2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Heavy Putters

mapPutters.gif

Heavy Putters™ are currently offered in 6 different models. Heavy Putter™ incorporates two primary head shapes and three different hosel orientations. Various conventional, mid and long putter lengths are offered. All configurations are offered in both right and left handed models.

Head Composition | Heavy Putters™ are milled from a billet of 303 Stainless Steel. 303 Stainless Steel is a very soft metal which creates a soft putting feel.

Perimeter Weighted | All Heavy Putter™ heads are perimeter weighted which produces a high Moment of Inertia. High Moment of Inertia creates a high resistance to twisting, producing straighter, and more accurate putts that reach the hole.

Face Balanced | Heavy Putter™ heads are face balanced. Combining light grip pressure with face balancing allows the putter head to naturally find its center (square its face) at the moment of impact. Face balancing also encourages a pure pendulum stroke with a more consistent swing path.

CNC Milling Process | Heavy Putter™ heads are Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) milled from a solid billet of 303 Stainless Steel. The milling process creates a tight dimensional and weight tolerance and eliminates possible voids found in casting.

Diamond Cut Face | The double CNC milling process produces a diamond cut face pattern which optimizes the golf ball's roll and also imparts a soft feel directly following impact.

Surround Sight™ | Heavy Putter's unique "Surround Sight" semi-circle alignment aid, located directly behind the face, promotes consistent on center hits. This results in a tighter deviation of impact on the sweet spot versus a traditional putter with a line or dot alignment mark.

Parallel and Perpendicular Lines | The Heavy Putter™ head design incorporates parallel and perpendicular lines to promote the golfer's ability to set up perfectly to the intended target line.

Loft | Heavy Putter™ has determined that 3.5 degrees of loft produces the optimal roll conditions for the Heavy Putter™ technology.

Lie | The lie of the Heavy Putter™ is 72 degrees. The 12 inch sole radius is designed to accommodate golfers with various lie angle requirements. Because we fit the length of the putter to the golfer's posture, the lie angle of the Heavy Putter™ rarely has to be adjusted.

Hosels | Heavy Putters™ currently incorporate three distinct hosel configurations all of which uphold the face balanced design of the putter head. The center shafted design mounts the shaft directly into the center of the putter's top line. The heel mounted plumber's neck 6061 Aluminum hosel is anodized in Heavy Putter™ green and provides a full shaft offset. The double bend heel mounted shaft is available in half to full shaft offset.

Grips | Heavy Putter™ grips are custom made by Eaton Golf Pride in the Heavy Putter™ green color. The grip style is similar to the Velvet Pro model which is a textured pistol grip with a flat surface on the top.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally awesome putter, i have the matte mallet and i love it. used it for the first time (after an hour of practice with it) in a tournament and i have not putted as consistently in a long time. what i really liked about this putter is that on the 4-6fts the putter is dead on, its as if it takes control and does not let nerves screw it up. only one three putt in three days and i felt that was my fault on judging the speed. distance control was very, very good as well.

one thing is true, the faster the greens, the better the putter does.

it takes some time and trust, but i feel my stroke getting better each time out, i know when i am too handsy with it and pull it, but i already feel vast improvement in my stroke due to the weight of the putter helping me to use the big muscles again.

the last thing is this, i used to work at the TPC at Southwind in memphis and i have used loren roberts putter, it is way heavier than others and you know how pure the stroke he has. so there has to be something to this heavier weight thing.

Callaway Tour Issue Epic Flash Sub Zero

Titleist 917 16.5* 

Titleist 913 21*

Wilson FG-5 Tour (4-w)

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 wedges 
Ogio Ozone Stand Bag

I would heartily agree with the last post,this is the most consistent putter i have ever used.Speed control is excellent,especially on faster greens,and anything inside 6 feet is almost automatic.Not only is the weighting of the putter phenomenal,but the grip is the most comfortable i have ever used.The first time i tried this putter was on a recommendation from a clubfitter,who told me that every person who worked in the tour van was using this putter,and they get their choice of brands to use.Can't say enough good things about it,you have to try it for yourself!! :idhitit:

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

• 3 months later...

