2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Apex 19 hybrid

Z1ggy16

I have the 4H with the KBS Proto hybrid shaft and its been great so far. I have the same tendency to miss WAY left with my hybrids and this one goes straighter than any hybrid I've played. I think its more forgiving than the last Apex hybrid but I miss an alignment aid on top. I expected it to not be as long as some of the last few I played (Pings) but I think its actually longer.

> @BearQ said:

> > @gsrjc said:

> > I heard these spin a ton. Is that true?

>

> I’ve heard and seen exact opposite only...

> From txg as well

>

> Where’d you hear they spin a lot. That’s 100% swing flaw or misfit club. One of the lowest spin hybrid heads.

>

I heard from club champion. Lol. Perhaps they wanted a different sell to be made. I haven’t tried it myself as I just asked their thoughts about it.

Yeah, I would take everything you hear from Club Champion with a grain of salt lol. They like to push more expensive options like PXG and Honma

> @gsrjc said:

> > @BearQ said:

> > > @gsrjc said:

> > > I heard these spin a ton. Is that true?

> >

> > I’ve heard and seen exact opposite only...

> > From txg as well

> >

> > Where’d you hear they spin a lot. That’s 100% swing flaw or misfit club. One of the lowest spin hybrid heads.

> >

> I heard from club champion. Lol. Perhaps they wanted a different sell to be made. I haven’t tried it myself as I just asked their thoughts about it.

>

> @Boydr12 said:

> Yeah, I would take everything you hear from Club Champion with a grain of salt lol. They like to push more expensive options like PXG and Honma

>

> > @gsrjc said:

> > > @BearQ said:

> > > > @gsrjc said:

> > > > I heard these spin a ton. Is that true?

> > >

> > > I’ve heard and seen exact opposite only...

> > > From txg as well

> > >

> > > Where’d you hear they spin a lot. That’s 100% swing flaw or misfit club. One of the lowest spin hybrid heads.

> > >

> > I heard from club champion. Lol. Perhaps they wanted a different sell to be made. I haven’t tried it myself as I just asked their thoughts about it.

> >

>

>

Okay.

I'll be curious to see how this stacks up to the new Titleist hybrids I just saw announced the other day. The only thing stopping me from already pulling the trig is glued hosel. Some may not care but I really like to be able to tweak my loft or face angle/lie on my woods/hybrid. I was hitting the AP19 really straight on the sim but as many of us know, the range doesn't always go to the course. The TS3 hybrid looks interesting, especially if I could get more ball speed.

i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

>

> Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

>

> I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

the 5w is great for getting on a par 5 from 250-260. comes in high and soft. if the course i'm playing doesn't have par 5's where i need that (ie they're short enough i can use long irons), i want something that i can hit bullets off shorter par 4 tee boxes on.

i'm playing in the mid-am next week and it's at Crestmont. there are 6 par 4's under 420y off the tee from tips. i want one more option for those holes that doesn't go high and soft; rather the holy roller lol.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

> >

> > Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

> >

> > I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

>

> the 5w is great for getting on a par 5 from 250-260. comes in high and soft. if the course i'm playing doesn't have par 5's where i need that (ie they're short enough i can use long irons), i want something that i can hit bullets off shorter par 4 tee boxes on.

>

> i'm playing in the mid-am next week and it's at Crestmont. there are 6 par 4's under 420y off the tee from tips. i want one more option for those holes that doesn't go high and soft; rather the holy roller lol.

Yeah I don't quite reach that far with an 18-20* club but every now and again I have that yardage. Last hole on the Meadow course is a prime example. I need to hit waaaay more 240-250 yard bullet shots than I need to hit 240-250 yard high softies.

So I'm thinking of ditching a 3w for more like the stringer 2 iron than softy 5w set up. I don't mind having a large gap between driver and stinger club.

Also, good luck in the tourney, let me know how that goes.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

> > >

> > > Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

> > >

> > > I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

> >

> > the 5w is great for getting on a par 5 from 250-260. comes in high and soft. if the course i'm playing doesn't have par 5's where i need that (ie they're short enough i can use long irons), i want something that i can hit bullets off shorter par 4 tee boxes on.

