I love my remote controlled cart

I wanted to put this out there. I recently got an MGI Zip Navigator. It's one with a remote control.

The device is awesome. A game changer for me. Played 4 straight days this long weekend, in summer heat, and I'm fine. It was more convenient, easier to play, and I had more energy. I also had more mental space to think. Bag up to ball, push stop. Then observe. Look at the green more. Find some more reference objects in the line of play. Hit a better shot.

If you're on the fence about a cart, I strongly recommend any one you want as long as it has a remote control. 🙂

• Like 1

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

2 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

I wanted to put this out there. I recently got an MGI Zip Navigator. It's one with a remote control.

The device is awesome. A game changer for me. Played 4 straight days this long weekend, in summer heat, and I'm fine. It was more convenient, easier to play, and I had more energy. I also had more mental space to think. Bag up to ball, push stop. Then observe. Look at the green more. Find some more reference objects in the line of play. Hit a better shot.

If you're on the fence about a cart, I strongly recommend any one you want as long as it has a remote control. 🙂

Is your course fairly flat or hilly with sloping along the journey.

I’ve been looking at the Zip but am wondering how it would handle over some in-even fairways.

Glad it’s given you the enjoyment to play on with more energy and mental stamina.

Rox

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

I have the MGI Navigator and it is the best money that I have spent in my life. My home course (I play Saturday members comp) is very hilly for the front 9 and flat on the back 9. I actually use the Navigator to pull me up the really steep sections. On the back 9 I use the remote alot. It allows me to drop and relax my arms whilst walking up and down the fairways. The fatigue saving from the remote is great. I also get a more relaxed feeling as I transition to setting up for my next shot. I originally thought the remote would be a bit of a gimmick, but it saves my back 9. If my Navigator got hit by a meteor in the morning, I would buy a replacement that afternoon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, G410Aust said:

I have the MGI Navigator and it is the best money that I have spent in my life. My home course (I play Saturday members comp) is very hilly for the front 9 and flat on the back 9. I actually use the Navigator to pull me up the really steep sections. On the back 9 I use the remote alot. It allows me to drop and relax my arms whilst walking up and down the fairways. The fatigue saving from the remote is great. I also get a more relaxed feeling as I transition to setting up for my next shot. I originally thought the remote would be a bit of a gimmick, but it saves my back 9. If my Navigator got hit by a meteor in the morning, I would buy a replacement that afternoon.

Sound like a good investment for me and my game.

Great info!

Rox

• Like 1

2023 in the Bag!

Rogue Max Ls 9°/HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 6.5 70<br  />TSi2 15°/Aldila Green 75X<br/>Epic Flash 21°/Tour Green 75X<br/>Maltby TS1-iM 4-6 iron Modus 115X<br/>

Honma 747V/DG120-S400 7-PW<br/>Jaws 50°, 54° & 58°/DG Tour Issue S400<br/>Scotty Cameron 5.5M<br />Callaway Chrome Soft and
Sun Moutain C130/ClicGear Rovic cart with Alphard E-Wheels V2

Backups:

Bridgestone Tour-B X-CB/DG120 S400 Tour Issue 5-PW

For the Navigator the remote slides into a cradle under the handle. Its easy to remove and replace the remote to/from the cradle without having to look under the handle. After you press Stop on the remote the unit automatically sets a motor speed of 2 which is a pain because the normal walking speed is 4 or 5. No doubt this is a safety thing. I always cradle the remote when setting up for a shot. I worry that if I drop it into my pocket it could fall out and I could lose it on the course if I walk around on manual control for a while.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 2:58 PM, Kball10 said:

Very interesting.  I am considering one of these.  What kind of bag are you using?

Ping Pioneer.

Fits well; the bottom plastic mold fits exactly right, so it's very snug. The square top is a little awkward at the top, so you set the bottom first. Then put a top strap through at least one of the three cart straps, and set the top rest-bar so that it's about an inch from the top (the hard part, not the soft part of the bag).

