2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

NY Yankees

Now that hockey is almost over I have started watching baseball again (ok watching the Yankees). I had heard of Aaron Judge but watching him it is very obvious that he is a monster. His first at bat he smoked a home run that had no arc to the ball. It was a frozen rope that made the upper deck in like 2 seconds. They clocked his escape velocity at 119 mph. He is on his way to becoming a legend.

But the really good news is that the Yanks are stacked this year. Another sophmore, Gary Sanchez is also big and flattens the ball when he hits it. And the rest of their lineup all hit the ball all over the yard. And they are young, unlike most past lineups.

And their pitching staff is also stacked. Louis Severino serves up a 98 fastball, which makes his 90 slider un-hittable. Plus they have Betances and Chapman as closers.

It is really good to see that they are poised to dominate the AL after a bunch of disappointing seasons recently. Although the damn Red Sox are only 3.5 back currently, and the rest of the AL East looks really strong. This is going to be a great season to watch. The Bombers are back!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss watching Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Pettitte, Bernie, O'Neill, and Tino play.

Yeah, that was the last generation of great Yankee teams. I was very sad watching Mariano play his last game. And it was like a hollywood movie when Derek hit a walk off hit in his last game at Fenway and the fans gave him a standing ovation. I gotta admit I have always liked Bostoners as people, just I was genetically programmed to hate the Sox.

I guarantee you will love watching the new Bomber dynasty.

I miss watching Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Pettitte, Bernie, O'Neill, and Tino play.

Yeah, that was the last generation of great Yankee teams. I was very sad watching Mariano play his last game. And it was like a hollywood movie when Derek hit a walk off hit in his last game at Fenway and the fans gave him a standing ovation. I gotta admit I have always liked Bostoners as people, just I was genetically programmed to hate the Sox.

I guarantee you will love watching the new Bomber dynasty.

A lot of great memories from those late 90's and ealy 00's teams. I didn't miss any of Jeter's memorable moments. From the Jeffrey Maier HR to his 3000th hit, watched them all live.

I do believe with the farm system as loaded as it is and what's already in the bigs now the Yankees are ahead of the curve for the next 10 years. Even farther ahead than what they thought.

All the talk about judge and he's dang good but Sanchez is just as good if not better in my opinion. Bird isn't on their level now he's struggled adjusting to major league pitching like most but if he can figure it out he will be the next Tino. There's enough arms that we have now to win. I just hope they don't dump a lot of farm guys near the trade deadline for a high end starter for the rest of the year or a two year rental.

Really excited about the talent that has been developed instead of signed late 30 year old players for way more than their worth.

All I can think is how good this line up would be if we gave Cano the money instead of Jacoby.

Brett Gardner is absolutely 100% without a doubt on steroids, everybody is making comments about how he's gained like 60 pounds in the past year and a half. Last year he hit 7 home runs in 148 games... this year in 1/3 of a season..... the same person has already doubled that amount. Absolutely juicing, and it's not even arguable. Shame shame shame

I miss:

Mickey Rivers CF

Willie Randolf 2B

Thurman Munson C

Reggie Jackson RF

Chris Chamblis 1b

Lou Piniella DH

Craig Nettles 3B

Roy White LF

Bucky Dent SS

Ron Guidry P

Sparky Lyle P

Honorable mention goes to Louis Tiant. I had the pleasure of sitting second row behind home plate when he ptiched once.

JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
Apex Pro Recoil 95 R // Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
Slighter Auburn

I miss:

Mickey Rivers CF

Willie Randolf 2B

Thurman Munson C

Reggie Jackson RF

Chris Chamblis 1b

Lou Piniella DH

Craig Nettles 3B

Roy White LF

Bucky Dent SS

Ron Guidry P

Sparky Lyle P

Honorable mention goes to Louis Tiant. I had the pleasure of sitting second row behind home plate when he ptiched once.

That was the Yankee dynasty I remember as a kid. I remember emulating Roy White's batting style, with the bat close to his side. Ah, the good ol days.

Now that hockey is almost over I have started watching baseball again (ok watching the Yankees). I had heard of Aaron Judge but watching him it is very obvious that he is a monster. His first at bat he smoked a home run that had no arc to the ball. It was a frozen rope that made the upper deck in like 2 seconds. They clocked his escape velocity at 119 mph. He is on his way to becoming a legend.

But the really good news is that the Yanks are stacked this year. Another sophmore, Gary Sanchez is also big and flattens the ball when he hits it. And the rest of their lineup all hit the ball all over the yard. And they are young, unlike most past lineups.

And their pitching staff is also stacked. Louis Severino serves up a 98 fastball, which makes his 90 slider un-hittable. Plus they have Betances and Chapman as closers.

It is really good to see that they are poised to dominate the AL after a bunch of disappointing seasons recently. Although the damn Red Sox are only 3.5 back currently, and the rest of the AL East looks really strong. This is going to be a great season to watch. The Bombers are back!

Love that the Yankees are back on top! Judge, Sanchez and Severino are so exciting to watch. I'm really excited to see if Gleyber Torres is really as good as he is supposed to be. He is supposedly about to make his debut very soon.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | Aldila Tour Green 75TX

5 Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2 | Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 90TX

Hybrid: Adams Red | Fujikura Speeder HB 95X

Irons: Srixon ZX7 MK II | Dynamic Gold TI X100

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 | Dynamic Gold TI S400

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour S CB

I miss:

Mickey Rivers CF

Willie Randolf 2B

Thurman Munson C

Reggie Jackson RF

Chris Chamblis 1b

Lou Piniella DH

Craig Nettles 3B

Roy White LF

Bucky Dent SS

Ron Guidry P

Sparky Lyle P

Oscar Gamble!

I saw that the Yankees just stopped a 7 game losing streak, and the Sox are 1 game in front. Normally I would be worried, but not this year. With a good team losing can be the stone that sharpens the knife.

Sox have a much better team top to bottom. Best starting rotation, best bullpen, one of the best lineups.

We will see come September. Remember Boston is all in this year and we are ahead of the curve. Our farm system is pretty loaded for a change no idea about bostons.

Boston is set with the team they have now, Benintendi, Betts and Bradley Jr. are the best defensive outfield maybe in MLB history, they also are top 3 offensive outfield in the league right now. Bogearts is a top 3 shortstop. Sox have 3 Cy Young winners in the rotation, and their bullpen simply does not give up runs

I saw that the Yankees just stopped a 7 game losing streak, and the Sox are 1 game in front. Normally I would be worried, but not this year. With a good team losing can be the stone that sharpens the knife.

Sox have a much better team top to bottom. Best starting rotation, best bullpen, one of the best lineups.

Sure, but

Theyre still in Boston.

Just ribbin ya ; )

We will see come September. Remember Boston is all in this year and we are ahead of the curve. Our farm system is pretty loaded for a change no idea about bostons.

Boston is set with the team they have now, Benintendi, Betts and Bradley Jr. are the best defensive outfield maybe in MLB history, they also are top 3 offensive outfield in the league right now. Bogearts is a top 3 shortstop. Sox have 3 Cy Young winners in the rotation, and their bullpen simply does not give up runs

Top 3 in the AL, probably 4th best, I'm a sox fan but Seager, Lindor and Correa are better and have a higher ceiling. Not a knock on X though because he is still a cornerstone piece

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

• 1 month later...