2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love it man, the insert looks even better after you cleaned it up. solid!

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

love it man, the insert looks even better after you cleaned it up. solid!

Thanks Brother!

Yeah he put it in a bag of Gun Oil for shipping and it had soaked into the Copper. A little Tarn-X on a Q-tip and it really made the Insert Shine. Pic doesn't do it justice. Rolled it Pretty well on Sunday. Have to give it a little time and see if this can fill that constantly rotating spot.

Putter looks good man. Very cool. Weight? Any toe hang on that? I notice the long neck.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Srixon ZX Utility 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

Putter looks good man. Very cool. Weight? Any toe hang on that? I notice the long neck.

Thanks brother! It's 350g. I requested standard plumbers neck length, but I don't know if it got lost in translation. It was clear I wanted some toe hang as that was the purpose of this build, to go away from the long neck. It has almost a small slant neck, right around 4:00 toe hang which was really my intention. So it worked out even though it wasn't exactly as requested, it still met my requirements. It's almost like a 3/4 longneck. Kind of in between a standard PN and my current LN. Gave me just what I was looking for in terms of performance. Putted pretty well on Sunday with it. Playing again tonight and will see if I continue to get more comfortable with it.

What was the turnaround on that thing?

What was the turnaround on that thing?

Lump has been dealing with some personal issues (health, car accident, problem with his supplier, etc.) that led to some longer than anticipated wait times. I think there was a little bit of a back-up in his builds. Still not horrible and less than 4 months, but usually the wait is much less with Lump.

Once I received the putter, he sent me out an apology over the whole wait and thanked me for being patient with him. He said he is finally clearing up his issues and the shop will be running smoothly again in the coming weeks. He is getting caught up on everything now. I didn't anticipate it being as long as it was, but I made changes and it was initially supposed to be Damascus, but there was a problem with his supplier on getting it so we changed things up a bit to get it done and out.

Built this Friday, and played 18 friday and Saturday. M1 10.5 with VA Composites Raijin 74x

Built to 45.5" with a Hotmelted M1 head. Came to E2 on the swingweight scale. Freaking sledgehammer.

But did hit 11 of 14 fairways on Saturday and it's extremely long

Built up the MP H4 2 iron last night with the Raijin 84x

Played 3 rounds now with the Raijin. I don't know what is happening, but it has transformed my driver overnight. I want to get this thing on Trackman soon and will probably have a chance the first week of August to get down and get some actual numbers and I want to post an actual review of the VA Composites Raijin. This is honestly the best shaft most people have never heard of.

Quick thoughts on the shaft, It feels like an Oban White to me. Not overly boardy, not a ton of kick, just a smooth feeling shaft. But it's low spin more like the Black in my opinion. I am a lower launching (around 10* typically) and high spin (around 3000rpms typically) and this combo just has me hitting some flat boring bombs. Not a ton of movement one way or another. Just perfection for me.

Saturday I played in a scramble, Hit 11 of 14 fairways. Big turnaround considering I usually hover around 40-50% or less. Driver woes continue to haunt my game. But this is a huge initial turnaround.

Played a quick 9 after work yesterday. Shot my best round of the year. 36 with 8 GIR's. Hit driver 4 times. 3 of 4 fairways with it and the one I missed was 5 feet into the rough and made Eagle on 10. Good start to the day.

Played the back 9. on 10, Crushed my drive down the left and didn't cut back enough, and ended up in the rough. 185 out on a 520 par 5. Hit my 8 perfect landed about 18" away and I saw the ball disappear behind the flag. My heart skipped a beat as I thought I just made a 2. Surprised it didn't hit the stick.

Botched 2nd shot on 13 cost me a couple strokes, but hit 8 greens, and just played solid. Putter was cold as I had about 4 other makeable birdie chances inside 10 feet that I couldn't roll in. Played 2 extra overtime holes after the 9. Played 10 again, then jumped over to 2.

Perfect tee shot on 10, good second leaving another Eagle opportunity from 15 feet. Left it on the edge and kick in birdie.

Perfect tee shot on 2, 106 out and stuffed a wedge inside 5 feet. Made the birdie putt. So really I was -2 through 11 holes.

Things are looking up.

This combo of the M1/Rajin is so disguisting for me. Good for good I may be 5 yards behind the Epic, but the left is completely taken out of the equation.

I feel this new confidence on the tee to aim down the left side and swing hard and play that cut back to the middle. I tried to play that game with the Epic and hit some absolute bombs, but 3-4 pulls per round that would draw. I know swing flaw, I get it. But for whatever reason, I can't turn the M1/M2 heads over to save my life so just knowing I can't go left, gives me supreme confidence on the tee I haven't felt since high school.

