2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Mizuno wait time?

Hardline

19 hours ago, CHD09 said:

I also ordered on 4/1 921F Modus 115X. Spoke to someone week before last and was told 1-2 weeks so hoping they ship this week. If you back please let us know what they say.

I just got off the phone with them they are working through 3/30-31 orders now. 4/1 should start production by the end of this week and ship mid-end of next week. 

• Like 2
[size=2]Taylormade M2 9.5* (‘17) - Alda Rogue Black 95MSI 70g-X
Taylormade V-Steel 15* - Aldila NV Proto 75g-X
Adams Idea Pro A12 Proto 20* - UST Mamiya TSPX 85g-X
Srixon Z765 4i-9i - Nippon Modus 3 120x
Vokey 46.08 : 52.08 : 56.10 Spin Milled : 60.04
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 - 35.75"[/size]

I had a fitting last week & was fit into the 223's with a KBS C Taper Lite 115x shaft.

My fitter builds all of the clubs in house & does a complimentary loft/lie & gapping session once the clubs are built. He told me that he already had some heads on order that I could have & yesterday informed me that the current delivery date for the heads in 06/20. I'm hoping this is a pretty firm date being as Mizuno aren't having to do the club build themselves.

I know there are KBS shaft issues but he assured me he has a set of shafts put aside for my build. This next month is going to be the longest of my life, I feel for all you guys who have had a 2 or 3 month wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SimonC said:

I had a fitting last week & was fit into the 223's with a KBS C Taper Lite 115x shaft.

My fitter builds all of the clubs in house & does a complimentary loft/lie & gapping session once the clubs are built. He told me that he already had some heads on order that I could have & yesterday informed me that the current delivery date for the heads in 06/20. I'm hoping this is a pretty firm date being as Mizuno aren't having to do the club build themselves.

I know there are KBS shaft issues but he assured me he has a set of shafts put aside for my build. This next month is going to be the longest of my life, I feel for all you guys who have had a 2 or 3 month wait.

One thing I found is that it's better when there's no actual set date for delivery. Like you get anxious waiting every day if you know that your package is getting delivered in exactly 3 days, but if you don't know what day exactly, you don't go as crazy

Driver: Titleist TSR3 10| Tensei 1K Black 75 X

3 Wood: Titleist TSi3 150 | Tensei 1K Black 75 X

2 Iron: TaylorMade P790 UDI 170 | HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 90 S

4-PW: Mizuno Pro 225 | Project X 6.0 120g

500: Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08 F-Grind | DG S200 Wedge

540: Mizuno T22 Copper 54.12 S-Grind | DG TI S400

600: Mizuno T22 Copper 60.10 C-Grind | DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2020 Special Select Newport 2.0 35"

18 hours ago, Soxfan21 said:

Could be worse, ordered Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58 with Project X 6.0 the same day I ordered my MP 223 with Project X LS 6.5.  Should be getting the MPs by 6/8, and was quoted 6/22 for the Vokeys.  Both sets were ordered 4/7.

HA. I guess you're right in a sense.

18 hours ago, skmcclure said:

Maybe not totally accurate.  My Srixon ZX7s arrived last Thursday, 1 days short of 8 weeks exactly.

So I guess ill have mine the week before 4th of July Weekend. April 24th is when I placed my order, and from this chat it seems its 2 months exact.

Driver -  Callaway GBB Epic 9.5° -- Aldila ROGUE M.A.X. 75 X

3W - Callaway Rogue ST LS 15°-- Mitsubishi AV Tensei White 75 X

3H - Callaway Apex Hybrid 20°  -- Fujikura Speeder 865 X

Irons -  Mizuno Pro 225's 4-7 / 221's 8-PW -- Nippon Modus 120 X

Wedges - Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges - 50° (S Grind), 54° (S Grind), 58° (D Grind) -- Nippon Modus 120 X

Putter - Odyssey #7 Black Series

52 minutes ago, SamGreeman13 said:

One thing I found is that it's better when there's no actual set date for delivery. Like you get anxious waiting every day if you know that your package is getting delivered in exactly 3 days, but if you don't know what day exactly, you don't go as crazy

I know what you mean, I'm bad enough if I think I've got a parcel arriving in a day or 2 & it ends up being late. It will be interesting to see if they actually arrive on time

Ordered a 4 iron pro fli hi with tensei pro white on 3/28.  It shipped yesterday 5/24, but isn't estimated to come until 5/31 (I assume ground shipping from GA to CA). 

