COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

Hi guys, I am thinking about getting an used L4V F speed. I am having a hard time deciding if I should get R flex or S flex for stock shaft? My swing speed is 90-94 and improving. Currently I am gaming a NIke 5900 with A-flex which no longer keeps up with my swing. I got it when I just started learning golf but since my swing has improved I need something different. Another driver I am considering is Mizuno MX-700. Any input is appreciated.

Lower Spin and launch = Fuji VTLT. And maybe if someone wants to pony up $800, a Diamana Stinger might be the ticket. When I first heard of the stinger, I thought of the L4V.....

God Bless
Jer

PXG 3011X Gen 4 w/ ????
M5 T.I. 14* w/ Aldila STX Tour Green 85TX
????
4-PW Mizuno 919 Hot Metal Pro w/ Modus 130X
52* Cobra MIM/ Modus 130X
58* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
64* TM Hi Toe w/ Modus 130X
???? w/BGT Stability Shaft/Tour Quad Proto

[quote name='RJ1670' post='1882547' date='Aug 12 2009, 09:20 AM']Anybody have any input on a Graffaloy ProLaunch Platinum in the L4V? Even if you don't have first hand knowledge, I'd like to hear some opinions.[/quote]

PL Red is MUCH better than Platinum for L4 - That will launch too high& spin

TOO BAD on Fubuki .... I was kinda thinking that might be the case with launch angle - Cuz that is a high launch MOFO

44 is MONEY - I have creeped out to 44.50 with my Project X - TRUST ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gang ... If you love L4 - TRY THIS SHAFT - Its stupid good .... It answers all the "I wish I could get L4 to do this ..... " issues .... at least for me

[quote name='RJ1670' post='1882547' date='Aug 12 2009, 09:20 AM']Anybody have any input on a Graffaloy ProLaunch Platinum in the L4V? Even if you don't have first hand knowledge, I'd like to hear some opinions.[/quote]

I'm hitting the Platinum right now. It is high but still crazy accurate and long. I have thought about swapping in a PL Red to see if I get more rollout and a little more distance, but I hate to mess with something so straight and accurate. I love the feel of the Platinum as well. I have hit the Epic too, and didn't like it near as much.
Robo, have you tried the PL Red?

I am about to swap out my Stock red board stiff for a Fujikura Romax 5X07 stiff shaft,

I'll let you know the end result.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

This thread is ridiculously long. I spent the whole day reading this, by the time I finished page 14 my eyes are literally hurting. :black eye:

Before reading this thread, I had the impression that L4V is a high MOI extremly forgiving driver that may be perfect for a high capper like me. But the more I read through this thread, the more I felt like it's a toy for those big hitting low cappers who are already very good at swinging a driver, and also very knowledgeble about the re-shafting, because almost all talks here are about this driver with different exotic shafts. Is it because the stock shaft can not handle the heavy head of L4V? If that's the case, L4V just isn't for average Joes, as we all know the majority of the people just buy the clubs with stock shafts and go play golf. keyser brought an exellent point that the heavier heads are not easy to control for average golfers and they also slow down swing speed. If you use shafts other than the back-weighted stock shaft, you usually bring the swing wieght way up, which makes it even harder for most average golfers with slower swing speed. It's hard to believe for such a high MOI driver, most high cappers are not benefiting from it. I still hope I can like this driver because of the big face and extreme MOI. The look of this club has forgiveness writen all over it, at the same time it's also better looking than Sumo Dymo Monster etc. I hope I missed something. So someone please pull me back to the L4V wagon. :rolleyes: BTW my SS is 90-94. I am also looing at Monster XLS(uglier), Mizuno MX-700(lower MOI), Sumo2 5900(face too shallow), and Burner(shaft too long).

