TM making a 5 piece ball?

Hafeowns

For next season....word on the street
So a rep for TM told me a few days ago they are going to be coming out with a Five piece ball with "Technology NEVER SEEN". I was kinda....well.... not buying into it.

But today a buddy of mine who works for TM confirmed it was gonna happen. He was kinda wink wink about it.

Has anyone else heard these rumors?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is confirmed. It will also have movable weight technology.....two white screws that when fully tighened are completely flush and unable to be detected. The wrench for the screws matches the LDP dimple pattern of the ball. It will allow you to adust 30 yards right or left and will also offer 8 different trajectories.

This is confirmed. It will also have movable weight technology.....two white screws that when fully tighened are completely flush and unable to be detected. The wrench for the screws matches the LDP dimple pattern of the ball. It will allow you to adust 30 yards right or left and will also offer 8 different trajectories.

:cheesy: Well said.

only 30? I thought this was gonna fix most hackers slices for good, but when I heard 30, geez I've seen hackers hit it more than 30 off line. Tough luck, maybe combined with the r9 they can straighten 'er out.

:cheesy: hahahahahah awesome

WITB:
Callaway Paradym 9* - Diamana Blueboard 60X
Callaway Paradym 3w - PX HZRDUS Red 70X
Callaway Paradym Hybrid 18* - PX HZRDUS Red 80X
Callaway X-Forged 3-5 KBS C-Taper S+
Callaway Apex MB 6-PW - KBS C-Taper S+
Callaway Jaws Raw 54* & 58* - DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey O Works #7s

only 30? I thought this was gonna fix most hackers slices for good, but when I heard 30, geez I've seen hackers hit it more than 30 off line. Tough luck, maybe combined with the r9 they can straighten 'er out.

Don't worry. Knowing taylormade the 60 yard dispersion ball will come out only a short few weeks after this one.

Don't worry. Knowing taylormade the 60 yard dispersion ball will come out only a short few weeks after this one.

hahahaha oh good sh*t

Bravo! Well done!

:good:

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

hah, now you too can completely change the flight of your golf ball, now with the turn of the the wrench you too can go from hacker slice to tour power fade!!!!

Some great laughs here guys but I was thinking about the original question. What if that is the next step to the ball designers combating the new grooves. If the outer layer is a much softer almost rubbery substance that does not tear but it was progressivly dense based on the molecular structure of the substratas........ just kidding. But what if this brings us back to a soft spinny ball that goes straight and firms up when struck with a flat surface (driver, low irons) and spins more based on the angle of attack or roll up the clubface. Kinda like when you mix baking soda and water. It was called magic mud when i was a kid. When you squeeze the stuff in your hand it is firm and drier. When you release the pressure it liquifies and will run between your fingers. The layer could be sandwiched between to solid layers and when struck flat it would solidify while in flight. When hit with a surface that is not flat the roll up the clubface would not be enough to solidify the substance and thus giving you a very soft feeling ball. Can't wait to see what they come out with though.

I heard the 5 piece ball will have specific directions on selecting your firmness desired:

Instructions:

1.Place sleeve of 5 Piece TP Generic Ball with Nasa HydroMicro Polybutane center -in Microwave.

2. Select softness desired- 45 seconds for soft, 1 minute for medium, 1 min. 30 seconds for hard.

3. Always use Microwave on High Max Setting.

4. Allow 20 minutes to cool before playing. Dont Re Micro.

So a rep for TM told me a few days ago they are going to be coming out with a Five piece ball with "Technology NEVER SEEN". I was kinda....well.... not buying into it.

But today a buddy of mine who works for TM confirmed it was gonna happen. He was kinda wink wink about it.

No, but it makes sense.

Most of the major ball manufacturers change their designs after about 2 years and this is the 2nd year for the LDP model.

I was also at a Golf Galaxy store last week where the current LDP ball is on sale for $27/doz. The idiot salesman told me this ball was JUST IN and BRAND NEW. I've been playing the TP ball for about 4 years now and knew it was the current ball (now apparently to be the OLD ball once these new ones come out)

Did you even consider the sales man was actually trying to inform you that the balls were "brand new" because of their low price and not a practise balls? And by "just in", he could have meant that the shipment just arrived meaning these balls have the new markings on them to signify they are legal for play (aka: TM fessing up for making a hot ball a short time ago).

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

Well, with the new groove rules next year, it makes perfect sense to come out with a new ball for the pros. Some guys are still going to want to bomb and gouge.

Makes sense too since this past weekend is the first time I've ever seen the TP Black /Red on sale.

What's in the Swift X?
Ping driver
Callaway fairways
Ping irons
TM ball
SeeMore mFPG

Quite a few Taylor Made hating posts on here, but I believe the OP was asking if anyone else heard the rumors. I would like to know what the technology would be and where they are going with the new ball. I really like the TP Red, and would like a ball that spins more around the greens. I would play the black, but it feels harder off the putter. Does anyone have any productive information on this new ball? If so, please post...if not, please open a seperate "I don't like Taylor Made" thread. Thanks....

Chris Herrbach

Director of Golf - American Heroes Foundation

WITB:
Driver: Ping G430 LST 
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM Titanium @14.25* 
Hybrid: PING G425
Irons: PING i230 4-PW 
Wedges: GW - PING Glide 3.0 50, SW Mizuno T22 54*, LW Indi TT 60*
Putter: LAB Golf LINK with Stability Tour Black shaft.

I actually play the TP Red 08 when I run out of Z Stars.. I dont hate T.M.

If the 5 piece ball is good...better than the rest.. then I'll play that. Just a lil humor.. very small amount of humor.

I really find the " Ball Wars" quite facinating. Just as long as legal actions ( Cally vs Titleist) dont limit us from exciting new tech.

I actually was kidding 100%. I play all TM brands and would not trade them with anything. Just happened they fit my game. But I just could not stand the price drops - after just a few weeks. That's all.. because then I could not sell my old clubs on GolfWRX or eBay with good price anymore...

TM clubs and balls are the best - for me.

• 1 month later...
Did you even consider the sales man was actually trying to inform you that the balls were "brand new" because of their low price and not a practise balls?

No, because I TOLD him I'd been using that same ball (LDP) in the same packaging since Spring of '08 and he claimed the balls were just released.

its because there are non conforming red and new one just came out that are definatly conforming and its marked on then and the tp red side stamp is marked differently so the old may or may not be conforming because some have to much cor i think that was the probleme so yes he was right in saying they are to a certain extent new but the only resaon he said it was so you might buy more

What's interesting about these rumors is what it may imply for their current top line balls (TM Red/Black). They recently cut the price of these things in half ($27 at Wal-Mart, 2 for $55 everywhere else.) I assumed this was a temporary price reduction because of the economy and non-comforming flare up. But what if it isn't? I've always conteded that for any ball maker to cut into Titleist pro-v1 sales they would have to do one of two things:

1. produce a ball the SAME QUALITY as the pro-v1 with a LOWER PRICE.

or

2. produce a HIGHER QUALITY ball than then pro-v1 with the SAME PRICE.

I think you could make the argument that the TM Red/Black balls (at $27 a doz.) meet the first criteria. Same quality/lower price. If they stay at that price for the long term, it will be interesting to see if they can eat into the pro-v1 sales.