2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Camilo Villegas

rednumbers69

any one feel the same as i do?
camilo dominated the collage circut. he has the experiance of winning constently and i belive when you lean to win it is your greatest weapon. i got to watch him at the fbr on friday we (my cusin and i) were 2 of the 4 ppl folowing his group. my observations were that he is completely focased over every shot interacts with fans saying hello and he gave me a glims of his cameron and co gss and his composer when he hits a bad shot, he rebonds and makes a good shot. this kids got a great head on his shoulders to. he (as i belive) was at the top of his class in academics. For a rookie (under the age of 30) he is the most well spoken i have ever seen.

i have high hopes for him....i folowed him when he was playing at florida and on the nationwide tour. he seems to make great strides every month at trying to inprove his game. i seen numourous interview and in each he talkes about improving something.

i dont think hes here for the money i think hes here to be the best and i truly belive he has the best chance

Best Wishes
Andrew

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next Tiger or the next Sergio?? Time will tell. His amateur career certainly doesn't compare to Tigers and I don't remember Tiger spending a day on the hogan, nike, or nationwide tour. To me his interaction with the fans can get to be a distraction from his golf--notice Tiger's interaction from his youngest days--zip--part of his concentration on those 6 footers. Many did it as a stress relief over the years but were really lousy individuals off the course (Trevino among others). The reason I think it is different with Camillo is he appears to be a really nice guy. While acknowledging the fans is great for the fans I'm not sure it plays well with concentrating on golf. Palmer didn't start being a real "crowd pleaser" until he wasn't winning any more. Also over the years the real big fun guys haven't been the real big winners (Jacobson, Zoeller--1 major not much else, Chi Chi)

camilo dominated the collage circut. he has the experiance of winning constently and i belive when you lean to win it is your greatest weapon. i got to watch him at the fbr on friday we (my cusin and i) were 2 of the 4 ppl folowing his group. my observations were that he is completely focased over every shot interacts with fans saying hello and he gave me a glims of his cameron and co gss and his composer when he hits a bad shot, he rebonds and makes a good shot. this kids got a great head on his shoulders to. he (as i belive) was at the top of his class in academics. For a rookie (under the age of 30) he is the most well spoken i have ever seen.

i have high hopes for him....i folowed him when he was playing at florida and on the nationwide tour. he seems to make great strides every month at trying to inprove his game. i seen numourous interview and in each he talkes about improving something.

i dont think hes here for the money i think hes here to be the best and i truly belive he has the best chance

Best Wishes

Andrew

yeah, big fan. i like his flair, his athleticism, his home-made swing, his sense of humility ... even like his attire. seems like a great kid ... glad to see him out there. he'll need to putt a lot better, particularly under the gun. to me, he's the polar opposite of a guy like dimarco, someone i can't stand.

the tour needs more guys like camilo ...

very true..he nearly has it all.....knock a few more 6footers in and hes a serious threat to tiger

I dunno about a serious threat to Tiger. Maybe another challenger, but a serious threat. Tiger's not gonna lose sleep over another one coming. He may challenge tiger, but wont be a serious threat to where Tiger worries when he's right behind him.

all he has to do is get to be a better puter an i see him ranked in the top 20 in the world by next year.

I can see that easily. I think he's got the talent to be in the top 10 in a few years.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Head Golf Professional @ Peninsula Golf Resort, KY[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon & UST Mamiya Staff Member[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon Z565 9.5*, UST Mamiya Elements Prototype 7F5T[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon ZF65 15. UST Mamiya ATTAS T2 8X[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon U45 19*, UST Mamiya iRod 85F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon Z765 3-PW. UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 125 F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey TVD 52/58 M-Grind, UST Mamiya Wedge Proto F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Frequency Filter shaft[/font]

The next Tiger or the next Sergio?? Time will tell. His amateur career certainly doesn't compare to Tigers and I don't remember Tiger spending a day on the hogan, nike, or nationwide tour. To me his interaction with the fans can get to be a distraction from his golf--notice Tiger's interaction from his youngest days--zip--part of his concentration on those 6 footers. Many did it as a stress relief over the years but were really lousy individuals off the course (Trevino among others). The reason I think it is different with Camillo is he appears to be a really nice guy. While acknowledging the fans is great for the fans I'm not sure it plays well with concentrating on golf. Palmer didn't start being a real "crowd pleaser" until he wasn't winning any more. Also over the years the real big fun guys haven't been the real big winners (Jacobson, Zoeller--1 major not much else, Chi Chi)

I actually feel the way he got on tour makes him even more exciting. If I remember correctly, last year he had no status on any tour. He Monday qualified for a Nationwide tour event. He played his way into full status on the NW tour, and proceeded to play his way into full tour privileges. Now he handles the fans and press like a seasoned veteran. I think the kid is hot and will go a long way. I haven't been this excited about watching a rookie since Tiger!