[quote name='kanzaclimber' post='1882723' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:19 AM'][quote name='RJ1670' post='1882547' date='Aug 12 2009, 09:20 AM']Anybody have any input on a Graffaloy ProLaunch Platinum in the L4V? Even if you don't have first hand knowledge, I'd like to hear some opinions.[/quote]

I'm hitting the Platinum right now. It is high but still crazy accurate and long. I have thought about swapping in a PL Red to see if I get more rollout and a little more distance, but I hate to mess with something so straight and accurate. I love the feel of the Platinum as well. I have hit the Epic too, and didn't like it near as much.
[/quote]

According to the Golfworks shaft replacement guide, the Grafalloy Platinum is exactly what they recommend to replace the stock shaft in L4V if broken or damaged. Good to know that it plays well!

Just like other newbs to this extremely long post, I am looking at L4V now simply because this thing seems to get so much feedback. I currently have the FT-9 which I recently had reshafted with Grafalloy Blue Axis. This hasn't been too hateful, but no where near the distance I'd like to get, nor frankly what I expected. My FT-5 stock was better. Also, it feels pretty whippy, and I am not even that fast a swinger (<95 mph).

I found the L4V M speed new for a great price $199. Wondering whether I should pull the trigger.

My thoughts:
- I need all the help I can get, and with my lower SS/BS, I figure the M is the way to go.
- I am concerned about the 52gram shaft, however. If I go with M, thinking Stiff would be a must.
- Not really all that motivated to reshaft if it is decently long and straight.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

D - 10.5° Paradym Ai Smoke Tensei AV Blue 55

F - 20° Paradym Heavenwood Ventus TR Blue 7
H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

I - 5-G JPX 923 HM KBS Tour Lite

W - 54/58 CBX2 Black Satin KBS HI-REV 2.0 115
P - Toulon Seattle w/ H1 Hosel

B - Titleist Pro V1

ALL CARRIED, DRUG OR DRIVEN IN A...BIG MAX DRi LiTe <-HYBRID-> Golf Bag

[quote name='yichen382' post='1886760' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:06 PM']This thread is ridiculously long. I spent the whole day reading this, by the time I finished page 14 my eyes are literally hurting. :black eye:

Before reading this thread, I had the impression that L4V is a high MOI extremly forgiving driver that may be perfect for a high capper like me. But the more I read through this thread, the more I felt like it's a toy for those big hitting low cappers who are already very good at swinging a driver, and also very knowledgeble about the re-shafting, because almost all talks here are about this driver with different exotic shafts. Is it because the stock shaft can not handle the heavy head of L4V? If that's the case, L4V just isn't for average Joes, as we all know the majority of the people just buy the clubs with stock shafts and go play golf. keyser brought an exellent point that the heavier heads are not easy to control for average golfers and they also slow down swing speed. If you use shafts other than the back-weighted stock shaft, you usually bring the swing wieght way up, which makes it even harder for most average golfers with slower swing speed. It's hard to believe for such a high MOI driver, most high cappers are not benefiting from it. I still hope I can like this driver because of the big face and extreme MOI. The look of this club has forgiveness writen all over it, at the same time it's also better looking than Sumo Dymo Monster etc. I hope I missed something. So someone please pull me back to the L4V wagon. :rolleyes: BTW my SS is 90-94. I am also looing at Monster XLS(uglier), Mizuno MX-700(lower MOI), Sumo2 5900(face too shallow), and Burner(shaft too long).[/quote]

yichen,
This club is for everyone. My buddy puts a horrendous swing on this driver and still smokes it out there. He is generally in the fairway or first cut. I would say he is a 30+ capper. This driver is the best part of his game.
I like the driver because it's easily the most forgiving driver I've ever played, and I've played a bunch. It is point and shoot. A bad swing usually has decent results. I can also slightly fade or draw one when I need to. However, the best thing is the feel and accuracy. I can really go after one and 90% of the time, find the fairway. It is also stinking long. I generally have the longest drive of my foursome (and the other 3 are no slouches). It's longer than the burner, r7, ld speed, many others I have swung. Its an amazing driver that would GREATLY benefit a high capper as well as the better ball strikers. I would be surprised if you didn't like it. The stock shaft is not that bad and is completely playable. I would get the stiff flex. I swapped in a new Platinum shaft simply because I liked the ball flight and it is slightly stiffer than a stock stiff flex. Get one and try it. If it's not working for you, let us know and we can probably help you pick a new (and affordable) shaft alternative.

