Spider X Hydroblast Short Slant - Release Date

Catrick_Pantlay

Good to hear Swish-how about

a.... Trophy? Yeah we'll hook you up with the trophy icon.

Ha, still getting used to the WRX icons.

So what do I make of this?

First off, the inevitable.

Basically what I had given a  prior heads up about. 

The standard ole completely underwhelming & predictable get nothing solved response of :

"We've looked into your inquiry and show the spider X hydro blast number 3 is not available currently...As you know, we are experiencing delays so I'm unable to give you a date, yada yada..."

If you've heard it once, you've heard it a thousand times.

But there was a nice little tidbit referencing how TaylorMade basically does not issue any Regional/ (SCO) Single Country Only productsd

Meaning, perhaps it may be just a matter of time before its released in the United States.

I'm sure not going to hold my breath though.

Gotta keep the pressure on by chatting or emailing every so often if we have a few spare minutes.

They'll hear us sooner than later!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Based on how Rors is putting this week (so far) at the Open Championships @taylormade may get more requests for this one!!

• Like 1
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

• 1 month later...

If there was ever a time for @TaylorMadeGolf to release the Hydroblast slant neck, it is NOW! Am I right?! 😁

Congrats to Rory on an incredible finish to the season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 9* |  Ventus Blue Velo 6S

TaylorMade Stealth+ 3W   | Ventus Blue Velo 7S

Titleist TSR3 5W | Graphite Design AD-IZ 8S

Titleist TSR2 4H  |  Graphite Design AD-DI 85S

Titleist T150 5 - GW | Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105X

TaylorMade MG3 54*  58* | Dynamic Gold S400

TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Titleist Pro V1 | Srixon Z-Star Diamond

23 hours ago, zap311 said:

If there was ever a time for @TaylorMadeGolf to release the Hydroblast slant neck, it is NOW! Am I right?! 😁

Congrats to Rory on an incredible finish to the season!

TaylorMade seems happy pretending that he used a putter he didn't, and selling what he didn't use as if he did use it...

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/clubhouse/415320-rory-rips-back-to-win-2022-tour-championship-and-fedex-cup.html?lang=en_US

Pretty forking lame and non pro attitude by TaylorMade if you ask me. How many kids will click that link in that page and think they can buy "Rory's" putter? Makes me not want to buy their products... The circa 10* difference in toe hang is huge, like pretending a B60 and an Anser feels the same.

They are lying here too

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/tourplayers/rory-mcilroy.html?lang=en_US

OK I wont throw my TaylorMade clubs in the garbage can, I'm too cheap for that, but this is really bad attitude TaylorMade!

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, ShortGameGod said:

Still no available putters? Except for those few seen in Canada? Any ebay auctions / prices?

Pretty much all gone at least were I am, have/had my eye open for a few WRX'ers in the US and of the 4-5 golf shops I sometimes frequent no more Spider X Slant necks. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

12 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Pretty much all gone at least were I am, have/had my eye open for a few WRX'ers in the US and of the 4-5 golf shops I sometimes frequent no more Spider X Slant necks. 

OK! 

I searched ebay, no trace of them, not even in sold / finished auctions. Has anybody seen a price?

I'm thinking of getting the flow neck #9 and giving it to a really good welder who could turn it into a small slant #3. A bad idea? I'm worried that the lie and loft might be difficult to fine tune if (withouth braking it)  it is not 100% correct welded?

Just now, ShortGameGod said:

OK! 

I searched ebay, no trace of them, not even in sold / finished auctions. Has anybody seen a price?

I'm thinking of getting the flow neck #9 and giving it to a really good welder who could turn it into a small slant #3. A bad idea? I'm worried that the lie and loft might be difficult to fine tune if (withouth braking it)  it is not 100% correct welded?

Most guys won't touch an insert putter cause the heat from the weld will mess the insert. 

As for price well when I found one I basically charged putter price and taxes (duh), shipping/supplies, PP fee and a fee for my time so I think it worked out to be like $375-450 USD depending on the exchange rate and shipping at the time. Now if/when the person sold it after they got it from me what they sold it for I don't know but you we're exactly getting a deal from me cause I'm not a business and I laid out cost fully. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

21 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Most guys won't touch an insert putter cause the heat from the weld will mess the insert. 

As for price well when I found one I basically charged putter price and taxes (duh), shipping/supplies, PP fee and a fee for my time so I think it worked out to be like $375-450 USD depending on the exchange rate and shipping at the time. Now if/when the person sold it after they got it from me what they sold it for I don't know but you we're exactly getting a deal from me cause I'm not a business and I laid out cost fully. 

