2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Foresight Forecaddy Unboxing

So I have been waiting all week for a response from Foresight when I can pickup my cart.  I'm assuming they are fixing it in house.  Their response was and you won't believe this:

"The Forecaddy is one of our devices that is not manufactured in house by Foresight.  The Third party manufacturer that designs and builds the ForeCaddy ultimately has the authority to authorize all repairs and replacements.  WE are still waiting a repose on your particular unit."

Are you kidding me?  This customer service is unbelievable.  So basically they sell the product under their name but they can't authorize their warranty on their  own products because it was built by someone else? 

21 minutes ago, Adipure392 said:

So I have been waiting all week for a response from Foresight when I can pickup my cart.  I'm assuming they are fixing it in house.  Their response was and you won't believe this:

"The Forecaddy is one of our devices that is not manufactured in house by Foresight.  The Third party manufacturer that designs and builds the ForeCaddy ultimately has the authority to authorize all repairs and replacements.  WE are still waiting a repose on your particular unit."

Are you kidding me?  This customer service is unbelievable.  So basically they sell the product under their name but they can't authorize their warranty on their  own products because it was built by someone else? 

Yeah - I had a conversation with someone at Foresight and got the same message.  This is complete BS.   It doesn’t matter whether you are manufacturing it or not - it is your brand name and your company and you should stand behind the product or pull from te]he market.  There business must be really good to have such an ignorant position.

• 1 month later...

So...I finally got out to play for the first time since December! It has been exceptionally wet here in eastern, VA! I took the Forecaddie with me...I can say that it operated 100% as designed - no issues with its operation at all. I did have an issue when I picked up the battery to put in my trunk — the hinge pins on the handle sheared right off! I filled out a form with Foresight when i got home. There next day I got an email from them letting me know they shipped out a new pair of pins. So with that i am quite pleased.

I jumped in and bought one of these.  I've used Foresight in my golf sim for years and they tech is bullet proof.  When the GC2 and HMT first came out there were some issues and they fixed it through firmware.  Now they are fine. 

Mine came with the new firmware so no idea what the old one did.  The big one for me is follow.  I've played 3 rounds now and I just use follow except when around a green or tee.  When around a green or tee I use the push button and walk.  I actually like that feature.  I look back sometimes in follow because I don't hear it.  It's great.  I even use follow going over a bridge.  I'd like to see it tighter than 7 feet on either side but if you walk slow it seems to stay tight. 

My only complaint so far is the range of the remote.  My old caddy went easily 200 yards before it went out of range.  This one goes 20.  On the first hole I used it on I tried to drive it over to the next tee and it took off and I had to run.  It ended up in a bunker on another hole.  Given it was the first hole I had no idea and was pushing every button.  I may have caused it.  Lesson learned and hasn't happened since.  This happened with my first caddy and it ended up in a river while I was texting.  With follow I can text away.  This is why I bought.  Not having to think about the cart is amazing.  

2 things I'd like to see and maybe they exist are:

1. Cart stopping when out of range of remote

2. The ability to push a button and have it go say 20 yards and stop (my old one did that) 

• Like 1

LOL took mine out 2x this week.  Tuesday was great.  A good girl.  Thursday i had to name her Christine cause she had a mind of her own.  And tried to hump someone else’s cart 2x...😳🤪🏌️♂️   Oh and bounced so much i lost my club brush and even my phone popped out.  Make sure u use the new rubber holders on the phone holder and never put your phone on silent 😳!!! Yes 

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot this is a new issue. I emailed them the problem but they completely ignored my email and no response. (Most likely due to previous repairs already with this cart). The issue is the main power button on the cart will turn on randomly when it’s been off. I’ll find the indicator light on when it’s been sitting in my garage. I push the button to turn off and it stays on. I have to pull the battery out to turn off the cart.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, tets said:

Reviving an old thread here..hopefully.  Foresight has the Forecady on sale for $1500 and am thinking of buying one.  How do people like it after a couple years of use, how is it holding up, would you buy it again?  Thanks.

