Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > Phew, long night last night with DW. She came home at 3:30 with a chest pain, and we went to the ER. Got checked, they were so busy they first did an XX-ray, EKG, and some preliminary work and we had to stay in the waiting area. They finally had a room for her at 6:00 PM. Got her back for a CT scan, hooked her up to all the typical things, did blood work every hour. By the time we got out at 12:00, yes that's 12:00, they determined she probably had pulled a muscle near her heart on the left side. She's a trooper though, she went to work this morning anyway (have I mentioned I love her?)

> >

> > So glad your lovely bride is OK Sixty. My guess is by the time you left, you two had nurses and staff smiling.

> Well, it's funny you would say that, we did... we moved here in '89 and she got into the pre-school teaching business back then. She Also went through breast cancer in '95, and then took up her running etc and works at the Y. We have met so many people since '89. So we arrived, and the check in lady knows us and says 'which one of you needs checked in?' and she says 'me' so she checks in, and we sat down. A nurse comes by from the blood lab that she runs with and says 'Terri, which one of you?' and she says 'me' so they talk and the lady says 'wow, expect delays, we are superbusy tonight-good luck' so she has to leave. To make a long story short, the nurse that checked her into the ER cubby room that you get used to teach pre-school with her while she was going to nursing school at night. When it came time for her CT scan the guy that did the scan was our youngest daughter's first crush around 1990, a wonderful young guy, and at the end of the night the checkout girl was related to a teacher DW works with. She told us that the nice Indian lady doctor we had all night was our dentist's wife. The lady who did blood and IV's came in and told her that she was very nice and didn't complain even though they had such a hard time finding veins (typical for a former chemo patient) She was the aunt of a kid my DW teaches.

> We all had fun and laughed all night, especially after good results of stuff came trickling in, it was the only way to survive the whole thing. Ok, well fun, we were en-captured by the ambiance of the ER, make the best of any situation...

>

>

>

Kinda like me here at the beach. I know all kinds of people from either golf or the trucking world. Found out today one of my fellow drivers ( at another company) that I have known since I have been at the beach his wife works for the same grocery store chain but different stores as my wife does and they know each other.

• Like 2

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

> @tolmij said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > > Phew, long night last night with DW. She came home at 3:30 with a chest pain, and we went to the ER. Got checked, they were so busy they first did an XX-ray, EKG, and some preliminary work and we had to stay in the waiting area. They finally had a room for her at 6:00 PM. Got her back for a CT scan, hooked her up to all the typical things, did blood work every hour. By the time we got out at 12:00, yes that's 12:00, they determined she probably had pulled a muscle near her heart on the left side. She's a trooper though, she went to work this morning anyway (have I mentioned I love her?)

> > >

> > > So glad your lovely bride is OK Sixty. My guess is by the time you left, you two had nurses and staff smiling.

> > Well, it's funny you would say that, we did... we moved here in '89 and she got into the pre-school teaching business back then. She Also went through breast cancer in '95, and then took up her running etc and works at the Y. We have met so many people since '89. So we arrived, and the check in lady knows us and says 'which one of you needs checked in?' and she says 'me' so she checks in, and we sat down. A nurse comes by from the blood lab that she runs with and says 'Terri, which one of you?' and she says 'me' so they talk and the lady says 'wow, expect delays, we are superbusy tonight-good luck' so she has to leave. To make a long story short, the nurse that checked her into the ER cubby room that you get used to teach pre-school with her while she was going to nursing school at night. When it came time for her CT scan the guy that did the scan was our youngest daughter's first crush around 1990, a wonderful young guy, and at the end of the night the checkout girl was related to a teacher DW works with. She told us that the nice Indian lady doctor we had all night was our dentist's wife. The lady who did blood and IV's came in and told her that she was very nice and didn't complain even though they had such a hard time finding veins (typical for a former chemo patient) She was the aunt of a kid my DW teaches.

> > We all had fun and laughed all night, especially after good results of stuff came trickling in, it was the only way to survive the whole thing. Ok, well fun, we were en-captured by the ambiance of the ER, make the best of any situation...

> >

> >

> >

>

> Sounds as if you have your very own ER team, satisfying being able to relate to those caring for you, similar to yourself, I always try to engage people in conversation, makes the day go sweeter. DW always knows where I am when we are out, she looks for the group chatting away, have some excellent conversation with fellow shoppers when waiting in the check out line.

