Hey great gear here. Love the whole lineup. Bet that G30/HZRDUS is a beast. How is that iron setup treating you?

I ended up trading my G LS for an LTD and I am pulling the Hzrdus right now and putting it in the LTD. I feel like good things are coming.

Β 

Honestly the irons are amazing. Played Mizuno Pro II T-Zoid since about 1999 with some years off golf. Came back recently and got fitted. Took a little adjusting coming from Mizuno but my iron play has been putting me in som really great places with good scoring opportunities recently. I keep getting better every day and am still learning these clubs. With these shafts, setup has been so good for me.

Β 

Sweet. Let us know how that goes in the LTD. I have a HZRDUS Black 6.5 but I felt it was a hair harsh and it just sits in my bag. Flight was good though.

Β 

Yeah I bet those irons with Modus 130X are stellar.

I will. Pretty excited about the LTD. Hit it last night with a stock red tie from an F6 that was in my pro shop. Felt it minimized my misses. G30 they were exaggerated misses and sometimes uncontrollable if swing isn't perfect. LTD seemed to be just off line when I didn't get it just right. Should get my Hzrdus back tomorrow and get a round in Saturday (if my builder does his job). Was going to sell the Hzrdus and pick up the Agera but wasn't getting the offers I would have liked so just decided to turn the stone and find out for myself how good this is paired with the LTD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been doing a bit of tinkering. Have fallen in love with the LTD. Pulled the Hzrdus Yellow and is in the LTD now. Also Picked up another Agera to try again. Going to get it tipped up for the LTD and go head to head.

Β 

Also grabbed some new (to me) Rose and Fire headcovers.

Β 

And threw a Pistol GT 1.0 grip on the Machine with the Copper flange. 13 putts in League 1st 9 with it on. Best I have putted in years.

Β 

The bag is really coming together. I think Top to bottom I am about done Tinkering for a while. We are now expecting our 3rd little one so my golf "career" may go back on pause next year for an indefinite amount of time. 3 kids under 7 and 2 of them being under 2 does not look good for my playing but that is what this life is all about. The golf will be there when the kids are older.

Β 

Going to swap the shafts in my UDI or pick up another UDI head to put an AD or a Hzrdus into to get those set up and after the Agera vs Hzrdus Yellow Showdown, I am done messing with it. All these kids wont allow me to spend money on my golf addiction anyway.

Congratulations on the new little one, hope it's healthy and happy!

Β 

Don't completely quit playing/practicing. I had a 10 year hiatus and it has been a rough road getting back to shooting decent scores.

Thanks man. Oh I know. I didn't even see a golf club for 8.5 years after high school. Went from 3-4 hdcp to shooting 50's when I started up again. All touch was gone, developed a snap hook that I have fought for the last 18 months since I started again. I am finally getting back to somewhat normalcy. Shooting decent scores again. Still have really bad days where nothing goes right but I am getting there. I will still have my 6am 9hole Saturday and Sunday mornings so I can be home to help mama before the babies are up. Hopefully the occasional nap time range session. Helps living about 60 seconds from the club house.

• 3 weeks later...

Been tinkering lately but still pretty happy with my current bag. Wanting to experiment a little with the UDI. I picked up another head and had it built with a Hzrdus Handcrafted. After 3 rounds, I consistently know where the club head is going to be and have been hitting absolute missles. I need that as my driver has been hit or miss. May be wanting to experiment with driver shafts, possibly put a hzrdus in my M2 Fairway and putters but the everywhere else I am fairly set.

Β 

Tried to experiment with an Xphlexxx Agera again and just wasn't right for me. It's now for sale. Would like to have a shoot out with the Hzrdus Yellow and AD GP 7x or may pick up an M2 10.5 head and see where that battle ends up. The LTD has been good for me, just haven't been swinging well. And the putter while good on fast greens, has been an absolute nightmare when I get on something slower. These are all more my issues than anything.

• 2 weeks later...

After hitting the Tour AD GP 6x, I was in love with the feel so much but knew I needed a heavier weight. After searching for what seemed like forever, I finally got the AD GP 7x in the bag. Hoping to get a little action with it but the Hzrdus Yellow has been performing. 50/50 whether I run it at league tonight.

Β 

Β 

• 2 weeks later...