> >

> > i'm playing in the mid-am next week and it's at Crestmont. there are 6 par 4's under 420y off the tee from tips. i want one more option for those holes that doesn't go high and soft; rather the holy roller lol.

>

> Yeah I don't quite reach that far with an 18-20* club but every now and again I have that yardage. Last hole on the Meadow course is a prime example. I need to hit waaaay more 240-250 yard bullet shots than I need to hit 240-250 yard high softies.

>

> So I'm thinking of ditching a 3w for more like the stringer 2 iron than softy 5w set up. I don't mind having a large gap between driver and stinger club.

>

> Also, good luck in the tourney, let me know how that goes.

will do!

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

> > >

> > > Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

> > >

> > > I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

> >

> > the 5w is great for getting on a par 5 from 250-260. comes in high and soft. if the course i'm playing doesn't have par 5's where i need that (ie they're short enough i can use long irons), i want something that i can hit bullets off shorter par 4 tee boxes on.

> >

> > i'm playing in the mid-am next week and it's at Crestmont. there are 6 par 4's under 420y off the tee from tips. i want one more option for those holes that doesn't go high and soft; rather the holy roller lol.

>

> Yeah I don't quite reach that far with an 18-20* club but every now and again I have that yardage. Last hole on the Meadow course is a prime example. I need to hit waaaay more 240-250 yard bullet shots than I need to hit 240-250 yard high softies.

>

> So I'm thinking of ditching a 3w for more like the stringer 2 iron than softy 5w set up. I don't mind having a large gap between driver and stinger club.

>

> Also, good luck in the tourney, let me know how that goes.

Decided to go with the 718 T-MB 2i. The hybrid wasnt consistent for me, and the titleist gave me consistently great ballspeeds, launch and overall performance I'm looking for.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

If anyone wants a 2019 head in 23* let me know

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

> > > >

> > > > Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

> > > >

> > > > I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

> > >

> > > the 5w is great for getting on a par 5 from 250-260. comes in high and soft. if the course i'm playing doesn't have par 5's where i need that (ie they're short enough i can use long irons), i want something that i can hit bullets off shorter par 4 tee boxes on.

> > >

> > > i'm playing in the mid-am next week and it's at Crestmont. there are 6 par 4's under 420y off the tee from tips. i want one more option for those holes that doesn't go high and soft; rather the holy roller lol.

> >

> > Yeah I don't quite reach that far with an 18-20* club but every now and again I have that yardage. Last hole on the Meadow course is a prime example. I need to hit waaaay more 240-250 yard bullet shots than I need to hit 240-250 yard high softies.

> >

> > So I'm thinking of ditching a 3w for more like the stringer 2 iron than softy 5w set up. I don't mind having a large gap between driver and stinger club.

> >

> > Also, good luck in the tourney, let me know how that goes.

>

> Decided to go with the 718 T-MB 2i. The hybrid wasnt consistent for me, and the titleist gave me consistently great ballspeeds, launch and overall performance I'm looking for.

Interesting. What was the launch, spin and ball speed like between the two? When I was hitting the 20* compared to my 818 set to 19.75*, I was getting almost 5mph more ball speed from the Apex. I also had a P790 3i that was significantly slower than Apex, but spun a little less so it still got out there about as far as 818.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

> > > > >

> > > > > Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

> > > >

> > > > the 5w is great for getting on a par 5 from 250-260. comes in high and soft. if the course i'm playing doesn't have par 5's where i need that (ie they're short enough i can use long irons), i want something that i can hit bullets off shorter par 4 tee boxes on.

> > > >

> > > > i'm playing in the mid-am next week and it's at Crestmont. there are 6 par 4's under 420y off the tee from tips. i want one more option for those holes that doesn't go high and soft; rather the holy roller lol.

> > >

> > > Yeah I don't quite reach that far with an 18-20* club but every now and again I have that yardage. Last hole on the Meadow course is a prime example. I need to hit waaaay more 240-250 yard bullet shots than I need to hit 240-250 yard high softies.

> > >

> > > So I'm thinking of ditching a 3w for more like the stringer 2 iron than softy 5w set up. I don't mind having a large gap between driver and stinger club.

