Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

Honestly what is so great about the putters and everything else he produces? The putters dont put a better roll on the ball than a putter that costs $2950 or more less. Its laughable what people pay for the ball markers as well. I guess its a cult following of people with money to burn. I cant see any of these things being a collectible because I doubt anyone outside of the cult would buy for more than a fraction of the original cost.

Tyson Lamb makes the best ball markers ive ever seen. Not impressed with his other stuff.

So does the United States mint. Seriously a couple look ok like the pop top but it at most should be a $10-20 thing that I probably still wouldn’t buy for that. The others are just meh especially the donut ones. I guess it’s the exclusivity and price that attracts some people that they feel gives them some sort of status or something. I feel the the same way about SC too.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly what is so great about the putters and everything else he produces? The putters don’t put a better roll on the ball than a putter that costs $2950 or more less. It’s laughable what people pay for the ball markers as well. I guess it’s a cult following of people with money to burn. I can’t see any of these things being a collectible because I doubt anyone outside of the “cult” would buy for more than a fraction of the original cost.

Tyson Lamb makes the best ball markers i’ve ever seen. Not impressed with his other stuff.

I think the US Mint makes the best ball markers.

Is the "hand cut stamp" thing actually special?

Don't get me wrong... the dude is putting out some amazing stuff. I'm a fan of his work and am still kicking myself for not jumping on one of the Christmas donut/peppermint ball markers when I had the chance.

That said, I've owned putters that have been stamped by Byron Morgan, Tom Slighter and Kari Lajosi. I've also handled plenty of putters that have been stamped by Scotty Cameron (and/or employees of the brand), LaMont Mann and David Mills. It seems like any competent craftsman can stamp a character into steel without leaving a mark from the base of the stamp, regardless of what kind of stamp they are working with.

Granted, the only stamps I've actually handled were at Byron Morgan's shop, and most of his stamps are "hand cut" like this... but I didn't think that was a selling point... I just assumed that this is how the tool was made so it was properly equipped to do the job.

His chisel cut plumbers necks, on the other hand... now those are special. Would love to have one of those, one day.

By the explanation given, the only difference is the edges of the stamp are trimmed so as not to leave marks when stamped too hard. The actual stamp design is machined and likely has nothing done by "hand" other than trimming the edges. There should be only minimal difference in price.

There are some in the pictures of his stamps that have the untrimmed edges.

Here’s a sign of some good news for some lucky ones.

$24.99 ?

If you owned a succeeding golf company, what would you sell it for?

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

$24.99 ?

Depends on how many people I had already suckered.

oh this should be good -- care to elaborate?

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

$24.99 ?

Depends on how many people I had already suckered.

oh this should be good -- care to elaborate?

People are free to buy whatever they want but I’ll give my .02 . First the putters aren’t any better than anything else produced. Do they perform? Sure. Do they perform better than anything else? No. I’m sure some will say “oh it just fits my eye and I hole everything from 2 ft in” or something like that. Is the appeal in the way he produces them or the fact that they aren’t mass produced? Either way the cost is ridiculous but I guess it’s worth what somebody is willing to pay and he’s found a few suckers. As for the cover and ballmarkers...utterly absurd and that’s about all you can say about it. I feel pretty much the same way about SC but at least they’re a tour proven quality product and everything isn’t absurdly priced. Even with SC there’s a fanboy cult willing to pay thousands for a circle T or even a headcover lol. I suppose Lamb has found a niche in the golf market to appeal to “elitists” willing to pay premium for a non premium product.

$24.99 ?

Why bother asking. Just another bitter, jealous person hating on success wishing it was them...

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

$24.99 ?

Why bother asking. Just another bitter, jealous person hating on success wishing it was them...

Well, since you asked Mr. Wong, entertainment.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

$24.99 ?

Well, since you asked Mr. Wong, entertainment.

Haha fair enough.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]WITB:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7+ 8.5º w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 3/4F @ 14.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 65S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F7 2/3H @ 17.5º w/ Fujikura Pro 75S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Titleist 718 T-MB 4-PW w/KBS $-Taper 120[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Cleveland RTX 3 [/size][/color][/font][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]50º,[/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]54º and [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]58º w/PX 5.5[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Tyson Lamb Allendale 350g[/size][/font][/color]

$24.99 ?

You must own a lot of $200 ball markers.

How do you define success? By how many $50 $3000 dollar putters, $10 $300 headcovers, and $1 $200 ball markers you sold? Or by how well known you are in the actually golf world? If you were to take a random poll at random golf courses across the country how many people do you think will have ever heard of Tyson Lamb or his products? 1, maybe 2 out of 10?

