Tour Lock weights

JermWRX

I had a ping g410 lst and a ventus playing at 47.  The swingweight was like F0.  I thought let's just offset the weight using tour lock.  It worked just as expected, but I didn't like the feel.   Ended up cutting down Ventus to play at 45.5

If you're looking to buy ill sell mine pretty cheap.  Ive got the pro version.

• Like 1

Back weighting is a very individualized thing.  It works great for some.  Not so great for others.  The only way to find out is to test and see.  That said, the Tour Lock weight system is very easy to use.  Probably best to buy 3-4 different weights, something like 8-30 gms., and try it on one club.  If it doesn’t do anything for you you’ll only have one grip to replace and investment will be minimal. I’ll also mention that some like to backweight their woods but not their irons and visa-versa.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, skraly said:

Back weighting is a very individualized thing.  It works great for some.  Not so great for others.  The only way to find out is to test and see.  That said, the Tour Lock weight system is very easy to use.  Probably best to buy 3-4 different weights, something like 8-30 gms., and try it on one club.  If it doesn’t do anything for you you’ll only have one grip to replace and investment will be minimal. I’ll also mention that some like to backweight their woods but not their irons and visa-versa.

Agree.   Could be wrong, but as I understand it, counterbalancing for full swing clubs tends to work best (for those that it does help) in the 10-20 gm range.    I tend to recommend people try just 15 gm to start the test before buying  more.

Now you can see a much bigger range in putters - 30 to the max available.

1 hour ago, HateTheHighDraw said:

I’ve got em and love em. Really helped me from a tempo and release standpoint to shallow out a bit and hit a draw. I have the pro pack which offers increasing weights from wedge to driver. I don’t use it in my putter however 

I have been looking at these, what weights did you use in what clubs with that pack? Just lightest in your shortest club, and increasing till your longest? Also what is your set make up that you added these weights to? 

39 minutes ago, Bburch4 said:

I have been looking at these, what weights did you use in what clubs with that pack? Just lightest in your shortest club, and increasing till your longest? Also what is your set make up that you added these weights to? 

yes lightest to heaviest as the length of club increases. My set up is D, 4wood, 3hy, 4-PW, GW, SW, LW

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

How much does the 15 gram weight reduce the overall swingweight on an iron? Or is this bad thinking and it really just is feel and increases overall weight. 

Driver:  TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Fairway: TS2 16.5 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Hybrid:  Sim2 Tensei Orange 90TX Or Srixon ZX 2 ADDI 105X

Irons:Black T200 4-5 T100S 6-AW MMT 125TX

Wedges: MG4 54 MMT 125TX and Vokey SM9 58.04T MMT 125TX

Putter: Lajosi DD201

Pro V1X Left Dash

1 hour ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

How much does the 15 gram weight reduce the overall swingweight on an iron? Or is this bad thinking and it really just is feel and increases overall weight. 

its bad thinking.

Head weight DONT go down, and total weight goes up, and when total weight goes up, MOI / resistance to swing the club goes up.

The only club ADDING wight grips side works to reduce feel of head wgt is on putters, but its not really feel of reduced head wgt on putters either, we just add resistance to move grip side, who slows down the speed of our hands forward and makes it easier for the head in the other end to follow.

Way to many mix this up with CW weighted shafts, but they DONT have added weight, but redistributed weight, where we move weight from the front of the shaft, and add that weight to the shaft end. That means we keep total wgt the same, but with a LIGHTER front/tip side, thats what actually makes feel of head wgt go down. 

If feel of head weight /SW is to high, we must either reduce that weight, go shorter, or use a CW weighted shaft who has the same wgt as we use now. Adding weight grip side, fools the SW scale and might send total wgt over your limits, so its NOT the way to go if head weight is to high.

Edited by Howard_Jones
  • Like 1

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

1 hour ago, Howard_Jones said:

its bad thinking.

Head weight DONT go down, and total weight goes up, and when total weight goes up, MOI / resistance to swing the club goes up.

The only club ADDING wight grips side works to reduce feel of head wgt is on putters, but its not really feel of reduced head wgt on putters either, we just add resistance to move grip side, who slows down the speed of our hands forward and makes it easier for the head in the other end to follow.

Way to many mix this up with CW weighted shafts, but they DONT have added weight, but redistributed weight, where we move weight from the front of the shaft, and add that weight to the shaft end. That means we keep total wgt the same, but with a LIGHTER front/tip side, thats what actually makes feel of head wgt go down. 

If feel of head weight /SW is to high, we must either reduce that weight, go shorter, or use a CW weighted shaft who has the same wgt as we use now. Adding weight grip side, fools the SW scale and might send total wgt over your limits, so its NOT the way to go if head weight is to high.

Thank you Howard. My current irons I feel comfortable with and probably shouldn’t have looked at the swingweight value. They are d9 in 5 iron and e0/e1 in PW. Ball flight is in the right window and the only complaint I have is occasionally I’ll block one probably coming too far inside. 

Pro V1X Left Dash

11 minutes ago, LeftyMatt24 said:

Thank you Howard. My current irons I feel comfortable with and probably shouldn’t have looked at the swingweight value. They are d9 in 5 iron and e0/e1 in PW. Ball flight is in the right window and the only complaint I have is occasionally I’ll block one probably coming too far inside. 

If you wants to try counter weight added, its simple, and you dont have to buy Tour lock insert weights to try it off.

Take a tee and a handful of spacer shims, (shims who has the same weight as a sum as planned insert wgt) Put the tee with shims down the ventilation hole on the grip end, and fix it there with some duct tape....swing the club 

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

12 minutes ago, Howard_Jones said:

If you wants to try counter weight added, its simple, and you dont have to buy Tour lock insert weights to try it off.

Take a tee and a handful of spacer shims, (shims who has the same weight as a sum as planned insert wgt) Put the tee with shims down the ventilation hole on the grip end, and fix it there with some duct tape....swing the club 

That’s a good idea and definitely worth it if I wanted to try it. Appreciate the suggestion. 

Pro V1X Left Dash