ben hogan ft worth black irons

My poor credit card :(

Use BH’s partner to finance the clubs. However, I traded up my previous set of Apex 16 combo set (4-PW) and another set of s56 (4-9) which helped a lot to purchase the Black. Great deal for forgiving and high-quality blades! After a brief time at the range, I am looking forward to my first hole-in-one soon :)

13.5 BRNR | 19* G430 3H | 22* G430 4H
NL 480-TC 5-PW | MG4 TW 56* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
| Pro V1

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could get these with AMT’s rather than have someone else install them. My biggest draw back right now. I’m not sure the KBS Tour V X flex is a fit for me is all.

Black shafts would be slick but maybe it’s too much black??

Not being a Hogan apologist at all as I truly believe their shaft offerings are holding them back from getting recognition they deserve, especially from better players. If they aren't going to buck up for more shaft offerings then they need to have a heads only option. That would solve a lot of their issues IMO. I understand they dont want to be seen as a component company but a compromise has to be made somewhere and that is one that would work for both sides. I'm pretty sure a lot of better players would prefer if all the OEMs had a head only option and it could even get them a greater boost in sales and recognition in the long run.

With all of that said I would consider trying the tour v before making your decision. It ended up fitting my needs perfectly and is my go to shaft now. I have unique needs so that won't be the case for everyone but worth a try IMO.

Anyway I'm going to write Tyler an email pointing out this thread and others where everyone says they want more shaft options. I'll suggest the head only option even though I have already in the past. If anyone would like to see that option from Hogan definitely post about it here or email them yourselves. They are listening to what people say and if we provide them with an undeniable demand they will have to do something.

I wish I could get these with AMT’s rather than have someone else install them. My biggest draw back right now. I’m not sure the KBS Tour V X flex is a fit for me is all.

Not being a Hogan apologist at all as I truly believe their shaft offerings are holding them back from getting recognition they deserve, especially from better players. If they aren't going to buck up for more shaft offerings then they need to have a heads only option. That would solve a lot of their issues IMO. I understand they dont want to be seen as a component company but a compromise has to be made somewhere and that is one that would work for both sides. I'm pretty sure a lot of better players would prefer if all the OEMs had a head only option and it could even get them a greater boost in sales and recognition in the long run.

With all of that said I would consider trying the tour v before making your decision. It ended up fitting my needs perfectly and is my go to shaft now. I have unique needs so that won't be the case for everyone but worth a try IMO.

Anyway I'm going to write Tyler an email pointing out this thread and others where everyone says they want more shaft options. I'll suggest the head only option even though I have already in the past. If anyone would like to see that option from Hogan definitely post about it here or email them yourselves. They are listening to what people say and if we provide them with an undeniable demand they will have to do something.

Spot on. Heads only would solve most of my issues. But I’d still prefer the professionals at Hogan to install, cut, and bend over the local golf galaxy.

I’m tall and have a flawed swing that works for me. I’ve accepted it and I know how to work around it. Smooth steady takeaway with an aggressive transition down firing hips through as hard as I can. My left arm doesn’t always stay straight, especially in my longer irons and woods. My 3/4 swings are smooth and steady, less rotation all around, softer hands.

I played Ctaper 130X in Mizzy’s a few years ago, loved them except for at the end of a long hot day, long irons especially, I struggled to load the heavier shaft properly. So I went to the DG AMT X100 in my irons and voila, it’s been heavenly ever since. Even added a 2 iron to the bag which I never thought possible.

So I’m very partial to my gamers because of that. I’d have to pay $700 for the blacks, $300 roughly for the shafts again, pay someone to pull shafts, install new shafts cut and regrip. Easily looking to spend $1200. The ferrules wouldn’t be the same though. And the grips are never quite aligned right either it seems unless done by the OEM.

Matching black equalizers would also look sharp in the bag alongside the Black Ft Worth’s ;)

Really great review there and you have convinced me to hit them the next time I'm in a store that stocks them.