Really been struggling with my putting for most of the season. Just have never felt comfortable looking at most plumbers necks I have touched so I have stayed away forever. Flip flopped between a bunch of putters this year looking for the magic. Whenever I would get something I could align, speed control would be erratic. If I had good speed, I couldn't hit the center of the hole from 3 feet. It's been a battle to say the least. Nothing more aggravating than shooting a 75 with (6) 3 putts. I would be terrified every time I got on the green which was most of my problem. Scared to blow it 10 feet past, I would leave it 5 feet short or the opposite. I tried centershafted, flow neck, counterbalance, mallets, mid mallets, blades, different grips just about anything that may give me just a little confidence. Then I decide to take a chance on a plumbers neck. Sight lines I have decided just don't help me align so I would get something naked. I went to a Golf Galaxy just to be sure. Was going to go through the Edel fitting but the fitter was gone for the day so I just tried everything I could. Got me an idea of what I was looking for. Ended up picking this up from Adler. This is a lot shorter than I am used to 33.5" (I am 6'5) but I have long arms so thought maybe it could work, just a little more crouched over. Voila. Speed control is night and day difference. The feel on this is a little firmer than what I have been using which I really like. I feel like the SW is perfect for me. I want to extend it to 35" but I am worried I may ruin the magic. My last round, 0 three putts which I honestly haven't gone through 9 without at least one almost all summer. I shot my low 34 on par 35 this year with a 3 putt and a lot of days, it gets much worse. Once the hesitation and being unsure creeps in, the rest of the round turns into a nightmare where I just want to give up. Wanted to share this beauty with anyone who cares. I still like experimenting but this beauty will be in the stable for a while. The welding on this thing is so sick. I spoke to Lamont about this putter and he said this was in the first 10 MA/66 that he ever did. I may send it back to him to reshaft it up as I want it to be as legit as possible. He said this one has a little firmer feel than his newer ones as he was still figuring it all out. This putter has been really great to me with only a couple rounds in, confidence is high and that leads to better scoring, placebo or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Original Post updated with 2017 bag photos. This is currently whats in the bag. Flopping back and forth between the UDI and Titleist 909H depending how much practice time I get next year with our 3rd boy arriving in late March. Looking forward to heading to Miles of Golf in February again and getting my hands on the new Epic stuff to test against the LTD.

Also wanted to give a huge shout out to Lumpy for building my newest edition. Handmade LN with Slot, rounded bumpers, some Uselton stamping for another Uselton. He even took it upon himself to do some Aluminum light weight putters for my boys and they turned out amazing.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• 4 weeks later...

You prefer the LTD over the G?

Sound and feel go to the LTD.

Β 

G Ls was probably the longest driver i have ever played. Had the m1 and m2 this year and they don't compare distance wise for me. Same with thr LTD but for some reason, G LS I would bomb one, then slice the next one off thr map, then snap hook one

Β 

LTD I feel gives me the best chance of being in the fairway. Don't have the drastic misses. I rarely hit the Ltd over 300 but misses are just off the fairway, compared to 320-330 OB.

Β 

Have a driver fitting Jan 22 so it's up in the air what spot will be at the top for 2017

Picked up a few new shafts to try. Tensei Pro Blue 70TX in the LTD and 80TX in the M2 HL.

Β 

I'll be on trackman Jan 22 at Mile's of Golf in Michigan for a driver fitting. Going to test new M1/M2, JPX 900, F7/+, Epic/SZ and 917's against my LTD with the AD GP7x and the Tensei. Try to get a good feel of what is best for me moving forward.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Love the MANN putter. Lamont does great work.

Yeah it's really sick in person. It's one of the first 5 (confirmed with Lamont) MA66 he ever did. The weld is spectacular. It's truly a special piece and the feel is even better. I am toying around with LN putters this season as I feel i need a little more face balanced but that Mann is everything I could hope for in a putter.

Is it Jan 22nd yet?

NO KIDDING! With all the hype of the Epic, I want to jump on TM and see it for myself. I love Mile's for that. It's winter and I can still get on TM and see actual ballflight outside and compare everything.

Β 

I may have to look into getting up there.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

Β 

Is it Jan 22nd yet?

NO KIDDING! With all the hype of the Epic, I want to jump on TM and see it for myself. I love Mile's for that. It's winter and I can still get on TM and see actual ballflight outside and compare everything.

