Mavrik  max 10.5 *  hzrdus t1100 2* adapter
Epic flash 3 wood Hzrdus yellow 85
3 iron PXG 0811 gen 2 0311X Mitsubishi 105 mmt 
4-PW Titleist t100s limited black px lz 
50 Taylormade hi toe px

54 Taylormade hi toe px
60 Taylormade hi toe px 

Toulon Austin garage 

In the process of building a classic club bag.

I just order a 2-SW set Dynapower 71-72 edition. About to pull the trigger on a Acushnet Bullseye.

I need some suggests for persimmons.

If possible include, please include pics with your suggestion.

I am away from my clubs at the moment but I would love to post some pics for you later. Could you give us an idea of what shaft you would normally play in a driver? Many of the classic persimmons for sale have really flexible and unlabeled steel shafts. I always look for true temper s300, s400, x100.

In the process of building a classic club bag.

I just order a 2-SW set Dynapower 71-72 edition. About to pull the trigger on a Acushnet Bullseye.

I need some suggests for persimmons.

If possible include, please include pics with your suggestion.

I am away from my clubs at the moment but I would love to post some pics for you later. Could you give us an idea of what shaft you would normally play in a driver? Many of the classic persimmons for sale have really flexible and unlabeled steel shafts. I always look for true temper s300, s400, x100.

Kuro-Kage 70g X-flex

I have had hard time finding x100 period in classic clubs

Doh! If only I would have read your signature. We play the same Iron shafts so something tells me you like that smooth feel and release in your clubs.

Looks like your setup would be very similar as well. I play only classic clubs these days and find that I enjoy golf like a kid first taking up the game. I generally play a 10 degree driver with a 16 degree fairway and 20 degree 2 iron. I find decent drivers are pretty easy to come by but fairway woods are tricky. People will have a million opinions on the value and price of classic equipment, but I have come to believe that 50-100 bucks is a fair price for a well maintained driver. I think this is an example of a great starting point for someone that has solid swing and games his clubs accordingly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cleveland-Classic-USA-TC-15-Persimmon-Wood-Driver-Dynamic-Gold-S400-Steel-Shaft/132844817881?hash=item1eee2b0dd9:g:IU0AAOSwPjhb37FS:rk:4:pf:0

Ooooh yeah that's the stuff right there. Welcome to the Buttonback Club! Beautiful and very fine playing irons. Very cool that you got the somewhat rare sand iron too. You're correct on the dates at 1971-72. What shafts are in them? They should have a colored band around them 6" up from the hosel: black for regular and red for stiff. The lofts are pretty old-skool with the PW around 50 or 51 degrees. These irons are pretty soft so it'd be a good idea to have the lofts & lies checked. I have several sets and they all were in need of adjustment. I have the proper specs here somewhere so I'll look em' up and post.

Have fun and definitely let us know how they treat you!

Ooooh yeah that's the stuff right there. Welcome to the Buttonback Club! Beautiful and very fine playing irons. Very cool that you got the somewhat rare sand iron too. You're correct on the dates at 1971-72. What shafts are in them? They should have a colored band around them 6" up from the hosel: black for regular and red for stiff. The lofts are pretty old-skool with the PW around 50 or 51 degrees. These irons are pretty soft so it'd be a good idea to have the lofts & lies checked. I have several sets and they all were in need of adjustment. I have the proper specs here somewhere so I'll look em' up and post.

Have fun and definitely let us know how they treat you!

Red band. Thanks for the information and look forward to the data!

As posted by Gsea33 in another thread:

2i  21*  38.5"  57*

3i  24 38  58

4i  27   37.5 59

5i  31 37   60

6i  35   36.5 61

7i  39   36.25  62

8i  43   35.75  63

9i  47   35.25  63

P   51   35.25  64

S   55   35.25  64

These are the factory specs. In my opinion these irons play best at these lofts as it keeps the designed bounce angles intact.

Irons finally arrived! Got a couple swings in. I really enjoyed the compact long irons.

I was told these were a 71-72 vintage. Is this correct?

Still digging around for a putter, bag, a 3w and driver.

I have a bag on eBay. Bought it NOS and used it twice. Happy to give you a discount especially to avoid eBay fees.