[quote name='OhioGolfDude' post='1887672' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:57 AM'][quote name='kanzaclimber' post='1882723' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:19 AM'][quote name='RJ1670' post='1882547' date='Aug 12 2009, 09:20 AM']Anybody have any input on a Graffaloy ProLaunch Platinum in the L4V? Even if you don't have first hand knowledge, I'd like to hear some opinions.[/quote]

[/quote]

According to the Golfworks shaft replacement guide, the Grafalloy Platinum is exactly what they recommend to replace the stock shaft in L4V if broken or damaged. Good to know that it plays well!

Just like other newbs to this extremely long post, I am looking at L4V now simply because this thing seems to get so much feedback. I currently have the FT-9 which I recently had reshafted with Grafalloy Blue Axis. This hasn't been too hateful, but no where near the distance I'd like to get, nor frankly what I expected. My FT-5 stock was better. Also, it feels pretty whippy, and I am not even that fast a swinger (<95 mph).

I found the L4V M speed new for a great price $199. Wondering whether I should pull the trigger.

My thoughts:
- I need all the help I can get, and with my lower SS/BS, I figure the M is the way to go.
- I am concerned about the 52gram shaft, however. If I go with M, thinking Stiff would be a must.

[/quote]

Ohio,
Try the M. But I agree with you on the Stiff flex. I wouldn't worry too much about the 52g weight however. Hit it first and see how you like it. I think you will find the L4 is longer than your current driver, (after you get a chance to get used to it), and more forgiving. It really is an amazing club.

[quote name='kanzaclimber' post='1887760' date='Aug 14 2009, 12:33 PM'][quote name='yichen382' post='1886760' date='Aug 13 2009, 10:06 PM']This thread is ridiculously long. I spent the whole day reading this, by the time I finished page 14 my eyes are literally hurting. :black eye:

Before reading this thread, I had the impression that L4V is a high MOI extremly forgiving driver that may be perfect for a high capper like me. But the more I read through this thread, the more I felt like it's a toy for those big hitting low cappers who are already very good at swinging a driver, and also very knowledgeble about the re-shafting, because almost all talks here are about this driver with different exotic shafts. Is it because the stock shaft can not handle the heavy head of L4V? If that's the case, L4V just isn't for average Joes, as we all know the majority of the people just buy the clubs with stock shafts and go play golf. keyser brought an exellent point that the heavier heads are not easy to control for average golfers and they also slow down swing speed. If you use shafts other than the back-weighted stock shaft, you usually bring the swing wieght way up, which makes it even harder for most average golfers with slower swing speed. It's hard to believe for such a high MOI driver, most high cappers are not benefiting from it. I still hope I can like this driver because of the big face and extreme MOI. The look of this club has forgiveness writen all over it, at the same time it's also better looking than Sumo Dymo Monster etc. I hope I missed something. So someone please pull me back to the L4V wagon. :rolleyes: BTW my SS is 90-94. I am also looing at Monster XLS(uglier), Mizuno MX-700(lower MOI), Sumo2 5900(face too shallow), and Burner(shaft too long).[/quote]

yichen,
This club is for everyone. My buddy puts a horrendous swing on this driver and still smokes it out there. He is generally in the fairway or first cut. I would say he is a 30+ capper. This driver is the best part of his game.
I like the driver because it's easily the most forgiving driver I've ever played, and I've played a bunch. It is point and shoot. A bad swing usually has decent results. I can also slightly fade or draw one when I need to. However, the best thing is the feel and accuracy. I can really go after one and 90% of the time, find the fairway. It is also stinking long. I generally have the longest drive of my foursome (and the other 3 are no slouches). It's longer than the burner, r7, ld speed, many others I have swung. Its an amazing driver that would GREATLY benefit a high capper as well as the better ball strikers. I would be surprised if you didn't like it. The stock shaft is not that bad and is completely playable. I would get the stiff flex. I swapped in a new Platinum shaft simply because I liked the ball flight and it is slightly stiffer than a stock stiff flex. Get one and try it. If it's not working for you, let us know and we can probably help you pick a new (and affordable) shaft alternative.

