Alphard eWheels V2 coming

JDFish

20 hours ago, snagy2000 said:

I got notice today, mine will be delivered Monday. 

Yep got my FedEx tracker as well yesterday. Tuesday for me in Virginia. Really good stuff in the FB group from those in Canada that have received them in the last few days. Really stoked about what I'm seeing....

Ping G430 Max Ventus TR Red Velocore 6R
Titleist TSR 2 3wood Tensei S

Callaway Apex UW 21 Hazardous Smoke 5.5
Mizuno MP 243 5-GW C-Taper Lite R
Mizuno S23 51

Mizuno S22 54

Edel SMS 58
Toulon Daytona StrokeLab 35"

Talk about good timing... for those in the 2nd shipment, got an update this morning. Sept/Oct if all goes well:

I'm guessing our Canadian backers have their V2's?

We shipped everything out the door from our first US container.  We're trying to get the tracking numbers and send them by email.  Meanwhile, you can download the fedex app and see where they are.

The second US container is confirmed.  It's leaving September 2nd and ETA Seattle is September 26th.  So they should be at your door early October.

We're loading the Australia container tomorrow.  ETA Sydney is September 5th.

Our EU backers should also see them early September.  In case they ask you for import tax or VAT, please just pay it to get it cleared.  We'll pay you back.  We promise.

TFS - In case you missed the earlier updates, we didn't include the TFS in the box.  They're still in production(see below) and we should ship them by air next week.  We know you're gonna love it.

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

13 minutes ago, teedub21 said:

I bought into the campaign in February and haven’t gotten any shipment notification. When did you guys with shipping notices buy in?

I am #11 and haven't received a shipping notice.  Those with the Fed Ex app who are having deliveries to their home can see the shipping notice/information.  Mine is being shipped to my office and the app will only allow for residences not businesses.  I also purchased the V1 through kickstarter and never received the shipping notice - it'll show up, I'm confident.  The post today said all units in the first container have been shipped out.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

2 minutes ago, JDFish said:

I am #11 and haven't received a shipping notice.  Those with the Fed Ex app who are having deliveries to their home can see the shipping notice/information.  Mine is being shipped to my office and the app will only allow for residences not businesses.  I also purchased the V1 through kickstarter and never received the shipping notice - it'll show up, I'm confident.  The post today said all units in the first container have been shipped out.

Is your contribution id number where you are in line?  I also use the fedex app but am having it sent to my office. 

15 minutes ago, teedub21 said:

Is your contribution id number where you are in line?  I also use the fedex app but am having it sent to my office. 

I suppose that is one way of looking it it - I was the 11th purchaser in the campaign.  I think the first container held the V2s for #1 to #1000 something (I don't recall the exact cut off).  You won't be able see the notification on the app either since you are having it delivered to your office.

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

1 hour ago, JDFish said:

I suppose that is one way of looking it it - I was the 11th purchaser in the campaign.  I think the first container held the V2s for #1 to #1000 something (I don't recall the exact cut off).  You won't be able see the notification on the app either since you are having it delivered to your office.

Well my contribution id is 797 from February 23rd. Hope I’m in the first batch. 

The V2 arrived yesterday.  After a bit of charging and converting the Rovic, I took it out for a little play time in the yard.  Works like a champ.  Sadly, it arrived just before vacation, so I won't get to put it thru its paces until after Labor Day.  

V2 on Rovic.jpg

"Obviously you're not a golfer." ~ The Dude
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it
." ~ Ferris Bueller
"The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight." ~ Ben Hogan

Woods:    Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5* (D,-1) - VA Composites Slay 65 Four | Callaway Rogue ST Max 15* 3W - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S | Callaway Rogue ST Max 20* HeavenWood - Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 70S

Irons:      Artisan FC 4-P - Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff | Mizuno MX-20 4-P DG300S (when I am not getting along with the Artisans)

Wedges:  Artisan 50*, 54*, 58* - DG300S

Putter:     Artisan 0920 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie | Artisan 0220 long plumbers neck - 360g, 34.25", 3* loft, 66.5* lie

Ball:         Titleist Pro V1 | Bridgestone Tour B X

Mine arrived today.  Fingers crossed I'll get to try it out for 9 tomorrow and 18 Saturday and Sunday (hurricane remnants not withstanding).

