Scary day at the golf course...

Wow thats pretty intense I think I would have to be in that situation to know for shure how I would react. I had a guy once hit by it by me and on the next hole he hit my wifes cart. I was pissed and got my driver and drove his ball in the water. All the while to the no donts of my wife. I was still mad after the game I see Mr impatient coming up I walked over to him asked him what the hell he was doing. He apolagised said he didnt realise he could hit it that far. I said I give you the first one but the second I think your hitting it at me its coming back. I said im waiting for the people in front of me your not going anywhere so relax. He agreed and we left it at that.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the scariest day I had at the golf course was when I reversed my golf cart into a huge ravine off the cart path. I wish I had a youtube of me diving out of the cart while it rolled off the steep edge.

knives and death threats on the golf course? what next....getting jumped over a game of bingo at the senior citizens center? what is wrong with people?

Ejmac, why waste a good driver?

That could be a $400 "accident".

A wedge would work nicer, and is certainly more precise, and much cheaper.

Sand wedge + patellar tendon = lifelong attitude adjustment.

If you miss, just make sure to miss to the inside.

Of course, the proper thing to do would be to call the police and have the perpetrators arrested for assault, menacing, etc. But if the police can't respond quickly and you feel your life is in danger, you must do what's necessary. I'm not advocating violence, but one must defend one's self.

Hitting their balls into a water hazard sends a message from a safe distance.

I had a similar experiance, except it was on the driving range at my home course. I was hitting balls on the range no one else there, & 3 high school kids came by & started mouthing off, I proceded to tell them to grow up & have some respect. They stopped turned around & started walking towards me mouthing non stop, I stopped hitting balls & approached them. One of the guy's say's you boy's up for a little 3 on 1? We were about 10 feet apart in a stand off, I told them they needed to have some respect for other people, still mouthing off. Then the guy on the left pulls a knife out, the hair on my neck stood straight up, I said wtf, 3 on one isn't good enough? The kid say's I don't F around. I told them they had a choice to make, 1) turn around & walk away. or 2) I'm gonna take your lower jaw off (had a 5iron in hand) & your first pointing to the kid with the knife. They walked away, man that freaked me out!

Funny thing is I live in a small country town that is really safe no violence hardly at all.

this was at a golf course???

It was their day off from working at the local crystal meth lab.

I guess this is kind of opposite, but:

I accidently hit into a guy and his kid once. I cut the dogleg off and I thought they were a safe distance away so I hit away. I one-hopped it right by the guy. I yelled fore and all that. In this case I really didn't think I was going to hit it that far. So I litterally speed walked (didn't really want to run) up to the guy to apologize. He got in my face in front of his kid and kept saying, "Why would you hit into us? Why would you hit into us?" and my reply, all 17 times, was "I am really sorry, I didn't think I was going to get it out that far." I felt bad enough b/c I could have hurt the kid (about 12 or 13) and I understand the dad getting mad for that reason, but not THAT mad. I mean, he had his fists clenched and got in my face (nice lesson for the kid). So after the 314th apology he finally walked away. So I procede to turn back to the tee box and laser my drive - 345. HOLY CRAP! That was my longest drive to date.

When someone hits up on you a number of times, you hit the ball back at them.

Simple.

You had a 3 on 1 in your favor, and you all had clubs in your hands. Use it to your advantage.

that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. why would you even think about doing something dangerous, foolish, and childish?

I wouldn't hit anyone with a club, take it easy. Part of my post was most certainly tongue in cheek.

However, I would most certainly hit a ball back at the foresome that hit up on me, if they continued to do this.

I had a similar situation playing with a buddy of mine. We are by no means slow golfers but these 4 teenagers behind us must have been late getting back to work release or something. They were really loud on the course all day and finally as my buddy's hitting his third into a par 5 one of the kids decides to yell from the teebox just as he's swinging. We turned around and expressed our displeasure with a few choice words. The next hole is a par 3 and the kids had a little trouble on the 5 and we had finished the 3 and were on the next teebox when four balls come flying up around us. Now this tee is approx. 75 yards from the green they should have been aiming at. We didn't say a word, we just waited for them to come get their balls so we could have a chat. They jumped in their carts and started down only to have the same four balls they just blasted at us come screaming back at them. They slammed on the brakes and dove for cover. After that, we didn't have anymore problems but we did inform the pro who was waiting for them on the 18 tee.

And why would you not immediately call the cops?

