2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

The Stack System

Max21

30 minutes ago, Jlocke22 said:

That’s awesome man! Amazing progress. If I was able to get half of that jump I would be very excited.

I did some practice today.  I was consistently 103+ and that’s a win.  Last ball on the range:

498970B8-5451-4619-98A8-1C9D9C2514F3.jpeg

• Like 2

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

1 hour ago, Bbunty said:

My stack journey so far. 

I’ve got a promo code for$50 off (15%). 

https://www.thestacksystem.com/checkouts/c/11fa8766eadddafd48baefc5f4787d15?discount=6hOSngxuSFho6g4M0L2dU8aaui22

81ED7B8A-8B00-4365-84C5-66F2999D4A4D.png

That’s a great and noticeable jump. Interesting to see the larger jumps once starting Full Speed Spectrum. That’s the one it had me start on and only a few sessions in. Doing some reading on other forums/videos it seems many have had large jumps with Full Speed and Neural Drive. So maybe will try that for round 2 or wait for some feedback on Borgmeir Program. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 Atmos Black 8X

Maverick Pro 3H Atmos Black 9X

Mizuno MP 18 4-PW KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 50*/54* KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

1 hour ago, Jlocke22 said:

That’s a great and noticeable jump. Interesting to see the larger jumps once starting Full Speed Spectrum. That’s the one it had me start on and only a few sessions in. Doing some reading on other forums/videos it seems many have had large jumps with Full Speed and Neural Drive. So maybe will try that for round 2 or wait for some feedback on Borgmeir Program. 

I think for me anyway it was the introduction of the step swings, I was also very diligent about doing it every other day. 

Got some rest over the weekend and some decent sleep last night. Saw some jumps on 135g/195g and after session got my driver out to see if I could beat my espeed estimation and threw multiple 123’s up and a PB at 124 mph. 

for reference only after 3rd session and threw up a best of 117 mph on baseline. 

3A4A4113-9FA7-41E6-B6E0-CBC041CFBCE8.png

447471E8-31BF-48A5-B0C0-0307B89A8858.png

A2843CC1-4CA3-4C36-B934-7A19C4ACA60D.jpeg

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

2 hours ago, Tiger_Stud said:

Do you guys get into your driver posture when swinging this device or into the posture the hybrid length gets you in?

I mean I am still dealing with snow and cold weather so have to swing in garage. I treat it like a driver where I pretend to have it more towards front foot and shoulder angled upwards. The last mistake I want to make though is smashing that thing on the ground. 

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Does anyone want to offer some words of encouragement... I think this chart is trending the wrong way. I'm also noticing the same at the range. I was 'cruising' at 107. My new cruising speed is 103, 104. This is my second program now (Foundation->Neural Drive), and 98mph was my baseline eSpeed on day 1.

Not much has changed, still working out with the same volume, still practicing the same amount, and getting proper sleep...

773128896_CleanShot2023-02-20at17_16.01@2x.png.63e7056442b2001a2ffc8d9ad3ae53f6.png

Edited by fullyjosh

4 minutes ago, fullyjosh said:

Does anyone want to offer some words of encouragement... I think this chart is trending the wrong way. I'm also noticing the same at the range. I was 'cruising' at 107. My new cruising speed is 103, 104. This is my second program now, and 98mph was my baseline speed on day 1.

Not much has changed, still working out with the same volume, still practicing the same amount, and getting proper sleep...

773128896_CleanShot2023-02-20at17_16.01@2x.png.63e7056442b2001a2ffc8d9ad3ae53f6.png

This seems almost impossible.  Call Sasha at the Stack.

• Like 1

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

6 minutes ago, mattsam said:

This seems almost impossible.  Call Sasha at the Stack.

When I noticed some oddities during my Foundation program, I reached out before, and he said everything looked normal. I was planning on giving it another few weeks before I bothered him. Mike from Fit For Golf also had a look for me and suggested I start taking things away from my routine. I'm going to power through for now and see if the trend reverses. 

But man, does it suck when you get to that first 195g swing for the session, and you know it's not your day.

Edited by fullyjosh

19 minutes ago, fullyjosh said:

Does anyone want to offer some words of encouragement... I think this chart is trending the wrong way. I'm also noticing the same at the range. I was 'cruising' at 107. My new cruising speed is 103, 104. This is my second program now (Foundation->Neural Drive), and 98mph was my baseline eSpeed on day 1.

How would you feel if session 10 was 108 instead of 98? I wouldn't worry about it until you have a string of disappointingly low sessions AND you are see shorter distances on the course. I've had a series of "bad" sessions, but am now finding new distances on the course. Progress isn't linear (actually it is nowhere close to linear), so sometimes you just have to power through it.