I hit the 15s when they first came out as they got a lot of publicity and seemed to perform well.

Not in a position to change at the moment but the detail and passion in your review is inspiring! Thanks!

Thanks for the nice words! I'm happy to have inspired you to try them. Only issue is they do direct to consumer so they wont be stocked in any store but they do have an inexpensive demo program where they ship you a couple to try.

Spot on. Heads only would solve most of my issues. But I’d still prefer the professionals at Hogan to install, cut, and bend over the local golf galaxy.

I’m tall and have a flawed swing that works for me. I’ve accepted it and I know how to work around it. Smooth steady takeaway with an aggressive transition down firing hips through as hard as I can. My left arm doesn’t always stay straight, especially in my longer irons and woods. My 3/4 swings are smooth and steady, less rotation all around, softer hands.

I played Ctaper 130X in Mizzy’s a few years ago, loved them except for at the end of a long hot day, long irons especially, I struggled to load the heavier shaft properly. So I went to the DG AMT X100 in my irons and voila, it’s been heavenly ever since. Even added a 2 iron to the bag which I never thought possible.

So I’m very partial to my gamers because of that. I’d have to pay $700 for the blacks, $300 roughly for the shafts again, pay someone to pull shafts, install new shafts cut and regrip. Easily looking to spend $1200. The ferrules wouldn’t be the same though. And the grips are never quite aligned right either it seems unless done by the OEM.

Matching black equalizers would also look sharp in the bag alongside the Black Ft Worth’s ;)

Well it sounds like you have found your shaft so it would obviously be better for them to carry it or sell just heads. As is it gets too expensive to reshaft and you completely waste a set of shafts and grips. I think these irons compete with any others on the market but part of the appeal is the great value. That is way less of a factor at $1200.

The first image from top: outdoor sunlight under the shade

Second and third images: outdoor sunlight directly to irons

Used to play 712MB. You can see why I decided to go with the black irons :) Now, we need new TK black wedges along with FtW Black set!

| Pro V1

The first image from top: outdoor sunlight under the shade

Second and third images: outdoor sunlight directly to irons

Used to play 712MB. You can see why I decided to go with the black irons :) Now, we need new TK black wedges along with FtW Black set!

The black looks good. i do think that head shape is a bit different. Then again, it could just be an illusion due to the color.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

This is my hold up. I picked up a 3 and 4 ft worth hi to go with my baby blades. I had to pull the tour v shafts because they didn’t work for me but once I had my shaft in them they are amazing. So I wanted the blacks as a back up set. However, between buying them, buying shafts and then the install the total cost really adds up.

Love they way the blacks look.

G400 lst digital loft at 9 playing at 8
G400 3w. Xtorsion Black 80tx
G400 5w. Ad-di 8x
20 and 24 ft worth hi
5-pw Miura BB with x100 ti
60 mack daddy forged
Nike 006 proto

This is my hold up. I picked up a 3 and 4 ft worth hi to go with my baby blades. I had to pull the tour v shafts because they didn’t work for me but once I had my shaft in them they are amazing. So I wanted the blacks as a back up set. However, between buying them, buying shafts and then the install the total cost really adds up.

Love they way the blacks look.

We share our love of the baby blades and ft worth hi so I'm guessing you would love the blacks too. Not trying to push you as I probably wouldn't have gotten them if I had to go through all that and waste all that money and time. But I will say it's hard to do better with two iron sets than BBs and Ft Worths (either). Really hope they get some more shafts ASAP so you guys can get your hands on them.

Where does this rank in heel-to-toe length vs similar clubs? Is it as compact as a Baby Blade? A Callaway Apex MB? TM 730? Wilson V6?

Curious to know. Hard to tell by the photos how it compares. Sure are nice looking.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Where does this rank in heel-to-toe length vs similar clubs? Is it as compact as a Baby Blade? A Callaway Apex MB? TM 730? Wilson V6?

