2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Joe Buck

jranderson110

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commentator threads here turn negative pretty quickly. I have learn the majority of WRX listen to sports on mute with the exception of Jim Mackay (Bones). For some reason he is the only voice of sports that forum users have shown is tolerable.

In the spirit of staying positive, I will say I've been extremely impressed with Tony Romo in the booth.

Commentator threads here turn negative pretty quickly. I have learn the majority of WRX listen to sports on mute with the exception of Jim Mackay (Bones). For some reason he is the only voice of sports that forum users have shown is tolerable.

In the spirit of staying positive, I will say I've been extremely impressed with Tony Romo in the booth.

Seriously? I think he is the worst I have heard in a long time. While I am not a Cowboys fan I was hoping Romo would be a decent announcer. He is painful to listen to right now. Maybe once he gets some more experience under his belt he will get better.

While I'm not a hug Joe Buck fan I can mostly tune out the nonsense. I can't ever remember listening to any sporting event set to mute because I don't like the announcer.

Seriously? I think he is the worst I have heard in a long time. While I am not a Cowboys fan I was hoping Romo would be a decent announcer. He is painful to listen to right now. Maybe once he gets some more experience under his belt he will get better.

While I'm not a hug Joe Buck fan I can mostly tune out the nonsense. I can't ever remember listening to any sporting event set to mute because I don't like the announcer.

Romo does have some inexperience that's evident with some dead airtime, however, his knowledge of the modern game of football far surpasses anyone in the booth today, for obvious reasons. I get so tired of Collinsworth's and Aikman's "well this is how we did it" talks, when the game is so different now. Also, does anyone know why Aikman's eyes are always so bloodshot?

I am a Cowboy fan and can say that I totally agree.... he is painful to listen to, but it may just be he needs some more time in there. On the other hand, I do not mind Joe Buck... I do not understand the hate for the guy but I am obviously in the minority. I would rather listen to Buck than NBIII... even I can't believe I just said that but its true.

Titleist TSR2 10* GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 3H  Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless 34"

Okay, back to Buck...I’m a life long St. Louis (area) Cardinals fan. Joe’s dad, Jack, is deservedly a Cardinal HOF’er as a broadcaster. Initially, Joe seemed destined to follow in his father’s footprints, and for a time he was a very good local guy. Then he went national. Now he bends so far over backwards to appear unbiased, whenever he draws a Cardinal assignment, that he comes across as biased against the team his dad labored so long for and that he, himself, cut his teeth listening to and learning his professional craft with. So in that context, he is extremely difficult to listen to. And unfortunately that creeps into my perception, even in his non-Cardinal work. YMMV

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

Okay, back to Buck...I'm a life long St. Louis (area) Cardinals fan. Joe's dad, Jack, is deservedly a Cardinal HOF'er as a broadcaster. Initially, Joe seemed destined to follow in his father's footprints, and for a time he was a very good local guy. Then he went national. Now he bends so far over backwards to appear unbiased, whenever he draws a Cardinal assignment, that he comes across as biased against the team his dad labored so long for and that he, himself, cut his teeth listening to and learning his professional craft with. So in that context, he is extremely difficult to listen to. And unfortunately that creeps into my perception, even in his non-Cardinal work. YMMV

Except when it comes to KC... he hates KC, and KC hates Joe. Here in lies my bias.

eh, my beef with him is his biased approach. as a Cowboys fan even Aikman comes off against the Cowboys sometimes (which i know not every play can go for them). I would prefer Thom Brennaman for both Fox NFL and MLB over Buck. maybe even Matt Vasgersian and his yelling for Home Runs!!!

side note - Fox MLB needs to bring back the MLB theme music and not NFL music for all sports. also, TBS baseball is not enjoyable IMO.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

• 2 weeks later...

I wish commentary was optional. When you buy a ticket to the game you hear the stadium noises and maybe the PA announcer. We can see for ourselves what's going on and people like John Madden kind of insult our intelligence. I guess it's the American Way though, can't go anywhere without someone somewhere talking your ear off. At least do it well like Vin Scully did, a 'less is more' type of approach.

Lamkin Crossline - my favorite golf product ever

UW Huskies

Romo lacks experience in the booth but his insight is 2nd to none in terms of what an offense or defense is going to do or should do. He is reading defenses for us and showing us how the QB should adjust, no one else has done that analysis to the level Romo does. If you want to compare him to other first year broadcasters, give a listen to Rex Ryan, Rex is the true definition of awful.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Romo lacks experience in the booth but his insight is 2nd to none in terms of what an offense or defense is going to do or should do. He is reading defenses for us and showing us how the QB should adjust, no one else has done that analysis to the level Romo does. If you want to compare him to other first year broadcasters, give a listen to Rex Ryan, Rex is the true definition of awful.

yeah Romo is not your typical analyst like all the others. he's given the game a whole different approach for what the user looks for. he's describing things that the viewer normally doesn't look for or see on the play/replay. i think it's great.

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S

I will also say, John Smoltz is great. Analyzes similarly to Romo, but is a bit more polished in the delivery. I enjoy Smoltzy enough that I can almost forget how much I can't stand Joe Buck.

Smoltz is great. better than McCarver & whoever else they had after Tim left.

915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S