Very good combination.

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

On 2/10/2021 at 4:01 PM, roxald said:

Is your course fairly flat or hilly with sloping along the journey.

I’ve been looking at the Zip but am wondering how it would handle over some in-even fairways.

Glad it’s given you the enjoyment to play on with more energy and mental stamina.

Rox

Somewhat hilly compared to, say, US courses. Not bad, but a few areas of quick drops.

What they don't say is that the back wheel is critical. I chose the MGI over the Moto because the back wheel is integrated. Key thing is to extend the back wheel the extra two inches.

The hardest thing to climb is a sandy hill sideways. Otherwise, avoid 20º+ hill turns, and run it in front of you. If you do nothing stupid, it will always stay up. The only time I tipped it backwards was going up about a 20º incline, and forgot to extend the wheel fully. If it's hilly grass, you'll be sweet.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

On 2/12/2021 at 6:24 AM, brew4eagle said:

What do you do as you approach the green complex, or other areas where a push cart shouldn't be?  Is it seamless to transition from using the remote to manually pushing?

First, I'm remote 99% of the time. The only time I'll use it manually is in a super-tight spot like a pedestrian bridge.

I get near and on the fringe. It's not a problem here, at least. But if you want to avoid an area, what you do generally is get your putter at the point where you don't want to go any further, stuff your cover in its spot, and then send the thing away towards the next tee. Even if it's just a few metres out, you can drive it around to the side with the remote very easily.

If you start manually, you can turn the dial up to get it to speed forward, stop it, and start the remote, but that's clunky. Two ways for me… First, there's a screen display, but there's also a hole between that number display and handle. Set the remote in there, and leave it there. When you get back, control it with the remote. Again, I'm remote all the time, so it's not weird. Putter away, press the up button, send it a few metres, and correct the direction. If it sounds hard, it's really not. Second option is keep the remote with you. You can do this, but you need to Lock the remote so you don't squat to read the putt and push the forward button… that would be a problem, and I've done it once. Luckily I saw it take off.

I also find it harder to turn manually, so I really just use the remote. There is no "manual pushing", either. You have to pull the wheels away about 2cm and put them on "free" if the power goes out. That's not happened to me, but if it ever went haywire, the no-power push option isn't terrible as a backup. Played 39 holes the last few days, and it was still over half-full of charge. I know that's as-new, but it seems like I'll be able to get 18 out of it for a good long time.

• Thanks 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

I have the Ping Pioneer bag also. It fits really well, I am sure most if not all cart bags would fit well also.

Another interesting thing to note - When you are operating the buggy manually if you are navigating lumpy and uneven ground I find I am always needing to correct the steered direction. (No doubt this would be the same for most motorised buggies). The great thing with the Navigator is, on the remote the motor controller (there is a motor for each wheel) detects a direction change due to un even ground (one wheel rotating faster than it should) and it automatically corrects. Its brilliant to watch. Going sideways across a slope the Navigator drives itself better than I can. For tight pathways, foot bridges over creeks etc, I grab hold of it and use manual because I dont trust my remote skills.

Just saw Spieth hit a big drawing 8 iron into the hole on 16.

Another cool thing, when you are operating the buggy on the remote, the remote unit sends the buggy a heartbeat signal every couple of seconds to make sure they dont get out of range of each other. If the buggy misses a heartbeat signal it stops straight away.

True story, one of my regular playing partners now leaves his old motorised buggy unsecured in the club locker room. He is hoping someone takes it so he has a reason to buy a Navigator to replace it.

The remote control carts are a game changer.  I use a Stewart X9 Follow.  It's like having a caddie.  

As far as side slopes, some of these carts, not the X9, have a gyroscope that allows them to maintain a straight line even on a side hill where some would move sideways.  Mine moves sideways as it does not have this feature.  Though it works perfectly on a side hill when in follow mode.