COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

WICKED!!! OMG...I can't wait to hit this F'ing thing!!! Nice going Mr.PAV. Going back a few posts...I don't know if the type of ball will make a difference with this MONSTER. FWIW...like I said in the L4V "Love Thread", I'll be seeing Mr.Vector tomorrow to check out the #'s. I'll be using a Srixon Z-URS for testing. I hope it's just the heavy SW throwing me off a bit, but the V2 X I have in mine seems a little whippy, but if BP can hit the crap out of a stocker...then what the hell?
We shall see.

Okay, now I am forced to respond. Love the ROBOPTI, but it looks like he forgot to take his meds today. Now most of the story is true but I will expand and divulge the truth a little more.

First, it was a [b]Corporate Outing[/b], no idea what the h*ll a "[i]corporating outing[/i]" is.

Second, I was pretty much between the blue and the white so we will call it 400 yards to be safe. I know ROBOPTI, I am splitting hairs, but oh well. This hole though is slightly uphill, pretty tight and anyone who has ever played on an over-seeded course knows how wet they are.

Third, never hit a ball in the bunker. Hit 4 that were even to the left of the bunker about 2-3 yards off the green. The majority of the tee shots that I hit were about 60-30 yards from the green with minimal roll. I did hit 2 balls OB left though, but that was because I was trying to hit the path and pulled it about 10 yards or they didn't cut. I like a cut shot. I did hit the path 4 times tough, the 4 that were just off the green. Standing on a hole and telling someone that you are going to hit the path and doing it makes you look pretty good. At least 4 out of 13 groups thought that I was pretty good.

I will say this though, the L4V has to be the easiest to hit driver that I have ever swung. It is a point and shoot club. Even a few of the swings that I took that I got way in-front off stayed on the course. For the first time ever hitting a L4V, I give it a big thumbs up. The driver is that good and it has the info and stats to prove it, literally.

That being said I just got my new L4V that I am going to probably shaft with a Protopype XX. I am still ticked though, because as a Cobra Staffer I still have 4 less than that psycho ROBOPTI.

And how many less than me?? My second one to do shaft testing with arrived today!! I think I am gonna keep the stock shaft in there for the first bit....and then worry about getting a reshaft when I get back rather than rush and try to get some quality time with a quality shaft in before my trip East.

Brian

[attachment=210868:2nd_L4V.JPG]

[attachment=210869:2nd_L4V__1_.JPG]

[attachment=210870:Redboard_62.JPG]

[attachment=210871:Updated_Bag.JPG]

SON OF A ... Nice goin' guys!! Now you got one of the best LDers of all time

toughting the L4V. So what did I do? I just went and ordered one!!!!!

If I get divorced and become a dead beat dad because of my HOing ways, i'm

coming after you guys. :D . WHY DO I HAVE AN URGE FOR KOOL-AID! :man_in_love:

BTW, Nice to have you on our board Mr. Pavlet.

[quote name='BPavlet' post='879188' date='Jan 23 2008, 07:00 PM']Okay, now I am forced to respond. Love the ROBOPTI, but it looks like he forgot to take his meds today. Now most of the story is true but I will expand and divulge the truth a little more.

First, it was a [b]Corporate Outing[/b], no idea what the h*ll a "[i]corporating outing[/i]" is.

Second, I was pretty much between the blue and the white so we will call it 400 yards to be safe. I know ROBOPTI, I am splitting hairs, but oh well. This hole though is slightly uphill, pretty tight and anyone who has ever played on an over-seeded course knows how wet they are.

Third, never hit a ball in the bunker. Hit 4 that were even to the left of the bunker about 2-3 yards off the green. The majority of the tee shots that I hit were about 60-30 yards from the green with minimal roll. I did hit 2 balls OB left though, but that was because I was trying to hit the path and pulled it about 10 yards or they didn't cut. I like a cut shot. I did hit the path 4 times tough, the 4 that were just off the green. Standing on a hole and telling someone that you are going to hit the path and doing it makes you look pretty good. At least 4 out of 13 groups thought that I was pretty good.

I will say this though, the L4V has to be the easiest to hit driver that I have ever swung. It is a point and shoot club. Even a few of the swings that I took that I got way in-front off stayed on the course. For the first time ever hitting a L4V, I give it a big thumbs up. The driver is that good and it has the info and stats to prove it, literally.