I would take a few days off from all workouts, and hit the Stack again and see how it goes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DLiver said:

How would you feel if session 10 was 108 instead of 98? I wouldn't worry about it until you have a string of disappointingly low sessions AND you are see shorter distances on the course. I've had a series of "bad" sessions, but am now finding new distances on the course. Progress isn't linear (actually it is nowhere close to linear), so sometimes you just have to power through it.

I would take a few days off from all workouts, and hit the Stack again and see how it goes.

Session 10 being 108 would make me feel a lot better actually - even 104 would make me feel okay. 

You're probably right though. I might finish out this week to see if it cures itself, and if not, I'll cut out the other workouts for a couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, fullyjosh said:

Aren’t the first four sessions of Neural full swing only? Going from 109 Full to 98 Max would probably worry me too. 

• Like 1

I've completed two programs (Foundation plus Neural Drive) and it looks like my 195g Stack speed is up 2 mph in that time.

It would have been nice to have the 5-7 mph gain that most people seem to get in this period, but if this trend continues and I get a 4-5 mph bump over a year I won't be disappointed.

Edited by GolfTurkey

43 minutes ago, GolfTurkey said:

I've completed two programs (Foundation plus Neural Drive) and it looks like my 195g Stack speed is up 2 mph in that time.

It would have been nice to have the 5-7 mph gain that most people seem to get in this period, but if this trend continues and I get a 4-5 mph bump over a year I won't be disappointed.

you have to remember there’s also the unknown variable of how bad the users who have big speed jumps sequences actually are, or also conversely how poor the small speed gains users sequencing also has or has not improved. Probably good for us to understand from some users on both sides of the spectrum to chime in on if/how they have or haven’t improved in that capacity.

39 minutes ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

you have to remember there’s also the unknown variable of how bad the users who have big speed jumps sequences actually are, or also conversely how poor the small speed gains users sequencing also has or has not improved. Probably good for us to understand from some users on both sides of the spectrum to chime in on if/how they have or haven’t improved in that capacity.

How would you know if your sequencing has or hasn't improved?

My understanding is that speed gains come from three primary sources, improving technique, firing up the neural system and getting stronger,

The stack may help people to self-organise into a better technique (like a better transition sequence), its primary target is the neural system and maybe the heavier weights help strength a little.

If you don't gain (much), it's hard to know if technique or strength is the limiting factor, or maybe your neural system is not adapting as fast as others. Starting point probably matters too. I'm supposedly in the 98th percentile for my age (surprised it's that high) so I probably shouldn't expect dramatic gains.

22 hours ago, fullyjosh said:

I saw a dip in my foundations although not as drastic. I would stay with it. 

68E1A268-8F5F-444D-A7D0-4516BCC7E3FF.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GolfTurkey said:

How would you know if your sequencing has or hasn't improved?

My understanding is that speed gains come from three primary sources, improving technique, firing up the neural system and getting stronger,

The stack may help people to self-organise into a better technique (like a better transition sequence), its primary target is the neural system and maybe the heavier weights help strength a little.

If you don't gain (much), it's hard to know if technique or strength is the limiting factor, or maybe your neural system is not adapting as fast as others. Starting point probably matters too. I'm supposedly in the 98th percentile for my age (surprised it's that high) so I probably shouldn't expect dramatic gains.

I guess that is a bit of a loaded or case to case question pertaining to if sequencing has approved. To me if you were towards the top 5% or so in percentile, went through multiple Stack programs already, of decent shape/strength for age, and still improving, I would say you are getting more efficient and sequencing better. 

To me sequencing improving is the feeling of swinging more effortlessly while maintaining balance and seeing higher CHS/Ball Speeds overtime.  

I obviously don't have any data at all, but would hypothesize that users with starting baseline speeds that are on the higher ends of CHS spectrum are seeing gains more from removing the rev limiter. I would guess people on slower ends of CHS spectrum (not of higher age) baseline speeds gains are more about sequencing, improving weight shift, and removing excess movements/optimizing swing plane initially.

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

The Stack brought the big guns out for todays session. First time touching 280 grams and doing any step swings. Was able to PR on the step swings after a few attempts and hit a set PR on 240 grams after it made me do the 280 and reverted back to 240. 

Fun to see the science behind it and changes it makes to try and push you. 

