2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

Just bid on a back-up set of Miura CB's. I love mine so much and they're wearing out quickly, so I just bid on a set on Ebay. 5 minutes left. There's a little bidding war going on and I just put in my max and am going to sit back and watch. I'll probably lose 'em, but at least I drove the price up!

Edit: Actually won the auction! Can't believe it. Stoked to try these with the C Taper Lite in Stiff. Should be sublime.

So fired up about this purchase! Can't wait to swing these heads with different shafts.

I'm such a ho, now I have 1 four iron and 2 of everything else. Such a good deal IMO though. I have an average of 69 bucks a club in these and they were all like new.

Up to 5 sets of irons. Will have to thin the herd soon.

So fired up about this purchase! Can't wait to swing these heads with different shafts.

I'm such a ho, now I have 1 four iron and 2 of everything else. Such a good deal IMO though. I have an average of 69 bucks a club in these and they were all like new.

Up to 5 sets of irons. Will have to thin the herd soon.

Sweet purchase MJ, that combo will be the one! I'd love a set of Y-Grind LH Blades. Someday...... but to be honest I'm hard on golf clubs, Miuras with bag chatter? :ban: :)

Mine have bag chatter. Not worried about that, it's the browning. If this combo is all I hope, then Im going to reshaft the others and have a range set.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Hambone. The C Taper Lite in S gave me the best numbers with the AP2. This is a bit lower traj head, but I've been hitting a higher flight so Im stoked to see if this is the Keanu Reeves aka the One.

Gotta admit, I wish I could find a cast club that I could fall in love with... the durability is phenomenal.

BTW, I gotta get wedges soon, too. 1 year. 1 year and they look like trash. I'd love to get Miuras, but they're a little rich for my blood.

I have to get over my cavier tastes and ramen budget. Funny, I'm drawn to the Yururis because of the loft / bounce combos. Probably just get a set for Xmas and not worry about the price.

Yuri yuri's are some beautiful wedges! I'm actually thinking about getting a set of wedges myself, my entire bag is new except the wedges and the OCD tendencies I have are telling me those wedges gotta go. I was thinking about getting the Cally MD3 in black so I can strip the finish with vinegar making them raw.

C-Taper lites seem like great shafts, I actually considered ordering the C Taper 130's in my irons when I ordered them. But for some reason I figured I try the Nippons.

Can't wait to put some bag chatter on my 714 MB's!!

I also agree on cast clubs, I'm worried I'm gonna wear out my irons or put the lofts and lies outta whack quick from excessive practice and playing. Plus almost all the golf courses here are built on sand for drainage purposes. Especially the ranges, so I'll have to clean the club between every shot now or the sand will destroy the grooves. The set I played for like 5 years before ordering the Titleists were TM 2009 Tour Preferred irons, they felt nice, were durable, but I hit them to the moon and sometimes comically far. They look very MB-ish at address. Here are the irons (forgive me for posting pics of TM irons LOL)

Those MB's are awesome. If I had more club speed I'd consider them, but I'd have to use a lady's shaft to get them off the ground.

Can't wait to hear how you like them. Let's figure out the time difference and chat sometime soon. I had a minor surgery today, so Ill be home tomorrow. I think 5 pm here is 10 AM there. PM me if that works for you.

Those MB's are awesome. If I had more club speed I'd consider them, but I'd have to use a lady's shaft to get them off the ground.

Can't wait to hear how you like them. Let's figure out the time difference and chat sometime soon. I had a minor surgery today, so Ill be home tomorrow. I think 5 pm here is 10 AM there. PM me if that works for you.

Glad your procedure went well and I wish you a ultra speedy and full recovery!

Yeah the main reason I went MB was trajectory. Then, control, better feel, and of course looks at address.

Boys, I think that you are overly concerned about how quickly your forged irons/wedges are going to wear. I've got a set of Golden Ram Axial Tour Grinds here at home from the 1980's (and the corresponding RAM Tom Watson wedges) and those clubs are a long way from done! They can still tear up the cover of a urethane ball!.

Sure there are dings, but those are character marks. The sand will eventually have its way with the chrome finish on the soles, but that doesn't impact how they play. As for browning on the face, I don't really think that impacts play much either just more of an aesthetic issue, good or bad depending upon what it means to you.