Stupid me didn't think about that the insert and heat means trouble!

Let's "all" agree to infor each other in this thread about items for sale, at least when we don't plan on bidding ourselves 🙂

So...

A gentleman contacted me in WRX messages 1-2 months ago but I passed on it.  Hydroblast short slant brand new he said he'd used it a few times on the putting green but didn't fall in love with it.

I think he was even throwing in and upgraded limited edition spider head cover as well. I

Price was pretty high but I don't know if it was firm- you want me to check that message and see if I can find it?

Even though I strongly lean towards it being sold already since this was 45 days ago and he was ready to pass it on

• Like 1

Yes, Undoubtedly ..

There was a time early this summer I was quite focused on the hydro blast spider X. I almost bought the flow neck, thank goodness I didn't as it's definitely looks and putts quite different.

Every time Rory was on t.v. it was fun to watch him with the hydro blast slant and think about how lucky he is to have anything he wants at his disposal.

I grew over it though.

The 2020 spider tour black with black stepless shaft and another spider tour black I have are really all I'll ever need.

I love the way the black frames the ball and contrasts with the perfectly manicured short reel mower cut greens. 

Add some 9 Gram, like Rory, or 12 G weights on there and it's as solid as anything you'll ever need.

I didn't see any major difference in the X.

Sure I'd love one- we all like to change up color every now and then...but I'm not paying for $500 +/- to have one shipped from canada.

If I see one up anywhere for sale, I'll post it.

The TM Spider will always be a groundbreaking putter that will have my heart and a place in my bag or be the putter I always come back to.

It's solid as can be from inside 5 ft.

With the added weights it almost swings itself right on path every time . Which leads me to the only problem I've ever had with spider X or spider is distance control. Distance control has always been tough for me with the spider on Longer putts. Especially once you add some weight to it. Nothing like a blade for distance control for me.

Currently I'm back to my roots with the answer style blade putter.

Trying to find a gamer or something to switch it up.

We all need to switch it up every once in awhile. I'm looking for better distance control**

I found three Putters that I've narrowed it down to one is the original ping answer in bronze with sound slot that's absolute iconic.

My dad's from the early 80s with an iconic story he bought in the Country Club Pro Shop on the morning after all his clubs got stolen out of the back of his old Jeep Grand Wagoneer before his Club championship tournament. Early '80s.

He had the white ping tour bag 1012221254.jpg.1ed799592df33b5d9dc419b7c928a573.jpgand all back when those were really hard to get and highly sought after.

Second is ping tyne 4 Platinum which is basically their version of hydro blast finish you'll see it in the picture.

The third is something super cool which I only found out about recently and it's a hydro blast finish from TaylorMade in a blade anwer style putter from 2021 I believe.

One of the most gorgeous hydro blast finishes and Putters I've ever seen. The Hydroblast Soto.

I'll list a few pictures.

Spider Tour Blk T-Line Blk KBS Stepless

Spider Tour Blk std shaft long sightline

Ping Platinum short slant h o s e l (hydroblast ping version basically) TYNE 4

"Billy Horschel putter"

1012221254a.jpg.e1391e7f2cff050c7e8bc992d10af0e6.jpg

1012221255.jpg

1011220855c.jpg

Edited by WJack13
  • Like 1

I couldn't find the most-recent gent who reached out to me, but these are a few pictures from the first guy who reached out about selling his Hydroblast #3 hosel.

This was around July 6th 2022, and I was sick with covid all through the 4th of July time period so I passed.

Although a nice oversize leather couch to myself, in the cool air conditioning in the middle of summer watching the Braves and 4K PGA Tour Tournament coverage and several days off was much better than any fireworks!

If anyone wants to know if it's still available, I can give you his username... if it's allowed?

Most likely not still avail, but who knows?

Screenshot_2022-10-12-13-07-17.png

Screenshot_2022-10-12-13-07-11.png

Screenshot_2022-10-12-13-07-28.png

I literally just putted with a hydroblast short slant spider x the other day at a golf store in Canada. If anyone really wants the putter, send me a DM. 

Btw, it was 34 inches.

• Like 2

TM SIM 8* Ventus Black 6x

Titleist TS2 16.5* Ventus Black 7x

Mizuno MP-32 3-PW S300

Titleist Vokey SM6 52*F, 56*F, 60*S
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP2 34/340g

On 10/12/2022 at 7:43 PM, WJack13 said:

Yes, Undoubtedly ..

