The Stack System

Max21

26 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

Awesome news and good to hear! That could probably easily corelate to some speed loss. I just pretend I'm Bryson, say a few bad words about myself, and get that radar as high as possible (on max swings) never once thought about form. 

Going to get my session in a little later today before I head out to my winter sim league and hopefully continue the climb! 

I refuse to join any SIM League. I hate it.

Would rather spend time on film and Trackman

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

No sir. Add 9mph to your eSpeed 

I think you have it flipped. Looking at my dashboard eSpeed is an estimated driver SS based on stack speed, which is stack speed +9. And it's pretty dead on with where I'm swinging the driver of late (107 Stack Speed -> 116 Driver eSpeed).

I got back into it today and want to stick with it, I don't really want to add a ton of speed, just raise my cruising speed and hopefully hit 180 BS at some point. Highest is 178ish but I'm typically 175 on course. 

23 hours ago, Tiger_Stud said:

Is there a secret to swing this thing fast like in „you need to go through a getting-used-to-phase“?

I‘m asking because my driver swing speed is currently around 103, but my eSpeed after three sessions is 97. I actually really struggle to swing this thing fluently!

Try getting more into your driver posture. Some of it is probably just adjusting though. 

Edited by TLUBulldogGolf
  • Like 1

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Titleist 917F3 15* VA Composite Drago 75-X (Ai Smoke TD otw)
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

1 hour ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

I refuse to join any SIM League. I hate it.

Would rather spend time on film and Trackman

Oh believe me, I agree! Just more of a set scheduled night on the calendar with having a little. Having a few drinks with the buddies are a plus and we book an additional hour before league on the sim to hit and work on a few things. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 Atmos Black 8X

Maverick Pro 3H Atmos Black 9X

Mizuno MP 18 4-PW KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 50*/54* KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

15 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

Nice work, although a plateau at that level makes me want to reach into my cupboard for a really small violin...

Spongebob Squarepants GIF
fair play to you, good Sir

• Haha 2

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

So maybe I am in the wrong thread and there is a different thread for Stack newbs.. apologies in advance if so.. 

I got my stack last night, have never done any speed training in the past.. Getting a bit older, but working out since converting garage to gym/simulator since the start of COVID quarantine days 3 yrs ago and feel stronger than I did 15 years ago. Getting the golf bug again as the temps are warming up (haven't played outside golf in 3 months).

Did the baseline after I got it (was really impressed how easy it was to set up with the Mevo+ and start right up). However was kinda surprised that the stack speed and espeed was quite a bit slower than my driver speed.. I just got fitted for a driver on a trackman and average with the driver was 105mph.. The driver swings with my regular driver as part of the baseline was around that average (maybe 1-2 below that), but the stack speed was only 91 and the espeed (sp?) was 99..

Could someone explain this to me ? Is there a link I should know about to figure what stack speed and "espeed" means.. I suppose is doesn't matter that much of the overall number as long as it goes up over the course of the training? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kjmtthws said:

So maybe I am in the wrong thread and there is a different thread for Stack newbs.. apologies in advance if so.. 

I got my stack last night, have never done any speed training in the past.. Getting a bit older, but working out since converting garage to gym/simulator since the start of COVID quarantine days 3 yrs ago and feel stronger than I did 15 years ago. Getting the golf bug again as the temps are warming up (haven't played outside golf in 3 months).

Did the baseline after I got it (was really impressed how easy it was to set up with the Mevo+ and start right up). However was kinda surprised that the stack speed and espeed was quite a bit slower than my driver speed.. I just got fitted for a driver on a trackman and average with the driver was 105mph.. The driver swings with my regular driver as part of the baseline was around that average (maybe 1-2 below that), but the stack speed was only 91 and the espeed (sp?) was 99..

Could someone explain this to me ? Is there a link I should know about to figure what stack speed and "espeed" means.. I suppose is doesn't matter that much of the overall number as long as it goes up over the course of the training? 