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

Mine also just arrived.  Going to be testing it out this afternoon.  One question for anyone that has a bagboy triswivel, but after tying down the brake cables and installing the new brackets, is anyone having trouble folding the cart back up?  I can fold the handle and front wheel no issue, but when i try to fold up the body, i can only get 50%-60% folded before i hit resistance.  With pressure, i can fully fold it up, then as if it is spring loaded, the body partially unfolds back to that point of resistance (i.e. 50%-60% folded). Has anyone had a similar issue, could i have tightened the bracket screws to much?  I don't think this will impact the performance at all, something more of an inconvenience, but i figure i may have messed something up in the install. I'll reach out to Alphard later tonight, but figured i'd check here as well.

Also, first time out worked great! 

Edited by mslack30

My V2 arrived on Saturday. No trouble with folding the cart.  I use it with an old Clicgear 3.5.  I bought the front wheel swivel kit.  You use the rear wheels from the CG at the front to give the cart more agility.  I used it on my local course this morning and enjoyed it very much.  In 25 months I put on over 700 miles waking 2-3 time/week with a motorized MGI X3 cart. The X3 has been very reliable and easy on my 74-year-old body.  However, I must say I enjoyed having the flexibility (or is it the novelty) of a remote control.  

Anyway,  after I got over the initial issue of installing the V2 backwards on the cart (easy to tell as soon as you hit the forward button on the remote and it lurches backwards), it worked great.  Only had one near calamity when I got distracted and started going up a railroad tie.  I almost dumped the bag/cart on its side, but was able to balance it on the edge of the tie when the wheels got airborne so that I could turn off the cart.  After using the MGI, my natural tendency was to try to steer/manhandle the cart by hand rather than the remote.  It's hard to use brute force with the V2.  The only way to really steer by hand is either to go slow or (in tight quarters) hold the stop button for a few seconds until the power turns off.  Only then can you easily maneuver it.

No harm, no foul and enjoyed the rest of the day.  Had a good round.  Ended the round with 3 of the 5 power indicator LEDs on the unit still lit.  I used the gyro feature most of the day. My course is gentle hills but did notice that I didn't need to correct going up the side of a tee box or around green areas.  The V2 comes with wheelie bars that I installed, but didn't use them today and had lno tipping problems. Years ago I had a remote on an old Lectronic Caddy and so probably helped me feel more at ease using a remote.  That LC was a beast of a machine while the V2 is pretty. So far I'm enjoying the new toy.  If this keeps up I'll have to put the MGI up for sale soon.

Alphard said Tether system is coming in 2nd shipment, which is in early October.

Nike [color=#0000CD] Vapor Fly Pro Limited [/color]driver 9.5* Whiteboard 70g X-stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Flex [/color]3 wood 15* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor[/color] [color=#99FF00]Flex [/color]5 wood 19* Whiteboard 80g Stiff
Nike [color=#99FF00]Vapor Pro[/color] 3-PW S300 / Vapor Pro Combo 3-PW X-100 
Nike Engage wedge 52* Square
Nike Engage wedge 58* Toesweep
Nike [color=#0000CD]Origin B1-01 [/color][color=#000000]35"[/color] Putter with TW Proto Grip
Nike 2016 Platinum Cart Bag
IG airbong23

A few notes after my 3rd round with the V2:

Pros

1.  Much faster than the V1.  Goes up even steep hills effortlessly.  

2.  The gyros work great to keep the cart from requiring as many steering adjustments as with the V1.

3.  The removal battery is a great convenience feature.

4.  Though others have complained about it, I like the remote lock strap that goes on the cart handle.  I have used it occasionally when I don't put the remote in my pocket.  It is much better than the magnetic version on the V1.

