2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Highway 18 -- WTF??!!!

alkibiades

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll admit, i watched it and found it kind of entertaining. While the show may be completely pointless, i'm just waiting for one of those people to completely beef it when they are running full speed across the parking lot in golf spikes carrying their bags. It's going to happen, i can feel it. Either way, the girls aren't bad lookin either, so thats enough reason to watch.

It was most entertaining IMO. Having all kinds of teaching and tips shows is cool but watching that too much screws up your game. This show breaks the monotony more than any other show on the GC. Any show except of course Tony Horton's P90X informercial.

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 9* Project X Denali Black 60
Titleist TSi2 18* 5W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4

Titleist TSi2 21* 7W Accra FX 3.0 200F M4
Titleist TSi2 26* 6H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

Titleist TSi2 29* 7H Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 80

PING i210 7-UW PING zz-65

PING s159 S 54* PING zz-115

PING s159 E 58* PING zz-115
L.A.B. Golf DF3

i'll admit, i watched it and found it kind of entertaining. While the show may be completely pointless, i'm just waiting for one of those people to completely beef it when they are running full speed across the parking lot in golf spikes carrying their bags. It's going to happen, i can feel it. Either way, the girls aren't bad lookin either, so thats enough reason to watch.

This post really does just about sum it up. Shows like this appeal to the lowest common denominator. Yep, that is what I said, and yes, sadly I mean it.

Let's see..."the show is completely pointless, but I'm hoping someone wipes out....real bad :clapping: and there are good looking girls :D so that is enough for me". Did I get that right?

Hey, pretty soon the GC will have cage fighting and girls gone wild. Pretty pathetic, but unfortunately this is the reality, and the "tastes" of the seemingly vast majority of people in the world we live in. Ouch. :swoon2: Count me out on all of the above "attractions".

Tim

I agree too. Seems like they are focusing less on pure golf. Very similar to MTV. Very very similar.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't support shows like these, it seems to be more about the money involved than actually playing golf. I feel the concept itself is not right. I must admit the only part I enjoyed on the first episode were the parts with Arnold Palmer asking those questions. The answers were quite interesting. I want to go to the World Golf Hall of Fame!

It wasn't the worst show I ever saw...a bit quirky at times...however, it had nothing to do with sex...(unfortunately) in fact, to the contrary, it was more comical and there was a huge bonus with the surprise cameo by the king. That made it tolerable. Hopefully, there will be a surprise every week like Fred Couples as a surprise taxi driver or something.

D - Ping G400 10.5* - Diamana Blueboard
3 - Callaway X2 Hot 15* - Diamana Blueboard
5 - Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 19* - Diamana Blueboard
3i - Ping G410 Crossover 20* Evenflow
4-PW - Mizuno MP60 - DG S300
53* & 60* - Mizuno MP-T - DG S300
P - Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossi

Agreed - Hwy 18 is useless garbage. Yes, playing lessons from the pros, academy live ( oh, where did you go ? ).

Also, no more big break - maybe, it's gone - I just had to say that.

Being a Myrtle Beach fan, I am ok with Charlie Rymer, the sometimes hot ( is she ugly or hot - not sure? ) blonde and the two singers. I liked to check out the courses.

I watched it. It's OK. I don't despise it or anything. Better than Bobby Jones infomercials.

"Reality shows" are just the trend the last few years. Most all networks are going to try and cash in with that trend, especially if it results in high ratings. Meh, it's on Tuesday night, not much last round tournament golf going on Tuesday evening.

Funny though, TGC is being compared to MTV. MTV is a shame now. Used to be the deal back in the day.

It should not be that tought to figure out :diablo: what shows the core audience wants to see when they tune into the GOLF chennel. Good grief!

Indeed sir!

Since I started all this, let me say I've quite enjoyed reading this thread. And since some of you watched and liked Highway 18, I've resolved to watch an episode. Then I will comeback and complain about how bad it was!! :clapping:

man. its terrible TV. pretty clearly GC is desperate to fill ite programming hours with cheap to make reality shows that create potential advertising value. Not working. Host long drive competitions, have a putting contest. I'll watch.

You do realize that TV is not on the air just so they can entertain you right? Someone didn't just wake up one day and say: "People might like to watch actors, let's do this for them." It's all about advertising. Why do you thinks he mentions the Titleist brand 300 times during the show?

Wake up and smell the advertising coffee. You've watched ONE hour of the show and you've damned it to hell. In the last episode they had a pseudo putting contest and had to play a hole out to get par. Who knows, in the next episode they might have a long drive contest, maybe even a putting contest.

I think a lot of people on this board tend to complain because it's the cool thing to do. It's okay to go against the grain. Except on bermuda.