[quote name='OhioGolfDude' post='1887672' date='Aug 14 2009, 10:57 AM'][quote name='kanzaclimber' post='1882723' date='Aug 12 2009, 11:19 AM'][quote name='RJ1670' post='1882547' date='Aug 12 2009, 09:20 AM']Anybody have any input on a Graffaloy ProLaunch Platinum in the L4V? Even if you don't have first hand knowledge, I'd like to hear some opinions.[/quote]

[/quote]

My thoughts:

[/quote]

Ohio,
Try the M. But I agree with you on the Stiff flex. I wouldn't worry too much about the 52g weight however. Hit it first and see how you like it. I think you will find the L4 is longer than your current driver, (after you get a chance to get used to it), and more forgiving. It really is an amazing club.
[/quote]

Kanza,

thanks for the quick feedback! I actually had looked at the L4V before and thought that I should have got it then. The $199 price I found today is by FAR the best I've seen new. I am certainly not against a pre-owned either, but it's hard to find exactly what you want sometimes. I would love to hit this driver prior to buying it - been bit by that before - but it may be difficult to find in the retail shops. I am going to check Golf Galaxy just to see what their Cobra section has and also pre-owned.

How would you compare this to FT-5/9? The FT-5 with Fujikura E150 was probably the most consistent driver I've ever hit (just for my personal swing). I was really thinking of getting an FT-5 iMix head and also the Fubuki 63 shaft to see what that combo is like. Any thoughts on how L4V would compare?

Thanks again! I'm loving this thread and the great site!

H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

B - Titleist Pro V1

[quote name='Section ThirtyOne' post='1847036' date='Jul 27 2009, 08:05 PM']Anyone have DVS in one of these?

I've decided to try going a degree lower in loft than I usually do, but with a mid launch/spin shaft. I've always been somewhat of a low launch guy, so we'll see how it goes.

So instead of my usual 10.5 degree head, i'm looking at a 9 degree L4V with a DVS in it. Comments?[/quote]

I think it would be excellent - I am a low ball player and have a l4vx with vs proto 80s...this is my third l4vx
the other 2 had a epic 75x tour and a pm702x - the vs proto is much better - the dvs should bring the
spin and lauch up to ideal conditions for you...

Well I am a little disappointed with initial results hitting the L4V. I went to Golf Galaxy and low and behold they had 1 new one available (10.5), and it was marked down to $199. I was starting to get happy. So I went over to the used rack and found my driver from last year (FT-5 10 draw with Fujikura E150) and decided to have a little test. First I hit some balls with the FT-5 - pretty much everything I remember: consistent ball flight, launch angle between 13-15, and few balloon shots. Then the L4V - wow, I thought the FT-5 was loud!! This thing is like hitting an aluminum bat! But I figured if I hit some great shots and it felt much better than the FT-5 it would be worth it. I did not get that feeling, unfortunately. Most of the shots were of similar variety, a few more balloons, but definitely not head and shoulders over the FT-5. So, I guess I am back at square 1.

H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

B - Titleist Pro V1

[quote name='ROBOPTI' post='1880347' date='Aug 11 2009, 11:35 AM'][quote name='dunnthegunn' post='1880272' date='Aug 11 2009, 12:02 PM']Hey guys long time L4V user here. I had a matrix x-con 6 installed in it, and while it is straight I hit it way to high! So I found a graphite design tour ad throttle x flex. My swing speed is between 110-115. I am definitely a hitter with a quicker tempo. I am not sure how I should tip this shaft. The tipping instructions on GD's website says not to tip this shaft for a driver install, but I was wondering if ROBO or any others with experience with this shaft would chime in on how I should install this shaft....

Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks, Dunn[/quote]

Hmmmm ... I would go untipped - That shaft is NO PUNK ... and it is DEFINITELY !!!!!!!!!! going to lower ball flight

Let us know how that works for ya ;)
[/quote]

Well I had my Throttle installed and hit it today at the driving range. It was blowing about 10-15 down wind. There is a hill at the end of the driving range right at 300 yds and I was hitting it right into the hill most of the time. I did clear it once. I feel like I am able to swing harder with the L4V than with other drivers because of the extreme forgiveness I don't need to worry about miss hitting it. At the store before I took it to the range their LM said I was around 117 club head speed, but I hate swinging in their LM. I feel so inclosed. So I don't really trust indoor LM numbers.

For such a stiff shaft it isn't harsh at all. It was able to keep up with my swing when I really went after it. It wasn't as low launching as I thought it would be, but hopefully it will not balloon into the wind. I will get it out on the course tomorrow afternoon to really see how it performs.

And maybe if someone wants to pony up $800, a Diamana Stinger might be the ticket. When I first heard of the stinger, I thought of the L4V.....

God Bless

Jer

I'm too poor to afford the Stinger so I went for a more budget shaft:

IMG_1504.jpg

KILLER COMBO ... Pay attention to your spin rates ... What flex is that ??

[quote name='dunnthegunn' post='1898995' date='Aug 18 2009, 10:31 PM'][quote name='ROBOPTI' post='1880347' date='Aug 11 2009, 11:35 AM'][quote name='dunnthegunn' post='1880272' date='Aug 11 2009, 12:02 PM']Hey guys long time L4V user here. I had a matrix x-con 6 installed in it, and while it is straight I hit it way to high! So I found a graphite design tour ad throttle x flex. My swing speed is between 110-115. I am definitely a hitter with a quicker tempo. I am not sure how I should tip this shaft. The tipping instructions on GD's website says not to tip this shaft for a driver install, but I was wondering if ROBO or any others with experience with this shaft would chime in on how I should install this shaft....

Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks, Dunn[/quote]

Hmmmm ... I would go untipped - That shaft is NO PUNK ... and it is DEFINITELY !!!!!!!!!! going to lower ball flight

Let us know how that works for ya ;)
[/quote]

Well I had my Throttle installed and hit it today at the driving range. It was blowing about 10-15 down wind. There is a hill at the end of the driving range right at 300 yds and I was hitting it right into the hill most of the time. I did clear it once. I feel like I am able to swing harder with the L4V than with other drivers because of the extreme forgiveness I don't need to worry about miss hitting it. At the store before I took it to the range their LM said I was around 117 club head speed, but I hate swinging in their LM. I feel so inclosed. So I don't really trust indoor LM numbers.

For such a stiff shaft it isn't harsh at all. It was able to keep up with my swing when I really went after it. It wasn't as low launching as I thought it would be, but hopefully it will not balloon into the wind. I will get it out on the course tomorrow afternoon to really see how it performs.
[/quote]

VERY COOL !!!!!!!!!!!!! .... See - Eveeerrryyyyy now & then I know what I'm doing

Let us know how the ole' girl works on course ;)

I have to admit - I've been using the L4 a lot lately .... Cat fight between L4 & Pro D for me lately .... ZL ... Welll ... hehehehehehe :partytime2:

[quote name='OhioGolfDude' post='1894647' date='Aug 17 2009, 03:44 PM']Well I am a little disappointed with initial results hitting the L4V. I went to Golf Galaxy and low and behold they had 1 new one available (10.5), and it was marked down to $199. I was starting to get happy. So I went over to the used rack and found my driver from last year (FT-5 10 draw with Fujikura E150) and decided to have a little test. First I hit some balls with the FT-5 - pretty much everything I remember: consistent ball flight, launch angle between 13-15, and few balloon shots. Then the L4V - wow, I thought the FT-5 was loud!! This thing is like hitting an aluminum bat! But I figured if I hit some great shots and it felt much better than the FT-5 it would be worth it. I did not get that feeling, unfortunately. Most of the shots were of similar variety, a few more balloons, but definitely not head and shoulders over the FT-5. So, I guess I am back at square 1.[/quote]

Hence the 90 page thread on this club. It's all about finding the right shaft. I bought a L4V used with the stock stiff and had the same results. Shots that just fell out of the sky. Threw in a PL Red and it is MUCH better. Great trajectory with much more roll.

