2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

PureDivots WITB with lots of pictures

3 hours ago, JDTex said:

Nice bag! You have kept that Newport in fantastic shape. 

Thanks! I absolutely baby my putters if one was to get a dent on the topline I might die. I'll bring it still in the headcover greenside with my wedge when I have a chip shot that way its not sitting exposed on the ground. 

Edited by PureDivots

3 hours ago, akap4surf said:

Awesome setup!! What kind of headcovers are those? They look great!

Thanks! They are HeadGear golf, If i remember right I bought them from a member here. My main playing partner has  ones from Stitch and I prefer the quality of the HeadGear.

Edit: found the link to them 

https://headgeargolf.com/product/top-grain-leather-classic-style-blackwhite-headcover-set-with-checkered-flag-fleece/?v=ae551853b692

Edited by PureDivots
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, WiscoLefty said:

Great bag and nice little putter stash. 

Thanks! I’ve had a bunch of putters over the years and this is all that remains. The ones that carry an emotional connection plus the gamer. I won’t be surprised if a new one enters the fold at some point because I get the itch though. 

1 hour ago, PureDivots said:

Thanks! I’ve had a bunch of putters over the years and this is all that remains. The ones that carry an emotional connection plus the gamer. I won’t be surprised if a new one enters the fold at some point because I get the itch though. 

I’m doing the same thing trying to unload some putters but always have my eye open for the next shiny new flat stick. 

On 8/18/2022 at 4:44 PM, gentles said:

Sweet bag. I just picked up a lajosi in a very similar shape with a copper plated finish and a sight dot. 

Long neck? If so I've seen the pics and its a beauty. Kari makes some of the best putters around. Extremely underrated.

• Like 1

Love the bag and couldn't agree more about the Hoofer - if you find a 14 way bag with those specs - be sure to post it!

Dr: Titleist TSR2 10º w/ Tensei 1K Black 65S and Golf Pride MCC+4 Midsize Grey Grip

5W: Taylormade Stealth 2 w/ Oban Devotion HB 65.05 and Golf Pride MCC+4 Midsize Grey Grip

4H: Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Tensei 1K Black 85S and Golf Pride MCC+4 Midsize Align Grey Grip

5-UW: PING G425 Blue Dot w/ Project X 6.0 LZ (+1") and Golf Pride CPX Midsize Grips

54º: Vokey SM9 54º12D w/ Dynamic Gold (+0.5") and Golf Pride MCC+4 Midsize Grey Grip

58º: Vokey SM9 58º08M w/ Dynamic Gold (+0.5") and Golf Pride MCC+4 Midsize Grey Grip

P: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven (35")

B: Bridgestone Tour B X

• 2 weeks later...

Rogue ST Max LS 10.5 has arrived to try out this weekend. I'm hoping it ends up being a lower spin head than the TS3 and then higher loft allows me to launch it higher. Sticking with my favorite shaft for the time being. Had to add some lead tape to bring the head weight up. Also went for a grip change on the putter, Cord DFX feels really nice. 

IMG_0901.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0905.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I think the Max LS is staying. I ended up turning it down a degree in loft and it hits the flight window I really like for the moment. Ball speed feels up compared to the TS3 and with all the talk about consistent spin across the face as the industry hot topic this year I think its true. Ive had several bad swings out of the heel and the ball just doesnt go as far right as I think it would, it goes right then just holds on. I might mess around with a different shaft maybe a Ventus TR Red or Blue. In the past I've found Ventus shafts just launch higher than you would think without tons of spin. Also I switched back to the ping midsize cord grip on the putter, it just seems to work the best. 

Amazing bag. Super funny with the driver... I absolutely LOVE my TS3 as well, can't find anything to beat it out. In classic tinker fashion just picked up a Rogue ST LS to try and beat it out. I hope I get the same success as you! 

• Like 1

Ping G430 10.5

Callaway Paradym TD 17

Cobra OS 19/22

PXG 0317 5-PW

PXG Sugar Daddy 50

Ping Glide 4.0 54/58

LAB Mezz

7 minutes ago, Aprovenz said:

Amazing bag. Super funny with the driver... I absolutely LOVE my TS3 as well, can't find anything to beat it out. In classic tinker fashion just picked up a Rogue ST LS to try and beat it out. I hope I get the same success as you! 

So far its just been a hair better, I would have no problem putting the TS3 back in. Only other thing I will consider is the TSR. 

34 minutes ago, PureDivots said:

So far its just been a hair better, I would have no problem putting the TS3 back in. Only other thing I will consider is the TSR. 

My TS3 is the only club I won't get rid of. Even if I replace it in the bag. I'm just way too comfy with it. Not sure why I'm searching for better, but here we are!

Ping G430 10.5

Callaway Paradym TD 17

Cobra OS 19/22

PXG 0317 5-PW

PXG Sugar Daddy 50

Ping Glide 4.0 54/58

LAB Mezz

Great set up.  Love the irons and thanks for comparing with the Srixon z545s.  I am looking to put Srixons in the bag next.  Thanks.