There was a time early this summer I was quite focused on the hydro blast spider X. I almost bought the flow neck, thank goodness I didn't as it's definitely looks and putts quite different.

Every time Rory was on t.v. it was fun to watch him with the hydro blast slant and think about how lucky he is to have anything he wants at his disposal.

I grew over it though.

The 2020 spider tour black with black stepless shaft and another spider tour black I have are really all I'll ever need.

I love the way the black frames the ball and contrasts with the perfectly manicured short reel mower cut greens. 

Add some 9 Gram, like Rory, or 12 G weights on there and it's as solid as anything you'll ever need.

I didn't see any major difference in the X.

Sure I'd love one- we all like to change up color every now and then...but I'm not paying for $500 +/- to have one shipped from canada.

If I see one up anywhere for sale, I'll post it.

The TM Spider will always be a groundbreaking putter that will have my heart and a place in my bag or be the putter I always come back to.

It's solid as can be from inside 5 ft.

With the added weights it almost swings itself right on path every time . Which leads me to the only problem I've ever had with spider X or spider is distance control. Distance control has always been tough for me with the spider on Longer putts. Especially once you add some weight to it. Nothing like a blade for distance control for me.

Currently I'm back to my roots with the answer style blade putter.

Trying to find a gamer or something to switch it up.

We all need to switch it up every once in awhile. I'm looking for better distance control**

I found three Putters that I've narrowed it down to one is the original ping answer in bronze with sound slot that's absolute iconic.

My dad's from the early 80s with an iconic story he bought in the Country Club Pro Shop on the morning after all his clubs got stolen out of the back of his old Jeep Grand Wagoneer before his Club championship tournament. Early '80s.

He had the white ping tour bag 1012221254.jpg.1ed799592df33b5d9dc419b7c928a573.jpgand all back when those were really hard to get and highly sought after.

Second is ping tyne 4 Platinum which is basically their version of hydro blast finish you'll see it in the picture.

The third is something super cool which I only found out about recently and it's a hydro blast finish from TaylorMade in a blade anwer style putter from 2021 I believe.

One of the most gorgeous hydro blast finishes and Putters I've ever seen. The Hydroblast Soto.

I'll list a few pictures.

Spider Tour Blk T-Line Blk KBS Stepless

Spider Tour Blk std shaft long sightline

Ping Platinum short slant h o s e l (hydroblast ping version basically) TYNE 4

"Billy Horschel putter"

1012221254a.jpg.e1391e7f2cff050c7e8bc992d10af0e6.jpg

1012221255.jpg

1011220855c.jpg

Hi!

Thank you for your posts! Interesting to hear about your dad! Remember that the Ping putter is named Anser, intentionally misspelled so it could be registered as a brand name, I think!

Regarding the Spider X putter, I can tell you all that I choose the opposite direction from you. I bought a Spider X Hydro Blast Flow Neck #9, I found a "used" one in new condition for a good price. I've only used it once, birdied the first hole! Then thunder cut the round short at nr 5....

I must say I really like the Hydro Blast finish on the Spider, it looks good and I love the fact that it will not show wear like other Spiders!

I'm still interested in the small slant #3, but I'll try out some other leads first. I might send you a PM later if I want to contact the seller you mentioned contacted you this summer. Thank you for letting us know!

Only looking at the toe hang angle, the small slant #3 should be a better match for me than the flow neck #9. But I'm wondering if the high MOI design makes a certain toe hang angle feel different in the putting stroke, than a more blade like putter like the Anser? 

I just started a thread about that:

• Like 1

So is Rory the only pro gaming a Spider X Hydroblast small slant #3?

What has been spotted? Has the small slant been seen used by other pros than Rory? LPGA, PGA, LIV, DPWT etc?

Watching this weeks DPWT Angel Hidalgo might have one, but probably not, despite what it seems from these photos below, I think he has the flow neck.  (I did a lot of pausing when I watched the last round from Valderrama. Nothing irritates your loved ones more than pausing and rewinding to look at minute details of golf clubs!) The angle of the photos below fools the eye regarding the neck design of Angels putter.

https://www.archysport.com/2022/10/angel-hidalgo-pulls-epic-to-achieve-the-lead-in-valderrama/

https://www.elmundo.es/deportes/golf/2022/10/14/6349b248e4d4d8952d8b45c4.html

Edited by ShortGameGod
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ShortGameGod said:

Hi!

Thank you for your posts! Interesting to hear about your dad! Remember that the Ping putter is named Anser, intentionally misspelled so it could be registered as a brand name, I think!

