2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

St Andrews Old Course lottery closed for 2018 - good luck!

dcmidnight

Closed up last night, good luck to everyone. We applied for 5 days in August - hoping they can squeeze us in!

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Applied for 2 different periods in June, I'm really counting on this selection option, because I don't see the either of the last minute options as something my dad would see as being sure enough things to gamble flight plans, etc. on (rest of us are there for a couple weeks, so not too worried about trying the 48 hour or rolling out early in the morning).

Hope everyone gets the dates they want and if you applied for dates we are looking at, I'm sure you'll get drawn right after we do. ;-)

Also applied for late June/early July...we are going no matter what (12 days in Scotland), just seeing about the dates and working in a whole family trip (golfers & non-golfers), so the result of this will determine our schedule moving around Scotland...wish we didn't have to wait so long.

Not sure why they cant get this sorted in a week or 2? We wont hear until ~mid-Oct correct?

TM R1
TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
Ping TR 1966 Anser2

Not sure why they cant get this sorted in a week or 2? We wont hear until ~mid-Oct correct?

I don't understand this either really, unless they are doing it all manually. I know the lottery covers six months out of the year but it seems like the rest of the application process is pretty automated.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"We are pleased . . ."

What a great way to start a Monday!

Got mine too...wow, surprised considering all the people I have heard didn't get it. Was already making alternate plans.

Confirmed for New Course on June 25 & Old on June 26 (2 persons...maybe that helped?)

TM R1
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
Ping TR 1966 Anser2

Sorry to hijack the thread a little but has anyone ever done the turn up on the day thing to try and get a tee time as a single?

Im there on the 15th oct anyway and wanted to try to get a Tee time.

Can i literally just go to the starters hut really early and queue up?

I haven't actually done it...but that is what I've heard. You are not in high season so maybe good chance. Seen posts that most people try to get there at ~5 am? And generally get out by 12 noon (if lucky day)...good luck!

TM R1
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
Ping TR 1966 Anser2

Sorry to hijack the thread a little but has anyone ever done the turn up on the day thing to try and get a tee time as a single?

As a single it should not be an issue to get out especially this late into the season. FWIW the Queue started around midnight to 1am when I was there in Aug. Prob do not need to queue up that early this time of year.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

"We are pleased . . ."

Got mine too...wow, surprised considering all the people I have heard didn't get it. Was already making alternate plans.

Confirmed for New Course on June 25 & Old on June 26 (2 persons...maybe that helped?)

We are confirmed for Castle the 25th and Old on the 26th of June. I'm floating about the office this morning and wish everyone on here had gotten the news they were hoping for. Woke up early this morning and noticed the email had been there for an hour (slacker!).

My dates were pretty flexible which may have helped, just checked their busy dates and applied for a couple of overlapping periods over 3 1/2 weeks in June and our Old Course tee time is on the very last of my dates.

I've got a very excited family and one extremely excited daughter in particular! Already booked flights and am very happy with the prices and times, couldn't have worked out better.

We would have tried the alternate routes to get on once there and that would have been just fine with us, but with a guaranteed time now I can start working on my dad to join us for the last of our trip for the St. Andrews part which is why I was really hoping for the email I got today. He just turned 80, can still play pretty good so I know he'd enjoy the playing aspect, just need some things to come together in some other ways so he'll feel comfortable leaving home for a few days and I'd already started working on those behind the scenes. ;-) Heck, I enjoy any time he and I can get out and do anything together, but this will mean so much more to me if he is there (and he will love it).

I'm bustin' Jerry!

As a single it should not be an issue to get out especially this late into the season. FWIW the Queue started around midnight to 1am when I was there in Aug. Prob do not need to queue up that early this time of year.

God i hope not lol was thinking of going about 5am and trying my luck, i'm presuming i literally just go the starters hut and queue?

God i hope not lol was thinking of going about 5am and trying my luck, i'm presuming i literally just go the starters hut and queue?