7A8724C0-5645-4FC1-95D3-406B39C32CF9.jpeg

F898AF4D-252E-4E70-827A-49C81B29078B.png

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

1 hour ago, DLiver said:

^^^I am envious. My step swings are always slower than non-step swings. I have watched vids and tried dozens of different ways to do the step swings, and it is always slow for me. :classic_sad:

That’s interesting.

even a single step 7 iron I jump quite easily from 89/90 to 92/93

On 2/20/2023 at 4:19 PM, fullyjosh said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/404105cadf4a5444e772eafdc4b6c30205455c0e294657c9421d9b92becfdfed/1280/cdn-cgi/mirage/404105cadf4a5444e772eafdc4b6c30205455c0e294657c9421d9b92becfdfed/1280/https://wrxcdn.golfwrx.com/uploads/monthly_2023_02/773128896_CleanShot2023-02-20at17_16.01@2x.png.63e7056442b2001a2ffc8d9ad3ae53f6.png

What device are you using to measure your speed? Any setup changes with that device? What period of time is that?

Dropping 10% on speed when working on speed is pretty crazy - something had to have changed in your body, mind, technique, environment (temp change, shoe change, amount of clothing change, etc), or device. Are you sure you don’t have a mild muscle strain, back tweak, or mild viral infection or something?

If none of the above, maybe you’re making changes to your swing that you think are speed producers, but are actually speed reducers. A common one is trying to pull down harder/faster from the top, which can add tension to your shoulders and wrists and stall rotation or throw away angles early. Another common one is trying to get a longer backswing, but doing it with arms instead of turn. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GungHoGolf said:

What device are you using to measure your speed? Any setup changes with that device? What period of time is that?

Dropping 10% on speed when working on speed is pretty crazy - something had to have changed in your body, mind, technique, environment (temp change, shoe change, amount of clothing change, etc), or device. Are you sure you don’t have a mild muscle strain, back tweak, or mild viral infection or something?

If none of the above, maybe you’re making changes to your swing that you think are speed producers, but are actually speed reducers. A common one is trying to pull down harder/faster from the top, which can add tension to your shoulders and wrists and stall rotation or throw away angles early. Another common one is trying to get a longer backswing, but doing it with arms instead of turn. 

Device - PRGR. I did travel with it recently and maybe it got banged up but worth comparing to Trackman during my next range session but doubt it. 
Body/Mind/et al - nothing comes to mind but maybe it's something very subtle?
Technique - This is where my money lies personally. I've been taking lessons since September. I do try to only work on technical changes during dedicated range sessions but it's possible there's one or two 'half feelings' creeping in. When I'm speed training, I'm usually focused on trying to do a "max" swing and get onto the verge of losing balance.

I was WFH today, feeling a bit overcaffeinated, and decided to do a session. On the 195g sessions I went something like 91/92/92/92/92. Feeling a bit bummed out I decided to swing a couple more but focusing on bringing the club more from the inside and squeezing my oblique, then all of a sudden I got 93, then 94, swung another and got 95, swung another and back to 92. I'm really starting to think it's a technique thing.

Appreciate the reply.

Edited by fullyjosh

On 2/17/2023 at 11:26 PM, Brooks_Cupcake said:

https://thestacksystem.com/cart/37666159231170:1?discount=Qc1TC9axLAZ4LkzdoeBxU3RWvz12
If anyone needs a promo code for 15% off, feel free to use the above.

Thanks. I pulled the trigger with this code yesterday after being on the fence for a year.  I played over the weekend and didn't like seeing my kid drive it past me by 30 yards.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fullyjosh said:

Side note, how can I get the most grip at home? I'm currently wearing spikeless golf shoes on an area rug. Anyone have something better?

Does your area rug slip/slide/twist under you? If so, that’s an incredible speed killer. 

There are anti-slip rubber perforated sheet products you can try under your area rug, or you could buy a real golf hitting mat and use 4” square heavy duty velcro stuck to the corners and also a bare floor. Or pick up a 3/4” thick horse stall rubber mat from a local farm store, they’re heavy enough to stay in place. 

1 minute ago, GungHoGolf said:

Does your area rug slip/slide/twist under you? If so, that’s an incredible speed killer. 

There are anti-slip rubber perforated sheet products you can try under your area rug, or you could buy a real golf hitting mat and use 4” square heavy duty velcro stuck to the corners and also a bare floor. Or pick up a 3/4” thick horse stall rubber mat from a local farm store, they’re heavy enough to stay in place. 

I don't think there's any play in the rug but not nearly as much grip as I have on grass.

I also do 1/3 sessions a week at my indoor range with spikeless shoes on this fibre putting green and don't see any difference between my home and range sessions.

3 minutes ago, fullyjosh said:

I don't think there's any play in the rug but not nearly as much grip as I have on grass.

I also do 1/3 sessions a week at my indoor range with spikeless shoes on this fibre putting green and don't see any difference between my home and range sessions.

Ok, as long as it's not slipping under you you're probably ok.