Regarding the Spider X putter, I can tell you all that I choose the opposite direction from you. I bought a Spider X Hydro Blast Flow Neck #9, I found a "used" one in new condition for a good price. I've only used it once, birdied the first hole! Then thunder cut the round short at nr 5....

I must say I really like the Hydro Blast finish on the Spider, it looks good and I love the fact that it will not show wear like other Spiders!

I'm still interested in the small slant #3, but I'll try out some other leads first. I might send you a PM later if I want to contact the seller you mentioned contacted you this summer. Thank you for letting us know!

Only looking at the toe hang angle, the small slant #3 should be a better match for me than the flow neck #9. But I'm wondering if the high MOI design makes a certain toe hang angle feel different in the putting stroke, than a more blade like putter like the Anser? 

I just started a thread about that:

T-Y for your reply.

The spider Putter and the toe hang angle parameter concept is interesting, but I will hold off on that reply...

If I misspelled Anser it was the text-to-speech autocorrect.

The beryllium copper and a bronze answer both from the early 80s are my current gamers on and off with the spider tour black pictured above which will probably never leave my bag permanently!

The Anser putter actually has a great story. It was sketched out by Karsten Solheim, one of the brightest engineers employed by General Electric at the time, on the back of an old record sleeve as an idea for what he considered the most Innovative and best putter in the game.

At the time he had no experience in the golf industry, just a lousy putter looking to improve. He was also unhappy with the old fashioned putter designs at the time.

It is called the Anser because he was always looking for "an answer" to build the best Putter in existence. Little did he know he would build the most popular putter that will ever be made past, present, and future.

What everyone knows and immediately recognizes as "a blade putter."

It was so different from any other putter back in the 60's, at the time it probably looked pretty crazy to golfers of that era EXACTLY like many of us thought the SPIDER originally looked several years ago!

Once he built the first Anser, Karsten still did not have a name for it so he asked his wife before going to bed knowing the next morning he would have to submit the patent.

His wife chose the name answer WITH the W because the design was his answer for the best putter ever made. 

There is no W now, because the whole word Answer would not fit on the toe of the putter where he planned to engrave it .

So his wife told him to drop the W and call it the Anser!

It fit perfectly and the rest is history as many still consider it the best putter ever in golf till this day. including those who have modeled so many exactly after the answer like Tiger Wood's 1999 Scotty Cameron putter which is priceless and would go for an estimated easy 40 to 50 million or more

Edited by WJack13
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 3:29 AM, KParks said:

You can even buy them online... if you are in Canada.

Golftown shows them as in stock, $380 CAD (so about $275 USD)... however, unlike many Canadian retailers, Golftown refuses to ship to the United States. 😪

Many US companies are like that too or have astronomical shipping rates into Canada. 

• Thanks 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

My all time favorite set up with a finish that actually holds up.  I'd kill to get my hands on one of these! 

Titleist TSR3 (8*) w/ AD-DI 6x

Titleist TSi3 (15*) w/ AD-DI 8x

Titleist TSR3 (19*) w/ AD-DI Hybird 85x 

Titleist TS3 (21*) w/ AD-DI Hybrid 85x

T100S 5-PW w/ PX LZ 6.0 Blackout

Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks 50F-54D-60T w/ TT DG S400

Toulon First Run San Diego w/ KBS TourGPS

25 minutes ago, BirdieBirdieX said:

My all time favorite set up with a finish that actually holds up.  I'd kill to get my hands on one of these! 

I Will Help GIF by Snowfall

If you want I've already bought and shipped one to the US before for another member. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

I really can't wrap my head around this "realease"?

Did TaylorMade produce a number of these for a limited edition (but Rory never won that major ...) or for tour players?

Why a release in Canada? TM hoping that nobody would notice, but TM still being too cheap to scrap the putters?

I mean if TM decides to open the floodgates, if Rory wins a major, they can really do it.

The flow neck hydroblast one is selling NEW for 199 USD here (EU) now - fall sales.

TM really knows how to flood the market with products, not the best used prices...

Edited by ShortGameGod

24 minutes ago, ShortGameGod said:

I really can't wrap my head around this "realease"?

Did TaylorMade produce a number of these for a limited edition (but Rory never won that major ...) or for tour players?

Why a release in Canada? TM hoping that nobody would notice, but TM still being too cheap to scrap the putters?

My guess maybe supply chain issues and better to release in small markets than no markets at all. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

11 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

My guess maybe supply chain issues and better to release in small markets than no markets at all. 

Might be so!

But the question is if more is coming? Seems as if all merchants (worldwide) are running clear out sales for the the two other neck models.