2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Adams Idea Pro Gold

• Forged cavity-back irons with a premium look and feel for the better player

• Tour-inspired design—thin top line and sole.

• An 8620 carbon steel head and milled face grooves with 14% more volume deliver better control, accuracy and feel.

• Constant offset for better control and workability.

• Mirror chrome plating—a perfect choice for golfers looking for a traditional look.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely love these irons! I hit them at a demo day and the feel is unbelieveable. You can tell EXACTLY where the ball hit on the face at. Mis-hits only punished your hands (it was cold out at the demo day!) the distance loss with a miss was very minimal. Very easy to work left or right and with the trajectory.

The hybrids had the Matrix Ozik shaft in them and they were more of the same. Easy to hit, easy to work, and a great trajectory.

All around I would say these are in league with if not the best feeling irons I have ever hit. Looking to upgrade/update my irons, and these are at the top of the list.

I also hit the MP 52's, the AP2's, and the S57's. They were definately great irons as well, but if I could buy a new set today, these would be in the bag ASAP!

• 1 month later...

As you can see from my bag, I'm a huge fan! i was in the store comparing these to the MP57's and must say the feel was almost exactly the same. They both hit smooth like butter.

The ball just explodes off the face. Every hit was easy and effortless. The set almost had me wishing they had a 4 iron instead of a hybrid. The hybrid's kind of had me worried whether this could be used as a players set. I was way off base. After playing with the hybrid's I had an epiphany. I'm hitting the ball more consistent, further, and higher. I have never been able to hit a 3 or 4 iron as high as I hit these hybrid's. The ball is still workable and I can still make controlled shots. The Mitsubishi JAVLNFX shafts almost seem like they were designed specifically for these clubs.

As mentioned before, the off center hits are very forgiving for a players set. You know when it's a mishit, but you don't lose as much yardage compared to other irons. There is no shock, but when you hit that perfect shot there is a great reward. You feel the smooth, luscious motion with the ball exploding off the face of the club at the perfect trajectory following the exact line you wanted.

I suggest everyone take a look at these clubs.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10* Ventus Blue TR

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* Tensei Blue

Callaway Rogue ST LS 18* Tensei Blue

Ping G425 22* Tensei CK Pro Orange

Titleist T100 5-PW ProjectX LZ

Titleist SM6 50S

Callaway JAWS MD5 56W

Callaway JAWS MD5 60X

I really liked these, but I couldn't get over the amount of offset in the PW. Constant offset throughout the set, so they looked very different to my eye than what I'm used to. I liked every other club though, especially the sole grind on the 7 iron on up.

Callaway Razr Hawk Tour Xcon-6 X
Taylormade r7 TP 15* HD7 X
Taylormade Rescue TP 19* Altus X
Cleveland CG16 Tour T-Stamp 3-PW S300
Cleveland CG16 RTG 52* & 58* S400
Yes! Ann 34"

These are pretty nice clubs, but they're def. bent a little strong...my friend hits his pw 160 and 8i 180.

How do you figure? Unless your friend has a custom set. The loft and lie are almost identical to the MP57.

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 10* Ventus Blue TR

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* Tensei Blue

Callaway Rogue ST LS 18* Tensei Blue

Ping G425 22* Tensei CK Pro Orange

Titleist T100 5-PW ProjectX LZ

Titleist SM6 50S

Callaway JAWS MD5 56W

Callaway JAWS MD5 60X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Snuck in my first round with them last weekend (despite temps in the high 30s), and I'm very encouraged about how they're going to perform. I'm coming from 755's with X100's, and the return to a thinner topline is a real treat to look at. The PX's felt great, and I didn't notice any higher launch or flight, in fact, they real very easy to knock-down and keep under the frigid winds we encountered. The hybrids are awesome, the Matrix shafts are worth the upgrade. Liong story short, they're making me long for warmer weather!

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Lin-Q Gunmetal 6

Callaway Paradym HL (set to 15.5*) Speeder Evolution V 661

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

I now have 3 rounds in with mine and I have to give them a 5. As a result all of the backups have been sold as I type this. My handicap dictates that I play GI sticks, but I simply can't hit them. These irons are the perfect fit for what I've been looking for. The project X flighted 6.0 shafts feel smooth and you truly can tell by the sound at impact exactly where it was struck on the face. Adams has outdone themselves again with another fine set of irons. I now need to add at least a 4 iron to the set which may be the A4 forged for a little more forgiveness.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

• 2 months later...

I compared them head-to-head with my AP2's and all I can say is I'm switching. They look more compact at address with a thinner top line. And the ball just screams off the face. I was a little concerned about playing a PX 6.0 but the flighted shafts make this a perfect fit if you need a stiff shaft. Even with the stout shaft, they are the softest feeling clubs I've ever hit. The lofts are a little strong as I hit the 7-iron 10-15 yards longer than my AP2, but higher, go figure?!?

As for the hybrids, I already play their predecessor, the Adams Pro with the VS Proto 80H shaft so I'm biased, but these are an improvement, which I didn't think was possible. The Javln shaft feels like it was made for these. I had no plans of replacing my hybrids but these will be in the bag.

All in all I had no intentions of replacing my AP2's but performance matters and these are the best.

• 1 month later...
I compared them head-to-head with my AP2's and all I can say is I'm switching. They look more compact at address with a thinner top line. And the ball just screams off the face. I was a little concerned about playing a PX 6.0 but the flighted shafts make this a perfect fit if you need a stiff shaft. Even with the stout shaft, they are the softest feeling clubs I've ever hit. The lofts are a little strong as I hit the 7-iron 10-15 yards longer than my AP2, but higher, go figure?!?

As for the hybrids, I already play their predecessor, the Adams Pro with the VS Proto 80H shaft so I'm biased, but these are an improvement, which I didn't think was possible. The Javln shaft feels like it was made for these. I had no plans of replacing my hybrids but these will be in the bag.

All in all I had no intentions of replacing my AP2's but performance matters and these are the best.

I have the AP2s as well but saw these at the local golf shop for $499 new. Am seriously contemplating purchasing these and maybe putting the AP2s in the garage. Are they easier to work than the AP2s? As forgiving?

Thanks.

I have the AP2s as well but saw these at the local golf shop for $499 new. Am seriously contemplating purchasing these and maybe putting the AP2s in the garage. Are they easier to work than the AP2s? As forgiving?

Thanks.

I feel that they are substantially more workable than the AP2 but at least as forgiving, if not more so. They just feel solid.

At $499 new, I would say that's the best deal in the iron market. You should get them yesterday.

The one thing I should note though is that since writing the above post and having had a chance to compare the Pro Gold hybrids head-to-head with the Idea Pros that I had been playing, I decided to stick with the Idea Pros.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...