2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Club Champion Fitting

We just got a Club Champion here in Pittsburgh. I like my driver, but feel I'm leaving yards on the table by having self fit the shaft. I'd like to get fit for a new shaft and was the thinking about scheduling an appointment with them. Does the price of the fitting ($150 for driver) get credited towards the purchase of the equipment or would I have to pay the fitting cost them sticker price for a new shaft?

Titleist TSi3 / Ventus Red

Titleist TSi2 16.5* / Oban Kiyoshi Purple

Srixon ZX 21* / Tensei Pro White

Mizuno CLK 22* / VA Slay

Titleist T100 5-9 / Modus 120

Mizuno T20  46/6, 50/7, 55/13, 60/6 / DG TI S400

Toulon Portland

Srixon Z Star Diamond

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No credit towards clubs. I would never tell someone not to be fitted, unfortunately I didn't have the best fitting process at club champion. I told them I wasn't looking for distance, and that is what they went with. I hit the ball fairly long (6-iron fitting where I already carry about 205) and they made a big deal about gaining me 8 yards. Well most would be glad, but when I'm 20 yards offline it doesn't matter that I gained distance. I ended up finding a shaft that fit me and went from there. Honestly, I've never hit irons so bad in my life.

Just be honest with your fitting and hopefully your fitter will understand your situation.

No credit towards clubs. I would never tell someone not to be fitted, unfortunately I didn't have the best fitting process at club champion. I told them I wasn't looking for distance, and that is what they went with. I hit the ball fairly long (6-iron fitting where I already carry about 205) and they made a big deal about gaining me 8 yards. Well most would be glad, but when I'm 20 yards offline it doesn't matter that I gained distance. I ended up finding a shaft that fit me and went from there. Honestly, I've never hit irons so bad in my life.

Just be honest with your fitting and hopefully your fitter will understand your situation.

Oban or Accra?

Oban or Accra?

For irons, they put me in steelfibers. I have since switched out and the difference in very noticable.

I had a driver fitting at Club Champion toward the end of last year. As stated above, the cost of the fitting does not go toward any clubs/shafts you purchase. I actually already had the driver head that I wanted to use, and went there to be fit for the best shaft to combine with that head, which they were able to do. Overall, I had a good experience, and ended up with a shaft/head combo that I really enjoy.

That being said, I'm not sure I'd go back for a fitting at Club Champion. Not because of my experience there, just because of being fit on a simulator. If you are not used to hitting into a screen, it can throw you off quite a bit. Being a 2 handicap, I have a pretty good sense of my swing and the shot shapes that I typically produce, and sometimes what you see on screen is different from what you feel. This caused me to start second guessing my swing, and making unnecessary adjustments.

From now on I will only do outdoor fittings, so I can see my real ball flight. Keep this in mind when going for a Club Champion fitting if you are not accustomed to hitting into a simulator.

Is this advertised somewhere? Thinking about a club fitting in Indianapolis early next month. Didn't see any coupons or discounts on their website.

They are offering 50% off a full bag fitting or 33% off all other fittings until May 15 2018. I've been thinking about doing the full bag mostly for lie angle and gapping of irons. You don't get $ off the club purchase but you also don't have to buy anything from them

I had great results with an Oban Tour Limited in "mini-access" to a fitting with Impact Precision Golf.

Thing is, there's no way in hell I'm gonna fork over the $$ for that shaft.

TollBros (or anyone else in the know), can you recommend any other shafts with profiles comparable to the Tour Limited 60x?

Edit: Sorry for the thread jack. I was piggybacking on TollBros' comment above about Oban and Accra, the two expensive OEMs who also pay the highest commissions.

Callaway Fusion 9º •• Matrix 75M4 X
TM 2016 M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65X
Callaway Apex 20º •• PX Evenflow Black 80HY X
Adams CMB 24º–46º •• DG TI S400
TM MG 50º •• PX LZ 5.5
TM MG 54º •• DG S200
Mizuno T20 60º/06º •• DG S400
Toulon Atlanta 35"

I had a driver fitting at Club Champion toward the end of last year. As stated above, the cost of the fitting does not go toward any clubs/shafts you purchase. I actually already had the driver head that I wanted to use, and went there to be fit for the best shaft to combine with that head, which they were able to do. Overall, I had a good experience, and ended up with a shaft/head combo that I really enjoy.

That being said, I'm not sure I'd go back for a fitting at Club Champion. Not because of my experience there, just because of being fit on a simulator. If you are not used to hitting into a screen, it can throw you off quite a bit. Being a 2 handicap, I have a pretty good sense of my swing and the shot shapes that I typically produce, and sometimes what you see on screen is different from what you feel. This caused me to start second guessing my swing, and making unnecessary adjustments.

From now on I will only do outdoor fittings, so I can see my real ball flight. Keep this in mind when going for a Club Champion fitting if you are not accustomed to hitting into a simulator.

I completely agree. I hit a few balls that the monitor/trackman said were completely different then they felt. I also feel like I swing a little different with the monitor and I tend to aim a little left of where the target was. If I do another fitting, it will be outside.

Is this advertised somewhere? Thinking about a club fitting in Indianapolis early next month. Didn't see any coupons or discounts on their website.

They are offering 50% off a full bag fitting or 33% off all other fittings until May 15 2018. I've been thinking about doing the full bag mostly for lie angle and gapping of irons. You don't get $ off the club purchase but you also don't have to buy anything from them

They have that promotion when a new store opens and it lasts a couple of months. Club Champion has many new stores opening, so if you want that promotion you should go to one of their newly opened stores.

You should reach out to your fitter and tell them that your experience wasn't as you had hoped. I know people who have reached out to them and Club Champion made everything right. They have a perfect fit guaranteed, and they stand firmly behind that promise.

Thanks, I'll call ask my nearest store about a discount.

They have that promotion when a new store opens and it lasts a couple of months. Club Champion has many new stores opening, so if you want that promotion you should go to one of their newly opened stores.

• 5 weeks later...

Where did you see this 50% off discount?

They are offering 50% off a full bag fitting or 33% off all other fittings until May 15 2018. I’ve been thinking about doing the full bag mostly for lie angle and gapping of irons. You don’t get $ off the club purchase but you also don’t have to buy anything from them