I hate simulators

Beatupfender

Last time I was in a indoor simulator I smashed a brand new driver head on the frame work. The sales guy didn't really care but I won't hit in those things anymore.

A seven iron is my 160 club. I swing so poorly in a simulator I can't hit it more then 135.

BTW...I have very long arms and the frame work is within reach of a driver club head. I've actually done it twice.

And I'm NOT talking about women faking it.

My buddy and I couldn't wait any longer and went to a bar to play a round on their simulator.

I just hate hitting into a screen. Driving is one thing, but irons and wedges are impossible to gauge.

And putting sucks!

Gaaaaak.

Like women it depends on which simulator you pick. The old ones that many bars have are awful. (I.e. Dave and Busters)

GC2, Trackman and from what I hear Skytrak is very good. The ability to practice in all weathers and have the data available really helps the learning curve.

Putting is a different animal which even with the GC2 it is a little quirky.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

I hate having a simulator in my garage. It really pisses me off.

Haha, me too.

Actually, being that I hit so many balls this winter that I'm on the verge of elbow surgery, my body does.

I hate simulators and most of all...I hate you. It was your stupid post that made me build one in my garage.

• Haha 1

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

Haha, me too.

Actually, being that I hit so many balls this winter that I'm on the verge of elbow surgery, my body does.

I hate simulators and most of all...I hate you. It was your stupid post that made me build one in my garage.

I'm in agreement! Dornstar's post put me over the edge. now I'm looking at elbow surgery and this simulator just stares at me saying hahahahaha don't you wish you could play

Bridgestone J33R speeder 652X
Titleist 910f 15 diamana kai'li s
Ping G30 5 wood S tour spec
Ping G30 7 wood S tour spec
Mizuno MP 37 s300 P-3
Wishon 575 mmc cavity P-4 Aerotech I95 moi'd
Callaway Mac Daddy 2 tg 54° 60°
Scotty Cameron black studio design I 2001 (stolen haven't found replacement)

Seriously though to the op. It takes a while to get used to swinging indoors. Took me almost a month to get used to it and get yardages up to normal. I don't know what it is but the phenomenon exists. I took my skytrak outside to check its accuracy and suddenly carry distances were back.

Mizuno MP 37 s300 P-3

Depends how confined the space is I guess. If you are ANYWHERE NEAR THE SCREEN when you are swinging, that's a bad sign. It's definitely nice to see the ball fight outdoors; nothing beats that. But when you can't swing outside, swinging indoors (with ample space) is a great alternative. I guess you just need to get used to it. Maybe I'm (somewhat) lucky that I have a PGA SS close and their bays are decently sized.

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

Haha, me too.

I'm in agreement! Dornstar's post put me over the edge. now I'm looking at elbow surgery and this simulator just stares at me saying hahahahaha don't you wish you could play

But did your game get better?

Mine did.

I also find it difficult to put a real swing on it when I'm inside. Just something about the confined space, and how dark it needs to be in order for the screen to project. Anybody else have these mental issues?

That's why indoor lessons in cubicles are almost useless for myself. I cannot release the tension I feel from the wall behind me.

Wilson Deep Red II Tour (9.0)
King Cobra SZ (15.5), G10 HY (18, 21, 24)
MP-32 5i - 9i, Vokey SM5 50, 54 (F), 58 (M)
Rife Aussie

I also have a mental block on simulators. My yardages are 10-15 yards off and I cannot hit 2 drivers in a row indoors. It's weird because about 3-4 years ago I could hit in a simulator with no problems but now I become a mental midget when I step in. I just can't execute my normal swing indoors. I figure that once I build mine I'll slowly become accustomed to it like others before me.

I also have a mental block on simulators. My yardages are 10-15 yards off and I cannot hit 2 drivers in a row indoors. It's weird because about 3-4 years ago I could hit in a simulator with no problems but now I become a mental midget when I step in. I just can't execute my normal swing indoors. I figure that once I build mine I'll slowly become accustomed to it like others before me.

It took me 3 weeks to get use to mine.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Haha, me too.

But did your game get better?

Mine did.

