2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Stack System

Max21

Program seems like it is starting to realize I suck for whatever reason at lighter weights so been prescribing more and hitting more PR’s. Threw up two single swing PR’s in a row at 195 grams and then crapped the set out on the final three swings to miss out on a new set PR. 

Got after it a bit last night for St Patty’s day so was surprised by the results. Going to get some solid rest today and take it easy tomorrow and maybe can push past this plateau I’m sitting on.

13D77726-09DE-4121-BB27-026629AB7C74.png

334D7486-0903-4439-A209-835226DF1F7A.png

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 Atmos Black 8X

Maverick Pro 3H Atmos Black 9X

Mizuno MP 18 4-PW KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 50*/54* KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

10 minutes ago, Tiger_Stud said:

@Jlocke22 very impressive! How do these figures correlate to you your driver speed? Do you actually come close to the 129mph?

I think this was a bit of an anomaly but cool to see to high PR’s back to back.

Set speed of 114 correlates to 126. Haven’t tried in a few sessions but fastest I swung driver non ball on PRGR is 125 mph and on ball was 123 mph so a few mph slower. 

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

2 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

Set speed of 114 correlates to 126. Haven’t tried in a few sessions but fastest I swung driver non ball on PRGR is 125 mph and on ball was 123 mph so a few mph slower. 

195g equates to +9mph with driver at 45” +/- 0.5” fwiw so you’re likely 123mph on Trackman.

14 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

Which is absolutely cool! At least in my book 😉

• Like 2

So, I’ve only been at it for 7 sessions. I primarily bought it for the boys high school team I coach—but I like to do training with them. 

I’m loving it and hope these gains continue and translate to the course. 

For me, I’ve found that this really has helped me sync up my swing—I’m swinging faster when I actually give myself time to have an appropriate transition and try not to swing hard but rather think about swinging faster—softening my grip, etc. 

But for an out of shape 48 year old, trying to get back into it, I like what I’m seeing. 

F1C31CA5-F6B2-48C3-8AA5-883FDDC55235.jpeg

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

Hi everyone,

Just adding to this thread - wanted to share my results from using the stack based on my first foundation series. Too be honest with myself I am probably a 108-110 swing speed player during the season and started this “cold” starting in mid January after a few months off due to the birth of my son and changing jobs.

That being said, I’m excited about these “gains”. Interested to perform my progress check today/tomorrow and I will share when done. I’m certainly not looking at these potentials as course swings but if these numbers results in 290-300 yard drives for me, I’d be pretty pumped. 

Best of luck to everyone else…will have to test dispersion at some point as well. 

927CA4C7-E877-4E1D-94C9-D130C292C248.jpeg

DD1467A5-73CB-4D24-AF47-631C1C163838.jpeg

A5C1B377-3901-4F36-9C39-5A825F22EACD.jpeg

E0F360CC-977F-410A-B287-9E6B30CC21C3.jpeg

BBDD0D98-E8AA-4FCA-83BA-4BF727B5D9B0.jpeg

• Like 1

Awesome to see after about 4 or 5 sessions from swinging the 120g to see such a large jump in set PR. Lighter weights have definitely continued to be a sticking point age/percentile wise. 

It helped push a 240g PR and pushed another 195g set PR! 

Been adding some more jumps (box, depth, pogo, single legs) to workouts along with some more explosive/banded barbell/landmine work and mixing sprints in 1-2x a week. Have dropped a few lbs but definitely feeling more athletic and fluid vs baseline testing. 

F0435029-F1E6-4FFB-A703-557585C5CA34.jpeg

A7BD2124-9E7E-44C7-A819-8D585F0C7F8B.jpeg

• Like 4

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Forgive me, just adding to the thread based off of the fitness question earlier. I don’t do the Fit for Golf stuff—I’m sure others will answer. 

But I thought I might share another path. 