> > >

> > > Also, good luck in the tourney, let me know how that goes.

> >

> > Decided to go with the 718 T-MB 2i. The hybrid wasnt consistent for me, and the titleist gave me consistently great ballspeeds, launch and overall performance I'm looking for.

>

> Interesting. What was the launch, spin and ball speed like between the two? When I was hitting the 20* compared to my 818 set to 19.75*, I was getting almost 5mph more ball speed from the Apex. I also had a P790 3i that was significantly slower than Apex, but spun a little less so it still got out there about as far as 818.

the issue with the T-MB winning over the Apex wasn't the ball speed...it was the spin.

i was using a T-MB 2i, and an Apex 2019 2H; on flightscope gcquad.

TMB -

BS: 152mph

launch: 16.3

Spin: 2800ish

carry: i think like 245ish?

Apex -

BS: 153mph

launch: 15.9

Spin: 4200ish

carry: 235ish

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > > i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

> > > > >

> > > > > the 5w is great for getting on a par 5 from 250-260. comes in high and soft. if the course i'm playing doesn't have par 5's where i need that (ie they're short enough i can use long irons), i want something that i can hit bullets off shorter par 4 tee boxes on.

> > > > >

> > > > > i'm playing in the mid-am next week and it's at Crestmont. there are 6 par 4's under 420y off the tee from tips. i want one more option for those holes that doesn't go high and soft; rather the holy roller lol.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah I don't quite reach that far with an 18-20* club but every now and again I have that yardage. Last hole on the Meadow course is a prime example. I need to hit waaaay more 240-250 yard bullet shots than I need to hit 240-250 yard high softies.

> > > >

> > > > So I'm thinking of ditching a 3w for more like the stringer 2 iron than softy 5w set up. I don't mind having a large gap between driver and stinger club.

> > > >

> > > > Also, good luck in the tourney, let me know how that goes.

> > >

> > > Decided to go with the 718 T-MB 2i. The hybrid wasnt consistent for me, and the titleist gave me consistently great ballspeeds, launch and overall performance I'm looking for.

> >

> > Interesting. What was the launch, spin and ball speed like between the two? When I was hitting the 20* compared to my 818 set to 19.75*, I was getting almost 5mph more ball speed from the Apex. I also had a P790 3i that was significantly slower than Apex, but spun a little less so it still got out there about as far as 818.

>

> the issue with the T-MB winning over the Apex wasn't the ball speed...it was the spin.

>

> i was using a T-MB 2i, and an Apex 2019 2H; on flightscope gcquad.

>

> TMB -

> BS: 152mph

> launch: 16.3

> Spin: 2800ish

> carry: i think like 245ish?

>

> Apex -

> BS: 153mph

> launch: 15.9

> Spin: 4200ish

> carry: 235ish

Dang that's really good ball speed from the TMB. I'm no where near as long as you but when I hit the 3h I was getting around 148-150 on the Apex and about 143-144 on my 818. Spin for me on the 3h was only like 3200 or so which I thought was low, I was seeing carry around 235-240 with roll to 250 which I have never seen on a hybrid for me before.

I was at PGATSS, too... over on those side bays with the nets. Wonder if maybe those aren't all that accurate? Either way, relatively speaking it was much faster than 818 and spun less, too.

I still really want to try an 18* hollow head 2/3i with 39.5 or even 40'' graphite to see how that might stack up. I assume you ended up in steel?

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > > > i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > the 5w is great for getting on a par 5 from 250-260. comes in high and soft. if the course i'm playing doesn't have par 5's where i need that (ie they're short enough i can use long irons), i want something that i can hit bullets off shorter par 4 tee boxes on.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i'm playing in the mid-am next week and it's at Crestmont. there are 6 par 4's under 420y off the tee from tips. i want one more option for those holes that doesn't go high and soft; rather the holy roller lol.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah I don't quite reach that far with an 18-20* club but every now and again I have that yardage. Last hole on the Meadow course is a prime example. I need to hit waaaay more 240-250 yard bullet shots than I need to hit 240-250 yard high softies.

