2019 Taiwan Swinging Skirts LPGA Oct 31 - Nov 03

Argonne69

Many current top LPGA players finished high on the leaderboard when they qualified:

Jessica Korda, 2nd, 2010

Moriya Jutanugarn, 2nd, 2012

Mirim Lee, 2nd, 2013

Minjee Lee, 1st, 2014

Angel Yin, 3rd, 2016

Nasa Hataoka, 1st, 2017

Lucky 6, 1st, 2018

Jessica, Moriya, Minjee, Angel and Nasa were all straight from high school.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the h-ll. 90 minutes of golf? By Sunday they'll simply skip the golf and show a highlight reel. If we're lucky. Pfffftttttt.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Wow, except for the delay today, I couldn't be happier.

Got that beautiful long coverage from yesterday, and got to see Jin Young a lot.

Then today ... got to see Inky some! Always great. And so much Su, Minjee, and MJ. I'm in golf watching heaven ... while I'm up here, any of them to win please!

Su seems so up and down: great start of the year, not so great middle, and now back to great again. Meanwhile still basking in MJ's amazing season. Both looking great on the fashion front today too.

One thing that was really cool was MJ and Minjee walking and talking a lot together. Really like when players are friendly.

Stooch, were you really hunting moose? Wow ... I've never actually seen one, but read they're very dangerous.

No details provided thus far, but was just announced that Jin Young Ko has withdrawn from the tournament.

Don’t want to speculate, but always had the impression something may have been out of sync with her—especially this week. Sad reality of golf, even the best of the best experience some ebb and flow in their games from time to time.

Nelly appearing to be in control, but Minjee just birdied to jump into a share of the lead.

Su Oh was going along well until last few holes, but just birdied to hopefully regain some of that lost momentum.

Blending a bit of the old with the new going into 2024

PXG 0311 Black OPS Driver 10.5* 

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Fairway 3W 15*

Tour Edge Hot Launch C524 Hybrid 3H 19* / 4H 22* 

PXG 0311 XP Gen6 Double Black Irons 5i - GW 

Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black Wedge 54* / 58*

Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 702 Putter

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver 10.5* (alt)

> @NikeGolfer76 said:

> No details provided thus far, but was just announced that Jin Young Ko has withdrawn from the tournament.

>

> Don’t want to speculate, but always had the impression something may have been out of sync with her—especially this week. Sad reality of golf, even the best of the best experience some ebb and flow in their games from time to time.

Hope she's not hurt or something like that. It's a bad look though if she WD to protect having a chance at the scoring or GIR records (tired or not this week). I haven't done the math to see if they are in reach with 1 tournament to go and two bad rounds since the last stats were posted.

Annika's scoring record is fairly safe I believe. Curious, do Jin Young's first two rounds count for statistical purposes with the WD? They are completed rounds.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Looks like Nelly likes holding on to the trophy. Impressive 3rd round to give herself a three shot cushion over Minjee. Surprised to see MJ have a round in the 70's, as she's been firing on all cylinders. She's not out of it though at five back.

Caroline hasn't had a win in ages. Her final round scoring hasn't been great this year. She'll need at least a 65 to have a chance, as Nelly and Minjee haven't had a round over 67 this week.

Nice to see IK in the mix. Slim chance to come from six back, but a top 3 would be great.

Yeah, horrible coverage again. The Geritol Tour steals 15 minutes, and they follow with 15 minutes of fluff. Half hour before we see a shot.

Brooke got screwed on the 15th. Six feet from the first cut and the ball can't be found in the rough? Nuts.

Jin young injured.. ankle injury

> @agolf1 said:

> > @NikeGolfer76 said:

> > No details provided thus far, but was just announced that Jin Young Ko has withdrawn from the tournament.

> >

> > Don’t want to speculate, but always had the impression something may have been out of sync with her—especially this week. Sad reality of golf, even the best of the best experience some ebb and flow in their games from time to time.

> Hope she's not hurt or something like that. It's a bad look though if she WD to protect having a chance at the scoring or GIR records (tired or not this week). I haven't done the math to see if they are in reach with 1 tournament to go and two bad rounds since the last stats were posted.

Ah gee ... I guess I was too happy about who's on screen again, that I really enjoyed it. Though I would have liked it to be much longer. Would have been amazing to have four hours of a day like today.

Also I like the crew. I thought the part about Brooke's golf ball and the hotdog on the stick yesterday were really funny, and I never learned this much about IK's parents or Su stuff. They had a lot of interesting tidbits.

Kind of a flat day for MJ unfortunately. But she never got frustrated or down. I do think that's something to her big resurgence.

It was fantastic getting to see so much of Inky /sigh She's so intriguing, looking really great.