I think it would have but got hurt before putting practice to use on the course. The wedges will be the best part knowing/learning distances from 20-90 yards. I think it is a great device!

Mizuno MP 37 s300 P-3

I also find it difficult to put a real swing on it when I'm inside. Just something about the confined space, and how dark it needs to be in order for the screen to project. Anybody else have these mental issues?

the trick is to think about something else. maybe your grandma? this will help you get over your mental issues and help you reach your peak ;) haha

jokes aside, i have recently been to a golf simulator. limitations include; always having the same lie, dim lighting is off putting, and the putting detection is TERRIBLE

nothing beats the real deal (women included)

Absolutely. I think a lot of people have a hard time with it; I definitely do. I think a big problem is alignment...you might be "aimed" down the center of the fairway on the screen, but the device that actually takes the reading might be aligned differently. Alignment causes a host of swing faults...you don't just hit the same shot on a different line when you aren't aligned properly.

Personally, I have a MUCH harder time hitting driver indoors than irons. If I'm swinging well I can actually get a decent idea in an iron fitting indoors, but driver is worthless. I'm chronically too much inside out when playing or hitting on the range, but on the sim indoors my swing path switches to something like 4 degrees left. Makes no sense.

Definitely. Testing clubs in a golf shop--especially a new driver--is very difficult because of this. Between the claustrophobic feel of the hitting area, the salesperson hovering by and my fear of marking up a club or hosel-rocketing one and breaking something, I just can't get comfortable.

I do have a net and mat that I'll pop up in my garage from time to time, and it is a nice tool to use to work on hitting a few positions in my swing without really worrying about where the ball might be going.

Cobra King Speedzone 9* | Fujikura Atmos black shaft
Cobra King Speedzone Big Tour 3W 
Cobra King Tec 2Hy 
JPX 850 4i | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
Mizuno Pro 223 5i-PW | N.S. Pro 950GH S-flex
JPX 850 Forged GW | N.S. Pro 850GH S-flex
MP-T5 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 Custom

What messed me up the most, but then became a positive; you always have perfect alignment.

On course I'd become accustomed to setting up for a draw, thinking I was aligned straight. Once I actually aligned correctly in a simulator, it took some adjusting to be able to get my path and clubface control in line.

The mat you're hitting on also plays a big role. There are a couple mats somewhat worthy of hitting irons shots on, but most (affordable mats) are junk. As I've been warned by some learned folks, stick to drivers, fairways, and hybrids if you have to hit on a mat. And if you must hit an iron, tee it up low vs. hitting it off the deck. Also helps as a good drill if you, like me, struggle with release.

I think the reason people hate simulators so much is because they humble your ego and "anchoring theory" that you once hit a 175 yrd 7 iron and "average 290" off the tee and when you get on an accurate machine (gc2 or SkyTrak) and you find out your not hitting tour distances like you think you are...

Cobra LTD Pro Matrix Ozik 75M4 Black Tie Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 3W Fuji Speeder TS 8.3 Xflex
TaylorMade TP R15 20* Fuji Speeder 869 TS Xflex
Mizuno JPX-900 Tour 4-PW KBS CTaper Xflex
Mizuno T7 50,54,58 KBS CTaper Xflex
OdysseyWorks 38" 2 Ball Fang

I think the reason people hate simulators so much is because they humble your ego and "anchoring theory" that you once hit a 175 yrd 7 iron and "average 290" off the tee and when you get on an accurate machine (gc2 or SkyTrak) and you find out your not hitting tour distances like you think you are...

There's a lot of that I think. I personally find them very accurate to my actual distances.

I started playing in a league this winter (9 hole match play. 4 per team and two sims in use) and I didn't have much issue with full shots or chip/pitch shots. Putting is what got me. Last night was my 6th match and the first time I finally felt comfortable putting.

There are a few courses open here now but haven't been out yet as the temp is really cold still. Hopefully it's nice here Monday or Tuesday and I can get out. I'm hoping this will cut down on the rust when I play for real. For those that use the sims all winter, is it fair to say that you are in mid season shape pretty much right away?

Just finished putting the projector up. It needs to be realigned but it is awesome to have this. My practice sessions are so much more efficient now.