COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

All the talk of of this thing being such a low spin head and I haven't found a shaft yet to get it below mid-spin at best. Aldila NV 85x, Epic 95x, Synergy 95x (creation re badged), fuji rombax 7w x, and now I got a Fuji tour issue motore f1 x 2.0 coming. This thing is not low spin like the hoards of guys on here claim. 07 burner tp, 09 burner tp, and hibore xl tour way lower spinning than this thing.

All the talk of of this thing being such a low spin head and I haven't found a shaft yet to get it below mid-spin at best. Aldila NV 85x, Epic 95x, Synergy 95x (creation re badged), fuji rombax 7w x, and now I got a Fuji tour issue motore f1 x 2.0 coming. This thing is not low spin like the hoards of guys on here claim. 07 burner tp, 09 burner tp, and hibore xl tour way lower spinning than this thing.

IMO this head isnt even close to be 'low spin'. The new S9-1 pro series is CONSIDERABLY lower spin than this, as is the L5V. If you are a high spin player i would stay away from the 4 and try the 5. The L5V is just as forgiving imo and since its lower spin is a fair bit longer for me.

IMO this head isnt even close to be 'low spin'. The new S9-1 pro series is CONSIDERABLY lower spin than this, as is the L5V. If you are a high spin player i would stay away from the 4 and try the 5. The L5V is just as forgiving imo and since its lower spin is a fair bit longer for me.

Agreed !!!

BUT !!! ... Bcuzof the high launch angle of the 4 - If you knock to much spin off - with all that carry - It will drop out of the sky on you

Even if you look at Holmes progression on setup - He continually added spin & launch

But I still agree with kyle ;)

Got the shaft in today and pulled the BB out, black Axiv is in waiting for epoxy to cure and should be able to CTL tomorrow and be ready for Sunday afternoon tryout!! Can't wait. :partytime2:

EDIT: Gripped and ready to go, will hit the range in the morning and let you know what it does for me.

Ok, its hard to change drivers when you are hitting one pretty good, the XL with the DVS was a good combo, played yesterday and the shaft snapped about 4" below the grip, so out comes the L4VX with the Axiv black in the 77 gram shaft, let me say this first................................ BOOM! this is a great combo, I am flying it to where the XL finished, now I'm pretty hard to get to change anything but this was just awesome. Thanks ROBO for the koolaid, it is really sweet and it go far.

got a 9* F and took it out to the range yesterday.

my 9.5 burner TP with 5z08 is finally going straight. my SS is around 105+ but i'm getting considerably less distance with this club. So i tried the l4v with the stock red board made for cobra in stiff.

I could not get this head to turn over. My miss is a banana lately (why i went with an F) and this thing was taking right turns on me at about the same mark my burner tp was starting to drop.

It is definitely longer and could be as long if not longer than my old sumo tour. I'm wondering if any of these shafts would change the trajectory? any tricks to getting this head to turn over? i'm an 18 handicap.

shafts i have are:

matrix f6m2 stiff

aldila xpp6

fubuki 73s

any recommendations? help please!

i want to drink kool aid!

got a 9* F and took it out to the range yesterday.

my 9.5 burner TP with 5z08 is finally going straight. my SS is around 105+ but i'm getting considerably less distance with this club. So i tried the l4v with the stock red board made for cobra in stiff.

I could not get this head to turn over. My miss is a banana lately (why i went with an F) and this thing was taking right turns on me at about the same mark my burner tp was starting to drop.

It is definitely longer and could be as long if not longer than my old sumo tour. I'm wondering if any of these shafts would change the trajectory? any tricks to getting this head to turn over? i'm an 18 handicap.

shafts i have are:

matrix f6m2 stiff

aldila xpp6

fubuki 73s

any recommendations? help please!

i want to drink kool aid!

XPP6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! robo-pheus.gif

xlt1a5.jpg

If it's an S flex - tip it a 1/2 inch ;)

Looking to throw an ACCRA in but not sure which one? My SS is about 119mph. Any recommendations? I can't read all these pages.

BAG STOLEN !!!!!!! ... That BLOWS !!!!!!!!!!