Driver: TM M-3 Tensei CK Blue 65 S

3-wood: Tour Edge CB2 15deg

Hybrids: Tour Edge 3-hybrid (18deg), TM Rbz 4-hybrid (22deg)

Irons: Titleist forged 804 with NSPro steel shafts

Wedges: 50deg Sub 70 forged, 54deg Cleveland RTX6, 58deg Cleveland 9deg bounce

Putter: Odyssey #4 with SS grip

Ball: Srixon Q-Star Tour 

Minor update the Rogue Max LS is probably headed to the chopping block. While the flight and everything seemed solid I could not for the life of me stop it from going right. I think I’ll just hold out for now with the TS3 until I can get my hands on a TSR 

• 2 months later...
On 8/11/2022 at 10:00 PM, PureDivots said:

Thanks! They are HeadGear golf, If i remember right I bought them from a member here. My main playing partner has  ones from Stitch and I prefer the quality of the HeadGear.

Edit: found the link to them 

https://headgeargolf.com/product/top-grain-leather-classic-style-blackwhite-headcover-set-with-checkered-flag-fleece/?v=ae551853b692

Terrific sticks. Also love those headcovers. I've bought a few Stitches over the years, and their leather keeps getting thinner and thinner. HeadGear uses a thicker leather and thicker lining. Also like the leathers that Cru uses; as good as Dormie but half the cost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Katke87 said:

Terrific sticks. Also love those headcovers. I've bought a few Stitches over the years, and their leather keeps getting thinner and thinner. HeadGear uses a thicker leather and thicker lining. Also like the leathers that Cru uses; as good as Dormie but half the cost.

The quality is alot better than Stitch. I was shocked at how thin the Stitch ones are.

• 4 weeks later...

The Odyssey Double Wide with the cord grip is a great setup.  I'm a fan.  That Rogue head seemed super forgiving - I hit my buddy's recently and it went crazy long even thought it was a little toey.  I still prefer my old 913, so I'm with you on the gamer change.  The TSR looks amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jfrank said:

The Odyssey Double Wide with the cord grip is a great setup.  I'm a fan.  That Rogue head seemed super forgiving - I hit my buddy's recently and it went crazy long even thought it was a little toey.  I still prefer my old 913, so I'm with you on the gamer change.  The TSR looks amazing.

The Tri-Hot 5k just keeps performing and I don't see a reason to take it out of the bag.

Rouge was a good driver, but just didn't do enough for me to drop the TS3 and then not go to TSR at some point. 

I am the in same boat on the carbonwoods. Been playing the M4 for a while now and have tried SIM and Stealth, both feel so dead off the face. Not sure what to upgrade to next, TSR is at the top of my list to try 

Driver: Titleist TSI3 + Kai’Li White 60G X (Z-Grip Cord Midsize)

3 Wood: Taylormade RBZ2+ HZRDUS Blue 70G 6.5 (Tour Velvet Cord)

3 Iron: Taylormade UDI + Mitsubishi Chemical Kai'li White 90X (MCC New Decade White/Black)

4-PW: Titleist T100S (2021) + True Temper AMT White S300 (Tour Velvet Cord)

GW: Vokey SM9 48*F + True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (Tour Velvet Cord)

SW: Vokey SM9 54*S + True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (Tour Velvet Cord)

LWVokey SM9 58*T + True Temper Dynamic Gold TI S400 (Tour Velvet Cord)

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2 (Pistolini)

1 hour ago, bertsbogeys said:

I am the in same boat on the carbonwoods. Been playing the M4 for a while now and have tried SIM and Stealth, both feel so dead off the face. Not sure what to upgrade to next, TSR is at the top of my list to try 

Only big brand options for an all metal driver are Titleist and Ping G430 Max. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Went and did a driver fitting for the first time in several years and learned alot about my driver swing. Basically I am doing everything possible to put spin on the ball, open face, negative club path and hitting slightly down on it. I expect these to get more back to neutral as the season picks up and my swing gets better. I always start the year with a worse swing then find a groove. 

I tested four drivers and here are the takeaways:

TSR3 9* Hzrdus Black 6.0 - Felt and looked great but spun too much 

Mizuno STZ- 230 9.5*  Hzrdus Black 6.0 - Felt alittle dead and had a super open face which I didnt like looking at. Short lived and the numbers I can't even remember 

Srixon ZX5 MKII LS  9.5* (might have been turned down) Hzrdus Blue 6.0 - Low spin monster and the lowest I tested. Overall though I didnt love the looks and sound. Ball speed was solid. 

Ping G430 9* set to 8* Tour Black 2.0 65S, Hzrdus Black 6.0 and Rogue White 70S -  Even with the heavier head that took about a mph off my club head speed it was the best in ball speed by 2-3 mph. This thing was crazy fast out of the bottom of the face which is my normal miss. Spin was being managed and it felt and sounded awesome. 

So at the end of the day I have a G430 LST wiht the Tour Black 2.0 on order and couldn't be more excited. I saw an increase of about 15 yards in carry and I expect that to only go up as my swing gets better. 

• Like 1