We live in a pretty convenient spot for all of this, our family doctor's parking lot backs up the golf course just a block away, then across the street from him starts the hospital parking lot. Much room ahead for future distress with help so close by :)

• Like 2

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > Just to rub it in a smidge,I will be on the first tee( #10) in about 20 minutes. Have a good day guys !

> > It is 55,no wind,sunshine and i'll shoot around 45 a side and still love it !

>

> Hope you had a great time Bill. Did you take any pics?

>

>

i'll post some of the course later...the following are from today4p9cht58au86.jpg

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > Anybody else get out today? It was beautiful. Mom had a par 4 so she is on cloud 9 tonight !

> > I had a 43/45 very good for me !

> You were just about spot on with your 45 prediction. We would play the same then.

>

lol thats one of my good days !

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

@billh17. Congrats on the fine round. Props to Mrs. B as well for her par 4. Enjoy playing golf with the Mrs. periodically as well. As long as I keep my mouth zippered and concern myself with playing my ball (only).

No, didn't make it out today. But certainly nice enough weather to do so. Haven't been able to coordinate free time with acceptable weather yet. Drove by one of the courses I play and saw people out. Looked like it was walking only at this stage. Long-range planning based on the forecast, targeting next Wednesday (sunny, 56*) as a possible first play date. Ready.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

> @billh17 said:

> the deer pic was from last year...the turkeys are from today ,i think. my better half was taking pics of the flock we saw today...but we see them every year ,so i have no certainty that they are from today !

We have a bunch of turkeys around here too. We saw a bunch on Sunday out in a field near Granville, out in a field off Rt.161, a freeway pretty much. A big old tom had his umbrella wide open, strutting around...

• Like 2

A recipe from Mrs. Reason. It's only crockpot meatballs and YES one ingredient is indeed grape jelly. Gives it a little added zing. Super easy to whip up. Good when it's cooked up and even better when reheated later. Poke'm with a toothpick and gobble' m up.

1 bag of frozen Italian meatballs (unless you're into making your own)

1 medium jar grape jelly

1 bottle chili sauce

Mix ingredients in crockpot and cook on low 8 hours. Serve with sauce. Pull my finger.

• Like 2

> @billh17 said:

> Anybody else get out today? It was beautiful. Mom had a par 4 so she is on cloud 9 tonight !

> I had a 43/45 very good for me !

Well done, Sir., Only a quick range bucket here today. Kinda glad and kinda sad I didn't play - depending on what part of that bucket I was in. Lol. Hoping to get 18 in next week.

• Like 2

> @billh17 said:

> the deer pic was from last year...the turkeys are from today ,i think. my better half was taking pics of the flock we saw today...but we see them every year ,so i have no certainty that they are from today !

The wildlife is one of the main reasons we like where we live, some problems, the scrub turkeys love to dig so we have to fill in some holes, as long as they do not nest in the garden, there nests can be 8/10 ft diameter and three ft high, they regulate the temperature for the eggs by adding and removing leaves and twigs. Other than that the others only walk-on through on their way to the Forrest at the back.

Good work on your game, congrats to the lady, if you are anything like myself bogey and double bogey golf is the norm.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @tolmij said:

> Has anyone noticed, the Grille traffic has increased with the new software, it’s as if the two days without gave us a jolt.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Won't you be my neighbor???

Grillesters holding top 8 all-time points.

Can you say "pinned thread"???

• Like 2

@tolmij

yep...i play a totally different game than what i played ten years ago. I play for the enjoyment of

being able to play. Score really doesn't matter but my challenge is to hit as god a shot as i can

each time. If it is ,thats good; if not,on to the next !

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @Reasonability said:

> A recipe from Mrs. Reason. It's only crockpot meatballs and YES one ingredient is indeed grape jelly. Gives it a little added zing. Super easy to whip up. Good when it's cooked up and even better when reheated later. Poke'm with a toothpick and gobble' m up.

>

> 1 bag of frozen Italian meatballs (unless you're into making your own)

> 1 medium jar grape jelly

> 1 bottle chili sauce

>

> Mix ingredients in crockpot and cook on low 8 hours. Serve with sauce. Pull my finger.

>

>

Wow, that is so funny..........I got that meatball recipe from a gal friend at work 40 years ago! LOL

Here's how she gave the recipe

Make your own 1 inch meatballs with ground beef, eggs and Italian bread crumbs....cook in a skillet

Pour the cooked meatballs into a crock pot and add grape jelly and chili sauce and cook on low for

2-3 hours. Quantities of all this are dependent on how much you want to make and how you want

it to taste. Do your own thing.