Now, my specific examples are American forgings over 30 years old, so the experience with the current Chinese product might be different. I know that there's a difference in knives, but that has got to do with how good the steel is not the manufacturing process.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Boys, I think that you are overly concerned about how quickly your forged irons/wedges are going to wear. I've got a set of Golden Ram Axial Tour Grinds here at home from the 1980's (and the corresponding RAM Tom Watson wedges) and those clubs are a long way from done! They can still tear up the cover of a urethane ball!.

Sure there are dings, but those are character marks. The sand will eventually have its way with the chrome finish on the soles, but that doesn't impact how they play. As for browning on the face, I don't really think that impacts play much either just more of an aesthetic issue, good or bad depending upon what it means to you.

Now, my specific examples are American forgings over 30 years old, so the experience with the current Chinese product might be different. I know that there's a difference in knives, but that has got to do with how good the steel is not the manufacturing process.

We'll have to see how they hold up, I'm definitely not worried about bag chatter ( I agree, character!), groove wear at our sandy ranges a little more worried. Lie and loft however could be an issue. I'll have to find a way to get checked every 3 months or so. FWIW I'll be practicing and playing 6 days a week LOL Should be a good experiment in how long irons last haha

We'll have to see how they hold up, I'm definitely not worried about bag chatter ( I agree, character!), groove wear at our sandy ranges a little more worried. Lie and loft however could be an issue. I'll have to find a way to get checked every 3 months or so. FWIW I'll be practicing and playing 6 days a week LOL Should be a good experiment in how long irons last haha

If it's any consolation, there is a discussion going on over in the Classics forum about Bernhard Langer's bag at the time of his Master's win in 93. He was playing a set of Staff irons at the time and they had been in his bag for several years. If a set of forged irons could withstand the rigors of a PGA Tour pro for several years then I don't really see even a current set of forged blades wearing out very quickly for an amateur.

I think that we lose sight of the fact that pros change clubs annually now based on endorsement requirements rather than the clubs being worn out. It doesn't help when you have guys on TV suggesting that wedges need to be replaced every 3 months to ensure fresh grooves. Comments like that are just ridiculous; you're hitting golf balls not splitting rocks!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

If it's any consolation, there is a discussion going on over in the Classics forum about Berhard Langer's bag at the time of his Master's win in 93. He was playing a set of Staff irons at the time and they had been in his bag for several years. If a set of forged irons could withstand the rigors of a PGA Tour pro for several years than I don't really see even a current set of forged blades will wear out very quickly for an amateur.

I think that we lose sight of the fact that pros change clubs annually now based on endorsement requirements rather than the clubs being worn out. It doesn't help when you have guys on TV suggesting that wedges need to be replaced every 3 months to ensure fresh grooves. Comments like that are just ridiculous; you're hitting golf balls not splitting rocks!

Good stuff scomac. I completely agree that you can get a set of forged clubs to last a very long time. I have had my mp60s and mp67s and mp-R wedges for 9-10 years now and there is still plenty of life in all of them. But that said, being a Miura owner now has changed me. I really hope to still be playing my baby blades twenty years from now and so having a backup set gives me that much more reassurance.

Also I would argue that the new plastic and multimaterial clubheads are going to be more susceptible to wear and tear than a clubhead made from a single block of steel. All other things equal, steel can withstand fatigue from repetitive temporary deformation much, much better than plastic. If you keep deforming hard plastic over and over again, it is going to weaken right where the forces of deformation are the greatest. And so that plastic that backs the sweetspot in these newer multimaterial iron designs is going to eventually wear out. It still may be a very long time before it does, but for sure it won't be longer than steel lasts.

You mentioned classic forged clubs still playable today. I really wonder, if in 2036, there are going to be WRXers posting about how they still game their AP2s or RSIs because they have just held up so well over the years.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Also I would argue that the new plastic and multimaterial clubheads are going to be more susceptible to wear and tear than a clubhead made from a single block of steel. All other things equal, steel can withstand fatigue from repetitive temporary deformation much, much better than plastic. If you keep deforming hard plastic over and over again, it is going to weaken right where the forces of deformation are the greatest. And so that plastic that backs the sweetspot in these newer multimaterial iron designs is going to eventually wear out. It still may be a very long time before it does, but for sure it won't be longer than steel lasts.