Β 

Schedule for Jan 22 around 1-2pm, then I can just snag that DH89 from you while we are there :dntknw:

Is it Jan 22nd yet?

Β 

Schedule for Jan 22 around 1-2pm, then I can just snag that DH89 from you while we are there :dntknw:

Β 

LOL.

Β 

I've been looking into King LTD. I have no experience. I'm assuming it's a really good performer for you....

Β 

I've been looking into King LTD. I have no experience. I'm assuming it's a really good performer for you....

It has honestly been the best I have found. It's not the longest, but it's controllable for me.

Β 

2016, I started with G30, bought an LTD (sold it, stupid) was fit into M1 (sold within 3 weeks), bought a G LS (G30 was just as good), traded the G LS for the LTD, traded something else for an M2, and compared M2 to LTD. M2 has been sold. LTD remains.

Β 

Honestly the G LS was the longest driver for me of the bunch. But I am wildly erratic off the tee at times. If I get out of rhythm, it's ugly. G LS, I would bomb one, next would be 2 fairways over and could be right or left. I would snap hook one, then block slice one off the map, but it was ridiculous when I put a good swing on it.

Β 

The LTD has been a saving grace for me this season as my misses are not going miles off line. I may hit some that leak right or I overdraw one, but they are mostly in play. No OB which was costing me major strokes. In league this summer with the G LS, I went 38, 50, 38, 50 4 weeks in a row just because my driving got really crazy and would starting losing tee shots.

Β 

LTD puts me in position to score well making my tee shots at least able to find, but I feel like I am sacraficing a few yards with it. Love the feel, look, sound but hits a little shorter than others. FWIW, my miss is Low on the face 95% of the time. I feel that is why I am losing distance with the LTD. Can't wait to get on trackman to compare the LTD with other shafts against the New models and see if something is better. I have no problem baggin the LTD in 2017 if there are not significant gains.

It has honestly been the best I have found. It's not the longest, but it's controllable for me.

Β 

2016, I started with G30, bought an LTD (sold it, stupid) was fit into M1 (sold within 3 weeks), bought a G LS (G30 was just as good), traded the G LS for the LTD, traded something else for an M2, and compared M2 to LTD. M2 has been sold. LTD remains.

Β 

Honestly the G LS was the longest driver for me of the bunch. But I am wildly erratic off the tee at times. If I get out of rhythm, it's ugly. G LS, I would bomb one, next would be 2 fairways over and could be right or left. I would snap hook one, then block slice one off the map, but it was ridiculous when I put a good swing on it.

Β 

The LTD has been a saving grace for me this season as my misses are not going miles off line. I may hit some that leak right or I overdraw one, but they are mostly in play. No OB which was costing me major strokes. In league this summer with the G LS, I went 38, 50, 38, 50 4 weeks in a row just because my driving got really crazy and would starting losing tee shots.

Β 

LTD puts me in position to score well making my tee shots at least able to find, but I feel like I am sacraficing a few yards with it. Love the feel, look, sound but hits a little shorter than others. FWIW, my miss is Low on the face 95% of the time. I feel that is why I am losing distance with the LTD. Can't wait to get on trackman to compare the LTD with other shafts against the New models and see if something is better. I have no problem baggin the LTD in 2017 if there are not significant gains.

Β 

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take straight all day. I am long enough as to where if I am giving up a few yards it's not going to matter. I am just trying to acquire some stuff which I haven't tried and see what comes out on top against what I have. We'll see...

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take straight all day. I am long enough as to where if I am giving up a few yards it's not going to matter. I am just trying to acquire some stuff which I haven't tried and see what comes out on top against what I have. We'll see...

I'll let you know how the fitting goes and try to get screen shots of actual numbers of the LTD vs everything else. I am long enough where a few yards doesn't really matter. My home course is like 6700 from the tips so not really long anyway, but the layout is punishing if you are not straight and the greens are extreme. You can be in the fairway on any hole and still be blocked out from reaching. Lots and lots of trees. Here, consistently hitting where you want is way more important than being a bomber. Doesn't set up well for my style of play lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Driver fitting 1/22/2017 @ Miles of Golf

Β 

Gave me some pretty unexpected information and results. I headed up north to Michigan to MoG to work with Shawn. Awesome guy and super intelligent.

Β 

Still waiting on Trackman Results from the fitting but winner was not even close.

