• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, M2 and T1100, will be interesting to see how this plays out. I did not know this was your thread.

I can't say I am overly excited about the Noles kicking off this season against Bama, but might as well find out where we are right away. Hopefully a great game.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Awesome thread and detail. A great read. Thanks. My son is almost four so I am going to try and bring him out with me also. Even if he will probably have more interest in making sand castles in the bunker.

They do that at first. If you go with the intention of playing good golf, it's going to be a frustrating afternoon. Even at 7, he does things that leave me scratching my head. I can either get mad about it or enjoy the fact that he is there with me, and hopefully his love for the game blooms. I promise its still a work in progress for me to keep that attitude for 9 holes. When he grabs the flag and decides to use it as a javelin into the bunker (OK he isn't that bad but it feels that way sometimes) I have to remember that we are just enjoying the afternoon and to keep my competitive side at bay. Most days he would rather chase geese than play but we still have fun together.

Damn, M2 and T1100, will be interesting to see how this plays out. I did not know this was your thread.

I can't say I am overly excited about the Noles kicking off this season against Bama, but might as well find out where we are right away. Hopefully a great game.

Yeah I ended up having the combo kind of fall into my lap. Sold some gear and had some freed up cash at the same time I had a buddy offer me the goods so figured why not experiment. It's spring and can get some real on course testing before the real season gets here.

I wanted to try the T1100 regardless whether its a good fit for me or not so bought a new uncut shaft. I heard about how stiff it plays so I figured I would go 6.0 install it at 46" and tip accordingly if needed. Hopefully I can play this weekend with both drivers in the bag and get some definitive answers.

Yeah should be a good game. Trust me as my whole family is from Bama and grew up bleeding the Tide yet living in Ohio, I have heard it all. Really not much growing up because of the bowl ban we had in the 90's, we were terrible. But we start winning and now everybody is a hater. Being in Big10 country, I am sure you hear it as well as a Nole in Iowa lol

Yeah I ended up having the combo kind of fall into my lap. Sold some gear and had some freed up cash at the same time I had a buddy offer me the goods so figured why not experiment. It's spring and can get some real on course testing before the real season gets here.

I wanted to try the T1100 regardless whether its a good fit for me or not so bought a new uncut shaft. I heard about how stiff it plays so I figured I would go 6.0 install it at 46" and tip accordingly if needed. Hopefully I can play this weekend with both drivers in the bag and get some definitive answers.

Yeah should be a good game. Trust me as my whole family is from Bama and grew up bleeding the Tide yet living in Ohio, I have heard it all. Really not much growing up because of the bowl ban we had in the 90's, we were terrible. But we start winning and now everybody is a hater. Being in Big10 country, I am sure you hear it as well as a Nole in Iowa lol

I actually hit the 2017 M1 a few times on course last week (HZRDUS Yellow), was ok, but as with all TM drivers, fought fading it. I did like the feel and sound better than the 2016 series. I would really not mind hitting that D-Type M2.

It is always fun to test.

Oh yeah, my family hates me during football season, call me a traitor....lol. I have been a Nole fan since Deion was there, used to it now.

Funny, can't stand OSU, but that is more due to the coach, I don't like that guy.....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

@Roadking_6, @Warrick:

Both of you have excellent taste in golf equipment...

and terrible taste in NCAA football teams :taunt:

BAHAHAHA yeah by Step-Mom would agree with you. My Dad's house has a huge house divided flag Bama/Vols.

When we are down visiting family, most of mine don't understand how he could even let her in the house wearing that awful color

I actually hit the 2017 M1 a few times on course last week (HZRDUS Yellow), was ok, but as with all TM drivers, fought fading it. I did like the feel and sound better than the 2016 series. I would really not mind hitting that D-Type M2.

It is always fun to test.

Oh yeah, my family hates me during football season, call me a traitor....lol. I have been a Nole fan since Deion was there, used to it now.

Funny, can't stand OSU, but that is more due to the coach, I don't like that guy.....

I never get along with TM drivers for some reason. I don't know what it is. I always try through. I had the 2016 M1 and M2 and neither lasted longer than 2 weeks. I figure half the fun of it for me is trying new things. If it doesn't blow me away compared to the Epic I have and am really liking, then the M2 can go.

I am thinking the T800 is just a tad light for me. starting to see some tempo/control issues. Mostly a lot of pulls I think just from getting quick.