You mentioned classic forged clubs still playable today. I really wonder, if in 2036, there are going to be WRXers posting about how they still game their AP2s or RSIs because they have just held up so well over the years.

There's no doubt in my mind that the clubs of today aren't going to last like the clubs of yesteryear. Current clubs are designed to wear out in order to create renewed demand. That's the cornerstone of modern marketing. I can still hit a drive 260 yards with a 1995 Callaway Big Bertha War bird driver whereas the 2010 version of such a club, the Diablo Octane, cracked after three years of use. The twenty year old club was built like a Sherman tank. The newer multi material club is built to wear out. That's the second modern wood that I've cracked the head of and I don't have a high swing speed. It's no different than washing machines. We had a 30 year old Kenmore top loader before it quit. The replacement Kenmore front loader was done within 5 years!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Did I mention to you guys that I ordered a 2-pack of those new Costco golf balls. I'm such a sucker for anything new and cheap.

Good ball at a great price. They feel a little more firm to me than the ProV. More like a V1x. Word is they are out of stock already and the free shipping deal is done. I'm guessing they will get production back up soon. I still like the MG c-4 as well as anything. Nice soft feel and good check around the green.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

There's no doubt in my mind that the clubs of today aren't going to last like the clubs of yesteryear. Current clubs are designed to wear out in order to create renewed demand. That's the cornerstone of modern marketing. I can still hit a drive 260 yards with a 1995 Callaway Big Bertha War bird driver whereas the 2010 version of such a club, the Diablo Octane, cracked after three years of use. The twenty year old club was built like a Sherman tank. The newer multi material club is built to wear out. That's the second modern wood that I've cracked the head of and I don't have a high swing speed. It's no different than washing machines. We had a 30 year old Kenmore top loader before it quit. The replacement Kenmore front loader was done within 5 years!

Amen to all of that. I would say that the downturn in club longevity started with the introduction of plastic and composite materials in any type of head. I have R5 dual driver and woods which have all titanium heads and they are just as good today as they were 10 years ago. I am hitting the driver as far as my buddy who uses an M2. Before that he had an SLDR driver which had a plastic rattling noise inside of it for years. When TaylorMade dropped the height of their wood face with the first Burner, I knew it was a sign of the times to start cutting back on costs. Then later generations of their woods had less overall titanium and more composite materials. A similar trend is happening with forgiving irons. More plastic, less metal.

The only major issue I have with all of this is that it is all being done under the guise of "technology" or "innovation". I call B.S. The club gets made lighter, longer, and/or more JACKED lofted. That is "technology" in a nutshell and that is how more modern clubs hit the ball farther and/or higher than older generation clubs. The B.S. is all the marketed "science" beyond this.

Registered Bladeocrat

I wear a set of wedges out every year, but I hit a lot of balls. I think most pros switch wedges at 3 to 6 months. I've never really worn a set of irons out but I wear contact patches onto the faces. The 7 iron is the only bad one at the moment because the first owner hit that one at the range. I won't practice with it :)

I'm going to try a groove tool on the wedges. But the grooves are definitely worn and the sole rusts because the chrome is worn off.

I wear a set of wedges out every year, but I hit a lot of balls. I think most pros switch wedges at 3 to 6 months. I've never really worn a set of irons out but I wear contact patches onto the faces. The 7 iron is the only bad one at the moment because the first owner hit that one at the range. I won't practice with it :)

I'm going to try a groove tool on the wedges. But the grooves are definitely worn and the sole rusts because the chrome is worn off.

Keep in mind that the amount of chrome or PVD or whatever finish that is being applied isn't nearly as thick as it once was. It's all about reducing costs from the manufacturers' point-of-view. I have a TM R7 425 that doesn't have a mark on the crown and I've skyed my fair share of balls over the years. I don't even keep the cover on it when I'm playing. There might be a chip or two around the perimeter from bag chatter, but otherwise the paint is still excellent. Contrast that with the Diablo Octane I mentioned above and it had a slew of chips along the leading edge of the crown after just one season of play! Same operator, just a difference in materials. That's why I never got excited about the PVD finished clubs. They would look like hell in a matter of months as the black finish had zero durability.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

How quickly a month flies by. Left for San Diego on 9/27, spent 10 days in Hawaii, more time in SD with a trip up to Monte and returned on 10/27.