I had a similar experiance, except it was on the driving range at my home course. I was hitting balls on the range no one else there, & 3 high school kids came by & started mouthing off, I proceded to tell them to grow up & have some respect. They stopped turned around & started walking towards me mouthing non stop, I stopped hitting balls & approached them. One of the guy's say's you boy's up for a little 3 on 1? We were about 10 feet apart in a stand off, I told them they needed to have some respect for other people, still mouthing off. Then the guy on the left pulls a knife out, the hair on my neck stood straight up, I said wtf, 3 on one isn't good enough? The kid say's I don't F around. I told them they had a choice to make, 1) turn around & walk away. or 2) I'm gonna take your lower jaw off (had a 5iron in hand) & your first pointing to the kid with the knife. They walked away, man that freaked me out!

Funny thing is I live in a small country town that is really safe no violence hardly at all.

When exactly was he to do that? "Excuse me one second while I dial 911".

When exactly was he to do that? "Excuse me one second while I dial 911".

Exactly, & my phone was in my golf bag to boot. Sometimes in life you have to make a stand... this was one of those times.

The kids now a day's have no respect for anything, they are constantly getting away with anything & only get a slap on the wrist from parents & the law, the next punk kid that approaches me will learn something that day.

Thought we were going to get jumped today.

My friend and I (both ~18 hdcps) playing a round as a twosome. There is a foursome playing very slow in front of us, but every time we get to a par 3 we have butchered our short games on the previous green. Finally we pull up to the last par 3, 15 tee as they are walking off of the tee and I ask. "do you mind if we play through".

The older guy replies "Are you guys fast", to which I say "Well we have been waiting for you on every hole". The older guy says "well you can keep on waiting, I'll take ten shots on every hole."

Then the scary part, the 20 something, 6'5" ish and built dude starts coming at us saying something about a cocky attitude. Luckily one of the remain guys calms him down and the drive away. The older guy as he gets in his cart says, "well there are only two of you", and pulls away. I yell "I know".

Oh well, so we sat there as a walking foursome behind us gets to the tee. My friend tees off, and goes and tells the story. I rip my 3 hybrid onto the green (200 yards, yes thats all the farther i hit it). Half that foursome splits as they have somewhere to be, and the other 2 joined us the rest of the way. Oh and i sink the 20 footer for birdie.

I mean its obvious that a twosome should be able to play through a foursome. Oh and I know a few on the forum have played the course. Jeffersonville, in East Norritown PA.

i woulda had a friend of mine go there the next day and take some seriously fat mats outta the greens near the end of his round

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* & 58*

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

Had one while I was in college:

I was playing with a couple of friends that were the size of linebackers (and with attitude to boot), and these drunk rednecks (sorry, but it's the truth) were playing polo golf and tearing up the course. Then one of them smacks a ball into or tee box almost taking one of my friends out. So, he tees it up and smacks it right back at them with a precision of a skilled surgeon... hit's their cart... hard! Of course they come trucking up (four of them) with clubs in their hands yelling profanities like how our butts are going to be smeared all over the tee box, etc. Now I'm dropping bricks in my shorts while I grab my putter....

The drunk guys come onto the tee box and realize they have 3 large tanks (and one little asian guy holding a putter) in front of them and cut there losses and run off.

I can laugh now, but shesh!

A couple years ago our local club got a complete makeover going from a 10-15$ for 9 holes to $40, lengthening, actually won best 9 hole course in Iowa. I was out on the course for the 2nd or 3rd time and was on a long 477 yard par 4. The hole sits up hill from the middle of fairway with a huge landing area short left of the green and a side hill for the cart path.

I hit a solid drive at the time (240-250).

Not knowing I could reach it with a solid 3 wood I went for it as the twosome in front of me is walking off the green. I hit a high fade that cuts into the side hill above the green 10 yards from their cart. I yelled four, but they didn't hear me.

Immediately as my partner is addressing the ball, the ball came flying back but landed about 20-30 yards over my head.

I was pissed they hit back at me and of course was talkin smack to my buddy about how I'd hit into them again. Of course I chickened out over the rest of the round and I'm glad I did.

I found out later that I had hit into two University of Iowa Hawkeye Lineman!

Clubhouse manager saw this partake, walked out to the tee box of the next hole and laughingly recommended I double check my yardage for the par 3 that followed because he "didn't think the football team could deal with anymore player suspensions from drunken assault charges".