Funny you should ask - I just bought one a few months ago and am not happy at paying $750 more.  I also have an MGI Zip Navigator and had a Motocaddy S7 or M7 remote.

The FC is a great cart with flaws.

1. The front wheels are fixed so turning at times is a total skip and iffy - they should swivel
  2. The remote must be charged or things go wonky - you think well duh, of course it does, but I mean it really has to be up there in charge.  Most remotes will last 4 rounds easily - not this one.
  3. Going up hills is very tough for this cart if it is not held by the handle.  As soon as it tips and the cart senses it it will shut down.  Yeah this is nice but it could be a regular hill the cart tips and shuts off - now you have to hold the handle to get it up the hill
  4. If the wheels slip you may have to hold the button forward to get it over that spot
  5. The side to side adjustments are WAY too coarse - as in 30º

The follow feature is the bomb, but be careful not to use it in tight areas or the cart will surely show you why my cart is named Smirnov.  I was walking up a steep cart path with the cart following - I hear the guy behind me yell something - I hear Smirnoff and think WTF why is he saying that.  I realize he is saying its veering off just in time to watch it run off the path and dump 🙂 

At $1,500 its a steal, but the Zip Navigator is SO much more well behaved but does not have follow mode.

Having said all that - right now In the Hole Golf has the Stewart follow models from $2,000 up to $2,479 depending on the model and those are much more refined - might be worth looking at them.

PXG Gen 5 0311 9º, Kai'li Blue, Titleist TSr3, 9º, Ventus Blue

Titleist TSr2, 15º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSr2, 20º fw, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 21º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist TSi2, 24º Hy, GD Tour AD IZ

Titleist T150 6-48º Tensei AV Blue AM2

Vokey SM9 54º, 60º, Tensei AV Blue AM2

L.A.B. Golf DF3, MEZZ.1 Max reg & Broom,  MEZZ.1, DF 2.1 Reg & Broom

No room to list Bench Warmers 🙂

I was hoping this thread was going to revive after they went on sale 😀

I bought one the first day they went on sale as I was in the market for a follow cart and for $1500 seemed like an omen. I love this cart!  So far it was worked flawless for me (4 rounds) and I hope it stays that way. The negative reviews are pretty scary and I am paranoid that it is going to stop working every time I take it out. So much so that I have been eyeing the Stewart Black Friday sale to have a back up. 

Here are my thoughts after many hours of research and 4 rounds with the Forecaddy. For what it is worth:

1.  Follow is a must!  It is so much more enjoyable than messing with a remote 

2.  It seems all electric follow caddies are quirky in there own way. At least for me there is no perfect follow cart on the market. Even the lauded Q Follow has bad reviews. 
3.  The controls on the cart itself are very useful (Q Follow doesn’t have)

4.  USB phone charger and all accessories that you would need included with FC and are great. 
5.  Remote is serviceable (but my least favorite mode) I can drive it where I need to most of the time but does take some getting used to. 
6.  Being able to switch to free wheel mode without messing with wheels is huge as well. 
7.  No issues with stability with the FC. 

The one thing I wish it had was a way to set custom speeds for manual assist. I am always in between speeds. Not that big of a deal but hopefully a firmware release in the future. 

I had so many problems with my cart that foresight gave me 3 options:

1. Repair existing cart 

2. Replace with new but no warranty included.

3. Refund me partial value, I think it was up to 68%- they gave me a bullxxxx answer how they came up with that number. Anyways, I decided on this option and purchased a MotoCaddy Remote. 

I would not recommend to purchase the Forecaddy.  

As many issues /quirks I have had with my FC - I really like it.  I use the MGI ZN half of the time since it is better in the rain and I have a bigger mesh basket on it to carry layers for cold weather golf.

Every cart has issues and you learn to live with them.  I have toyed with the idea of designing one since it seems no one has everything I would want in a cart. n If you had a killer follow cart in the $1,500 range you would kill everyone else.