That being said I just got my new L4V that I am going to probably shaft with a Protopype XX. I am still ticked though, because as a Cobra Staffer I still have 4 less than that psycho ROBOPTI.[/quote]

BPavlet welcome aboard to WRX...yah ROBO and the typos are all part of the Psycho charm. :man_in_love:
We are just so used to the bad grammar that we don't even see it. (Sorry Robo love ya man - LOL)
It is very cool that we have all taken to the L4V because of ROBO, he is definitely the L4V champion...I like your comment about the point and shoot, that is a great analogy...I think this is the easiest driver to hit ever and the fun part is that it is a bomber! Please keep us up to date as you get your own L4V combo built and your exploits with it. I want to hear all about it. Thanks for posting and take care.

Kindest regards, Shawnee

Titleist Tsi4 / Callaway 4w /Call Hy/ Call UT 3i /Srixon z745 4-P /Vokey Wedgeworks 50m+56v /Cameron Newport 

[quote name='daughterscameron' post='879332' date='Jan 23 2008, 07:10 PM']SON OF A ... Nice goin' guys!! Now you got one of the best LDers of all time

toughting the L4V. So what did I do? I just went and ordered one!!!!!

If I get divorced and become a dead beat dad because of my HOing ways, i'm

coming after you guys. :D . WHY DO I HAVE AN URGE FOR KOOL-AID! :man_in_love:

BTW, Nice to have you on our board Mr. Pavlet.[/quote]

This kind of Kool-Aid?

[attachment=210922:Finished_Kool_Aid.jpg]

It is DELICIOUS!!

Brian

because of the size of the head i have lost 9 mph with this club over a superquad. whats up? still getting the same distance though. would like to get the mph back though.

TITLEIST TS3 8.5 T1100
Callaway XR Pro 15* Fairway
Taylormade GAPR 2
Honma 737V 4-pw
Titleist SM6 52/58
Machine M20 Converter Aluminum Bronze
Scotty Newport Select

[quote name='PeteMTG' post='879456' date='Jan 23 2008, 06:09 PM']I loved my L4V before with a Rombax 5X07 in it, BUT.... Just put a Matrix Ozik CODE 6 in it, and I have never in my life been longer, or straighter.

I cant believe it. When people on the range stop and look and wonder what the hell I was hitting and I said simply..

"Technology....."[/quote]
That is sweet!

Man, I can't wait to get my L4V-X out there!! Aurgh, this Nor Cal rain is killing me!!!

Ok, I can't stand it anymore.....I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on one of these. Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction with which head to go with.
I'm a higher handicapper (15) with a good swing, but not as consistent as it needs to be. My SS is about 104, with a fairly quick tempo so I'm right on the border between the F and X. My miss tends to be a block to the right (not squaring the clubface) but I'm doing lessons so I think some of that will go away. I have a mid ball flight with a draw, ball speed around 148 or so. I think my spin is typically around 2800-3000
I have read that the F is square and the X is 1* open. What do you think? Order and X or an F??
Other than face angle and stock shaft weight are there any other differences? (I'm planning on trying the stcokshaft before dumping it, I guess for a Whiteboard. Never tried a protopype or the shaft that Lama is using)

Thanks for your help!

[quote name='sawmillphil' post='879606' date='Jan 23 2008, 07:47 PM'][quote name='golfware' post='879458' date='Jan 23 2008, 09:11 PM']Man, I can't wait to get my L4V-X out there!! Aurgh, this Nor Cal rain is killing me!!![/quote]

LOL...
Rain...how's light snow,17 degrees with a windchill making it feel like 5 degrees grab ya???
Oh Canada!!
[/quote]

OUCH! I guess I can't complain!! I don't see how you can stand it!! Man, I'm cold just reading a temp like that!!

[quote name='tomg1969' post='879659' date='Jan 23 2008, 08:16 PM']Ok, I can't stand it anymore.....I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on one of these. Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction with which head to go with.
I'm a higher handicapper (15) with a good swing, but not as consistent as it needs to be. My SS is about 104, with a fairly quick tempo so I'm right on the border between the F and X. My miss tends to be a block to the right (not squaring the clubface) but I'm doing lessons so I think some of that will go away. I have a mid ball flight with a draw, ball speed around 148 or so. I think my spin is typically around 2800-3000
I have read that the F is square and the X is 1* open. What do you think? Order and X or an F??
Other than face angle and stock shaft weight are there any other differences? (I'm planning on trying the stcokshaft before dumping it, I guess for a Whiteboard. Never tried a protopype or the shaft that Lama is using)

Thanks for your help![/quote]

Hum... With a SS of 104, I'd get the X. I've seen some that are dead square, and quite a few that are open.

