2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Top Flite D2 Feel vs Srixon AD333

Minarets

The ultimate best value ball. which is it?
well, i am currently playing with the E6 and actually love them, and my 2nd favorite ball is the Volvik Crystal (white) but they get no love by real golfers....

anyway, i shoot in the 90's consistently and don’t get a lot of spin on my wedges (my weakest part of my game, easily).

anyway, out of all the recent reviews i have heard through hearsay and on this board are that the TF D2 Feel and the Ad333 are fabulous balls.

well, i want to know from yall, what your feelings are. these balls both come up a lot in other ball reviews, but want this one about just these 2.

if you have played both, please mention, or if you haven’t, do the same, please.

aand if the TF gets the edge b/c you get 15 instead of 12, no need to give it the nod. just base on the ball since they are both relatively close in price.

thanks!

i am going to get one of these tom for a round Fri,and will eventually get around to both, but just wanted to read some comparison/reviews on these two

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, hands down the ad333 is the best ball I think. I also tried the tri-speed, and the ad333 is the way to go. The ad333 even won on the pga tour last year or possibly the year before one time. I can't remember who, but I know it did win. The ad333 is an incredible ball, just a step away from the pro v1 line.

The d2 I don't have as much experiance with but I did try them. they are just like those old noodle balls when they first came out. feel nice but nothing great. the ad333 is longer and putts much better.

Hi, hands down the ad333 is the best ball I think. I also tried the tri-speed, and the ad333 is the way to go. The ad333 even won on the pga tour last year or possibly the year before one time. I can't remember who, but I know it did win. The ad333 is an incredible ball, just a step away from the pro v1 line.

The d2 I don't have as much experiance with but I did try them. they are just like those old noodle balls when they first came out. feel nice but nothing great. the ad333 is longer and putts much better.

I've got to agree. I found an AD-333 and was impressed enough to buy more. It feels soft off the irons and wedges spins around the greens and gives really good distance off the driver. Durability is quite good too. It might be the best 2 layer ball on the market.

The D2 is a major improvement over previous models, but it doesn't have the AD's spin or feel around the greens.

Srixon AD333 for sure. I hit the D2 yesterday, Felt great but 0 spin and very short to me. I seem to hit the Srixon at least 10 yards farther.

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89

hmm, had no clue this AD333 was this popular...i may by me a box today, and skip over the D2s for now...

hmm, had no clue this AD333 was this popular...i may by me a box today, and skip over the D2s for now...

It's a bit of a sleeper! I think that if you made people who normally play 3 piece balls play a 2 piece, a healthy majority would play the AD333 even over the NXT (which I cannot get on with at all and costs a fair bit more than the AD).

The AD333 is a very good ball but it does have a tendency to balloon at only moderately high swing speeds. It is still a great ball for irons, chipping and putting though and as already mentioned, it's very durable.

The AD333, by most accounts, has the most spin of ANY two-piece ball. Around the green that's a positive, but off the tee it can be a negative. The problem of ballooning on tee shots is a deal-breaker for me.

For my game, the D2 Feel is a better ball..... Long & Straight! As always, YMMV.

The AD333 is a very good ball but it does have a tendency to balloon at only moderately high swing speeds. It is still a great ball for irons, chipping and putting though and as already mentioned, it's very durable.

The AD333, by most accounts, has the most spin of ANY two-piece ball. Around the green that's a positive, but off the tee it can be a negative. The problem of ballooning on tee shots is a deal-breaker for me.

For my game, the D2 Feel is a better ball..... Long & Straight! As always, YMMV.

Same here... I guess just pick your poison. Both are great balls for the price, just try them out in different circumstances and see what happens. I had better results with the D2 off the driver.

EDIT: Spelling.

uh oh, here the D2 comes.....

the D2 supporters are waking up!

Have not played the Srixon ball yet but I am interested now. Check out that backing.

Anyway, I played the D2 Distance ball yesterday (No recycled ProV1's or 1x's were available) and was very satisfied with it's performance, greens were fast but spin was not an issue and carried nicely of the tee. I really like that soft feel of this ball. I'd pay 15 bucks for another box of D2's tommorow if I needed. Just might have to give these AD333's a try!

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

I say go with the D2 feel. It is the best ball I have ever putted with and scary straight off the tee. 15 balls for 15 bucks is great too.

Taylormade M1 8.5* Fujikura Speeder 553 Tour Spec
Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 16.5* Aldila RIP Alpha
Titleist T200 4-7, T100s 8-PW KBS Tour
Scratch 8620 DD 47*, 53*, 60* Aerotech SF i110
Bettinardi Studio Stock 16

I've only used the D2, yesterday in fact.