Fall will not come to East Tennessee this year - been 80s (85 yesterday) since return - have had less than 5 inches of rain since August - going to cool down

to the 70s end of week. Perfect golf weather - dewpoints in the 40s. Actually caught a cold in Hawaii and just getting over it upon return to SD - when saw Monte didn't realize how much the travel and cold hit me - we got in a good session - I had started to over do forward bend so a little setup change - and then worked on right shoulder to the ball - was going to do 3D and got the gear on but then my body just didn't want to go any more and his laptop died so it was a no go in anyway.

Haven't played again but left when it was in the 90s and had just shot an easy 36 for 9 after shooting a 77 the day before. Now on the range I hit shanks (Monte predicted) the first session and have yet to really go to the top - lots of shorts swings - shanks have disappeared - drill i use is to take it back to say p2.5, stop, flatten the shaft, then swing from there (really just swing from that position) - only do it a half dozen times. lots of dribbles off to the right but have finally started to hit it straight and get some in the air - you really have to turn the corner with the club and get your elbow into your side or you have no chance. a good vertical wrist set is a must and I could easily play now with this swing just to parallel - I'm hitting it pretty close to what I used to do with my full swing on a better trajectory and with nice crisp contact.

Surprisingly my feel for short game and putting hasn't left me over the month - at least in practice.

So 50 States bucket list checked off. Now my wife wants to consider National Parks. Been to 13 of the 58 and have been past or close to another 5 or 6 - think we'll hit Arches, Canyonlands, and Zion - some I didn't even realize like Congaree which is just south of Columbia, SC - we could easily visit on one of our trips to our place in Charleston - or Shenandoah which is close by and we drive by our visits to the Burgh (and Cuyahoga Valley outside Cleveland) and Mammoth Cave in Kentucky - others just won't happen like American Somoa! Hey any reason to travel.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

How quickly a month flies by. Left for San Diego on 9/27, spent 10 days in Hawaii, more time in SD with a trip up to Monte and returned on 10/27.

Fall will not come to East Tennessee this year - been 80s (85 yesterday) since return - have had less than 5 inches of rain since August - going to cool down

to the 70s end of week. Perfect golf weather - dewpoints in the 40s. Actually caught a cold in Hawaii and just getting over it upon return to SD - when saw Monte didn't realize how much the travel and cold hit me - we got in a good session - I had started to over do forward bend so a little setup change - and then worked on right shoulder to the ball - was going to do 3D and got the gear on but then my body just didn't want to go any more and his laptop died so it was a no go in anyway.

Haven't played again but left when it was in the 90s and had just shot an easy 36 for 9 after shooting a 77 the day before. Now on the range I hit shanks (Monte predicted) the first session and have yet to really go to the top - lots of shorts swings - shanks have disappeared - drill i use is to take it back to say p2.5, stop, flatten the shaft, then swing from there (really just swing from that position) - only do it a half dozen times. lots of dribbles off to the right but have finally started to hit it straight and get some in the air - you really have to turn the corner with the club and get your elbow into your side or you have no chance. a good vertical wrist set is a must and I could easily play now with this swing just to parallel - I'm hitting it pretty close to what I used to do with my full swing on a better trajectory and with nice crisp contact.

Surprisingly my feel for short game and putting hasn't left me over the month - at least in practice.

So 50 States bucket list checked off. Now my wife wants to consider National Parks. Been to 13 of the 58 and have been past or close to another 5 or 6 - think we'll hit Arches, Canyonlands, and Zion - some I didn't even realize like Congaree which is just south of Columbia, SC - we could easily visit on one of our trips to our place in Charleston - or Shenandoah which is close by and we drive by our visits to the Burgh (and Cuyahoga Valley outside Cleveland) and Mammoth Cave in Kentucky - others just won't happen like American Somoa! Hey any reason to travel.

That is awesome about visiting every state! I sure do want to do that in my life time. National Parks would be a good one as well. Just not sure which ones I have been to haha. I lived very close to a few in VA and probably spent some time in those without even thinking about it. Just hiking and camping around growing up. Went to Sequoya out in CA one time. A lot of fun and amazing to see those huge trees.

Forever Changing at this point.......

scomac I think you're making some assumptions.... I don't know anything about PVD because I've never owned anything with that finish, but I don't know that Mizuno or Miura are using any less chrome than in years past. I remember as a teenager Mizuno would take Faldo's irons back after he wanted a new set. I lived nearby the facility and worked at a local golf course and you would see sets around town. You can still play them with the chrome worn off the face, but I think eventually they cup and the grooves definitely lose their bite.