It's been awhile since I've posted in here..I know. Let's just say today I learned my lesson on why this driver STILL is number one in my heart.

I got a tinkering urge and picked up one of the STR8-Fit drivers, I really liked the idea of being able to open it 2 degrees and see what had happened. I will admit, I took it out on the range the first day, and I hit it really well, about 3-5 yards further than the L4, probably because it weighs so much left. On Monday at the range, I had a terrible day with it, and decided it would not go into the bag for the scramble I played in today, that would be reserved for the L4.

I played with a bunch of friends who are just getting into golfing, so we didnt shoot a great score (I think we were 5 under), but the highlight of the day was hole 10. Hole 10 is a 566 yard downhill par 5, and there was some wind behind us (maybe 10mph, I dont know for sure). The longest drive flag was quite a ways out, and before we teed off I even said "That's gonna take a poke to get it there, whoever hit that ball hit a good one." I hit last, and boy, did I hit it. I carried the ball TO (yes, TO!) the flag, it took two big hops, and rolled out a little bit. I knew I hit it good and had the longest drive, but I didn't know exactly what carnage I unleashed on the ball til we got up there. Turns out, I blew it by the previous mark by about 25 yards, and we ended up having 187 into the green. I got a free round of golf at the Quarry (a course I've always wanted to play here in San Antonio, but never got around to it) all thanks to the trusty ole L4V powering me to a 379 yard long drive winner.

She's secured her spot in the bag for good now, I am not tinkering any more. I do have to look around and try to pick up some more 9 degree heads (and maybe even pry an 8 degree from ROBOPTI somehow). I realize it is not for everyone, but as it approaches two years since it kicked the Burner out of the bag, it is STILL in there, and the force is strong with it!

Brian

[quote name='TAG617' post='1900582' date='Aug 19 2009, 03:34 PM']Hence the 90 page thread on this club. It's all about finding the right shaft. I bought a L4V used with the stock stiff and had the same results. Shots that just fell out of the sky. Threw in a PL Red and it is MUCH better. Great trajectory with much more roll.[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback. I just bought an iMix FT-5 with ProLanuch Platinum and was really hitting it well at the range today. I don't know if I will look at the L4V again, just because I seem to hit the Callaway pretty well. I find it funny that it takes so much tinkering to a driver to make it hit well. But, I guess I should know - my new FT-9 is still not setup the way I like it and I've already had 2 shafts in it!

H - 22° CLK 2020 
Tensei CK Blue 80

B - Titleist Pro V1

[quote name='leighthebee' post='1879485' date='Aug 11 2009, 06:55 PM']Hi there,

Been hitting the L4V stock shafted 9o for close to a year now and its starting to feel too soft. It's not going any further when I really chase one. So the shaft is OK if I'm swinging smoothly but not for the ambrose swing! :-)

Love the head, but what shaft do I put in it? I remember a whiteboard?? I think being the recommended shaft but now there's a whole heap of options being bandied about.

Any advice appreciated.[/quote]

just bumping this.

got some shop recommendations of the fubuki and javelin as I was told the whiteboard was a CRAZY low launch shaft.

now i'm in a quandry. what the bloody hell should i put in this things.

i am quick tempo and 6 foot 3 with a low ball flight. this is slowly creeping up as i improve my swing, but i need something to reshaft with as it feels like a licorice stick with the stock redboard which i keep being told is crap..... :help:

And maybe if someone wants to pony up $800, a Diamana Stinger might be the ticket. When I first heard of the stinger, I thought of the L4V.....

God Bless

Jer

I'm too poor to afford the Stinger so I went for a more budget shaft:

IMG_1504.jpg

KILLER COMBO ... Pay attention to your spin rates ... What flex is that ??