I used to CrossFit for years and loved a lot of the exercises and the competition. But many of those exercises are too much for me now. I would often be too sore and it would be a detriment to my golf game. So, I moved away from it when I began to focus more on golf. 

What I like to do now (and it satisfies my CrossFit itch) is, I follow garage_WOD on Instagram. 

I take their programming and modify it for what I want to accomplish. 

I try to focus on more explosive exercises, legs, core, cardio, and flexibility. 

One of the things I always hated with working out was coming up with my own programming—that’s one of the reasons CrossFit appealed to me because I could just workout and not have to think of the stuff to do (intellectually lazy, I know). This Instagram account gives me enough ideas to track my own progress and and not get bored with my own programming.

YMMV. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

Hi everyone,

wanted to share my overall progress through the first foundation. On to full speed spectrum with a goal of increasing my full (not max) driver swing  speed north of 115.  Overall I’m pretty impressed with the Stack.  Seeing that it’s still cold in MA,  I haven’t been able to get to a LM. Still unsure about the swing speed with a ball. But I’m feeling good about the direction.  

image.jpeg.21c202fc2b171c5bdd92ee7f991767a8.jpeg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, lalos7313 said:

Hi everyone,

wanted to share my overall progress through the first foundation. On to full speed spectrum with a goal of increasing my full (not max) driver swing  speed north of 115.  Overall I’m pretty impressed with the Stack.  Seeing that it’s still cold in MA,  I haven’t been able to get to a LM. Still unsure about the swing speed with a ball. But I’m feeling good about the direction.  

image.jpeg.21c202fc2b171c5bdd92ee7f991767a8.jpeg

That's awesome! Congrats on the progress and interesting to see the large trail hand jump and next biggest increase on the 280g. I am unsure of Foundation vs FSS as I was prescribed FSS out of the gate but have seen great progress with it so far and several others on the forum. Good luck and look forward to see the LM number progress!  

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

That's awesome! Congrats on the progress and interesting to see the large trail hand jump and next biggest increase on the 280g. I am unsure of Foundation vs FSS as I was prescribed FSS out of the gate but have seen great progress with it so far and several others on the forum. Good luck and look forward to see the LM number progress!  

Ya, I thought the same thing on the 280 - could relate that to the fact that my first swings with the stack were those original 280g throws.  As for the trail hand, I think I was doing that wrong out of the gate - after watching Sasho's video, he commented on the fact that the trail hand needs to be towards to the top of the grip - pretty sure I held it in the middle for my baseline.  Great to hear about FSS - my first session will be Sunday - got a need for speed...

I'm five sessions in to the first foundation work and have seen about a 5 mph jump on both Stack and dry swings with my real driver.  I have been lifting/running pretty heavily over the last 6 weeks trying to drop some lbs before a spring break trip to the beach, lol.  I was out of town for work this week with no real chance to work out.  So I came home last night after a true 3 day rest period for my body and had the best session to date.  I hit 99 mph with a driver after the Stack session, where 93 mph had previously been my high.  So mad that I couldn't hit triple digits!!

Question:  Do you all feel that you have a true difference between "full" intent and "max" intent?  Personally, I feel that I'm getting after it as fast as possible on every swing, including if I were on the course with a ball in front of me.  Other than stepping into a swing, I don't think I have anything left in the tank.  Anyone else feel that way?

18 minutes ago, MichBadger said:

Question:  Do you all feel that you have a true difference between "full" intent and "max" intent?  Personally, I feel that I'm getting after it as fast as possible on every swing, including if I were on the course with a ball in front of me.  Other than stepping into a swing, I don't think I have anything left in the tank.  Anyone else feel that way?

This has been a tough one for me as well. For Full I try to maintain my posture as much as possible and imagine myself actually hitting a ball on the course - with Max I just let my feet come completely unglued at the end and imagine there is no accuracy on the line. 