Seems like this day could pretty much have decided the tournament? Great stuff from Nelly.

I hope Jin Young is ok.

Such a different experience watching the livestream. Whatever dead space incurred is generally filled with hole flyovers and shot replays instead of commercials. Helps to drive the perception of continuous golf.

The international commentating team, while admittedly chatty at times, has actually started to grow on me. Almost as though they may have been reading this forum because the banter is noticeably more toned down today.

Course is really challenging with swirling winds and interesting hole placements.

Just starting the back nine...some excellent golf being played. (Have to reminding myself: No Spoilers)

Noteworthy that final grouping is having to endure lengthy waits on nearly every tee. Curious to see if that happens to play a factor as they play deeper into the round.

Blending a bit of the old with the new going into 2024

PXG 0311 Black OPS Driver 10.5* 

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Fairway 3W 15*

Tour Edge Hot Launch C524 Hybrid 3H 19* / 4H 22* 

PXG 0311 XP Gen6 Double Black Irons 5i - GW 

Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black Wedge 54* / 58*

Tour Edge Exotics Wingman 702 Putter

Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Driver 10.5* (alt)

With her second LPGA win this year; Nelly Korda will move to No. 3 in Rolex ranking and starts her reign as No. 1 American.

This's Nelly's third win this year, Including her LET win in France in September.

Nelly should have a long tenure as #1 American, unless there're serious challenges from the new rookies.

> @Argonne69 said:

> Yeah, horrible coverage again. The Geritol Tour steals 15 minutes, and they follow with 15 minutes of fluff. Half hour before we see a shot.

>

>** Brooke got screwed on the 15th. Six feet from the first cut and the ball can't be found in the rough? Nuts. **

>

When I seen the double on the scorecard I thought she hit it in a hazard and after her tee shot I thought "oh, she got aggressive from her lie and hit it in the drink", color me shocked when I saw the double was the result of missing the Fairway by about 15 yards in plain sight lol. Although the double cost her a chance at the win, missing the putt on 17 after the great bunker shot is what really hurt, even if it's only one stroke. The sad part is if this had been a PGA event the on-course commentator would have been in touch with booth and they'd have found the ball in 2 minutes lol

Congrats to Nelly she was the best all week, even with an off Sunday. Mrs Masson made things interesting and Minjee was close but never quite able to get it all together and get the lead. I hope Jin Young isn't hurt too bad, a minor sub-plot at the tour Finale is the battle for most Top 10's in 2019 and the MEGA 100K that comes with it (100K is nice chunk of change but seems rather cheap in this age sports money lol)

Mellow: In my experience Moose are shy and elusive animals who don't like humans and usually run as fast as they can the other way when they see one. Now if you get in their area or they get in yours when it's mating season it could be much different. Moose during the mating season are like 1200 pound horny teenagers who perceive you as trying to get in the way of them hooking up with their lady and yeah that can be a little dangerous lol

Gah, I've gone ahead and spoilered myself. But only because after round 3 it looked pretty close to a lock. Nelly was showing no signs of weakness.

Congrats to Nelly! It's a special thing to actually real-life successfully defend! What a killer season for her.

> @18majors said:

> With her second LPGA win this year; Nelly Korda will move to No. 3 in Rolex ranking and starts her reign as No. 1 American.

> This's Nelly's third win this year, Including her LET win in France in September.

> Nelly should have a long tenure as #1 American, unless there're serious challenges from the new rookies.

Wow, interesting point, going to have to wrap my head around this. Really used of thinking of this as Lexi? Danielle maybe a factor too.

Ah like I said I wish day 3 had gone better for the other contenders. Always really hoping for Su to break through in particular. Still excited to see IK and MJ in the conversation.

> @Stooch said:

> Although the double cost her a chance at the win, missing the putt on 17 after the great bunker shot is what really hurt, even if it's only one stroke. The sad part is if this had been a PGA event the on-course commentator would have been in touch with booth and they'd have found the ball in 2 minutes lol

Yeah, watching her heading back to the tee was such a sinking feeling. Hate it comes down to luck of someone stumbling across it in a few minutes or not.

That is interesting about moose, heck I run from people too! I guess you only hear about the times something goes unusual wrong. Man everyone goes crazy during mating season...

Is Nelly the new face of American women's golf?

[https://golfchannelvod-amd.akamaized.net/NBCU_Sports_Group_-_GolfChannel/5/723/Hj2QXTmj0OkWA1NI04HueNPDIyi7yIbc_1572788343201.mp4](https://golfchannelvod-amd.akamaized.net/NBCU_Sports_Group_-_GolfChannel/5/723/Hj2QXTmj0OkWA1NI04HueNPDIyi7yIbc_1572788343201.mp4 "https://golfchannelvod-amd.akamaized.net/NBCU_Sports_Group_-_GolfChannel/5/723/Hj2QXTmj0OkWA1NI04HueNPDIyi7yIbc_1572788343201.mp4")

Wow. Really goes to show a five shot lead can turn into nothing.