All the information on playing the Old is on their website. Including the guidance for walk ups.

https://www.standrews.com/play/courses/old-course/booking-the-old-course

My advice would be to get there no later than 5am. Though there are heaters above the benches now.

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

All the information on playing the Old is on their website. Including the guidance for walk ups.

https://www.standrew...-the-old-course

My advice would be to get there no later than 5am. Though there are heaters above the benches now.

Yeah thanks, i did read that but didn't know if there was some sort of etiquette i need to follow as obviously never done it before, i'm presuming i wont need my clubs when i go, i would imagine i would have plenty of time to sort that, if i get a tee time that is

https://www.standrew...-the-old-course

Yeah thanks, i did read that but didn't know if there was some sort of etiquette i need to follow as obviously never done it before, i'm presuming i wont need my clubs when i go, i would imagine i would have plenty of time to sort that, if i get a tee time that is

No worries, I would turn up fully ready to play mate. You could be away in the first tee time of the day.

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

Our foursome application for late June was not successful. Congrats to those who received the "We are pleased..." email yesterday and were able to secure a reservation.

We are still going to make the trip since all of the other arrangements are booked (air, car, hotel). Does anyone have an idea as to the percentage of start times that were available through this lottery? TIA.

Our foursome application for late June was not successful. Congrats to those who received the "We are pleased..." email yesterday and were able to secure a reservation.

We are still going to make the trip since all of the other arrangements are booked (air, car, hotel). Does anyone have an idea as to the percentage of start times that were available through this lottery? TIA.

I thought someone on here has said the majority of times are saved for 48 hour ballot. They said about 50 percent. Then you would assume 30 percent for advanced booking and another 20 percent for tour operators.

So you would think chances are decent giving it a couple days

IIRC the following are granted a percentage of tee times

Annual Pre draw (now) 15-25%

Members reserved blocks or members ballot 20-30%

48 Hour Ballot 50%

Members Dark Times (late afternoon tee times usually 3-3:30 or later. 5-10%

Tour Operators 5%

No Idea the actual percentages but form talking to a member my best guess above.

Also for those not drawn especially singles and 2 balls do not be afraid to go back in the afternoon and ask the starter what are your odds of getting out. A lot of times once the morning queue is cleared and the people who were not successful(if any) have gone, there is a reasonable chance of getting out during the members dark time period. These spots do not get assigned in the overnight queue as it is 100% up to the playing member to decided if they want to allow a visitor to join them. Many do some dont. Talking to the starter is never a bad thing, they have a really good idea of the tee sheet and will give you solid advice on best chances. If no luck in the 48 hour ballot a foursomes best chance might be to split up into two twosomes.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

"We are pleased . . ."

LOL, if you hear "Fore!" on the 26th it may be me - duck!

Done it numerous times. Thankful to not have to do so anymore as I am now a member of SAGC. Just go to the started early and get in line. The starter usually gets there at 6 or so and takes everyone's name in order. Shouldn't have an issue getting in. Much easier to do so as a single. Also try the New Course. That and the Jubilee are every bit as good if not better than the Old. They just don't have the history. Good luck. IM me if you need any additional info.

I will add playing during the members dark times is pretty awesome the shadows get long and the contours of the land really pop in the evening sun. Not to mention on a clear day the R&A clubhouse is lit up by the sun at your back and it makes for some great pics coming in.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

• 5 weeks later...

Have been succesfull for 4 players in July 20th, the Open weekend... :-)

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5° - Project X HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 60 6.0

Fairway: Cobra Aerojet 18° - MCA Kai'li Blue 60 S

Hybrid: Cobra LTDx 19° - KBS PGI 85 S

Irons: MP-20 MMC (4-PW) - KBS Tour S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (50.08F), SM9 (54.14F, 58.08M) - KBS Tour S (50), TT Dynamic Gold S300 (54, 58)

Putter: TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Flow Neck - KBS CT Tour

Ball: Titleist Pro V1