Show the Japanese tour. Show the Canadian tour. Show the world junior championships. Show the Liechtenstein girls junior publinks. Show the Mongolian super-senior hermaphrodite matchplay. SHOW SOME #$$@$%&*&-ING GOLF INSTEAD OF THIS POINTLESS BULLSH!T!!!!!!

How about showing the Korean women's tour so that we can have an idea what's going on with LPGA tour and why there are so many Korean players there?

Show the Japanese tour. Show the Canadian tour. Show the world junior championships. Show the Liechtenstein girls junior publinks. Show the Mongolian super-senior hermaphrodite matchplay. SHOW SOME #$$@$%&*&-ING GOLF INSTEAD OF THIS POINTLESS BULLSH!T!!!!!!

How about showing the Korean women's tour so that we can have an idea what's going on with LPGA tour and why there are so many Korean players there?

Why would we watch the Korean tour? There is no point for them to have a tour. If there was, it would be a junior tour. All of the Korean players that come over here to play are 17/18/19 anyways. I however think the level of golf in the ladies game has risen considerably in the last year.

I have to disagree on this one. I watched the premiere and it was ok. It was pretty pointless, however. But I think the Golf Channel needs shows like Highway 18 and Big Break.

WITB

TaylorMade Tour Burner 9.5* TM Burner Rescue 4 22*

Nike SQ Sumo2 3 15* TM r7 (4-PW)

Nike SQ 5 19* Callaway X Forged 52*

TM Monza Spider 35" TM TP Red Ball

2016 M2 HZRDUS Yellow Handcrafted 65 6.0 9.5*
Epic Fujikura Pro 15*
P790 UDI 2i KBS Tour $-Taper 17*
Apex Pro 16 4-7, Apex MB 8-PW KBS Tour C-Taper
SM6 52/56 SM6 Raw 60
Versa #1 WBW 34"
ProV1x

I just looked at 35 shows on the Golf Channel (from 6:00am until 6:00am tomorrow)

25 of the 35 shows are either RE-RUNS or INFOMERCIALS!!!

ANYBODY ELSE SEE A PROBLEM HERE????

Golf Channel Lineup

That is nothing strange. Look at HGTV, Food Network, or any other smaller cable channel. It is always repeats except for a few shows. Production costs have risen. Now that their ratings are up this year overall with HD coverage of most PGA events, you will see more shows.

yeah, i understand that. so my point about HWY 18 is that it's a GOOD THING. Seeing the same $#!T over and over again is AWFUL!

i would much rather have the option to watch a NEW HWY 18 over an OLD Infomercial.

It was most entertaining IMO. Having all kinds of teaching and tips shows is cool but watching that too much screws up your game. This show breaks the monotony more than any other show on the GC. Any show except of course Tony Horton's P90X informercial.

As a side bar, I have p90x and its a flipping awesome tool. I'm sore and drenched in sweat after every exercise. And in case some are doubters, I am i the Army Natinoal Guard and am in OCS, so I'm not some couch potato who hasnt done PT in 10 years.

i know all you guys are busy watching right now, but its a commercial so i thought i'd ask this question. Why would you choose a par 5 on the challenge? i don't care how close it is to the clubhouse, the amount of time it takes to hit two shots is the same as driving from the hole to the clubhouse and if you miss you have to do it all over again. anyway...back to watching

PLUS

Highway 18 is brain-numbing drivel. Period! What a waste of air time. If you like it, fine. God bless you. I can turn it off. But do not try to defend it!

EQUALS

Korean women's tour and the LPGA tour are brain-numbing drivel. Period! What a waste of air time. If you like it, fine. God bless you. I can turn it off. But do not try to defend it!

(Yes I understand that my game is closer to the LPGA than the PGA, and I can learn more from them....but I cannot bring myself to watch the LPGA. I would rather watch a Hwy 18 Marathon than the LPGA; it just is not good tv to me)

I watched Highway 18 episodes on my DVR last night and have to say the running of the contestants is amusing waiting for someone to bite it with there golf club bag in tow would be funny. I enjoy the eye candy of the Ashley's the host Keri and the paula creamer wannabe charlotte. Watching the Ashley's run is inspiring. :rolleyes:

I do miss the old days of academy live and the other one for lessons. I miss the old golf shows also. But i like some of the new programs i just wish they didnt get rid of all the cool older shows. I liked when they showed real golf also, all the different tours like the Austrialasian tour. But hey they change and so do we!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

262723.jpg

all the reason to watch highway 18

You're kidding right?? The gal in that photo is nice-looking but nothing special pal, you need to get out more.

And your comment that "watching the Ashleys run is inspiring" :) Wow, sounds like you need a girlfriend.

I guess this answers my question as to who actually would watch this crap.....well, looks like we have a winner. :russian_roulette:

Tim