Very very very sorry to hear that

Bro - at a buck 19 ;) ... Think about a Z series Fuji .... Can't help ya much on ACCRA - except I think that red M5 one is supposed to be bitchin

UST Axiv Red maybe as well ;)

Robo, which out of the S9-1 pro S and the L5V do you think is the lower spinning head? I was playing a pro S but it cracked so ive moved onto the L5V and am worried the spin may be a little high. S9-1 had an XNV6 in, L5V as in sig, fubuki is tipped 1", voodoo was untipped.

Wow ... I THINK !!!!!!! - gun to my head - The L5 is lower - It just BOMBS ... That's my go to stick - but the setup on L5 vs L4 is the EXACT opposite - L5 is a longer lighter shaft setup. CPD LOWRIDE.gif told me L5 ended up lower spin & launch then they expected - And staffers had to rethink setup when they tried it ... It's CLOSE (just my opinion) - but L5 is the lower spinner of the 2 - I will inquire as to what COBRA itself thinks ;)

Robo have you hit the 69XX tour red? My SS gets up to about 124 when im swinging it well down to about 116 on a bad one, can i handle it?

I have hit the XX Black - Pavlet has one in his 7.5 Pro S - It wasn'y crazy stiff ... but it's one of those deals where you have to swing it ... No 70% cupcake swings - but since your mid-speed is 116ish - I think you could easy

I LOVE !!! the Axiv shaft - I am putting it in everything lately

Robo have you hit the 69XX tour red? My SS gets up to about 124 when im swinging it well down to about 116 on a bad one, can i handle it?

I have hit the XX Black - Pavlet has one in his 7.5 Pro S - It wasn'y crazy stiff ... but it's one of those deals where you have to swing it ... No 70% cupcake swings - but since your mid-speed is 116ish - I think you could easy

Had a look on the UST web site. Apparently the XX is only 1cpm stiffer than the X, weird. Tip and mid stiffness are also pretty much the same.

I was always a high spin player. I swing 105 w/ my driver, so not a beast by any means. I've been playing this since the beginning of last year and my spin has never been lower. Been using just your basic UST ProForce V2. Our launch monitor is down right now, but last year I was averaging 2300....which was scary low for me. Plus, it's so damn straight that even if it is a touch short (which it isn't for me), I'd still be playing it.

If you're swinging 110+ and worried about more distance vs. accuracy, I don't understand your logic. Are you trying to achieve driver > half-wedge on every par 4 or what? I'd give up 10 yards and be in the fairway twice as much every time.

Hey Robo! Got to report that the axiv (this really is a great shaft!) and the l4v x is "one hot mama!!" I have only played two rounds and have seen distances no senior should see! I know you and I will play one day soon and this is just :diablo: long! I hit the longest drive I may have ever hit today on #3, my friends and I were all just stunned...I bogied the hole but thats not the point :cheesy: I won't post GPS messured distance because no one believes it anyway, I'm just saying............

I have started to hit mine WAY too high lately....im consistently 10-20 back from a guy I usually can keep up with I havent jumped on a LM but this thing must be spinning too much...

Robo....if 83 gram stiff blueboard tipped 1/2" is spinning too much and launching too high....any reccomendations?

Thanks

If you want to stay in that 80ish gram range ... 4 quickly come to mind

8Z08 - s flex - Fuji Z series - whiteboard performance with much better feel & kick

80S Pype - tipped 1/2 - will be LOWER launch and slightly lower spin

83S Whiteboard - slightly lower launch with 300-500 lower spin

The Proj X shaft - 8-Xa4 (whatever its called - the 80 gram one ;) ) - lower spin & launch

OR !!!!

If you just wanna max out the spin & launch to their lowest - PM702 (or Throttle - same shaft) - the KING of low - but its gonna be 8-10 grams lighter

took it out today with the stock shaft...WOW!

good thing the range told me about the fade it was givin me. i was able to control the fade and got some bombs out there.

still with the stock red board, and haven't hit it as far as the old sumo2 5900 but it was a fun club. super fun. no i'm wondering if xpp6 is the answer, maybe i should stick to high launch. seems like the club got good air, but it just kind of died in the air. not sure what the cause could be...

now i'm thinking axiv, you guys are contagious...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rob (Robopti), I remember all of your great advice over at the other site. I finally drank the Koolaid and bought 2 L4V's. A L4V X 9* stock Diamana 62 and a L4V F 9* with VS Proto 70S tipped a half inch 44.75" D5 I got off ebay. The F is alot straighter the X tends to leak right maybe I'm overpowering it ? I hit both model mid/high and the ball carries well.My SS was 100 - 103 the last time I was on a trackman which was 6 weeks ago. I have no launch monitor #'s because I haven't found a facitlity with an outside monitor I could use. I could probably find a possible answer somewhere in these 80 + pages but the pages I've searched thru haven't really helped. Any suggestions to making the X work or should I just stick with the F ?