But I'd get the X.

Freaking HILARIOUS! What a cool story...and even more cool to have the Pav man on board!

Yes..ROBOPTI is largely responsible for the major spike in sales on this club...Lama is not far off himself :D I took the plunge myself...and am dying here waiting for it, and my Whiteboard, to arrive so I can GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD!!! :man_in_love:

Thanks for the reports guys...this is not only informative, but FUN AS HECK!

RIDE

yeah, you're all to blame...the whole lot of yer...*gulp*....*gulp*...the robo kool aid is tasting quite nice today...*gulp*

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Well, either my L4V X is extremely open or the VS Proto 65 X-stiff at 45 1/2" is far too stiff for me. I suspect it is the later. The left side of the fairway is completely out of play with that shaft. Unfortunately, the right side of the fairway would not be in play either. Distance suffered and the ball flight was higher than I wanted. With the stock Redboard I got great distance and straight ball flight. The launch angle was higher than I wanted though.

I figured I would need to install a different shaft anyway. So I am going to try Aldila NV ProtoPype 60 S. It's a more appropriate flex and it should lower the ball flight to what I want.

Anyone have a stock Redboard pull from an L4V X that want to get rid of?

Scott

[quote name='sidewinder' post='879806' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:16 PM']Well, either my L4V X is extremely open or the VS Proto 65 X-stiff at 45 1/2" is far too stiff for me. I suspect it is the later.[/quote]

Perhaps Cobra actually took into account the extra Proto tip and head weight and it is a genuine X stiff. Thanks for the probable info as if i get the Proto i might go with my normal stiff.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

I have a L4V - x sitting here waiting to be hit, but winter in Canada is not very pleasant.
Just a question for those out there- anyone try this with a BlueBoard? I loved the feel of the blueboard when I tried it, but it seems everyone is pointing toward the whiteboard.

My spin is very high with almost every driver I've ever hit. When I was testing the Cobra with the stock shaft, my spin was about 4000 rpm, 106-108 mpg ss, and 155 ballspeed and about 260-265 yards carry.
Will the blueboard help me get more distance, or did I just spend 200 bucks on a pretty looking shaft :man_in_love:

[quote name='elippsis' post='880252' date='Jan 24 2008, 11:34 AM']I have a L4V - x sitting here waiting to be hit, but winter in Canada is not very pleasant.
Just a question for those out there- anyone try this with a BlueBoard? I loved the feel of the blueboard when I tried it, but it seems everyone is pointing toward the whiteboard.

My spin is very high with almost every driver I've ever hit. When I was testing the Cobra with the stock shaft, my spin was about 4000 rpm, 106-108 mpg ss, and 155 ballspeed and about 260-265 yards carry.
Will the blueboard help me get more distance, or did I just spend 200 bucks on a pretty looking shaft :man_in_love:[/quote]
The Blueboard is a higher spin shaft, if your numbers were at 4 grand with the BB then I would think the Whiteboard would definitly help you out.

Ping G430 Max 10K Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG 0317T 4-P, SteelFiber PR

Ping i159 50*, 54*, 58*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

[quote name='golfware' post='880387' date='Jan 24 2008, 02:03 PM']Has anyone used a counter-balance with the L4V??[/quote]

No, but I'm thinking about it. I just got back from Launch Monitor testing, and let me tell you...this Driver is heavy. I'm sure it's because I haven't hit a ball since November. The V2 X I have is very comprable to what I've been gaming prior. Plus it's 1" longer than what I prefer. So I was thinking...I'm going to shorten it to 44.5, and back weight it with some lead tape. LOL...man was I ever rusty...that's what I expected though. Anyway, I'll post my #'s in the "L4V Love thread"...I think that's where I had my r7 #'s posted...so many threads to keep track of...lol.

