2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Any Edel putter fans?

Xiphos

I have one and think it rocks, does any one else?
I got fitted for my Edel putter by Dave Edel himself. His fitting process is un-believable. ( It is also the seems process Henry Griffiths uses) I would never have believed that it would work like that, but it does.

Does anyone else use his putters?

Driver: HiBore XL 8.5 w/x-stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made RBZ 3-wood w/x-stiff
Irons: Henry Griffiths OS-1 w/TS 85
Wedges: Srixon WG-706
Ball: Not sure?!?!?!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, almost forgot, a big putter maker is lOOking at him to re-dO their milled series Of putters. DOn't think I can say whO, but yOu all knOw their prOducts. I've also heard, I can't confirm but I have been told, that David also hd a hand in the Unitized idea. He also has an invisible hosel system that takes the hosel out of your line of sight. I've never seen it so I don't really know what or how.

Oh, almost forgot, a big putter maker is lOOking at him to re-dO their milled series Of putters. DOn't think I can say whO, but yOu all knOw their prOducts. I've also heard, I can't confirm but I have been told, that David also hd a hand in the Unitized idea. He also has an invisible hosel system that takes the hosel out of your line of sight. I've never seen it so I don't really know what or how.

Nike was looking at him. He does have the invisible hosel and I hear by a friend that has seen it that it is pretty awesome. He also has removable face plates where you can change the loft and the weight with in the putter. I got mine for around 200 dollars, but they are extremly expensive for most people.

Ya I asked why he put the big round one on and not the flat front ones like most use and he said it was becuase the others do not understand putting. I got a great deal on mine I guess because I am in College. What is Unitized? Have you ever met him?

Ya I asked why he put the big round one on and not the flat front ones like most use and he said it was becuase the others do not understand putting. I got a great deal on mine I guess because I am in College. What is Unitized? Have you ever met him?

Campbell kid..nike unitized completely milled from 1 block of material...not pieced together

Campbell kid..nike unitized completely milled from 1 block of material...not pieced together

The Nike Unitized are not milled from a block of material just to clarify. Head is made in China where they are assembled. Shaft is made by True Temper in the U.S. Welded together and then Nickel coated to make it "look" one piece.

The Nike Unitized are not milled from a block of material just to clarify. Head is made in China where they are assembled. Shaft is made by True Temper in the U.S. Welded together and then Nickel coated to make it "look" one piece.

Interesting, thanks for the heads up

• 6 months later...

I am a big believer in David's fitting system. My Scratch putter is made to the exact specs that he fit me into 3+ years ago. My putting and my understanding of putting optics has improved dramatically after being fit by David and watching others bet fit numerous times. I would highly recommend going through this process to anyone looking to improve their putting.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Just want to clear up a few things that were posted. I did not have anything to do with the Unitized process. I welded a shaft to one of my putter heads to see what the feel characteristics were. I wanted to see what the difference between epoxy on a loose fit, epoxy on a tight fit, and fused. The tight fit and the welded shaft sounded the best (Feel?). My good buddy Angelo Gonzalez putted a very good player used it many tournaments in Oregon. The thing looked so ugly, but he loved the feel. Don't know what was made of it, may guess is someone from Nike never saw it, and most likely came up with the idea to produce a better feeling putter.

Clear hosel or Air hosel is a proto that is patented. It has not made it to market and is on the back burner. Cool idea with some merit.

Round grips on a putter is simple. The fitting system has round grips because we have to screw the shafts on to different hosels. Fact is the grip does make a big difference. We have noticed that aim change change upwards of 6 inches because of the grip. If it worked in the fitting process, why change it. THe grips are non tapered round. No edges or flats, simple. If you don't like it change it. Check your aim before and after. If it does not changes push your chips all in.

Thanks for the nice post guys. Just doing it the hard way. No production putters here. I just make them, the fitting process and the players chooses the putter. If someone is does not like the configuration we had over 100 million combinations to choose from, so we are not biased to package.

I enjoyed the nice posts. Good luck.

David

• 2 years later...

[quote name='Xiphos' date='15 July 2007 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1184560618' post='638414']
I got fitted for my Edel putter by Dave Edel himself. His fitting process is un-believable. ( It is also the seems process Henry Griffiths uses) I would never have believed that it would work like that, but it does.

[/quote]
I got fit at Totally Driven in St. Paul and was very impressed with the process. I know my putter is not to blame for my putting woes. I had them build it with a flat front grip which I now believe was a mistake so I recently sent it back to David to get a round grip installed, and to repair some damage caused when my bag fell off my cart and bent the .... out of it. They received it Monday, fixed it and shipped the next day. Awesome service! Like I said, I know that my putter fits me and that when I miss a putt it's because of a bad read or a bad stroke. Most people without a putter fit to them have to add in that third variable.

[quote name='bennythoms' date='30 June 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1277915375' post='2546900']
[quote name='Xiphos' date='15 July 2007 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1184560618' post='638414']

[/quote]
I got fit at Totally Driven in St. Paul and was very impressed with the process. I know my putter is not to blame for my putting woes. I had them build it with a flat front grip which I now believe was a mistake so I recently sent it back to David to get a round grip installed, and to repair some damage caused when my bag fell off my cart and bent the .... out of it. They received it Monday, fixed it and shipped the next day. Awesome service! Like I said, I know that my putter fits me and that when I miss a putt it's because of a bad read or a bad stroke. Most people without a putter fit to them have to add in that third variable.
[/quote]

I have an Edel putter since September 2009. I was fit by David himself at his shop outside of Austin. I am a Professional Golf Management student at Mississippi State University and was fortunate to learn some of the process from David Edel during my fitting. I have also been conducting research on the round grip he turned me on to last fall. My results so far are staggering...... The Round Grip Works!!! From the day i received my putter i have "been rolling the rock!!!" I met up with David at the PGA Show this past winter and I still aim my putter dead on.... I guess i am saying " This process works!!!" I have two very good friends, V.J. Trolio and Tim Yelverton that now are fitters for David at Old Waverly Golf Club in West Point, MS (Site of the 1999 Women's US Open)... If i could recommend any advice to any golfer that wants to play better golf.....Get fit with an Edel, its worth every penny! And learn Aimpoint (the one and only green reading technology) who is also partnered with David Edel.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='JCHPGM' date='05 July 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1278357304' post='2555868']
[quote name='bennythoms' date='30 June 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1277915375' post='2546900']

[/quote]
[/quote]

I have an Edel putter since September 2009. I was fit by David himself at his shop outside of Austin. I am a Professional Golf Management student at Mississippi State University and was fortunate to learn some of the process from David Edel during my fitting. I have also been conducting research on the round grip he turned me on to last fall. My results so far are staggering...... The Round Grip Works!!! From the day i received my putter i have "been rolling the rock!!!" I met up with David at the PGA Show this past winter and I still aim my putter dead on.... I guess i am saying " This process works!!!" I have two very good friends, V.J. Trolio and Tim Yelverton that now are fitters for David at Old Waverly Golf Club in West Point, MS (Site of the 1999 Women's US Open)... If i could recommend any advice to any golfer that wants to play better golf.....Get fit with an Edel, its worth every penny! And learn Aimpoint (the one and only green reading technology) who is also partnered with David Edel.
[/quote]

Just got my new Edel putter recently. Man.....it is awesome! I'm very impressed with the Edel system. Agree with above comment that "it is worth it". Most of the golf equipment I have purchased in my life I don't feel like it ends up being worth it. I need to read about Aimpoint now. Keep up the good work Mr. Edel. Thanks.