Just IMO - thats how I differentiate. Over the course of thousands and thousands of swings of this thing though, I imagine the differences will start to narrow down.

• Like 1

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

3 hours ago, MichBadger said:

I'm five sessions in to the first foundation work and have seen about a 5 mph jump on both Stack and dry swings with my real driver.  I have been lifting/running pretty heavily over the last 6 weeks trying to drop some lbs before a spring break trip to the beach, lol.  I was out of town for work this week with no real chance to work out.  So I came home last night after a true 3 day rest period for my body and had the best session to date.  I hit 99 mph with a driver after the Stack session, where 93 mph had previously been my high.  So mad that I couldn't hit triple digits!!

I‘m always after good balance and a stylish finish on the full intend swings. On max intend swings I don’t give a rats a… about posture, balance, and accuracy and just give it all I have. Saying that, on some days my energy level seems to be so low that my max swings that day are slower than full swings I had before. 

• Like 1

Full intent I just think of the hardest I would actually swing it on the golf course. Last guy hitting in a scramble with the other 3 safe sorta thing. 

Max Intent I have zero thoughts. I just rip it as hard as humanely possible without launching the Stack through my garage door and look back hoping to see a higher number. 

• Haha 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

1 hour ago, Bbunty said:

Finally out of the deep freeze in Alberta, and hit the range. I was about 10 mph behind my driver e-speed. I’m pretty frustrated, anyone else not seeing a correlation between stack speed and actual driver speed. 

It’s supposed to be 9mph (e speed) less vs your Driver speed 

Edited by Brooks_Cupcake

17 minutes ago, Bbunty said:

Sweet. Thanks. Wish the stack was a little more representative of real life speed. 

I think you guys are talking about different things. If you swing 195g max at 100 your driver espeed is 109. You should be able to hit 109 with your driver at the range if you’re swing it max like the Stack. 

Edited by Seamus_McDuff

32 minutes ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

I think you guys are talking about different things. If you swing 195g max at 100 your driver espeed is 109. You should be able to hit 109 with your driver at the range if you’re swing it max like the Stack. 

My pb max stack speed is 108, which translates to a driver e-speed of 118. I didn’t even sniff that with my actual driver hitting a ball. It was 107 according to my PRGR. 

8 hours ago, Bbunty said:

My pb max stack speed is 108, which translates to a driver e-speed of 118. I didn’t even sniff that with my actual driver hitting a ball. It was 107 according to my PRGR. 

It might be the little white thing in front of you when swinging actual driver that might change your swing pattern a bit in terms of not swinging as freely as you swing the stack. 

Edited by Tiger_Stud

Try doing the speed priming with a driver and ball mini workout at the range.  Maybe that gets you in the Stacking mindset and closer to your espeed with a driver and a ball.

• Thanks 1

Current WITB:

Titleist TSR3 9.5 - Ventus Velocore Black 6X / Tensei 1K Black 6TX

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3+ - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 7X

Taylor Made UDI 2 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Taylor Made P790 3 and 4 - KBS C-Taper 120S

Taylor Made P760 5-PW - KBS C-Taper 120S

Callaway MD5 Jaws 52.12 W and 58.12 X - DG 115 Wedge

Toulon Las Vegas 2022 - Stroke Lab 34"

9 hours ago, Bbunty said:

Yeah there is no way you should be swinging something hybrid length faster vs your driver. 

I always think of the chart below when dealing with the speed increase issues. 

If possible, next few range sessions at the end just start blasting off 20 or so balls max speed and work through that barrier. Probably something mental or just manipulating something with the ball differently and not swinging as freely. 

0F3FF281-D42F-484A-955A-D4B980D79093.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Your on-course driver speed will be probably be closer to 195g “Full” + 9(or 10) than 195g “Max” + 9(or 10). 

This is also why I feel “share progress” is false advertisement. “Start” is always based on “Full” swings and “Now” is usually based on “Max” swings. 

• Like 2