A second 2 none warranty and customer service would put it over the top, but most companies do not understand that part.

Foresight is pretty good overall but they are way better in presales than post-sales.  They never ask if I have any issues/suggestions.  Your best product designers are your current users - just ask them and see what they come up with and toss them a perk for their information.

• Like 1

I would say the issues were not learn to live with them problems but major design issues they knew about. I had the benefit of living local and if I had warranty problems I just dropped it off—if you have to send in for any type of repair, good luck because then it’s on your dime.
The ONLY pro with this cart is the follow feature hands down the best feature when it works and if it’s having problems with the electronics  firmware while you’re on the course, the cart is basically a large paper weight. The small wheels are not designed to push manually.

On 11/24/2022 at 5:17 PM, dcdavis25 said:

I was hoping this thread was going to revive after they went on sale 😀

I bought one the first day they went on sale as I was in the market for a follow cart and for $1500 seemed like an omen. I love this cart!  So far it was worked flawless for me (4 rounds) and I hope it stays that way. The negative reviews are pretty scary and I am paranoid that it is going to stop working every time I take it out. So much so that I have been eyeing the Stewart Black Friday sale to have a back up. 

Here are my thoughts after many hours of research and 4 rounds with the Forecaddy. For what it is worth:

1.  Follow is a must!  It is so much more enjoyable than messing with a remote 

2.  It seems all electric follow caddies are quirky in there own way. At least for me there is no perfect follow cart on the market. Even the lauded Q Follow has bad reviews. 
3.  The controls on the cart itself are very useful (Q Follow doesn’t have)

4.  USB phone charger and all accessories that you would need included with FC and are great. 
5.  Remote is serviceable (but my least favorite mode) I can drive it where I need to most of the time but does take some getting used to. 
6.  Being able to switch to free wheel mode without messing with wheels is huge as well. 
7.  No issues with stability with the FC. 

The one thing I wish it had was a way to set custom speeds for manual assist. I am always in between speeds. Not that big of a deal but hopefully a firmware release in the future. 

Did you buy your FC directly through Foresight. I'd be curious to know what "version number" model you received. According to Foresight and their firmware updater, it seems that the serial number begins with a V followed by a 1, 2, or 3. One could only assume the latest would be V3, and it's been known that the FC went through some upgrades due to some faults.

I for one also got one due to the sale, through Motogolf.com, and got a V1. I'm a bit nervous that means I have an older (and possibly refurbished/returned) model. Which did you get?

Also, if we go back to the firmware updater software, the first 4 digits when blank are YYYY, perhaps implying year of production? In that case I have a V1-2021XXMMMMM.

I asked Motogolf and they assured me the Forecaddy I received had to be new as they've been limited stock, and mine came directly from the Foresight warehouse. So I asked Foresight about it and I think they are gaslighting me, as the rep said that "All forecaddy Serial numbers start with V1" and that they've "never seen any version other than V1". I pressed them once more showing the screenshots I linked but haven't heard back, perhaps they've closed, but needless to say, still concerned! I hope they aren't trying to push off defective stock.

But yeah, would love to know what your version number and first 4 digits of your SN are. They are below the handle or on the back of the remote. Thanks!

@barrichelly I also purchased from Motogolf and have a similar serial number to yours (V1 2021).

Before I purchased the FC I had a long conversation with my Foresight rep. For background, I have a long-standing good relationship with him and have bought a fully loaded GC Quad Quad and quite a bit of software. He never tried to sell me anything and provided me with hours of great advice on other products (outside of the launch monitor) with my simulator build well before I ever spent a dime with him. He also was unable to sell the Forecaddy to me directly, since he is technically a reseller and therefore had no skin in the game. 