> > > > >

> > > > > So I'm thinking of ditching a 3w for more like the stringer 2 iron than softy 5w set up. I don't mind having a large gap between driver and stinger club.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, good luck in the tourney, let me know how that goes.

> > > >

> > > > Decided to go with the 718 T-MB 2i. The hybrid wasnt consistent for me, and the titleist gave me consistently great ballspeeds, launch and overall performance I'm looking for.

> > >

> > > Interesting. What was the launch, spin and ball speed like between the two? When I was hitting the 20* compared to my 818 set to 19.75*, I was getting almost 5mph more ball speed from the Apex. I also had a P790 3i that was significantly slower than Apex, but spun a little less so it still got out there about as far as 818.

> >

> > the issue with the T-MB winning over the Apex wasn't the ball speed...it was the spin.

> >

> > i was using a T-MB 2i, and an Apex 2019 2H; on flightscope gcquad.

> >

> > TMB -

> > BS: 152mph

> > launch: 16.3

> > Spin: 2800ish

> > carry: i think like 245ish?

> >

> > Apex -

> > BS: 153mph

> > launch: 15.9

> > Spin: 4200ish

> > carry: 235ish

>

> Dang that's really good ball speed from the TMB. I'm no where near as long as you but when I hit the 3h I was getting around 148-150 on the Apex and about 143-144 on my 818. Spin for me on the 3h was only like 3200 or so which I thought was low, I was seeing carry around 235-240 with roll to 250 which I have never seen on a hybrid for me before.

>

> I was at PGATSS, too... over on those side bays with the nets. Wonder if maybe those aren't all that accurate? Either way, relatively speaking it was much faster than 818 and spun less, too.

>

> I still really want to try an 18* hollow head 2/3i with 39.5 or even 40'' graphite to see how that might stack up. I assume you ended up in steel?

i'm in steel for now -- flighted PX 7.0; but only b/c i can't get a DI 105x shipped to me fast enough to build the club up and try it before next week.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > > > > i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > the 5w is great for getting on a par 5 from 250-260. comes in high and soft. if the course i'm playing doesn't have par 5's where i need that (ie they're short enough i can use long irons), i want something that i can hit bullets off shorter par 4 tee boxes on.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i'm playing in the mid-am next week and it's at Crestmont. there are 6 par 4's under 420y off the tee from tips. i want one more option for those holes that doesn't go high and soft; rather the holy roller lol.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah I don't quite reach that far with an 18-20* club but every now and again I have that yardage. Last hole on the Meadow course is a prime example. I need to hit waaaay more 240-250 yard bullet shots than I need to hit 240-250 yard high softies.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So I'm thinking of ditching a 3w for more like the stringer 2 iron than softy 5w set up. I don't mind having a large gap between driver and stinger club.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, good luck in the tourney, let me know how that goes.

> > > > >

> > > > > Decided to go with the 718 T-MB 2i. The hybrid wasnt consistent for me, and the titleist gave me consistently great ballspeeds, launch and overall performance I'm looking for.

> > > >

> > > > Interesting. What was the launch, spin and ball speed like between the two? When I was hitting the 20* compared to my 818 set to 19.75*, I was getting almost 5mph more ball speed from the Apex. I also had a P790 3i that was significantly slower than Apex, but spun a little less so it still got out there about as far as 818.

> > >

> > > the issue with the T-MB winning over the Apex wasn't the ball speed...it was the spin.

> > >

> > > i was using a T-MB 2i, and an Apex 2019 2H; on flightscope gcquad.

> > >

> > > TMB -

> > > BS: 152mph

> > > launch: 16.3

> > > Spin: 2800ish

> > > carry: i think like 245ish?

> > >

> > > Apex -

> > > BS: 153mph

> > > launch: 15.9

> > > Spin: 4200ish

> > > carry: 235ish

> >

> > Dang that's really good ball speed from the TMB. I'm no where near as long as you but when I hit the 3h I was getting around 148-150 on the Apex and about 143-144 on my 818. Spin for me on the 3h was only like 3200 or so which I thought was low, I was seeing carry around 235-240 with roll to 250 which I have never seen on a hybrid for me before.