I think this will answer it - 

https://www.thestacksystem.com/apps/help-center#hc-why-is-my-radar-reporting-a-clubhead-speed-much-slower-than-expected

Definitions - 

https://www.thestacksystem.com/pages/thestack-system-metrics

Anyway that all sounds normal to me. I started at 98mph eSpeed when I knew my driver was around 100-102. Also, make sure you set your driver length in the settings, as it makes a difference. I played a 45.75" when I first started, and my fitter is putting me into a 45" now, so all my speeds have come down ~2mph.

Edited by fullyjosh
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kjmtthws said:

It may just take adjusting to swinging it, I found it very close to my driver speed from the start. Are you training where you would normally hit a golf ball?

• Like 1

Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

ProV1x

@TLUBulldogGolf

I did the training in the spot where I usually hit balls in my simulator -- I use a MEVO+ for it.. It was kinda cold in the garage last night and I did it after a workout (so maybe I was a bit tired after that).. I guess I shouldn't focus on the absolute number as much as seeing progress over the course of the training.. The app suggested that I do the "foundation" as the first program and suggested that I start that in a couple of days.. Will see how it goes.. I am hoping to gain 5-8 mph on the driver swing speed (was at 110-113 in college) by the end of the summer if possible and it seems like others on this thread have seen that much with moderate speed  to start.. It must be a mid-life crisis to think I can get back to the college speeds !

1 hour ago, kjmtthws said:

@TLUBulldogGolf

I did the training in the spot where I usually hit balls in my simulator -- I use a MEVO+ for it.. It was kinda cold in the garage last night and I did it after a workout (so maybe I was a bit tired after that).. I guess I shouldn't focus on the absolute number as much as seeing progress over the course of the training.. The app suggested that I do the "foundation" as the first program and suggested that I start that in a couple of days.. Will see how it goes.. I am hoping to gain 5-8 mph on the driver swing speed (was at 110-113 in college) by the end of the summer if possible and it seems like others on this thread have seen that much with moderate speed  to start.. It must be a mid-life crisis to think I can get back to the college speeds !

I got back there and actually am a little faster now without being super diligent about it. I think it helps me focus on proper lower body action because I'm not hitting a ball. I think the link from the FAQ explains some of it, I would expect your results to trend towards speed when hitting a ball if you stick with it. 

Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

ProV1x

15 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

Encouraged by 3 weight set PR’s today; been slogging through this plateau for a while.

090CB182-1CBC-4670-8278-1C3E64E6CEC0.jpeg

I know exactly what contributed to the sizable jump from set 16 to 17. Any guesses as to what it was?

• Like 1

WITB Link

2 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

I know exactly what contributed to the sizable jump from set 16 to 17. Any guesses as to what it was?

Rest? Sleep? Other speed work? Interested to hear

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

4 hours ago, kjmtthws said:

@TLUBulldogGolf

Similar to what @TLUBulldogGolf said I am sure you won’t have an issue getting there. I was always in that 115-118 mph camp through the years but stayed in pretty good shape. Saw my SS drop a mph or two in past year and took the plunge on the Stack after so much success on here and blew through that range within a few sessions. 

I’m only 7 sessions in and hitting the ball faster than ever before. 

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

I’m going to do another session.  The Borgmier has been a disappointment.  I think I’ll do another assessment and see if it picks anything different.  

Has anyone enjoyed a second program they can recommend?

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

8 hours ago, mattsam said:

I’m going to do another session.  The Borgmier has been a disappointment.  I think I’ll do another assessment and see if it picks anything different.  

Has anyone enjoyed a second program they can recommend?

What was going on with the MB program? Just different movements? I’m still on first program but that one seemed intriguing for next. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

25 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

What was going on with the MB program? Just different movements? I’m still on first program but that one seemed intriguing for next. 