He told me that the FC is a pet project for one of the executives at Foresight and is his baby. That executive really wants it to be a successful product and is the internal advocate for it. He also said that they took it to market too soon and the initial batch had issues (which we all know and have been discussed at length on this thread). At one point the sales team were told not to sell them. Then the issues were supposedly resolved and they sold them again. Again this is just what he told me so take it for what you want. 

Maybe I am being optimistic about the FC but I don’t see how selling off defective stock would be a good business strategy based on all of the negative reviews out there. My opinion is they went on sale because they either want more people to have good experiences and write positive reviews to confirm to the market that the initial issues were fixed or there is a Forecaddy 2 in the works. Again, totally just ny opinion and do not have any material information to back that up. 

5 minutes ago, dcdavis25 said:

@barrichelly I also purchased from Motogolf and have a similar serial number to yours (V1 2021).

Before I purchased the FC I had a long conversation with my Foresight rep. For background, I have a long-standing good relationship with him and have bought a fully loaded GC Quad Quad and quite a bit of software. He never tried to sell me anything and provided me with hours of great advice on other products (outside of the launch monitor) with my simulator build well before I ever spent a dime with him. He also was unable to sell the Forecaddy to me directly, since he is technically a reseller and therefore had no skin in the game. 

He told me that the FC is a pet project for one of the executives at Foresight and is his baby. That executive really wants it to be a successful product and is the internal advocate for it. He also said that they took it to market too soon and the initial batch had issues (which we all know and have been discussed at length on this thread). At one point the sales team were told not to sell them. Then the issues were supposedly resolved and they sold them again. Again this is just what he told me so take it for what you want. 

Maybe I am being optimistic about the FC but I don’t see how selling off defective stock would be a good business strategy based on all of the negative reviews out there. My opinion is they went on sale because they either want more people to have good experiences and write positive reviews to confirm to the market that the initial issues were fixed or there is a Forecaddy 2 in the works. Again, totally just ny opinion and do not have any material information to back that up. 

Thanks for that info - my FC has worked very well.  My only issues are with design issues like the tiny fixed front wheels and the remote. I think the tiny front wheels have caused stability issues on rough terrain.  Over all I am happy with the cart.

7 hours ago, dcdavis25 said:

Thanks for that info! The conclusion on my discussion with the Foresight rep was that "those versions[,V2 and V3,] do not exist at this time. He then closed the ticket, as I probably annoyed him, which is fair. Weird that they would preemptively have these version numbers at the ready if this is truly the case, but after hearing that this is a passion project with plenty of problems, I'm more inclined to believe it. These carts aren't cheap and I just want to make sure nothing shady was going on, as a GCQuad may be on my horizon so long as Foresight is trustworthy (which I believe they are).

I see this a lot where you have companies that try to get into different markets… personally for things like this, I like to get items from companies that have a pedigree in a specific area.. for me, Stewart have history and pedigree in remote / follow trollies and have got rid of the glitches over the years… a quality product… pricy but looks like they may be cheaper than the RRP of these…

(And imo the Stewart’s look loads better 🙂 )

On 11/30/2022 at 5:54 AM, dcdavis25 said:

I live in San Diego and I had never once seen anyone else with an FC and even still to this day you won’t see one. I play all the military courses and the majority of remote carts you will see are Clicgear’s with V2, MotoCaddy and Stewarts.  It used to be novel to have a remote cart but a lot of walkers have them now.

To answer the other person’s question I had probably the first batch version released and purchased and picked up directly from FS.

The battery drop in design into plug is a bad design and even they knew this and it’s probably the same design still. Water is just begging to get inside there.

29 minutes ago, Adipure392 said:

The battery drop in design into plug is a bad design and even they knew this and it’s probably the same design still. Water is just begging to get inside there.

I had forgotten to mention this.  That battery well is a really bad design.  For that reason I use my MGI in the rain.  Also the cover over the charging connector on the wheelie bar seems to pop open every time.

I wish they would involve more real world testing for these carts, because you could shale out 95% of the issue prior to making any product - resulting in more satisfied customers and more $ for the company.