That was a lot of bad spots and recovering and making-the-least-errors stuff. No one wilted under the pressure though. Was proud for Minjee's last regulation putt. Nelly sure did everything great in the playoff.

Holy heck that caddie is probably in for a very chilly couple of months... brave man...

I again really like the crew and thought Minjee as Switzerland was funny.

zomg Su totally crushed the fashion battle, wow

So jealous of the galleries and countries that are more excited about the tour.

tesco that sounds awful... Will be really hoping for Jin Young to be ok :(

According to Korea media...

Ko Jin-young (24, photo), the world's No. 1 women's golf, withdrew from the third round of the Taiwan Women's Professional Golf (LPGA) Tour Swinging Skirts.

Go Jin-young, who lost two shots with one birdie and one triple bogie in the third round of the tournament in Taiwan on the 2nd, resigned after finishing 10 holes (based on scorecards). In 1st and 2nd rounds, he was one over and two over, respectively.

Some fans raised the suspicion that Ko Jin-young, who is the number one at batting average (68.933), withdrew to manage the bat. However, Ko Jin-young's agency, Galaxy A SM, said, "It's not a batting official, but absent from injury." According to GalaxyA SM, Ko Jin Young took a practice swing in the 18th hole of the first round, and felt a pain in her left ankle while taping after finishing the round. A Galaxy A SM official said, “In the second round, I was in poor shape, but Ko Jinyoung decided to play for the fans. In the third round, the balance of the body was compromised, causing pain in the right ankle. I decided to abstain because I could not continue the game. ”

Ko Jin-young, who has participated in the competition for five consecutive weeks and has accumulated fatigue and injuries, plans to return to Korea to rest and concentrate on managing the injury.

Meanwhile, in the swinging skirts that ended on the 3rd, Nelly Corda (USA) went on to win an 18-under-par tie with Carolyn Masson (Germany), Lee Min-ji (Australia), and won a birdie in the first hole of the extension.

By Jung Yoon-cheol, staff reporter [email protected]

Well, that was exciting, and rather unexpected. After three solid rounds, I did not expect to see Nelly three putt her way to a 72. She had it when it mattered most, though. Congrats on the win, and the move to #3. (OK, where on Earth has Lexi been since mid-July?)

Caroline played much better than I expect. However, a poor drive in the playoff, and a poor chip on the final hole of regulation sealed it for her.

Minjee really missed a golden opportunity here. With Nelly struggling on the back nine, she couldn't afford to drop two shots herself.

How does Brooke do it? She was basically a non-entity for most of the week, and still manages a T4. She never seems to be completely out of it.

'Nice fist bump between Nelly and Minjee, but I really wish the other players would wait until after the pleasantries have been exchanged before starting with the champagne.

I do like the Aussie crew, even though they are excessively chatty. The GC editor needs to be beaten with a brick, though. If they're going to cut holes out of the broadcast, is it asking too much to add a highlights segment for the holes skipped? The broadcast was delayed over 12 hours. Not enough time?

Sorry about this. I am working on my patter to become a presenter...

Well, congratulations to the American! The 21 year old always looked a touch above the field, even though it went to a play-off with the 23 year old, and the woman from North Rhine Westphalia. This has been a frustrating year for the girl from Perth, and I think she has to look into what she is doing under pressure, down the stretch – despite fighting back into a play-off. But she sure is gifted!

As an Aussie, I was hoping the Melburnian from Busan, Korea could open her account in the W column, but hopes faded on Day 3.

My pre-tournament tip, the Japanese, looked the goods on Day 1, but the 21 year old barely fired a shot thereafter. I still think the girl from Okayama (Wasn’t there a song...oh wait, no that was Ipanema) is the real deal, and I hope she makes the Olympics. I am not 100% clear about the selection criteria for the second spot. Obviously the 20 year old, 3-time LPGA winner is a lock.

One more issue from this tournament for me was the rules of play for the Aon Risk Reward competition. I guess nobody really thought it through, but the sudden inclusion of a $1 million “side competition” is problematic when first prize for this tournament is $310,000. I don’t believe the Spaniard was gaming the system by withdrawing. Given there are two more tournaments remaining in season, I am sure the girl from Pamplona withdrew from genuine reasons. But it opens up possibilities. Imagine if this were the last tournament. A certain 23 year old Thai might be a little miffed at that withdrawal.

I really like watching Nellie Korda swing a golf club. Hated to see her struggle on the greens, but I just think she's got a great swing and is totally fun to watch.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W