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I actually feel the way he got on tour makes him even more exciting. If I remember correctly, last year he had no status on any tour. He Monday qualified for a Nationwide tour event. He played his way into full status on the NW tour, and proceeded to play his way into full tour privileges. Now he handles the fans and press like a seasoned veteran. I think the kid is hot and will go a long way. I haven't been this excited about watching a rookie since Tiger!

Kevin

Very well could be, but people need to stop with the Tiger comparison. Remember Tiger is now 30 and spent 10 years winning tournaments and majors all over the world. If I recall correctly Camillo is already 24 or 25 with no wins or majors. So the math would say he needs 8 or so wins a year and at least 1 or 2 majors a year to have what Tiger has by age 30. Seriously doubt that will happen with today's competition, also since Tiger hasn't retired he may have a few things to say in the remaining majors. Exciting youngish player with flair---absolutely-----new Tiger probably not. He will probably have more impact on the hispanic community than say Sergio or Loreno however.

Kevin

Very well could be, but people need to stop with the Tiger comparison. Remember Tiger is now 30 and spent 10 years winning tournaments and majors all over the world. If I recall correctly Camillo is already 24 or 25 with no wins or majors. So the math would say he needs 8 or so wins a year and at least 1 or 2 majors a year to have what Tiger has by age 30. Seriously doubt that will happen with today's competition, also since Tiger hasn't retired he may have a few things to say in the remaining majors. Exciting youngish player with flair---absolutely-----new Tiger probably not. He will probably have more impact on the hispanic community than say Sergio or Loreno however.

Where did that come from? I don't think ANYBODY will EVER match the past 10 years of Tiger Woods. I still think it's OK to be excited about a new guy!

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

very true..he nearly has it all.....knock a few more 6footers in and hes a serious threat to tiger

I dunno about a serious threat to Tiger. Maybe another challenger, but a serious threat. Tiger's not gonna lose sleep over another one coming. He may challenge tiger, but wont be a serious threat to where Tiger worries when he's right behind him.

A serious threat to Tiger? What has Villegas done? Seriosuly? There are people on Tour now that have not been able to knock of Tiger and all of a sudden some young guy has a good start to the year and you think he is a threat to Tiger?

Are Lanny Wadkins by chance? Saying J.B. Holmes is a threat to win the Masters? :)

Ah...Golf Hawaii....you are the voice of reason....

I read/hear this every time a new kid bursts on the scene and makes a little noise.

Bubba, JB, Sergio, Adam,.....the list goes on.

I sincerely hope someone steps up and challenges "The Man". I want to see just how good he can become. There is another gear that Tiger can use...I would like to see it.

Kevin

amen to that

now at this point there is no way you can compare him to tiger but over the next couple year we will see, and personaly i think the inderct insults are out of line so if we could keep this a little more friendly it would be great

thx

andrew

I don't see any challengers to Tiger's supremacy. Vijay made a nice run, but it seems like his swing is breaking down on him (his putter failed him long ago). Phil, Ernie, Retief, etc they are all great players, but in the same class as Tiger? I don't think so.

Camilo a challenger- not quite yet. Maybe once he is more established on the TOUR and wins (a lot), then maybe we can add him to the Big Whatever they are counting to of Top Players/Tiger Chasers.

Success in college does not always equate into success on Tour. Camilo has a lot of the qualities that should equate into success, but he has yet to do enough for me to consider him.

The potential is definately there.

Again, just my humble opinions on the matter.

Kevin

amen to that

now at this point there is no way you can compare him to tiger but over the next couple year we will see, and personaly i think the inderct insults are out of line so if we could keep this a little more friendly it would be great

thx

andrew

I don't see any "inderct" insults or for that matter I also don't see any INDIRECT insults either. Just the facts about a young player that has had a good start, is exciting, and should be good for the game but should only be compared to Tiger in ability to draw new fans. Right now he is 1 win behind another guy with a short swing JB something.

I think your comments are spot on about his talent but it it too early to talk about challenging the game's best.

I also believe that you really need a remedial course in spelling. :lol:

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft