2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

The Stack System

Max21

Overall, I've been a bit disappointed with the Stack.  I started about 4 months ago.  Before doing the regiment, I got on trackman and found my cruising speed at 109 and my absolute max was 112.  After completing the foundations course, it said my speed was up a few MPH, but I went back to the trackman and had identical numbers to beforehand.

I've now continued into the Neural Drive program and I've seen my stack numbers fall by 4-5MPH across the board.  So I'm not really sure what is going on now or what to do? I'll complete the Neural Drive program in a few weeks, but hard to see what the point of continuing would be if I sill haven't seen a gain.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CMCSGolf said:

Overall, I've been a bit disappointed with the Stack.  I started about 4 months ago.  Before doing the regiment, I got on trackman and found my cruising speed at 109 and my absolute max was 112.  After completing the foundations course, it said my speed was up a few MPH, but I went back to the trackman and had identical numbers to beforehand.

I've now continued into the Neural Drive program and I've seen my stack numbers fall by 4-5MPH across the board.  So I'm not really sure what is going on now or what to do? I'll complete the Neural Drive program in a few weeks, but hard to see what the point of continuing would be if I sill haven't seen a gain.

Do you do anything outside of speed training?

Do you do any speed training with your actual clubs on days when you’re not doing the stack?

8 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Do you do any speed training with your actual clubs on days when you’re not doing the stack?

Reading folks on here and other boards who haven't had success I do wonder if they are doing anything outside of this.

To me - the stack, or any speed training really, is like any other gym activity. If I work on my bench press for a few months, its going to get better. But if I then drop it for 6 months and do nothing, I cant expect that I can bench as much as I did at the height of it. 

Its not a magic bullet, you aren't going to gain speed and then its just going to stay there as sort of your new-max without maintenence work.

For me, its worth the time and I can now see keeping this up throughout the season. During the season I feel like I could do this twice a week for 15 minutes and it would be worth it.

• Like 1

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I’m not doing anything else.  That was the thing that drew me in, I don’t have time to go to the gym.  It will stick because of the duration.  

1 hour ago, dcmidnight said:

Reading folks on here and other boards who haven't had success I do wonder if they are doing anything outside of this.

To me - the stack, or any speed training really, is like any other gym activity. If I work on my bench press for a few months, its going to get better. But if I then drop it for 6 months and do nothing, I cant expect that I can bench as much as I did at the height of it. 

Its not a magic bullet, you aren't going to gain speed and then its just going to stay there as sort of your new-max without maintenence work.

For me, it’s worth the time and I can now see keeping this up throughout the season. During the season I feel like I could do this twice a week for 15 minutes and it would be worth it.

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

1 hour ago, mattsam said:

I’m not doing anything else.  That was the thing that drew me in, I don’t have time to go to the gym.  It will stick because of the duration.  

Then that might be your issue. Most of the success comes with some combination of exercise - weights, resistance training, etc.

You may also have physical limitations (ie. TPI screening) or may not actually be pushing yourself to your limits.

Just speculation on my part.

44 minutes ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Then that might be your issue. Most of the success comes with some combination of exercise - weights, resistance training, etc.

You may also have physical limitations (ie. TPI screening) or may not actually be pushing yourself to your limits.

Also bad mechanics could be part of it and you’ve reached the limit of where your swing is 

2 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

I’m not having issues, it’s working great for me

2023 bag

myTaylormade Stealth 2 Plus custom 10.5 BGT Brava X Stiff tipped 1”
Taylormade Stealth 2 Tour issue 17.8 deg 5 wood Brava X Stiff FW
Titleist TSR3 4hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Titleist TSR3 5hy Graphite Design HY 90X

Miura CB-302 5,6,7 Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura MC502 8,9,pw Fujikura Axiom 105 Stiff

Miura HB 50 deg S400 tour issue

Miura K2.0 54/58 S400 tour Taylormade Spider GT 33.5” short slant

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Mine arrives tomorrow. Been adding in some jumps, rotation work, extra lat work, and grip strength exercises in workouts to prep myself for it a bit. First time taking the plunge into speed work with feedback. Looking forward to seeing how others progress who have started in last week or two. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 Atmos Black 8X

Maverick Pro 3H Atmos Black 9X

Mizuno MP 18 4-PW KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 50*/54* KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

17 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Not really.  I do some light yoga and other general exercise (daily sit ups and pushups, weekly bike riding and swimming), but all that has been constant before and during Stack training.

Regarding speed training outside of the Stack, I've gone to a simulator bay with trackman and hit drivers as hard as I can about once a month. Nothing regular though.

If I understand Sasho, this is supposed to kind of be a magic bullet.  It should not require a lot of other outside exercise, otherwise how do I know what's really driving the gains?  I can understand losing gains if you don't keep up the training, but in my case I've really not seen any gains with a real club.  And that's all that really matters for me.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:19 PM, Chief Penguin said:

Interested to hear about stalls or regressions people have had on the stack. Back in December my 195g sets were averaging about 105, and I was seeing some swings over 110. This correlated closely with real driver swings - I clocked my first 117 mph driver swing in a very long time.

I had a two week break around Christmas and I am really struggling to get close to that since - I can’t seem to muster anything over 102/103 in the past month. On course is fine, but I’m hanging around 109-111.

Just a follow up note to say that today, on my very next session I was back up to 105 at 195g (after a month plus of averaging 3-4 mph below that) and set a few single-swing records, which was a big relief.

I also got a midwinter round in yesterday and a 110 mph swing is pretty effortless now. I think the added control at cruising speed is a big benefit of the stack.

Edited by Chief Penguin
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chief Penguin said:

Just a follow up note to say that today, on my very next session I was back up to 105 at 195g and set a few single-swing records, which was a big relief.

I also got a midwinter round in yesterday and a 110 mph swing is pretty effortless now. I think the added control at cruising speed is a big benefit of the stack.

That's really interesting.  I did a session this afternoon and also returned to within 1 MPH of my all time high on 195.

Interestingly, my cruising speed is about 108-109 and my max ever with the 195g is 101.  Am I a really slow swinger with the stack?  Curious what the relationship between driver speed and stack 195g "should" be.

On the board - wouldn’t say I was feeling 100% as I think my daughter may have passed her bug to me but couldn’t stop me from testing this baby out when it showed up. Got some swings in the garage after a little warmup at 48 degrees. Excited to see what is to come - it recommended Full Speed Spectrum for phase 1. 

5C186BB7-C06D-4E3E-8C42-2DFF104CD46D.png

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Tough to make judgement from just one page of the 195g screen. 

Were some of those sets Max and some were Full? I would expect there to be a difference there.

How do your overalls look, like your overall ESpeed screen?

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

17 minutes ago, DLiver said:

I have to admit it is challenging to keep the faith at the moment. A change in measuring devices hurt my numbers, but still...

IMG_9288.PNG

I've found that my Stack performance directly correlates to how much work I'm able to do in the gym apart from the Stack AND even more importantly also how well I'm able to recover between Stack sessions. Getting enough protein, water, and quality sleep is massively impactful to performance with the Stack.

Maybe you are effectively doing those things, and if that's the case then your results are puzzling. If you're not, then it's rather likely that you've found what needs to be fixed.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

4 hours ago, DLiver said:

I have to admit it is challenging to keep the faith at the moment. A change in measuring devices hurt my numbers, but still...

IMG_9288.PNG

Yeah I guess it would probably depend on when you switched devices? After session 7 or 9? I am not sure as from top to bottom is basically a 10% drop off which is a very large range. I am pretty new to the program but even at full intent/max intent series they aren't that widespread in range from one to the next. 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

2 hours ago, Jlocke22 said:

Yeah I guess it would probably depend on when you switched devices? After session 7 or 9? I am not sure as from top to bottom is basically a 10% drop off which is a very large range. I am pretty new to the program but even at full intent/max intent series they aren't that widespread in range from one to the next. 

Session 9 I switched to the PRGR, then session 10 went to the Mevo+ and have stayed with it since. I think the Mevo+ is the most accurate of the devices I've used. The PRGR is consistently slower than the Mevo+ when I have done them side by side. (Interestingly, the PRGR ball speeds on the range are virtually identical to the Mevo+, but the CHS numbers are always lower.) I guess when you factor in the change in radars, you could make the case that I am just at a plateau rather than declining.

Hi all, I’ve just finished my second program and am deciding what to do next.  

has anyone started the Borgmeier program yet?  

I’m going to give that a try next. I’m up 10mph from the two programs I’ve completed. So no complaints here with the system. But notice that I don’t get any faster speeds out of the step ones.  So hoping that the Borgmeier program will help work on GFR. 

Anyone’s thoughts would be good to hear. 

On 2/16/2023 at 5:43 PM, DLiver said:

Session 9 I switched to the PRGR, then session 10 went to the Mevo+ and have stayed with it since. I think the Mevo+ is the most accurate of the devices I've used. The PRGR is consistently slower than the Mevo+ when I have done them side by side. (Interestingly, the PRGR ball speeds on the range are virtually identical to the Mevo+, but the CHS numbers are always lower.) I guess when you factor in the change in radars, you could make the case that I am just at a plateau rather than declining.

I guess I am making gains on the course. I am seeing improved distances on the course--particularly with the longer clubs. Part of this may be due to a better turn that I am working on, but I am doing the same improved turn when I use the Stack, so it is hard to tell. But it is fun to pound the ball on the course. I can't wait until the temps warm up a bit.

On 2/16/2023 at 4:43 PM, DLiver said:

What did you use for sessions 1-8?

10 hours ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

That could explain why your numbers vary so much in 1-8. I’m surprised the Mevo+ reads so low. Is your driver eSpeed also lower? I know PRGR eSpeed is generally 195g speed plus 9. Did you change the device in settings?

My experience with the SSR is that it matched my Trackman and Rapsodo MLM numbers. I've had two SSRs and this one reads slower than the other one. The Mevo+ seems to read a little slow, but I haven't check my CHS on a Trackman or X3 recently. I am getting older, so that could be a factor. Whenever I change a measuring device, I change it in the TSS settings.

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2