes to find the best overall driver for them. We’re talking head, shaft, loft, weight setting, lie, face angle… everything. There will be three unbelievably smart and experienced fitters, and each group of five golfers will remain with the same fitter for the entirety of the day. The testing will end at 6 p.m., and testers are expected to remain on property throughout the entirety of the test. We will alert you when it’s getting close to your time to hit so that you have time to warm up for each of the four testing sessions. Since you’ll be hitting 100-200 balls during testing, we recommend that you make your warm-ups as efficient as possible.

Group A (with fitter Bryan Carpenter): Jeff Tomaszek, Bob Areddy, Stephen Gabbara, Stuart Gillespie, Ryan Barath

Group B (with fitter Nate Lammers): Ian Walker, Mike Greene, Matt Kusek, Lance Dahl, Brian Knudson

Group C (with Shawn Zawodni): Luis Carrion, Rich Nimphie, Chad Sullivan, Jim Wilson, Ryan Nelson

Lunch and beverages: Boxed lunches will be delivered to Miles of Golf at noon. While there is no official lunch break, there will be a lot of down time throughout the day that will allow you to recover from each testing session. Throughout the day, there will be coolers of H20, Gatorade, Coke and Diet Coke for you to drink.

Photos, Videos and Interviews: Members of the GolfWRX Staff will be observing your fittings, and asking you and your fitter questions throughout the day. We will also be capturing photos, videos and audio recordings (from interviews) that will help us create our Front Page Gear Trials article. When the final article is published, we will highlight the fitting experience of each of you in a individual story that will include your name, forum name, headshot, launch monitor data, gamer driver, and the top drivers for you as identified in the fitting process. We will also quote you in the article, and plan to publish some action photos as well as a swing video.

Dinner: Saturday night’s dinner will be at El Barzon at 8:30 p.m. We expect testing to finish at 6 p.m., and it’s approximately a 40-minute drive from Miles of Golf to the restaurant. Locals are welcome to visit GolfWRX Headquarters in the meantime (20 minutes from El Barzon), and are asked to provide their own transportation to El Barzon.

Important Addresses and Phone Numbers

— Buddy’s Pizza, 22148 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48124

— Miles of Golf, 3113 Carpenter Road, Ypsilanti, MI 48197

— GolfWRX HQ, 1100 Oakwood Blvd, Dearborn, MI 48124

— El Barzon, 3710 Junction St, Detroit, MI 48210

Aaron Martin (480) 442-3452, Andrew Tursky (908) 334-3263, Rob Miller (973) 727-1490, Zak Kozuchowski (804) 426-5108

Let me know if you have any questions.

Miles bays point East, therefore the wind typically isn't an issue... Making it feel warmer.

I have spend many hours on Trackman at Golfland, and it's easy to get pretty heated up.

My solution will be a light base layer, golf pants and shirt, and then a layer our two that is removable depending upon time of day and our rest periods.

And a hat... Cause I have no hair up there!

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Here's the email I got. They might be sending a different one to the out-of-town guys with other details:

Friday (Dinner)

— Dinner: Friday night’s dinner will be at Buddy’s Pizza in Dearborn. Dinner starts at 7 p.m. and ends at approximately 9 p.m.

Saturday (Gear Trials and Dinner)

Getting to Miles of Golf: Please arrive at Miles of Golf no later than 8 a.m. Remember to bring your gamer driver, as well as a few clubs to use during your warm up.

— Dress: Golf attire is requested. The high on Saturday is 41 degrees. The low is 28 degrees. While Miles of Golf’s hitting bays will be heated, dress for the outside temperature. We highly recommend one more layer of clothing than you think you need.

— Breakfast: A light breakfast (coffee, muffins, donuts, bagels, fruit) will be available at Miles of Golf at 8 a.m.