Nice shoes....., I have 7 pairs of them.

Your glove needs replaced....lol.

Anxious to hear your thoughts. The guy in my group that just got a 2017 M1 , is really not able to keep up with me.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Nice shoes....., I have 7 pairs of them.

Your glove needs replaced....lol.

Anxious to hear your thoughts. The guy in my group that just got a 2017 M1 , is really not able to keep up with me.

Yeah I love the shoes. I am considering picking up a few more pairs, especially the neon/turquoise ones. They are selling for like $50 on ebay.

Yes my glove needs replaced. Its early and haven't stocked up yet. There is another glove on the ground. It's in much better shape I promise. But that was just up at the range and didn't want to burn a hole in my last good one before my round lol.

As far as thoughts on the M2 vs the Epic.

Sound and feel for me go to the Epic hands down. I love it the same way I loved the feel/sound of the LTD. Wooden batish. Feels so solid when you connect. TM drivers to me always have that hollow pop can feel for me. Almost like its dead and I never really know if I got all of it. I prefer the Epic here.

Distance wise, I got a very good indicator on the second hole. I hit very similar drives with the M2 and the Epic. Similar flight, similar line and really just felt like I caught them both. Here is the resulting photo of where they ended up. Based on my Garmin watch, I had 105 to the center of the green with one and 129 to the center with the other. Now it may look like they are at a different angle but if you base this on where the tee is, they are dead on line and one was much further. And the winner here was...........THE EPIC. This held true all day (not 24 yards) but I was consistently 5-10 yards further with the epic.

Although there was one outlier with the M2. I hit one that I knew was probably the furthest ball I have ever hit. Before I looked up I just knew it was deep. And the ball basically plugged and hopped out a few inches from its own mark. Conditions were soggy but I had to measure bc I knew it was a monster. All carry, completely flat hole. I never reached that distance with the Epic.

Dispersion I have to say was a wash for me. Both were straight when I did my part. I like the M2 at address better than the Epic. I have an easier time aligning the M2 with the white/black crown. Just sets up nicely for me.

Now, I had the T1100 in the M2 and the T800 in the Epic. Not the same shaft characteristics whatsoever, but both are straight in for reference. T800 is playing 45.5" and the T1100 is playing 46" (in case I wanted to tip it which I might). It could be a combination of head, length, swing weight difference or whatever, but for me the T1100 was launching noticeably higher than the T800. All on good strikes.

I definitely love the ballflight of the T1100/M2.

So yesterday, my Matrix MFS5 showed up. 70X White Tie. I tipped it with a TM tip and is curing at the moment. I pulled the T1100 TM adapter and installed a Callaway Epic adapter. I want to be able to know for a fact that it's the head. So now I will take the MFS 5 White Tie 70X in the M2, against the Epic T1100 65g 6.0. Winning head of this matchup will stay and all shafts will be switched over to the winner.

I am honestly surprised how much I liked the M2 head. I have never gotten along with TM drivers. I had the M1 and M2 last year and I just couldn't get along with them as much as I wanted to. They look great, just must have had something to do with shafts and the way TM tips everything. When I put this T1100 straight in (I bought the shaft new and uncut from TT), I was just crushing it wish high ballflight. Last year with the M1 I ordered direct from TM with a Kuro Kage, I couldn't get the ball more than 20 feet off the ground.

More testing to come.....

Really interested to see the results of the Epic with T1100 comapred to the M2. It's similar to the current struggle that I am having. For me, it's M2/Hzrdus Yellow vs. Epic/T1100. I think I need to get a SZ to test and if I could get my hands on a second GBB weight that would help to but Callaway won't send me one because I didn't order it that way.

Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond 8* - Fujikura Ventus TR Red
Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red
Taylormade Stealth Hybrid 19* - Fujikura Ventus Red
Titleist T200 2023 4-PW Nippon Modus 120
Taylormade MG3 50, 54, Hi-Toe 60
Taylormade Spider GT Max

Really interested to see the results of the Epic with T1100 comapred to the M2. It's similar to the current struggle that I am having. For me, it's M2/Hzrdus Yellow vs. Epic/T1100. I think I need to get a SZ to test and if I could get my hands on a second GBB weight that would help to but Callaway won't send me one because I didn't order it that way.