Curious to know. Hard to tell by the photos how it compares. Sure are nice looking.

Pretty long for a blade IMO. I honestly think of them as a players cavity in size and playability, they just look like a blade. I haven't directly compared but I've handled the 965s and they too are a big blade and I suspect they are very close in size.

Knowing you recently got the CB 57s I took some comparison pics for you. Can only do 3 iron in CB because it's all I have. The Hogans are the slightest bit bigger. CB 57 and Baby Blade below:

^ Thanks very much! Offers a great comparison. I find the CB57 to be very manageable size-wise. The Hogans are the best looking black club out there.

I almost pulled the trigger on them. But sent an email with a question 2 weeks ago and no reply. Plus I have a set of the chrome ft worth heads. Went to build them up a week or so ago and the head weights are all over the place. Basically just random, was pretty disappointing really. Has any one checked their swing weights on the new ones? Or head weights for any one that may have reshafted them? But I love the look of them. And use the tk wedges as my gamers

I almost pulled the trigger on them. But sent an email with a question 2 weeks ago and no reply. Plus I have a set of the chrome ft worth heads. Went to build them up a week or so ago and the head weights are all over the place. Basically just random, was pretty disappointing really. Has any one checked their swing weights on the new ones? Or head weights for any one that may have reshafted them? But I love the look of them. And use the tk wedges as my gamers

Are Hogans forged in China?

That's disappointing on both counts! I've had good success communicating with them on Facebook as opposed to email but that shouldn't be required. They need to respond to everyone without fail.

Headweights very disappointing to hear too. Both my sets came out swing weighted correctly thankfully.

I’ve got 2 sets of PTx and my head weights are all are good. I have one 8 iron head that’s a couple grams light but the rest are within a gram tolerance either way.

So I tried to demo these clubs I live in Canada I talk to somebody on Twitter and on Facebook and they said this item would be available finally after waiting months it shows up as graphite in stock demo.

I try to order them and it comes up saying $570 shipping I speak to somebody on Facebook about it and he responds oh we don't deliver to Canada that's why we put $570 for shipping.

I asked why don't you just block any non USA orders or why don't you put on your webpage that you can't order unless you're from the USA.

He replied saying it clearly does say that. I say your wrong and don't know your own webpage. I suggest you look at the screenshot. His reply?

Nothing.

Why don't you put that on the page or better yet also block any non USA orders of the demo irons.

His response. Nothing.

I can't believe they strongly suggest on their own site to put their clubs you can't buy or try out anywhere in the world in your hands thru a demo order but then say USA only.

Who outside the USA is going to risk ordering of you can't see it in person and try it in person otherwise your rolling the dice they work for you.

After this exchange I hope this in and out and in and out of bankruptcy company goes down.

By the way before you slam me I did love their pictures and design.

I also if the guy had replied with "my bad I thought that this was on our website we will fix this" then I would've understood.

But to reply to me saying there's an error and ordering demo clubs showed with $570 shipping and he casually said yep that's right. Wet put a high amount on there too dissuade people from ordering.

Well you dissuaded me alright.

I was drawn into PTx and tried the demo. I did really like the clubs until Ft Worth Black release in time to make my final decision and went with FtW Black. Glad I made a right decision.

I had KBS Tour-V Stiff shafts which was not a good fit with PTx and went with X for the Black set. After the demo experience and comparison between PTx and Black, I’m hitting straighter with the Black while PTx tends to draw more. Maybe it's the clubhead designed with weights to turn more than the Black. I'm so confident with 6-PW so far! The distance might be 1/2 club weaker than PTx which has stronger loft specs.

Is it possible for Ben Hogan Golf to have a fitting system like other companies so we could try different shafts on-site instead of pulling them out to try others?

| Pro V1

Cheaper to order a full set, with shipping to Canada.

Really not a big deal to ship to Canada. Tbey could just set up their demo program to include the giant country to the north. Or else offer a 30-day return policy for buyers who take the plunge.