— Gear Trials Testing: The firstthree testers will begin testing at 8:30 a.m. Testers will be broken up into three groups of five golfers by swing speed. Each tester will test three batches of nine driver heads (27 total), and will have 28 minutes to test each batch. Don’t worry… it will be enough time. Fitters will identify the best driver or drivers from each batch, and golfers will have an additional 28 minutes to find the best overall driver for them. We’re talking head, shaft, loft, weight setting, lie, face angle… everything. There will be three unbelievably smart and experienced fitters, and each group of five golfers will remain with the same fitter for the entirety of the day. The testing will end at 6 p.m., and testers are expected to remain on property throughout the entirety of the test. We will alert you when it’s getting close to your time to hit so that you have time to warm up for each of the four testing sessions. Since you’ll be hitting 100-200 balls during testing, we recommend that you make your warm-ups as efficient as possible.

Group A (with fitter Bryan Carpenter): Jeff Tomaszek, Bob Areddy, Stephen Gabbara, Stuart Gillespie, Ryan Barath

Group B (with fitter Nate Lammers): Ian Walker, Mike Greene, Matt Kusek, Lance Dahl, Brian Knudson

Group C (with Shawn Zawodni): Luis Carrion, Rich Nimphie, Chad Sullivan, Jim Wilson, Ryan Nelson

Lunch and beverages: Boxed lunches will be delivered to Miles of Golf at noon. While there is no official lunch break, there will be a lot of down time throughout the day that will allow you to recover from each testing session. Throughout the day, there will be coolers of H20, Gatorade, Coke and Diet Coke for you to drink.

Photos, Videos and Interviews: Members of the GolfWRX Staff will be observing your fittings, and asking you and your fitter questions throughout the day. We will also be capturing photos, videos and audio recordings (from interviews) that will help us create our Front Page Gear Trials article. When the final article is published, we will highlight the fitting experience of each of you in a individual story that will include your name, forum name, headshot, launch monitor data, gamer driver, and the top drivers for you as identified in the fitting process. We will also quote you in the article, and plan to publish some action photos as well as a swing video.

Dinner: Saturday night’s dinner will be at El Barzon at 8:30 p.m. We expect testing to finish at 6 p.m., and it’s approximately a 40-minute drive from Miles of Golf to the restaurant. Locals are welcome to visit GolfWRX Headquarters in the meantime (20 minutes from El Barzon), and are asked to provide their own transportation to El Barzon.

Important Addresses and Phone Numbers

— Buddy’s Pizza, 22148 Michigan Ave, Dearborn, MI 48124

— Miles of Golf, 3113 Carpenter Road, Ypsilanti, MI 48197

— GolfWRX HQ, 1100 Oakwood Blvd, Dearborn, MI 48124

— El Barzon, 3710 Junction St, Detroit, MI 48210

Aaron Martin (480) 442-3452, Andrew Tursky (908) 334-3263, Rob Miller (973) 727-1490, Zak Kozuchowski (804) 426-5108

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rich, thank you, it looks like we are in the same group, see you there, take care...

Sorry, to clarify, I meant short knocker of group C -- I know Ian, and he swings withing a few mph of me, and is in group B, so I'm guessing I'm on the low end of the fast SS group.

Good call on that. I know Mike and Lance are really close to my SS in group B, so that makes sense. I get hot pretty easy and the cold doesn't bother me as much, so I will probably bring some extra clothing but just wear a polo and sweater to start. Going to be a great time, I can't wait.

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Steve Gabbara here.... Group A - AKA Short Knockers...

Can't wait!

Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Steve Gabbara here.... Group A - AKA Short Knockers...

Can't wait!

I am with you, short knockers for sure.

Short game is my saver.

Can't wait till Saturday, a bit overwhelmed sitting here at work reading the emails that were addressed to us.

We can have a chip-off during our down time! lol

Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

I am Chad in Group C. Very exciting to see everything coming together

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

Thanks for sharing some new info. Looking forward to it more and more!

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

I wonder if we'll be able to just wander around the shop when we're between hitting sessions. Miles of Golf may see an unexpected spike in sales from this group alone! With the amount of down time we have, if we're free to hang out in the shop, I'll probably try every single putter they have in there...