If interested, PM and let me know your location so we can see what it would take to ship to you. No hard feelings if it's not what you want. If I'm shipping to you, can include a couple persimmons too just for the heck of it. I have a lot, but nothing fancy.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273224741934

Also, those irons look great! Nice find

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

I thought I was going to pull the trigger on the bulleyes... but then I started digging there is so much out there.

Post what you're putting with!

As you delve deeper into this classic club thing, you'll find we change the implements depending on whim and fancy. Never get dependent on just one (or six) putters, as "there is so much out there".

All to often, Bullseye's are thought of as one particular style. The "Old Standard" (designated as OS in the sole stamping). But there have been numerous models of differing styles during their era. Happen to like the "Heavy Blade" (HB on the stamping) in particular. The blade is thicker than the standard. Use it to practice with when the stroke goes askew. No sloppiness allowed, forces one to execute a smooth stroke. Bullseyes can be found on the cheap. Don't think I've ever paid more than $3.00 for one when scrounging around at the local purveyors of fine golf implements (i.e thrift stores).

You now own a set of Buttonbacks. Seems as though the natural putter to accompany them would be a Wilson Staff. 8802 style in particular. Original '64 Wilson 8802's are prohibitively expensive. But there are a number of subsequent remakes that can be had on the cheap. While not an exact 8802 replica (close enough), have a Wilson Original 600 Geo Low that has seen the course. Problem is I putt for shizzle with a heel shafted putter. May hack my way around with classic implements, but once I reach the green, want to give myself the best opportunity to make a few putts.

Spalding TPM (Designed by T. P Mills) putters have a following amongst the group. Multiple model styles across three (or four) release vintages. Always fashionable in a classic bag.

And lastly, a potentially controversial choice. Some may argue that it doesn't sufficiently fit the classic criteria. I do not subscribe to that opinion. A Ping Anser. The putter that I most often reach for when putting together a classic bag. Would be period correct to go along with the Buttonbacks. If one has a 85029 model, better yet. (A Dalehead would be primo, but those are more rare and pricey.) Weight it up with a few layers of high-density lead tape on the sole if need be. And only a classic Pingman grip please. Anything else is not acceptable. Be a baller. The one classic putter that I have the most confidence with actually playing on a semi-regular basis.

And on a personal note, thrifting a 029 Anser was what brought me into these nether regions in the first place. Searching for info on what I had acquired. All that has transpired subsequently can be blamed on that singular occurrence. A scant 5+ years ago. My golfing life would be simpler if I hadn't bought that putter.

My classic bag, my criteria. FWIW.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I thought I was going to pull the trigger on the bulleyes... but then I started digging there is so much out there.

Post what you're putting with!

By your command!

The actual putter here (MacGregor Jackie Pung Autograph) is not so important, this is the style I prefer: a true, no-nonsense blade with a fair bit of offset. There are zillions of these around, and I like them to the point of them being in my #1 bag as my #1 putter (and it looks weird next to a 2014 Big Bertha Alpha I must admit.

Another option, depending on your goals (a set of clubs from the same era/maker vs any old club you can find) is to drop a hickory-shafted putter into the bag. There is nothing softer and sweeter than the stroke of a hickory putter, and if I hadn’t broken the shaft on mine (long story) I’d still have that in the bag.

Edit: Perhaps a something like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/WILSON-SAM-SNEAD-PUTTER-VINTAGE-35/312418601983?hash=item48bd998bff:g:WSMAAOSwEJ1cM2QN

The best part about putters is they really don’t need to do a whole lot, so really cheap meh ones can play as well as modern ones.

This was my experience regarding shaft flex.

I had to throttle down significantly to consistently get the ball on the screws with persimmon. Normally I play stiff, borderline x-stiff shafts in irons and woods with modern equipment. Stiff in persimmon has worked just fine for me and even some regular flex if I really smooth it.

ymmv.

Here are pics of a putter like the one used bu a pro that probably was one of the best to ever play clubs like the ones you now have. If you like mallet head putters. I play with a sixties bullseye and even though I have a bunch of bullseyes and a lot of others I still go back to the mallet. If you think you might like it , I’ll send it to you. Pm me. Postage only.