And it looks dope in the bag.

Also built my MP H4 2 iron with the Raijin 84x and finally got it on the course yesterday. Few shots on the range were promising. Hit it on course and hit the best tee shot I have ever hit on 11.

I am going to test the shafts, and go head to head with the Kuro Kage Dual Core 60TX. I'll probably pull the Cally adapter and throw a TM one on there and see if it's the head or shaft giving me the performance and move forward from there.

That shaft looks absolutely fire in the driver. Sticks gotta look good to play good

Not only does it look good, the performance of this combo is so nasty for me.

I have always loved Oban shafts, and the newest thing from Victor does not disappoint. I have had my best driving rounds since high school since I put this combo in the bag. It's still early in testing, but if the trend continues the way it is currently, this isn't going anywhere.

Did some more testing this weekend. Grabbed an M2 head to go against the M1. Moved the Kuro Kage Dual Core XT over from the SZ into the M2.

Combos:

M1 with Raijin

M2 with Kuro Kage

M1 with Kuro Kage DC XT

M2 with Raijin

Spent about an hour at the range Saturday, then played an outing and was able to swing free with both combos. Then another hour at the range yesterday.

It is honestly not even close. The M1 with the Raijin seems to be just a perfect storm. Weight combo, whatever it is. It just gives me the stability, control and distance to cover everything I need a driver to do. There is no fear of the Left at all. I can confidently aim down the left side and swing away and know there are not going to be pulls and hooks. M2 for me was solid and was extremely long, but was able to turn the club over and hit draws and that led to the occasional hook. The M1, I just can't turn it over. That is exactly what I need in my bag.

I finally have something I feel confident in standing on the tee box.

May not be technically perfect, but my striking has been as good as it's been in years. Watching this video, I see a few things I want to tweak and continue to improve.

If anyone sees this and sees anything that maybe my untrained eyes are missing, please feel free to chime in. Always love the feedback.

[media=]

[/media]

Well. if you'd lose those crimson color clothes in favor of let's say orange, I believe you'd gain 10 yards :taunt:

Pretty nice swing from these untrained eyes.

I may have to try one of those shafts at some point. Every TM driver I've ever hit I hook; recent Callaway too for that matter.

Haha season is getting close! I gotta Rep the Tide, even here in Ohio!

You should definitely try the shaft. Maybe it's great for you, maybe not. But it's just a perfect storm combo for me at the moment.

I couldn't stay away from the left with the Epic. When you play a stock cut, that is disaster. For some reason, I cannot turn over the M1 unless I put an aggressive hook swing on it. Then it's just a snipe hook. So now I am just able to confidently aim left and swing away. Some misses are straight and in the left rough, a few over done and end up a touch right. But I am giving myself looks at the green. Missing fairway isn't as devestating when you are just in the rough. For me it became hitting 4 or 5 punch outs per round and taking a lot of stupid big numbers. The sample size is small at this point, but I am just going to commit.

Well. if you'd lose those crimson color clothes in favor of let's say orange, I believe you'd gain 10 yards :taunt:

I may have to try one of those shafts at some point. Every TM driver I've ever hit I hook; recent Callaway too for that matter.

You should definitely try the shaft. Maybe it's great for you, maybe not. But it's just a perfect storm combo for me at the moment.

I couldn't stay away from the left with the Epic. When you play a stock cut, that is disaster. For some reason, I cannot turn over the M1 unless I put an aggressive hook swing on it. Then it's just a snipe hook. So now I am just able to confidently aim left and swing away. Some misses are straight and in the left rough, a few over done and end up a touch right. But I am giving myself looks at the green. Missing fairway isn't as devestating when you are just in the rough. For me it became hitting 4 or 5 punch outs per round and taking a lot of stupid big numbers. The sample size is small at this point, but I am just going to commit.

You have an online source for those shafts?

You have an online source for those shafts?

Sent you a PM

Hey RK, where can I find out more on the Raijins?

Glad you found a combo that is working well! Nothing like that feeling - getting up to the tee and knowing what your ball is going to do when you hit it. For me, the G400 LST w/ HZRDUS Black is that combo based on testing/demoing. Now just a waiting game until it arrives. Been kinda fun to put the old FT-3 Tour back in the bag in the meantime, though. I am interested in trying one of these out against the Black, but also in a hybrid. I just picked up a Ping Anser I need to re-shaft.