Hey Rob (Robopti), I remember all of your great advice over at the other site. I finally drank the Koolaid and bought 2 L4V's. A L4V X 9* stock Diamana 62 and a L4V F 9* with VS Proto 70S tipped a half inch 44.75" D5 I got off ebay. The F is alot straighter the X tends to leak right maybe I'm overpowering it ? I hit both model mid/high and the ball carries well.My SS was 100 - 103 the last time I was on a trackman which was 6 weeks ago. I have no launch monitor #'s because I haven't found a facitlity with an outside monitor I could use. I could probably find a possible answer somewhere in these 80 + pages but the pages I've searched thru haven't really helped. Any suggestions to making the X work or should I just stick with the F ?

Hey Rob, Just to add... played in gusts up to 25 mph on a links course with the L4V F VS Proto 70S yesterday. I hit a good % of fairways, shot 79 :) I love this driver but it ballooned into the wind. I love the high launch but could probably use a shaft that launches the same as the VS Proto 70S but with lower spin. Does the X head spin less than the F ??? Thanks Bro

I need to go the opposite way most people are going. I hit my l4v x combo too low, I have a pm702 x-stiff. I know it is low

launch/low spin, I want some opinions on something that will raise launch angle and increase spin slightly. I really hit this combo

super long but launch is too low. I swing about 113, fairly smooth transition. I would like something thats is stout but high launch

angle, I was thinking dvs x-stiff or some ozik...

thanks

Sorry gang ... Playing catch up - Took a lil vaca ;)

WAY COOL !!!!!!!!!.... A LOT of peeps - including me - find that the X will leak right ... Especially as swingspeed increases. I think that is a function of the neutral/open bias of the X head - combined with that much physically mass coming thru the head tends to hang open with that face angle (an educated guess ;) ) ...

I personally have been hitting the F far more than the X - and I can still hit a cut with the X - but sometimes the X is harder to turn over.

If the X spins any less it has to be FRACTIONAL at best.

As far as shaft - Hmmmm .... Think Axiv Red - poss Black - ProtoPype (untipped) at your desired flex - If you want to turn it into a weapon - get the right Fuji Z series in there ... It's a good'r . Graphite Design MD series Tour AD maybe

Let me put the noodle on it

Answering PMs - Been a CRAAAZZZYYYYY summer ... I am getting to them all - no matter how old

I need to go the opposite way most people are going. I hit my l4v x combo too low, I have a pm702 x-stiff. I know it is low

launch/low spin, I want some opinions on something that will raise launch angle and increase spin slightly. I really hit this combo

super long but launch is too low. I swing about 113, fairly smooth transition. I would like something thats is stout but high launch

angle, I was thinking dvs x-stiff or some ozik...

thanks

PM is THE king of low launch - low spin

DO NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go DVS or Ozik - That would be a BIG change - and it the wrong direction.

TRUST ME !!! - Think Fuji 7Z08 or Protopype 70X - Fuji is lower spin that Pype - Pype is LOW launch - but one or the other - Based on your question - Protopype 70X ;)

Let me know if I can help !!!!

I took my L4vx to the range today and had some fun just shafted it up with a tp7hd and had some fun. I was having issues with this head launching to high with a f7m2 but now its hitting bullets and long. This is one driver I will never get rid of I had 5 of them at one time down to one as it's not my main big stick anymore. Great driver though.

Hi gang & Robo,

Just had to come back to this thread to say the honeymoon is over for the L4V X with the black 79 gm axivcore, this thing is AWESOME!!! iT IS SO hard to believe I still love this thing, I have a few good friend that say "let me hit that thing" and my response is "$1000 deposit and a promise" this is just "the BOMB!" I hated you guys when I first read the post (well a few pages of it anyway) but now :partytime2: :friends: I had several drives (GPS measured) over the 270 mark & a few over the 280 (and yes I know how to use the GPS) and if you don't believe you know where I play!! happy happy joy joy!