I have a very steep AoA and launch the ball low to begin with. I have always been in a X because of my speed (115) and prefer a 70-80g weight in my driver to help with my timing.

During a recent fitting I got such surprising results by going to a lighter shaft and stiff flex and just focusing on smooth transition. Well the 55g 6.0 gives me awesome launch conditions, but I really hit this nasty pull if I try to step on it too hard. So I am bumping back up in weight and flex.

With the T1100, I was so scared of what people were saying about so stiff and super low launch, it scared me out of 6.5 and scared me out of 75g. I think I would have been perfect in a 75g 6.0 and tipped it about 1/2" or 6.5 straight in. I will test more and possibly get a 75g. I know this is supposed to be a low launching beast that is a spin killer and I didn't find that at all. I love the feel (I think because I went a flex down) and It launched higher than the T800 for me which kind of blew my mind. Could be head or any combo of things. But I installed the T1100 straight in the Epic, if I need to tip the shaft I will try 1/2" and go from there.

Well becuase of my AoA issues, I did so much better with the SZ vs the GBB Epic. I love my SZ still and am only doing this testing of the M2 because it kind of fell in my lap. I wasn't looking and somehow ended up with it so figured I may as well test while I have it. The T1100 and the Matrix were already on the way.

I'll update more after I get out with the SZ/T1100.

Testing is about done. Got a few rounds in over the weekend and things are starting to Click.

Driver: Epic is an easy winner for me over the M2. Threw the T1100 in there and its like the magic happend.

Fairway: 2016 M2 HL with Tensei 80TX. Funny I sold this shaft, pulled it and cracked at the tip during the pull. I tipped it an extra 1/2" and threw it back in. It plays at 42.25-42.5" and this thing has been an absolute cannon as of late. Kind of worked out for the best in the end.

Hybrid: I have finally let go of the UDI and am just committing to the 909H. It's that good for me, why I keep hunting I don't know

Irons: The s55 with Modus 130S have been about as good as I could have hoped with the experiment. Such a better shaft for me than the 130X. I just launch them with ease and don't have to force anything. Perfect match.

Wedges: being selected for the RTX-3 Testing was a blessing for me. These are still so point and shoot for its pretty unreal. I am still trying to knock the rust off but they are fantastic.

Putter: My Longneck Xenon is firmly in the bag, but I have another Xenon Lump is building at the moment. Took alll the things I love about mine and changed a few details, and threw on all the bells and whistles this go round. Got some Damascus going on this time. Hope to have my long term gamer once this bad boy arrives. If not, this longneck has become a great friend of mine.

Hey just catching up here. Sounds like everything is coming together. :good:

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

I was just thinking about reaching out to you to see how your bag was shaping up.

Mine is definitely coming together. Went through some testing, changing and moving a lot of parts around to find the perfect setup. I feel like I have finally arrived at a place where there isn't a spot that I am actively seeking to replace. Now I can focus on playing well.

If you get a free weekend to come down, we should get out and play! I can't travel nowadays for a while. I live around the corner from the course and I try to get out on the weekends when the new baby is sleeping. Add an hour driving each way and mama bear may be none too pleased with papa, especially when your 2 year old is a NIGHTMARE! He is awesome honestly but he reminds me of a Tazmanian Devil.

I was just thinking about reaching out to you to see how your bag was shaping up.

Mine is definitely coming together. Went through some testing, changing and moving a lot of parts around to find the perfect setup. I feel like I have finally arrived at a place where there isn't a spot that I am actively seeking to replace. Now I can focus on playing well.

If you get a free weekend to come down, we should get out and play! I can't travel nowadays for a while. I live around the corner from the course and I try to get out on the weekends when the new baby is sleeping. Add an hour driving each way and mama bear may be none too pleased with papa, especially when your 2 year old is a NIGHTMARE! He is awesome honestly but he reminds me of a Tazmanian Devil.

I'll have to update my WITB...things are shaping up for the most part.

Yeah I'll come down sometime man. Our first is arriving late August!

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

I'll have to update my WITB...things are shaping up for the most part.

Yeah I'll come down sometime man. Our first is arriving late August!

NICE CONGRATS MAN! Exciting Times. They are a blast. Tough at times but my 7 and 2 year old keep me laughing I promise.

Yeah you should update your WITB. DId you end up going all Titleist setup?

Great bag

What iron shafts did you play previously to Nippon?