My Xenon collection continues to grow. Have a few covers, and always looking for more. These are the ones that came with my orders, or tracked down for bag matching and the Uselton significance.

Lump finished up my ball mark and divot tool. I played and was the singer in a band for about 10 years so thought the guitar/pick idea was perfect. And our 3rd son has joined the world back in march, so did all my kids names. Love this

Love to find a few of the Hot Rod covers, but here is what I have for now.

Ok, we are well into practice now, had to make sure and get the avatar changed.

We are inside 30 days til game time.

I wish you all the best, outside of 9/2....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Played Sweeten's Cove in South Pittsburgh Tennessee this Saturday. After everything I had read and heard, I couldn't wait. When we first pulled up, I wasn't even sure I was in the right place. There is a tiny shack sitting off to the side of some peoples houses with no parking, a few scattered carts.

We park in the grass, and walk up and are greeted by Patrick (formerly of Scratch Golf and currently Boyd Blade Ferrule Co.) and get to talking all about gear, cool stories about the history of Scratch, etc. Just a really cool dude. We probably chatted for as long as I was on the course.

I was blown away by some of the views on this course. I will let the pictures do the talking here but just an awesome time with my dad and brother. I didn't bring my best game and can't wait to get back and play it again.

Here is an updated WITB

Decided to try again with a mallet. Have been teetering on picking up a Spider and when the 7S came out, knew I wanted to try the O-Works insert as well so killed 2 birds with one stone. Initial Impression is I really really like this putter. Easy to align for me and seems automatic inside 10 feet. Will want to get a little more time with lag putting and see how it goes but so far, like it a lot.

Have 1 round in with the J15CB's and they are silly good. Feel 100x better than the Ie1's and I am not giving anything up in terms of forgiveness. Again will need to test some more, but initially they seem like they are going straight in the bag. My distances are very close and they set up nicely for me.

I didn't get along with the Hzrdus Red in the M2 Tour, so I pulled it and am back to the 2016 M2 HL for the time being. I snagged a Fubuki K 80x tipped .5" to put in there, but it plays in my driver at 44.5" and had a TM Tip already in it. Figure I am going to give it a test run in the driver. My Raijin was 81g uncut and very similar weight to the Fubuki, so I want to get a run at a shorter driver before I move the Fubuki over into the M2. I love my Raijin, but want to test at 44.5" before cutting an inch off.

I really like the 4 iron in the J15's. I have been pulling the 4 iron recently and going D, 3HL, Hybo, 2 iron, 5-PW on my set. I think after I test, I may end up pulling the Hybrid for the 4, but time will tell. Want to get a few range sessions in with both in the bag.

Must have been great to talk to Patrick. Does he work there or something? Is that his track?

Putter looks sharp!

Must have been great to talk to Patrick. Does he work there or something? Is that his track?

Putter looks sharp!

Thanks man. I really like it and sets up well for me. First mallet I have ever used that lasted longer than a week or 2. I usually struggle with distance control and is exaggerated with a mallet but I don't seem to have any issues with this. Inside 10', the putter just lined up so nicely for me. Was able to drop a few 6'-8' par saves and with those greens, I was thrilled as they were nasty.

Yeah Patrick is the owner or part owner of Sweeten's. Pretty cool stories and just neat to get to chat about clubs and stuff. His bag was sitting there in the corner and he let me check out his BB&F Don White's and had a bunch of cool Scratch stuff there. Raw Blades, just some sick looking gear.

interested to see if the 7s stays around. i want to buy the 7s black for looks but i definitely roll the red better within 10 feet

TSr2 10* - Tensei 1K White 60X
SIM2 15* - ADIZ 7X
SIM2 19* - Kai'li 80X
MP18 MMC FLIHI 23* + New Level CB 623CB 5-PW- AMT TI X100
SM9 50.08, 54.10*, & 58.12D*-DG S200
OG Double Wide + PRO V1X

interested to see if the 7s stays around. i want to buy the 7s black for looks but i definitely roll the red better within 10 feet

We shall see. I am really liking it so far. But I also had a discussion with a buddy today and I've had 14 Putters in the bag in the last 15 months. considering that I live in Ohio and we get about 5 months a year to play, that's a pretty high turnover rate

Easy to align, pretty good initial results in testing.

• 3 weeks later...

Shaft Testing Time. I ended up snagging a G400 LST and it really performed on the course the first 2 rounds and on the range. Moved some of my shafts over to the G400 and had a little shoot out on the range.

3 shafts in testing.

VA Composites Raijin 74x

Graphite Design Tour AD TP 7x

Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited 70x

Any Predictions who will come out on top?