I was very pleasantly surprised. I agree with most of what has been said about it, very straight off the tee (Driver, 3W and 5W), tame draw and fades with long irons. I was getting great (for me) spin in the mid irons with this ball also. I hit a 5i that stopped less than one yard from where it hit. With a previous generation Top Flite and my trajectory that ball would have been 10 yards off the other side.

I was having a good wedge day mechanically, but this ball did what I told it to do. Flops landed soft and stayed, pitches checked and rolled. Putting was very similar to other "soft" balls I play rather than the hard-clicky Top Flites of the past.

Very good buy for the mid-handicapper like myself.

I've played both and the AD333 is a good all around ball but with a higher swing speed this ball did not produce off the driver. Noticably shorter than many other balls I've hit specially the E6 you're playing now.

The D2 feel is not as soft and does not spin as much but off the driver it's way long. Overall the better ball for higher swing speeds in my opinion.

Cobra Bio Cell Pro
Cobra Bio Cell+ 3 wood
Mizuno MP-5 irons
Mizuno MP-R 54*, 60*
Odyssey White Ice 1

about the ballooning, the 333 wont balloon, it's not a wound ball. those days are gone, the 333 might fly high, but it won't balloon.

The ballooning problem was noted in GD's 2006 & 2007 Hot List and has been experienced by numerous players. The problem results from excessive spin, NOT the type of ball construction (wound vs. solid). The higher the ball speed, the more severe the problem is.....

Played the AD333 for the first time tonight. For $20, i thought it was a good feeling ball.

Of the irons: Hot ball with soft feel. Above avg distance. I also thought it felt well off the putter.

Of the driver: Too high of flight for my liking, and some off swings caused way too much side spin and lose distance. Would not want to play this in the MN winds.

After 9 holes, switched back to my B330. Much lower contolled trajectory. Will keep them around for trouble holes, but it won't become by favorite. Again, more than worth the 1/2 the price difference though.

i bought some D2 Feels for tom.s round...here is to hoping i like em!

i am willing to bet me hating a ball will have nothing to do with the ball itself, but more my lack of game :D

alrighty....bought some D2 Feel's yesterday for my round with some buds here today at Old Natchez Country club in Franklin, Tn. after putting with the ball on the practice green for nearly 30 min before we teed off, i liked the feel with the putter. i was kinda giddy to play this ball today.

well, it may be a combined "good ball" plus "good day swinging the clubs" that have me really liking this ball, but i do...a lot.

i may have just found my new ball. i have been playing and liking my e6, but this ball felt great off the clubs, off the driver and holding the greens. i know many complained about the lack of spin....but i found it had more then my e6. i still havent tried the Ad333 and want to, and will soon enough, but again, the 15 balls for $13 (my pro golf discount has em for $12.99) was too good to pass up and i love them!

they have to be long b/c on one particular par 4 we played, i have never reached the green in two...its a 500 yard par 4. now i did hit my drive (for me) real well, but i hit my 4H over the green on my 2nd as opposed to short where it always goes. couldnt believe that.

anyway, thanks for opening my eyes guys! love this ball

I thought I read somewhere that Srixon is coming out with a new and improved ad333. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Thanks,

p

orly?

I like the DT SoLo. I shoot in the 80's (10-12 Index), have a lower SS (85-90) with a Driver. Can't really compress a V1 or V1x so I feel like I'm wasting money and losing distance with them. Not so with the HX.Tour but they're also expensive and don't give me better scores than the SoLo.

I find the D2 Feel to be uncontrollable when chipping. It also has sort of a clunk-type feel off my driver. I still remember the crisp-feeling "click" a black Titlelist made when hit "on the screws" with a good persimmon Driver -- the D2 is a long way from a click. It's certainly a good value, but I'm not that impressed with it.

The AD 333 is also underwhelming, but it's acceptable -- maybe very slightly more than the D2.

I played the Lady for years and then the Lady Diamond -- Precept doesn't really make a true sucessor as far as I'm concerned.

What I have been playing off and on but mostly for a couple of years is the DT SoLo. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in this thread. They keep improving it, and I saw some test results that it was the leader of the $20 balls. Low spin and long off the tee with a large amount of roll, does a little checking up on a green putts well and has a good feel. Strangely, the HX.Tour feels, to me, a lot like the SoLo at a much higher price. I try others and keep coming back to the SoLo. I think it's a better ball than the 333 or the D2.

How about the Laddie X? Any comments on it?