Ping G430 LST 10.5* - Fuji Ventus Blue VeloCore+ 6X

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5* - Fuji Ventus Blue VeloCore+ 7X

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 💎💎💎 20* - PX Denali Blue 80TX

Ping G425 Max 23.5* - UST Attas T2 8X

Titleist TSR1 26* - Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8X

Srixon ZX7 6-9 - DG X100

Titleist SM9 46F & 50F - DG X100

Titleist SM9 55S & 60T - DG X7 "Spinners"

L.A.B. DF3 - TPT - Press II 3* Smooth / L.A.B. Link.1 - TPT - SS XL Tour 2.0

Srixon Z-Star 💎

20 hours ago, Soxfan21 said:

Could be worse, ordered Vokey SM9 50, 54, 58 with Project X 6.0 the same day I ordered my MP 223 with Project X LS 6.5.  Should be getting the MPs by 6/8, and was quoted 6/22 for the Vokeys.  Both sets were ordered 4/7.

That's actually not bad for the vokeys. I ordered same lofts and shafts as you on 3/12 and got them last week so right around 9 weeks. Was quoted 8-12.

Here is my story of frustration:

I did a club fitting at Maple Hill Golf in February 2022. They recommended 2 different types of clubs, one of which being the JPX921 Hot Metals. I waited almost 2 weeks, researching and thinking. Finally, on 3/3/22 I ordered the HMs, 4-PW, GW, SW, and LW, with Project X IO 6.0 shafts, standard length, up 2 degrees on the lie. At that time, I was quoted 8 weeks due to a recent hacking of Mizuno and their shipping company. I didn't want to be a bother to Maple Hill, so I waited the full 8 weeks (4/28/22) to even inquire about my clubs. They contacted Mizuno, and later that day MH called me and told me that the shafts were on backorder. My first instinct was, "Nobody felt the need to share that information for 8 weeks? They HAD TO have known that those shafts were on backorder." The Mizuno rep that MH spoke to said that the shafts should be delivered to Mizuno on 5/10, and MH figured they'd have them for me around 5/17. On 5/17, I called MH again, and they reached back out to Mizuno. This time Mizuno told them that the shafts were supposed to be delivered on 5/20, and MH figured I'd have the clubs by 5/27. So, you know it...I called again on 5/20. MH contacted Mizuno, and they never confirmed or denied that the shafts had shown up, but MH was confident that my clubs would be assembled and delivered in the next week. May 20 was a Friday, so I didn't expect any news over the weekend, but today (5/25) MH contacted me and said that the shafts STILL have not arrived, and there is no timetable. So, I canceled my order. I have seen a few others in this thread say that they ordered their clubs after me, with the same shafts, and that theirs are being shipped. This leads me to believe that they have prioritized the newer, more expensive model ahead of the orders that may have been placed earlier. That is the kind of customer service that will cause me to NEVER purchase ANYTHING with a Mizuno logo on it. 

• Haha 1

In case anyone ordered from DD’s…they added two weeks to my order but should be here tomorrow. Ordered on 3/16. According to Mizuno, the actual order didn’t get placed until 3/22 and shipped out last Thursday 5/19. However, they have to ship to Oregon and then DD’s ships from there. So it’ll be 3/16-5/26 from my vantage…but 3/22-5/19 from Mizuno’s.

Very strange, but so is everything in golf equipment right now. It’s a first world problem but just a heads up. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, regiwstruk said:

In case anyone ordered from DD’s…they added two weeks to my order but should be here tomorrow. Ordered on 3/16. According to Mizuno, the actual order didn’t get placed until 3/22 and shipped out last Thursday 5/19. However, they have to ship to Oregon and then DD’s ships from there. So it’ll be 3/16-5/26 from my vantage…but 3/22-5/19 from Mizuno’s.

Very strange, but so is everything in golf equipment right now. It’s a first world problem but just a heads up. 

Yep Agreed.  So just out of good measure I called again this morning.  Order placed on 4/24.  Large order coming my way full set of irons and 3 wedges.   He said on Sunday would be the 5th week which means 2 more weeks then it will go into production and will be a 4 day turnaround time to build and ship by 6/20. 

Wedges - Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges - 50° (S Grind), 54° (S Grind), 58° (D Grind) -- Nippon Modus 120 X

Mine were delivered today.  223/225 combo with KBS tour x 130s. I ordered on 3/28.

Spoke with mizuno a couple of days ago and they said they had all components and they would ship early next week.  I called the shop I ordered from today and they said Mizunos system wasn't even showing them as shipped. Not sure if I got lucky or not but there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Edited by cwads12
  • Like 1

Ordered a set of 223s 4-P, +25”, +2 upright, Nippon Modus 115X (initially ordered with 125X but no longer available with Mizuno) on 3/20. Got shipping notification today target delivery date 6/1. 

Driver:  Taylormade Qi10 Black Out 9° w/ Ventus Velocore Black 7X

3 Wood: Taylormade Qi10 Tour 15° w/ Ventus TR Velocore Blue 8X

Utility: Taylormade Stealth UDI 18° w/ Nippon GOST X

4 to GW: Mizuno JPX 923 Tour w/ Nippon Modus 125X

SW to LW: Cleveland RTX 6 Tour Rack 54° and 58° w/ Nippon Modus Wedge 125X

Putter: Mack Made Tribute Notchback Midblade Center Shaft w/ 35” BGT Stability Shaft

Ball: Maxfli Tour X 

Bag: Vessel Players IV Pro DXR

Cart: CaddyTek CaddyCruiser ONE Tour w/ Club Booster v2 or Clicgear 3.5+

20 hours ago, Kuuuch said:

Made a separate post about it but waited 3.5 months and Mizuno sent the wrong specs (half inch longer than I stated). Make sure you check them as they said they've been seeing screw ups

Agreed - When they get delivered to Golf Tech where I got fitted, I told them specifically to check all lofts / lie angles before I go to pick them up.  I am not wasting a drive to get them all wrong lol.

Found my 223s on the auction site in ‘mint’ condition last week and they showed up over the weekend. 

They still had plastic on all of the club heads. They had never touched a ball. 

My distances are off as they don’t fly like my P790s which is exactly why I wanted them. No one needs to hit a 7 iron 190 plus.

Now on to find some Miz wedges, but that should be easier.

• Like 1

I have been following this thread as I ordered my JPX921 Tours on 3/25. I received them from my club on 5/24.  My rep said it has been cut down to 6 weeks, but he said 6-8 weeks when I ordered so take that for what it's worth.  I'm in TX if that matters.

An IMPORTANT item to note ---- When I received them, I hit them that day and a couple days thereafter and noticed my ball flight and distances were vastly different than my previous set (which were Mizuno MP59s, which have the same lofts as the 921 Tours) as well as different versus when I hit them in my demo. Being a fairly consistent hitter, I immediately had buyers regret and made an appointment with my Mizuno fitter this Saturday ---- and after our appointment decided to bend them 1 degree to see if that helped (I originally ordered a standard lie).  I then dropped them off at my club's pro shop.  I get a call about 2 hours later and our pro tells me that the reason why everything seemed different was because the lofts and lies were completely off on every single club.  The lofts on my PW, 9, 7, 5 and 4 were between 2-5 degrees weaker vs. standard. The 8 and 6 irons were 2 & 3 degrees, respectively, stronger than standard.  The lies ranged from 0 to 4 degrees upright depending on the club.  My club pro adjusted them all to standard lofts and 1 degree upright and they now play perfectly.

I was told that because Mizuno and other club manufacturers (it's not just Mizuno) are so behind, they are rushing clubs out and quality control for custom clubs isn't as thorough --- so the details stuff like loft/lie are being overlooked and not checked.  So, if you get your clubs and they seem off, get them checked.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kind of absurd that you're dropping over $1k for a set of irons and they can't be bothered to check loft/lie. . .

Stealth OG 10.5 Ventus Red 6s

Epic flash 18deg Fujikura pro 6.0s

Maverick 21deg 7wd Fujikura pro 7.0S

5i-Aw Srixon ZX5  KBS TGI 100

52 Glide 4.0 SS KBS TGI 100

56 Glide 4.0 WS KBS TGI 100

60 Glide 4.0 TS KBS TGI 100

Lab DF3 70 deg 35.5" Accra Black

1 hour ago, ephmen said:

Kind of absurd that you're dropping over $1k for a set of irons and they can't be bothered to check loft/lie. . .

1k would actually be a bargain these days...  My friends and I have had very good luck with our local shops (Roger Dunn) inspecting and adjusting lie/lofts once they arrive.  You are absolutely correct that Mizuno and other OEMs should be doing this before going out the door but most of the folks in the retail end are taking care of the customer (mostly)