> >

> > I was at PGATSS, too... over on those side bays with the nets. Wonder if maybe those aren't all that accurate? Either way, relatively speaking it was much faster than 818 and spun less, too.

> >

> > I still really want to try an 18* hollow head 2/3i with 39.5 or even 40'' graphite to see how that might stack up. I assume you ended up in steel?

>

> i'm in steel for now -- flighted PX 7.0; but only b/c i can't get a DI 105x shipped to me fast enough to build the club up and try it before next week.

Yeah I had modus 120 in the 3i but I think the 30 extra grams was costing me some speed and I just didn't see the point. I was attempting to get a Pro Blue installed in it by a certain somebody from this website, but that ship sailed.

What shaft did you try in the Apex? Wonder if you were able to put in Pro White 90TX if that would have helped knock spin off a bit and/or add some speed.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > > > > > i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > the 5w is great for getting on a par 5 from 250-260. comes in high and soft. if the course i'm playing doesn't have par 5's where i need that (ie they're short enough i can use long irons), i want something that i can hit bullets off shorter par 4 tee boxes on.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i'm playing in the mid-am next week and it's at Crestmont. there are 6 par 4's under 420y off the tee from tips. i want one more option for those holes that doesn't go high and soft; rather the holy roller lol.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yeah I don't quite reach that far with an 18-20* club but every now and again I have that yardage. Last hole on the Meadow course is a prime example. I need to hit waaaay more 240-250 yard bullet shots than I need to hit 240-250 yard high softies.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So I'm thinking of ditching a 3w for more like the stringer 2 iron than softy 5w set up. I don't mind having a large gap between driver and stinger club.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also, good luck in the tourney, let me know how that goes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Decided to go with the 718 T-MB 2i. The hybrid wasnt consistent for me, and the titleist gave me consistently great ballspeeds, launch and overall performance I'm looking for.

> > > > >

> > > > > Interesting. What was the launch, spin and ball speed like between the two? When I was hitting the 20* compared to my 818 set to 19.75*, I was getting almost 5mph more ball speed from the Apex. I also had a P790 3i that was significantly slower than Apex, but spun a little less so it still got out there about as far as 818.

> > > >

> > > > the issue with the T-MB winning over the Apex wasn't the ball speed...it was the spin.

> > > >

> > > > i was using a T-MB 2i, and an Apex 2019 2H; on flightscope gcquad.

> > > >

> > > > TMB -

> > > > BS: 152mph

> > > > launch: 16.3

> > > > Spin: 2800ish

> > > > carry: i think like 245ish?

> > > >

> > > > Apex -

> > > > BS: 153mph

> > > > launch: 15.9

> > > > Spin: 4200ish

> > > > carry: 235ish

> > >

> > > Dang that's really good ball speed from the TMB. I'm no where near as long as you but when I hit the 3h I was getting around 148-150 on the Apex and about 143-144 on my 818. Spin for me on the 3h was only like 3200 or so which I thought was low, I was seeing carry around 235-240 with roll to 250 which I have never seen on a hybrid for me before.

> > >

> > > I was at PGATSS, too... over on those side bays with the nets. Wonder if maybe those aren't all that accurate? Either way, relatively speaking it was much faster than 818 and spun less, too.

> > >

> > > I still really want to try an 18* hollow head 2/3i with 39.5 or even 40'' graphite to see how that might stack up. I assume you ended up in steel?

> >

> > i'm in steel for now -- flighted PX 7.0; but only b/c i can't get a DI 105x shipped to me fast enough to build the club up and try it before next week.

>

> Yeah I had modus 120 in the 3i but I think the 30 extra grams was costing me some speed and I just didn't see the point. I was attempting to get a Pro Blue installed in it by a certain somebody from this website, but that ship sailed.