First it asks you to hit your driver cover with your driver, out.  I’ll probably keep doing it and I’m starting Full Speed Spectrum 

• Like 1

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

3 hours ago, mattsam said:

First it asks you to hit your driver cover with your driver, out.  I’ll probably keep doing it and I’m starting Full Speed Spectrum 

I started Full Speed out of the gate as it was recommended at the top and haven’t been disappointed 

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

I just picked this up and did the baseline and the first workout in the foundations program. 

I also bought the coach’s account and will have my HS team do it with me. Hoping it will make them more competitive against each other and bond them a little bit. 

we already do off-season team workouts and hoping this adds to their gains and mine. 😀

Does one really have to wait so many days in between workouts?  

Thanks!

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

21 hours ago, fsusp said:

Does one really have to wait so many days in between workouts?  

I've found quality recovery (nutrition, hydration, quality sleep etc.) between sessions to be massively important to getting best results from this training. Doing the workouts more frequently than every other day won't allow sufficient recovery time to maximize performance and increases injury risk.

• Like 3

WITB Link

5 hours ago, bcflyguy1 said:

I've found quality recovery (nutrition, hydration, quality sleep etc.) between sessions to be massively important to getting best results from this training. Doing the workouts more frequently than every other day won't allow sufficient recovery time to maximize performance and increases injury risk.

I'm an older dude, and I need to add rest days--more than what the "Grit" urges me to do. Optimally, I can do about 2.5 workouts a week. But I am gaining distance for sure.

• Like 2

Took your advice @bcflyguy1 and gave myself a full 48 hours of workout, running, and swinging free time (lats and core were still a touch sore) I think my body was just fried from trying to progress even faster through workouts. Got some solid sleep, hydration, and food and threw up some set/single PB’s and highest driver dry swing ever after the session. 

FD71EDE9-870F-408D-9F76-6658002C44F3.png

672782C7-49EC-423A-89C1-A2201122DC3C.jpeg

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

1 minute ago, Jlocke22 said:

Took your advice @bcflyguy1 and gave myself a full 48 hours of workout, running, and swinging free time (lats and core were still a touch sore) I think my body was just fried from trying to progress even faster through workouts. Got some solid sleep, hydration, and food and threw up some set/single PB’s and highest driver dry swing ever after the session. 

Wow, that’s impressive. Well done! What was your starting point again?

1 hour ago, Jlocke22 said:

Get in there!!!

This Is The Way GIF

• Like 1

WITB Link

1 hour ago, Tiger_Stud said:

Wow, that’s impressive. Well done! What was your starting point again?

I know for some there is a bit of a "learning curve" swinging the stack and the baseline doesn't have step swings. I have also been doing this in a partially insulated garage between 25-40 degrees after a brief warmup. 

With that said, I did my first baseline Feb 14th. After my baseline session I tried dry swinging driver like I was Kyle Berkshire and hit 117 mph on PRGR once and my eSpeed on baseline session maxed out at 115 mph. (shown in picture)

Stack recommended Full Speed Spectrum as #1 option - 

So total I am three weeks and one day into the Stack (Baseline + 9 Sessions of Full Speed Spectrum). Stack shows 11 mph gain, Max dry swings have went from 117 mph to 125 mph, and other night at the sim had several controlled drives between 120-122 mph w/ 1.47-1.5 smash with jeans and street shoes vs a month prior was cruising 114-115 mph ish.  

Stack Progress 1.jpg

Stack Progress 2.jpg

• Like 3

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Love the app, keeps me motivated with those small gains. I accidentally went full speed spectrum when AI recommended foundations. Hopefully I didn’t screw myself, but may need a few days rest after last one. I know there’s more speed in there as a healthy 33yo male. 

E01BEE16-1D55-4B82-BC2A-90A42BBADE2A.jpeg

Edited by PAndaemonium89
  • Like 1

@PAndaemonium89 Looks like we are on same program/session number! Yeah, as others have shown/noted above the rest is very important. I had to take some extra rest before last session as I was frying myself between staggering gym and speed sessions mixed with sub par sleep. Looks like you are making some solid progress though! Nice work!

• Thanks 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2