Β 

Gamer: LTD w/ Tour AD GP 7x at 45" untipped

Β 

Contenders:

GBB Epic

Epic SZ

M1 2017

M2 2017

Cobra F7

Β 

GAMER:

Been struggling with LTD the last couple months. Just problems finding the middle and when I did seemed to be having some control issues. HIt a few shots to warm up and once I got loose, just absolutely hit one as pure as I could. We used my best shot for my baseline. All with controlled swing. Keep in mind my gamer baseline is not averages as I didn't hit very many good shots with the club, only took my best. The LTD got really wild and lots of pushes and everything kept going right.

Β 

SS - 113.4

Ball Speed 169.4

Launch 9.6

Spin 2279

Carry 284.8

Total 314.1

Peak Height 85

AOA -1.6 (I am pretty steep and always hit down on the ball therefore I rarely launch above 10* or spin below 3000)

Β 

Β 

Β 

Will update this with trackman numbers once I get the email from Shawn. Still waiting on the PDF Trackman Results.

Β 

Ballspeeds avg:

M1 165

M2 164

F7 160

GBB Epic 167

SZ 172

Β 

We decided that the SZ was ultimately the head for me. I was launching on avg. around 10.2 and spinning 2900. Not the most ideal, but the most workable for me. If I can get my AOA to be more optimal, spin will drop but only working with what I have.

Β 

Hit some of my favorite shafts that have worked well for me in the past. I typically stay around 75g X-Flex untipped. Super smooth transition, very late release, tons of lag. Works well for my iron play but driver has been an issue for me for the last 2 seasons. If nothing else, this fitting gave me the knowledge of where I need to work in my swing.

Β 

So we worked through some of my shafts I liked, Hzrdus Yellow, played with weight, just didn't click for me. AD GP 7x, decent but launching too low and just not making great contact. Shawn grabs an Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 60 05. Bang and the magic happened. My launch was up, spin was down and was just middling everything straight as an arrow. I know this is a $500 upcharge but it was fun to swing. I want the Tour Limited but no way I pay $500 for an upcharge shaft. $1000 driver, no improvement is worth that. But this is as good as we found.

Β 

Shawn has something to to attend to inside, so leaves me in the bay. "Keep swinging whatever you feel like." I decide I want to see what the T800 is all about. All they have is a 55g 6.0 stiff flex. Very far from what I usually and get pretty wild with 60ish range, who knows what the 55g is going to be.

Β 

1st shot. 10.5 launch, 2800 spin, STRAIGHT as an arrow. 290 carry for 320 total. Pretty great. Shawn comes back in and I proceed to hit about 30 in a row that may as well have landed in a bucket in the middle of the fairway. I haven't hit more than 10 fairways in a round since high school. The dispersion and distance were identical for me to the Oban Tour Limited for $500 less. You could have thrown a lasso around all my Tour Limited and T800 shots. For me, I am known as being wild but a good player that will shoot mid 70's with a 3 iron off the tee, get in the 60's if I can hit fairways, but always hit about 2-3 OB on Almost every round that blow up to 10 or 12 on a hole.

Β 

The ability to hit this driver straight, shot after shot is the biggest stand out for me. I don't worry about overall distance usually. I am long enough that it really doesn't matter. I will hover around 300 yards. My ability to score comes from not being in the trees. This is a unicorn for me. Fastest ball speeds and straightest of all. GBB wanted to go right. M1 just don't care for the feel or sound and was left and right.

Β 

SZ just wanted to go straight.

Β 

In the End, I am getting the SZ 10.5* w/ Hzrdus T800 55g 6.0 playing at 45.5" (exactly what I was swinging) and if I get the chance to pick up a Tour Limited 60 05 or 70 05 untipped playing 45-45.5" for a decent price on the BST, I'll grab one and do some on course testing but honestly, as perfect as this shaft was for me, I have no reason to look elsewhere. Just shows the importance of getting fit. Never in a million years would I think at 115-119mph (when in season) swing speed would a 55g Stiff give me the control I need to make aggressive swings and hit the ball straight.

Β 

EDIT: Heard from MoG yesterday and had them give me shaft to graphic measurements and Swing Weight the club one more time. They said at 45.5" with 297.1g weight head, it was swing weighted at D9?? can this possibly be right. I like heavy swing weights to help my control but all stock is D9?? any advice is appreciated before I finalize my order.