Rather than buy anymore irons I've considered sending them back to be rechromed, but it's not cheap considering tearing them apart, etc.

I guess the biggest problem I have is not wanting to clean the rust off of them and they just get more difficult to clean in general. If I weren't so lazy and a little under the weather I'd go get some pictures for you. I wear clubs out. Good old fashioned steel clubs with chrome finish.

glk, welcome back!

I've really enjoyed getting out and seeing a lot of the world, this country, the parks, etc. - but never made too many lists. How was Ha'wa'ii? Did you play any golf?

Curious how seeing Monte in person would be. I would like to go down there some day. Need to send him a video soon, but I know what I need to do, just need the weather to do it in :)

I'd love to play Torrey. Maybe hit the Coachella Valley and Vegas all in one trip. My wife wants to go down to Joshua Tree for spring break this year, but I don't think she realizes that it's a 13 hour drive. I guess I could get the old VW camper van tuned up and we could go around the back side of the Sierra. Always funny to pull up to a decent clubhouse in an 1985 VW Westy with my rottweiller in the back. I always request that we stay in a motel the night before I play so at least I don't smell like a campfire :)

scomac I think you're making some assumptions.... I don't know anything about PVD because I've never owned anything with that finish, but I don't know that Mizuno or Miura are using any less chrome than in years past. I remember as a teenager Mizuno would take Faldo's irons back after he wanted a new set. I lived nearby the facility and worked at a local golf course and you would see sets around town. You can still play them with the chrome worn off the face, but I think eventually they cup and the grooves definitely lose their bite.

All I can speak to is my own experiences with clubs that I have owned and used, no assumptions are required. There's no question in my mind that there has been a decline in materials and workmanship from what I have seen as I talked about above. YMMV

At my skill level and frequency of play a face with chrome worn off is not having an impact on my game. I once played a Cleveland wedge while on vacation in the Dominican Republic. There wasn't a stitch of chrome left on it, the entire face was brown. I could still get that club to check up pretty well and actually had a good round considering I hadn't picked up a club in 4 months. YMMV

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Rather than buy anymore irons I've considered sending them back to be rechromed, but it's not cheap considering tearing them apart, etc.

I guess the biggest problem I have is not wanting to clean the rust off of them and they just get more difficult to clean in general. If I weren't so lazy and a little under the weather I'd go get some pictures for you. I wear clubs out. Good old fashioned steel clubs with chrome finish.

glk, welcome back!

I've really enjoyed getting out and seeing a lot of the world, this country, the parks, etc. - but never made too many lists. How was Ha'wa'ii? Did you play any golf?

Curious how seeing Monte in person would be. I would like to go down there some day. Need to send him a video soon, but I know what I need to do, just need the weather to do it in :)

I'd love to play Torrey. Maybe hit the Coachella Valley and Vegas all in one trip. My wife wants to go down to Joshua Tree for spring break this year, but I don't think she realizes that it's a 13 hour drive. I guess I could get the old VW camper van tuned up and we could go around the back side of the Sierra. Always funny to pull up to a decent clubhouse in an 1985 VW Westy with my rottweiller in the back. I always request that we stay in a motel the night before I play so at least I don't smell like a campfire :)

We had a great time in Hawaii. Ate lots of fish tacos, fish sammiches, fish&chips, and found a really good noodle place - Star Noodle - so our go to was Paia Fish Market which was 2 blocks from our condo in Lahaina and then a 2 mile drive to Star Noodle - did Maui Brewing too up near Kapalua. No golf. Snorkeled multiple times, hiked Haleakala and biked it too, did the luau thing just cause it's Hawaii, toured the island on our own, took a day trip to Oahu for Pearl Harbor, etc , spent a bit of time on Larry Ellison's island of Lanai - yes he bought a Hawaiian Island for $800M and has spent something like $250M fixing up the place - 2 resorts - the one he has fixed so far the cheapest room goes for $900/night - Gates was married on the 12th hole of the golf course. We were at the south end of the town of Lahaina and in the town center which was 2 blocks from us is the coolest tree I've ever seen - a Banyon tree planted in the 1870s - it's a half acre is size - the central tree limbs shoot out and go into the ground to develop yet another part of the tree - must be great for Halloween. Very cool - we'd eat at Paia fish market right across form it and right at dusk hundreds of birds perform until dark. Hiking the volcano is cool too - easy going down - tough going back up - we did the shifting sands trail - pretty easy looking until you get down a mile or so and look back - really steep and then at 10K feet ain't much air - some guy rain past us on the way up!!!!