[i]Edit...My bad golfware, if you were talking about a particular shaft...so many damn shafts![/i]

[quote name='sawmillphil' post='875448' date='Jan 21 2008, 06:18 PM']Seeing as how I haven't picked up a club since November...I'll hit the launch monitor later this week. Going to start swinging my wedge indoors for a few days to try, and wake up the golf muscles. I'll be warmed up best I can be for this time of the year. I'll be testing with my 2007 game ball - Srixon Z-URS. Looking forward to the end of the week. I'll post my #'s. So I'm asking in advance, please be gentle...LOL. Hopefully, I'll be able to get up to speed.
Here were my "[color="#ff0000"]average[/color][color="#000000"]" #[/color]'s from Arpil 10th,2007. [color="#ff0000"]Edit: Used a Pro V1X for this test.[/color]
[b][i]r7 Quad TP 9.5*([color="#ff0000"]Tour Issue[/color][/i][/b][color="#000000"][b][i]) w/Harrison PRO 2.5 X (Tipped 1.5") @ 44.5"
[/i][/b]Carry: [b]278.9[/b]
Total Distance: [b]292.1[/b]
Ball Speed: [b]159.7[/b]
Launch: [b]13.4[/b]
Backspin: [b]3450[/b] (*Remember this was at start of '07 season for me. I may have got it lower as the year went on. I was killing this combo.*)
Club Speed : [b]114.9[/b]

So, I'll see right off the bat if I can top these #'s with my combo of:
[b][i]L4VX w/UST V2 [color="#ff0000"]X[/color][/i][/b][color="#000000"][b][i] @ 45.5" [/i][/b](This shaft doesn't seem to be as stiff as my current gamer.)
[/color]So we shall see. :man_in_love: Later......Phil.
[/color][/quote]

[b][i]OKAY...So I haven't hit a ball in 80 days!! Like I said above be gentle...LOL.
[/i][/b]Here are my "[color="#ff0000"]average[/color][color="#000000"]" for January 24th, 2008.
[/color][b][i]Cobra L4V X 9.0* w/ UST V2 [color="#ff0000"]X[/color][/i][/b][color="#000000"][b][i] @ 45.5"[/i][/b] [color="#000000"]([/color][color="#ff0000"]Srixon Z-URS test ball.[/color][color="#000000"])[/color]
[/color]Carry: [b]276.5
[/b]Total Distance: [b]291.1
[/b]Ball Speed: [b]157.7
[/b]Launch: [b]13.0
[/b]Backspin: [b]3173
[/b]Club Speed: [b]109.0
[/b]
Let me just first start by saying...[b][i]I did this for [color="#ff0000"]myself[/color], just to have an idea how the V2 [color="#ff0000"]X [/color]would perform. I just wanted to share my #'s with fellow L4V X devotees with similar #'s. [/i][/b]I think it may be a keeper. I'm going to shorten it to 44.5", and a touch of backweighting. Man...did it ever feel heavy, again simply a result of my golf season ending in November. Let me also state, that I generally don't start hitting balls until Mid-February. So there you go...I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to bring my normal "heat" so to speak...off by about 5 mph there, which is understandable all things considered. I think with a little tweaking, I'll be getting more yardage with this club...no problem.[color="#000000"] All in all...pretty comparable, at a SS that was just off a touch. Here are my Highs, and Lows:
[b][i]Note: [/i][/b]About 6 passes were discarded...closer to the start of session...3 mishits, and 3 no readings. [b]* [/b][color="#ff0000"]I have a mishit still in there that should have been scratched, thus bringing the average down a bit. I'll be using the 2nd worst for the low[b][color="#000000"]* Counting 13/20[/color][/b][/color]
Carry: [b]295.3 / 269.8
[/b]Total Distance: [b]312.5 / 282.4
[/b]Ball Speed: [b]162.3 / 154.0
[/b]Launch: [b]17.1 / 10.1
[/b]Backspin: [b]3510 / 2222
[/b]Club Speed: [b]110.8 / 106.7
[/b]
Talk to you guys...later...Phil.[/color]

[quote name='sawmillphil' post='880458' date='Jan 24 2008, 11:42 AM'][quote name='golfware' post='880387' date='Jan 24 2008, 02:03 PM']Has anyone used a counter-balance with the L4V??[/quote]

No, but I'm thinking about it. I just got back from Launch Monitor testing, and let me tell you...this Driver is heavy. I'm sure it's because I haven't hit a ball since November. The V2 X I have is very comprable to what I've been gaming prior. Plus it's 1" longer than what I prefer. So I was thinking...I'm going to shorten it to 44.5, and back weight it with some lead tape. LOL...man was I ever rusty...that's what I expected though. Anyway, I'll post my #'s in the "L4V Love thread"...I think that's where I had my r7 #'s posted...so many threads to keep track of...lol.

[i]Edit...My bad golfware, if you we talking about a particular shaft...so many damn shafts![/i]
[/quote]

Thanks!! No, I was thinking of that "counter-balance" system where you put a weight in the butt end of the grip. That's all I was referring to. No specific shaft...