$24.99 ?

How do you define success? By how many $50 $3000 dollar putters, $10 $300 headcovers, and $1 $200 ball markers you sold? Or by how well known you are in the actually golf world? If you were to take a random poll at random golf courses across the country how many people do you think will have ever heard of Tyson Lamb or his products? 1, maybe 2 out of 10?

With all due respect, I’m not quantifying his success or what his success will be. But I know selling high quality covers for 24.99 and undervaluing your time is a sure fire way to not be successful. I don’t show off my putters, nor do I care if someone knows who Tyson Lamb is. Most people don’t, and I’m sure Tyson is perfectly fine with that. But go ahead and belittle someone’s hard work by undervaluing their time and investment. If you really didn’t care I don’t think you’d be sticking around this thread, but you sure do seem invested for having no skin in the game.

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

With all due respect I’m not belittling the quality of his work at all. I’m belittling the absurd prices. You call the putter cover”high quality” but the only thing that makes it worth $200 or whatever is the name on it and the amount available. The actual price of the “high quality” cover is less than $24.99 I’m sure. If I was selling putters for $3000 I’d be producing probably 5 or more a day. There’s a reason he doesn’t and isn’t the inability to do so. Same with ball markers and covers. Create a cult willing to pay an ultra premium price and produce just enough to keep getting paid. If he produced more he’d be stuck with a ton of inventory of $50 putters and $1 ball markers that he’d have to sell at less than SC prices with no circle T or limited runs to make up for it. JMO and I guess the absurdity of the prices made it conversation worthy.

With all due respect I’m not belittling the quality of his work at all. I’m belittling the absurd prices. You call the putter cover”high quality” but the only thing that makes it worth $200 or whatever is the name on it and the amount available. The actual price of the “high quality” cover is less than $24.99 I’m sure. If I was selling putters for $3000 I’d be producing probably 5 or more a day. There’s a reason he doesn’t and isn’t the inability to do so. Same with ball markers and covers. Create a cult willing to pay an ultra premium price and produce just enough to keep getting paid. If he produced more he’d be stuck with a ton of inventory of $50 putters and $1 ball markers that he’d have to sell at less than SC prices with no circle T or limited runs to make up for it. JMO and I guess the absurdity of the prices made it conversation worthy.

Fully agree. I saw on his instragram he made 100s of the bottletops and obviously has no problem moving them. It's like a license to print money. I'm jealous, of course.

I'd much prefer to see him work soley on the putters and as you say, produce 5 or more a day. I'd not want my brand to be better known for bottle tops and donut markers alone.

$24.99 ?

What is your deal man? i get it that you dont like the stuff. im cool with that. to each his own and all. but now you are starting to attack people on whats collectible? why are baseball cards or watches collectible? i dont mind constructive criticism, but youre just being a dick. i collect cameron stuff and i dont see you in any of those threads. seriously just leave the thread man. we get it you wouldnt pay $20 for a ball marker. point taken. youre a rebel who cant be told whats cool.

The $55 ball markers are not "ultra premium priced," they're perfect as an entry point for someone who wants to feel like they're a part of a brand without dropping four figures on a putter. That's just Marketing 101. And if you get one and don't like it, you could sell it for a profit in a matter of minutes. Not sure what more you could ask for.

Excellent. If I can't score a Lamb mallet, I wonder if that would fit my Toulon Indianapolis. Odyssey hasn't done a good job of making many cover options for that model.

Here’s the other side. It looks like it probably has the right dimensions but maybe the neck will not fit snug? Idk

BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale

Excellent. If I can't score a Lamb mallet, I wonder if that would fit my Toulon Indianapolis. Odyssey hasn't done a good job of making many cover options for that model.

Here’s the other side. It looks like it probably has the right dimensions but maybe the neck will not fit snug? Idk

Yeah, good question. Only one way to find out ...

$24.99 ?

What is your deal man? i get it that you dont like the stuff. im cool with that. to each his own and all. but now you are starting to attack people on whats collectible? why are baseball cards or watches collectible? i dont mind constructive criticism, but youre just being a dick. i collect cameron stuff and i dont see you in any of those threads. seriously just leave the thread man. we get it you wouldnt pay $20 for a ball marker. point taken. youre a rebel who cant be told whats cool.

VERY well said.

$24.99 ?

Why are so bitter at the world? Bashing TL and other people make you feel better about yourself huh? Keep hating sir, u don't need to worry about how success is defined....