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

love the putter collection! everything is so unique

Thanks man. Once I found the world of boutique putters, it just felt like I was home. Xenon to me has everyting I am looking for in a putter desingner. I scribble a few ideas down, and Lump sends me back a piece of art. Hoping my newest addition arrives this week sometime.

How do you like the MCC 4+ grips in comparison to what you used previously? Did you have to build them up at all? They look sweet.

I did not build them up at all. I have really liked the MCC+4 but as of late have had the urge to change. Did some testing recently. lamkin sent me a box of grips in assorted sizes and textures for me to test out.

Ended up ordering UTx Midsize. I have always been inbetween Standard size and Midsize, I just couldn't find a feel I liked. MCC+4 kind of fit that bill without having to build them up more.

But when I installed the UTx Midsize, it just seemed right in my hands. Always liked the feel, just thought regular UTx was small.

I will get the UTx on my clubs, I have just been too lazy (or really too busy) to get them installed.

Great bag

What iron shafts did you play previously to Nippon?

Thank you sir. Always like lurking through your thread to see what you got going on as well. Very nice gear.

I have played PX 6.5 since I can remember. The first set I swapped the shafts on was my Mizuno Tzoid Pro II that I got when I was a freshman. I bought them stock but when fitting and upgrading shafts first because more widely accepted, I switched over to PX.

I love the Modus 130. I had X and they were a good fit when I swung all out. But trying to dial the swing back and get more control, I have been getting really good results the past couple months by bumping down to S flex. Higher launching which for me is a good thing.

Nice choice on the UTx grips. They are my current grip of choice. I usually play the blues which have a lot of cord and then put the reds on my Srixons and they don't seem to have as much cord but feel softer and tackier. If you like a rib in your grips and logo down I would recommend the Golf Works rib kit. Gave them a try with my current setup and love the feel and the reminder making my grip consistent

Nice choice on the UTx grips. They are my current grip of choice. I usually play the blues which have a lot of cord and then put the reds on my Srixons and they don't seem to have as much cord but feel softer and tackier. If you like a rib in your grips and logo down I would recommend the Golf Works rib kit. Gave them a try with my current setup and love the feel and the reminder making my grip consistent

I have noticed that actually. I bought a shaft and it had a red UTx on it and I thought it played softer. I ordered distressed UTx direct from lamkin last year and absolutely hated the feel. Then when I was doing testing this year, Lamkin sent me a bunch of grips trying to figure whether to go mid or standard and which grip to use, I really really fell in love with the UTx Blue Mid. Liked the extra cord, felt good on course. Size was just right. I actually installed them last night on all my irons and wedges.

Roll Tide Roadking. Saw back in your thread about your son. My seven year old is playing PGA Junior League and we just played his first 9 hole rounds this weekend. You are right, there is nothing like being out there with your son. He is already a little putter ho, asked for a mallet and how could I say no? Took him down to Play it Again, let him pick one out, and cut her down. Kid makes more putts than me now.

Roll Tide Roadking. Saw back in your thread about your son. My seven year old is playing PGA Junior League and we just played his first 9 hole rounds this weekend. You are right, there is nothing like being out there with your son. He is already a little putter ho, asked for a mallet and how could I say no? Took him down to Play it Again, let him pick one out, and cut her down. Kid makes more putts than me now.

ROLL TIDE! Tough being a Bama fan in the heart of Ohio.

Haha that is awesome. My 7 year old is 50/50 whether he wants to play or not. Some days I ask and he is excited, somedays he is begging mom not to make him go. I don't think he cares one way or the other about the sport, more about spending time with dad. I am hoping that it turns into a genuine love for the sport that he wants to play on his own.

My 2 year old is a different story. If he sees me on my phone, he knows I am browsing the BST and wants to come sit on my lap and look at clubs with me. If I say the world golf, he runs to grab one of his clubs and is at the door. If we pass a golf course driving, he points and says "Jax's Golf Course" like he owns the place. He knows any time UPS, USPS, etc pulls in the driveway with a package, he is asking me "Golf Clubs?". I will have no problems getting this one into the game.

I mean Lumpy made the 2 boys a custom Xenon Putter. The 2 year old has not put the thing down since. He gets up in the morning, give him his milk and put Mickey on TV. He gets his golf club, runs to the couch, putter in one hand milk in the other and cannot get enough.