Cons

1.  The cart will turn sharp left going up steep hills with the gyros turned on.  

2.  The cart has a stutter/shudder at times when starting forward.

3.  The cart has a stutter/shudder when turning right while going in the slower "gears".

I understand that the firmware update being tested now will fix all of the "cons", all of which are just minor annoyances.  

*Update - the firmware update did fix all of the "cons".  The V2 is a big improvement over the V1, which is still a great machine.

Edited by JDFish
Update notes for firmware fix.

Callaway UW 21 *

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

Got mine last week and made it out yesterday for the first time. First powered cart I've used but found it very easy to control using the remote. Pretty awesome driving it up to the back of the green while you are still walking up. I also thought the remote strap worked fine. I was torn between using it or just keeping it in my pocket but I am mentally weak and the feel of something different in my pocket was not welcome.

Wet and marsh like conditions with some decent hills - made it out of the round with 2 lights still on the battery.

Wheelie bars 100% necessary if you are playing anywhere with some uphill. Saved my cart several times.

The sharp left when going uphill is obnoxious, eagerly awaiting the firmware fix for that. I was managing it by just manually pointing it back in the right direction.

I've got a CaddyTek 3 and could definitely see that a swivel wheel on the front would work better. When I was manually walking it in the parking lot I felt like the additional weight could take a toll on the handle of my cart. Then again, I've had the CaddyTek for 3 solid years now so it is starting to show some wear & tear.

Just now, jsn said:

Got mine last week and made it out yesterday for the first time. First powered cart I've used but found it very easy to control using the remote. Pretty awesome driving it up to the back of the green while you are still walking up. I also thought the remote strap worked fine. I was torn between using it or just keeping it in my pocket but I am mentally weak and the feel of something different in my pocket was not welcome.

Wet and marsh like conditions with some decent hills - made it out of the round with 2 lights still on the battery.

Wheelie bars 100% necessary if you are playing anywhere with some uphill. Saved my cart several times.

The sharp left when going uphill is obnoxious, eagerly awaiting the firmware fix for that. I was managing it by just manually pointing it back in the right direction.

I've got a CaddyTek 3 and could definitely see that a swivel wheel on the front would work better. When I was manually walking it in the parking lot I felt like the additional weight could take a toll on the handle of my cart. Then again, I've had the CaddyTek for 3 solid years now so it is starting to show some wear & tear.

Update your firmware. There have been at least two since last week and we're on 2.3.6 now which puts the gyroscope in an always on configuration and fixes the uphill left turn bias.

Also for anyone not in the FB group (Ewheels V2 VIPs), join whether you now have the V2 or not. All the owners are posting their experience, videos, accessory items for their particular cart, and we get support from Alex as needed.

This is an awesome unit....

Mizuno S23 51

Mizuno S22 54

Edel SMS 58

Open the app on your phone and connect to your V2. Go to settings and Firmware Version is right at the top. Click on that and you'll see the latest update to download....

Mizuno S23 51

Mizuno S22 54

Edel SMS 58

IOS and Android Firmware>>
Please feel free to update your firmware. 
Once you downloaded the app, open it and turn on your V2. You should see “ewheels1”. Click on it and the default password is 123456. Then go to “setting” and click on firmware version. Then update the latest firmware. 
Edited by vsabre
  • Like 1

Mizuno S23 51

Mizuno S22 54

Edel SMS 58

1 hour ago, vsabre said:
IOS and Android Firmware>>
Please feel free to update your firmware. 
Once you downloaded the app, open it and turn on your V2. You should see “ewheels1”. Click on it and the default password is 123456. Then go to “setting” and click on firmware version. Then update the latest firmware. 

Sweet thanks man, kept searching for Alphard or ewheels and came up empty... Going to give it a go when I get home today.

Make sure you don't have any filters on in your app store. At first I couldn't find it, then I noticed a filter was on by default. On a side note, the  lithium battery in the remote only let me get a little over 2 1/2 rounds out of it before it stopped working and needed a recharge. Might have to put a charging stick in my bag to prevent this in the future, if I forget to charge.

Edited by snagy2000