>

> What shaft did you try in the Apex? Wonder if you were able to put in Pro White 90TX if that would have helped knock spin off a bit and/or add some speed.

only one they had was the catalyst in 6.5; 80g. it was too light and just felt loose on me. i didn't hit a ton of balls with it b/c i just didn't like the feel either.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > i'm on my way to PGA after work today to get fit for one of these -- looking for something to take in/out of the bag to replace the 5w/3i as necessary dependent on course.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Will be interesting to see how it performs compared to the 5w for you.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I'm in this weird limbo where I'm finally starting to hit driver more and more and further and further... Most courses I don't even need a 3w because I lay up and I've got like 260-270 left in and a pured 3w runs the risk of catching bunkers, or I hit driver so well I'm just left with a 4 or 5i. I used to use 3w as my go to tee club because my LTD wasn't getting on w me, but now the SZ is working well. Need a new fairway finder that goes longer than my 818.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > the 5w is great for getting on a par 5 from 250-260. comes in high and soft. if the course i'm playing doesn't have par 5's where i need that (ie they're short enough i can use long irons), i want something that i can hit bullets off shorter par 4 tee boxes on.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > i'm playing in the mid-am next week and it's at Crestmont. there are 6 par 4's under 420y off the tee from tips. i want one more option for those holes that doesn't go high and soft; rather the holy roller lol.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yeah I don't quite reach that far with an 18-20* club but every now and again I have that yardage. Last hole on the Meadow course is a prime example. I need to hit waaaay more 240-250 yard bullet shots than I need to hit 240-250 yard high softies.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So I'm thinking of ditching a 3w for more like the stringer 2 iron than softy 5w set up. I don't mind having a large gap between driver and stinger club.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also, good luck in the tourney, let me know how that goes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Decided to go with the 718 T-MB 2i. The hybrid wasnt consistent for me, and the titleist gave me consistently great ballspeeds, launch and overall performance I'm looking for.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Interesting. What was the launch, spin and ball speed like between the two? When I was hitting the 20* compared to my 818 set to 19.75*, I was getting almost 5mph more ball speed from the Apex. I also had a P790 3i that was significantly slower than Apex, but spun a little less so it still got out there about as far as 818.

> > > > >

> > > > > the issue with the T-MB winning over the Apex wasn't the ball speed...it was the spin.

> > > > >

> > > > > i was using a T-MB 2i, and an Apex 2019 2H; on flightscope gcquad.

> > > > >

> > > > > TMB -

> > > > > BS: 152mph

> > > > > launch: 16.3

> > > > > Spin: 2800ish

> > > > > carry: i think like 245ish?

> > > > >

> > > > > Apex -

> > > > > BS: 153mph

> > > > > launch: 15.9

> > > > > Spin: 4200ish

> > > > > carry: 235ish

> > > >

> > > > Dang that's really good ball speed from the TMB. I'm no where near as long as you but when I hit the 3h I was getting around 148-150 on the Apex and about 143-144 on my 818. Spin for me on the 3h was only like 3200 or so which I thought was low, I was seeing carry around 235-240 with roll to 250 which I have never seen on a hybrid for me before.

> > > >

> > > > I was at PGATSS, too... over on those side bays with the nets. Wonder if maybe those aren't all that accurate? Either way, relatively speaking it was much faster than 818 and spun less, too.

> > > >

> > > > I still really want to try an 18* hollow head 2/3i with 39.5 or even 40'' graphite to see how that might stack up. I assume you ended up in steel?

> > >

> > > i'm in steel for now -- flighted PX 7.0; but only b/c i can't get a DI 105x shipped to me fast enough to build the club up and try it before next week.

> >

> > Yeah I had modus 120 in the 3i but I think the 30 extra grams was costing me some speed and I just didn't see the point. I was attempting to get a Pro Blue installed in it by a certain somebody from this website, but that ship sailed.

> >

> > What shaft did you try in the Apex? Wonder if you were able to put in Pro White 90TX if that would have helped knock spin off a bit and/or add some speed.

>

> only one they had was the catalyst in 6.5; 80g. it was too light and just felt loose on me. i didn't hit a ton of balls with it b/c i just didn't like the feel either.

Yeah, makes sense. I'm guessing you'd need to tinker quite a bit with it to get it to perform better than the TMB, which seems pretty optimal already.

Me on the other hand... I still have no idea what I'm doing between the 3w to 4i. Probably just going to leave it alone although I really want a bullet shooter than goes like 240 for days when I plan like a Warren Brook style course or for when I just can't drive the ball straight enough. The 818 still flies pretty high despite even playing the smaller headed version.