Another recipe I got from "work" for crock pot beans (large crock pot) called "Fernande's Beans",

Fernande being the owners wife..........really simple.

Dump 6 cans of various beans into a crock pot......you choose which ones but mix 'em up to get

a variety and some color variation. Cut up 2 pounds of raw bacon into small pieces and toss it

in the pot with the beans. Toss about 3 heaping tablespoons of black pepper into the pot and

stir it all up. Cook for 1-2 hours. Comes out tasty and spicy!

> @Conrad1953 said:

> > @Reasonability said:

> > A recipe from Mrs. Reason. It's only crockpot meatballs and YES one ingredient is indeed grape jelly. Gives it a little added zing. Super easy to whip up. Good when it's cooked up and even better when reheated later. Poke'm with a toothpick and gobble' m up.

> >

> > 1 bag of frozen Italian meatballs (unless you're into making your own)

> > 1 medium jar grape jelly

> > 1 bottle chili sauce

> >

> > Mix ingredients in crockpot and cook on low 8 hours. Serve with sauce. Pull my finger.

> >

> >

>

> Wow, that is so funny..........I got that meatball recipe from a gal friend at work 40 years ago! LOL

>

> Here's how she gave the recipe

>

> Make your own 1 inch meatballs with ground beef, eggs and Italian bread crumbs....cook in a skillet

> Pour the cooked meatballs into a crock pot and add grape jelly and chili sauce and cook on low for

> 2-3 hours. Quantities of all this are dependent on how much you want to make and how you want

> it to taste. Do your own thing.

>

> Another recipe I got from "work" for crock pot beans (large crock pot) called "Fernande's Beans",

> Fernande being the owners wife..........really simple.

>

> Dump 6 cans of various beans into a crock pot......you choose which ones but mix 'em up to get

> a variety and some color variation. Cut up 2 pounds of raw bacon into small pieces and toss it

> in the pot with the beans. Toss about 3 heaping tablespoons of black pepper into the pot and

> stir it all up. Cook for 1-2 hours. Comes out tasty and spicy!

I take it back. Pull Rad's finger. ? Bean power!!! ️??

> @Reasonability said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @Reasonability said:

> > > A recipe from Mrs. Reason. It's only crockpot meatballs and YES one ingredient is indeed grape jelly. Gives it a little added zing. Super easy to whip up. Good when it's cooked up and even better when reheated later. Poke'm with a toothpick and gobble' m up.

> > >

> > > 1 bag of frozen Italian meatballs (unless you're into making your own)

> > > 1 medium jar grape jelly

> > > 1 bottle chili sauce

> > >

> > > Mix ingredients in crockpot and cook on low 8 hours. Serve with sauce. Pull my finger.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Wow, that is so funny..........I got that meatball recipe from a gal friend at work 40 years ago! LOL

> >

> > Here's how she gave the recipe

> >

> > Make your own 1 inch meatballs with ground beef, eggs and Italian bread crumbs....cook in a skillet

> > Pour the cooked meatballs into a crock pot and add grape jelly and chili sauce and cook on low for

> > 2-3 hours. Quantities of all this are dependent on how much you want to make and how you want

> > it to taste. Do your own thing.

> >

> > Another recipe I got from "work" for crock pot beans (large crock pot) called "Fernande's Beans",

> > Fernande being the owners wife..........really simple.

> >

> > Dump 6 cans of various beans into a crock pot......you choose which ones but mix 'em up to get

> > a variety and some color variation. Cut up 2 pounds of raw bacon into small pieces and toss it

> > in the pot with the beans. Toss about 3 heaping tablespoons of black pepper into the pot and

> > stir it all up. Cook for 1-2 hours. Comes out tasty and spicy!

>

> I take it back. Pull Rad's finger. ? Bean power!!! ️??

>

Here's some bean power

• Like 1

> @Reasonability said:

> > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > @Reasonability said:

> > > A recipe from Mrs. Reason. It's only crockpot meatballs and YES one ingredient is indeed grape jelly. Gives it a little added zing. Super easy to whip up. Good when it's cooked up and even better when reheated later. Poke'm with a toothpick and gobble' m up.

> > >

> > > 1 bag of frozen Italian meatballs (unless you're into making your own)

> > > 1 medium jar grape jelly

> > > 1 bottle chili sauce

> > >

> > > Mix ingredients in crockpot and cook on low 8 hours. Serve with sauce. Pull my finger.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Wow, that is so funny..........I got that meatball recipe from a gal friend at work 40 years ago! LOL

> >

> > Here's how she gave the recipe

> >

> > Make your own 1 inch meatballs with ground beef, eggs and Italian bread crumbs....cook in a skillet

> > Pour the cooked meatballs into a crock pot and add grape jelly and chili sauce and cook on low for

> > 2-3 hours. Quantities of all this are dependent on how much you want to make and how you want

> > it to taste. Do your own thing.