We came back thru the Grand Canyon - had been there once when the kids were teenagers - gorgeous weather so we hiked a good part of the south rim but no bright angel trail. Spent a day in Santa Fe too.

Last year we did Sedona, Monument valley, and the train out of Durango. We've camped in the Redwoods, been to Yellowstone, Glacier Bay in Alaska, the Smokies, Crater Lake, Great Sand Dunes, Badlands, Teddy R, Craters of the Moon - though only a Monument not a national park, Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Smokies, Mount Rushmore, Devil's Tower- just off the top of my head - and been by a lot of others but didn't stop - like Petrified in Arizona - haven't even stopped for the meteor crater outside of Winslow and we've been by that a half dozen times at least.

We road trip cause frankly starting in the early 80s I started to avoid flying - this is the first time I've flown since me and my buddies West Coast baseball idiots tour in 1986. Yes and one point I had been to all but Atlanta, KC, and Houston and Texas as far a major league parks goes. An idea concocted over too many Old Styles in the bleachers at Wrigley back in 1984.

It's my 4th time with Monte - twice at Oak Creek and 2 clinics. Since we moved last year I really didn't have much time to practice from the earlier lessons - but this year I have and I did see a 10/15 yard distance improvement plus better accuracy - scores have mainly been in the upper 70s with some low 80s - think my highest was an 86 on a 95 degree day when I rain out of gas on the 16th hole and bunted it home for the last 3 holes. This latest change with right shoulder down is taking some work - always thought I was a picker - nope not really - just too little right side bend on the downswing - today was really good progress - I started to hit solid 80 yard shots with the drill - I'm just hitting a 9i with somewhere between p2.5 and p3 - pretty much flying it 130 - nice driving trajectory - had a fella range rat scope the flag I was hitting at. I'm not expecting great distance gains, maybe a little, but as I get more comfortable I can see really big improvements in accuracy and distance consistency - and better ball control in the wind.

It's worth seeing Monte in person just cause it'll make video lessons more productive later. I'm going to do videos but might see him again next fall in LA or maybe another clinic assuming he's not playing the Senior Tour.

Here's the Banyon tree or at least the centrail part plus a bit more - yes that is one tree!:

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

The Costco balls arrived in the mail today! They look like golf balls.

Don't know when I'll be recovered enough to play, but I will post a full review (okay, maybe just my impressions) when I can.

scomac, guess I'm lucky that my clubs seem to be as durable as other chromed clubs I've owned in the past. I did notice that the Vokey wedge I bought last Xmas seemed to wear out quickly considering it is cast. The life of a club that is played out of the sand is a tough life though.

I think I'll run my PING ZING 2's down to local golf store this week and put them up for sale. Seems over the top to have 5 sets.

glk, sounds like some nice trips! I haven't been to Hawaii, but having lived in both New Zealand and Costa Rica I always feel like I can imagine it in my mind. It's a very popular vacation spot here in Oregon and I'm sure I'll get a chance to go sometime soon! Nice photo. Makes me look forward to it!

Being sick on the couch and posting in a million topics I actually just got TOOL'eD for the first time since the great Confessions schism.

LMAO The Great Confessions Schism. That was an entertaining time. LOL I confess it was a learning opportunity for me to know who I can trust on WRX.

Registered Bladeocrat

I confess I'm too cheap to even buy the Costco KS ball. But I can't wait to find them.

Registered Bladeocrat

I confess I'm too cheap to even buy the Costco KS ball. But I can't wait to find them.

:D Haha, nothing like finding a "one and done" nice one!

I don't remember the last time I actually bought a golf ball. It may have been over five years ago now. I am such a ball hawk at my club that I have at least a 10 dozen stock of proV1s and V1Xs - all found and in good condition. And this doesn't count my shag bag full of older V1s. I find more 3+ piece balls than I can lose.

I won't buy balls and tees but I will buy clubs and green fees. (Logic need not apply.)

Registered Bladeocrat