Stiff flex. My SS is only 105mph afterall=( No more moonballs!!! :partytime2:

[quote name='leighthebee' post='1902010' date='Aug 20 2009, 02:08 AM'][quote name='leighthebee' post='1879485' date='Aug 11 2009, 06:55 PM']Hi there,

Been hitting the L4V stock shafted 9o for close to a year now and its starting to feel too soft. It's not going any further when I really chase one. So the shaft is OK if I'm swinging smoothly but not for the ambrose swing! :-)

Love the head, but what shaft do I put in it? I remember a whiteboard?? I think being the recommended shaft but now there's a whole heap of options being bandied about.

Any advice appreciated.[/quote]

just bumping this.

got some shop recommendations of the fubuki and javelin as I was told the whiteboard was a CRAZY low launch shaft.

now i'm in a quandry. what the bloody hell should i put in this things.

i am quick tempo and 6 foot 3 with a low ball flight. this is slowly creeping up as i improve my swing, but i need something to reshaft with as it feels like a licorice stick with the stock redboard which i keep being told is crap..... :help:

[/quote]

I hit moonballs with the stock shaft. Swapped it with Fubuki and it is as high, if not higher. I did gain more distance but didn't like the ballflight - ended up pulling it out after couple rounds.
For people hit the stock shaft really high the Fubuki isn't going to help bring the flight down. Great shaft, but not a good combo with this head(worked for me really well with the R9, however)

That being said, if you're hitting the stock shaft low like you said, the Fubuki might work for you since it IS a high launching shaft especially with this head.
If you're interested I have a freshly pulled Fubuki 63s that was from this head. Tipped 1/2inch and to be played at 45" length.
PM me if you're interested.

I don't care what anyone says .... WB IS NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! low launch. It may be the lowest launching Diamana - BUT it is far from low launch as compared to many others. It is low spin and an AWESOME !!!!

Sorry to hear it didn't work for the previous poster ... But hey - It would be boring if we all liked the same thing ... Thanks either way for the 411 :friends:

Frankie/Lama ... I'm gonna give you a call and harrass the both of you ;)

Lama Lama Lama .... What were ya thinkin :lol:

[quote name='ROBOPTI' post='1903027' date='Aug 20 2009, 02:37 PM']I don't care what anyone says .... WB IS NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! low launch. It may be the lowest launching Diamana - BUT it is far from low launch as compared to many others. It is low spin and an AWESOME !!!!

Sorry to hear it didn't work for the previous poster ... But hey - It would be boring if we all liked the same thing ... Thanks either way for the 411 :friends:

Frankie/Lama ... I'm gonna give you a call and harrass the both of you ;)

Lama Lama Lama .... What were ya thinkin :lol:[/quote]

You can't harrass me! Heck I've been razzed by the best and I'm still here!! Good to hear from you, looking forward to that round of GOLF! Next time you call DON'T STOP TO EAT! IT'S TOO LOUD IN THERE! [size=1]can you hear me now??? :cheesy: [/size]

[quote name='gsazabi' post='1902964' date='Aug 21 2009, 04:05 AM']I hit moonballs with the stock shaft. Swapped it with Fubuki and it is as high, if not higher. I did gain more distance but didn't like the ballflight - ended up pulling it out after couple rounds.
For people hit the stock shaft really high the Fubuki isn't going to help bring the flight down. Great shaft, but not a good combo with this head(worked for me really well with the R9, however)

That being said, if you're hitting the stock shaft low like you said, the Fubuki might work for you since it IS a high launching shaft especially with this head.
If you're interested I have a freshly pulled Fubuki 63s that was from this head. Tipped 1/2inch and to be played at 45" length.
PM me if you're interested.[/quote]

thanks, but i'm in australia :-)

cheers for the reply, definitely helps formulate some thoughts. the Fubu might launch too high when my swing levels out.

might just throw in the whiteboard and go from there. if i need to find a middle ground then i'll look again.