> >

> > Another recipe I got from "work" for crock pot beans (large crock pot) called "Fernande's Beans",

> > Fernande being the owners wife..........really simple.

> >

> > Dump 6 cans of various beans into a crock pot......you choose which ones but mix 'em up to get

> > a variety and some color variation. Cut up 2 pounds of raw bacon into small pieces and toss it

> > in the pot with the beans. Toss about 3 heaping tablespoons of black pepper into the pot and

> > stir it all up. Cook for 1-2 hours. Comes out tasty and spicy!

>

> I take it back. Pull Rad's finger. ? Bean power!!! ️??

>

Hey Reason, nice emojis ???????????

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @billh17 said:

> Anybody else get out today? It was beautiful. Mom had a par 4 so she is on cloud 9 tonight !

> I had a 43/45 very good for me !

Walked 14 yesterday. Lost my "driver" swing completely. Hit a few decent iron shots, the 09 x forged aren't going as far as they did when I bought them in 2010. Probably didn't break 50 on the full nine. I don't keep score, but I have a pretty good idea, using points scoring: 1 for bogey, 2 for par, and three for birdie. Pars and birdies have been few this year.

Didn't get home until after 2:00pm. Got Penny for a hour or so, but she kept running away from me, when I tried to get her back home.

May just take the day to play with Penny. Will see.

This computer is still lagging a few times, as I type.

• Like 1

As long as we're sharing recipes, I'll post up a couple. Not trying to usurp anyone else's Meatball recipes, but we use this one to make up a quantity for use in sauce for spaghetti and meatballs. Second is a super easy BBQ sauce for basting grilled chicken. One of these days, maybe get around to writing up my smokey and tangy Memphis Style BBQ sauce recipe. It's involved. Make it up in large batch and can in quart size jars to preserve.

Let's see how this attachment icon thingy works. As not to clutter up the posting. Evidently, can only attach a document as a PDF. Near as I can determine.

Curious about Scotee's Costa Rican pinto beans recipe. (Hint, Prod).

• Like 2

> > @tolmij said:

> > Has anyone noticed, the Grille traffic has increased with the new software, it’s as if the two days without gave us a jolt.

>

> It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! Won't you be my neighbor???

> Grillesters holding top 8 all-time points.

> Can you say "pinned thread"???

Tis' a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Since we're talking food, nutrition (or the lack thereof) and what's happening in the neighborhood:

Appears that you no longer have to backspace out the "S" after HTTP to post a vid.

• Like 1

@Fellaheen51 my meatball recipe is very similar to yours. The main differences is that I use a three way mix of ground beef, ground pork and ground veal. There's milk in my ingredient list but no cheese. The only difference in directions is that I work the mixture by hand. Form balls; bake off and then freeze.

Printed off your Alabama white sauce recipe. Will give it a go on a rack of ribs that I picked up the other day.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

This was posted before it was varnished, the varnish clarifies the surface finish as paints with different pigments have a different surface finish

xxgf8f1n9zyc.jpeg

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Beautiful work tol!

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @Wriggles said:

> > @billh17 said:

> > Anybody else get out today? It was beautiful. Mom had a par 4 so she is on cloud 9 tonight !

> > I had a 43/45 very good for me !

>

> Walked 14 yesterday. Lost my "driver" swing completely. Hit a few decent iron shots, the 09 x forged aren't going as far as they did when I bought them in 2010. Probably didn't break 50 on the full nine. I don't keep score, but I have a pretty good idea, using points scoring: 1 for bogey, 2 for par, and three for birdie. Pars and birdies have been few this year.

> Didn't get home until after 2:00pm. Got Penny for a hour or so, but she kept running away from me, when I tried to get her back home.

> May just take the day to play with Penny. Will see.

> This computer is still lagging a few times, as I type.

So good to see you back Wrigs! Should be a nice day today, looks like Penny has a mind of her own...

• Like 1

@Wriggs:

glad you got 9 in. Those sound like my scores. I usually look at 45 a side, which equates to 5 a hole.

I figure anything better than that is great ! That gives me bogeys on par 4's,and chance to improve on par 3's.It was a beautiful day yesterday. Not as much sun today,but even warmer. I am going out again

this afternoon.

• Like 2

Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)