Likes: This putter is the real deal. The weight and balance of this putter makes 5 Footers or Less almost automatic. The putter has a really nice feel to it, I have been playing with inserts for the past 2 years and the feeling this putter was a welcome change. The head cover closes around the putter using magnets in the back making it much nicer than just some large Velcro strips like the majority of head covers out there. The Grip is one of the nicest Grips I have ever used. It’s a Winn AVS Pistol, Midsize, and will probably be used on all my putters in the future.

Dislikes: Seems a little pricey for a putter, and the DVD’s that come with it are not too good.

Quality: Much like any premium putter, this seems to be a high quality item. Nice anodized finish on the neck, high quality Winn Grip, and one of the nicest head covers I have used.

Summary: I basically bought this putter just to try it out, since I had 90 days to return it if I didn’t like it, I didn’t see the risk. I’m basically a horrible putter and have almost every flaw known to man going on in my putting stroke. I have tried many different putters, and own both an Odyssey 2 Ball White Steel and Odyssey White Hot #1 (I switch back and forth depending on what I am comfortable with that day/week/month/etc) but the results are basically the same, pretty bad.

I have tired the Heavy Putter on some indoor practice greens at some local shops and liked the feel of it. I put it into play for the first time on Monday and had the best putting round in my life with only 35 putts (trust me, that’s good for me). I only had 1 3 putt which was due to me hitting like a little girl and leaving a 25 foot putt 10 feet short. The majority of my other putts were within 1 foot of the hole.

The Heavy Putter:

Top View:

Heavy Putter Face:

Magnetic Cover:

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I would have bought one of these by now, but they're so damn hard to find in LH! :)

I've putted with the back end of a RH blade one and I've made a number of putts with it- I can't imagine how many putts I'll sink if I get my own LH one. I promised myself I wouldn't ho anymore after I got my Corza, but these things are just too good. I just need to find one in LH.

BTW, if anyone has a LH one they want to get rid of, you found yourself a potential buyer/trader.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

after looking for a putter for years, i finally decided to get one. first one i actually purchased "new" in a long time.

hopefully it works.

i'll get a review in after i play this weekend!!!

excited to play my "new" Heavy Putter A3-M :friends:

Ping G430LST 10.5* GD PT-6

Callaway Paradym 16.5* Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 70

Ping G425 Hybrid GD Hybrid 95
ONOFF Kuro Irons Modus 115

Titleist Vokey Raw 50F* 56D* 60T*
Scotty Cameron

Titleist ProV1x

• 5 months later...

Just saw that Heavy Putter has a whole new line out called, The Deep Face Series.

You can check out all the new styles on their website, www.heavyputter.com.

I think the C2-DF and F3-DF look great. If they perform at all like the old ones this could be homerun for Heavy Putter.

Check them out when you have time.

• 1 month later...

They are good but when you are a on lighting fast greens you need to grently hit the ball. It also has a good feel.

In my bag:
Driver:Cleveland Hibore XL tour 10.5 with Aldila NVS stiff shaft
3wood:Taylomde r580xd 13.0 with a UST Proforce V2 Regular shaft
Irons:Ping i10 3-PW Black with AWT steel stiff shaft
Wedges:Cleveland CG10 52.0 2dot
Cleveland CG 11 56.0 2dot
Cleveland CG 12 60.0 2dot
Putter:Ping G2 Remedy 32 inches
Ball: Srixon Trispeed

My clubfitter uses a Heavy putter. I really do NOT care for them....

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been using the heavy putter for about two years, first the B1 Original and now the B1 Matte finish. I think a lot of the problems players have with distance control on longer putts with this putter is more a matter of getting used to a heavier weight than anything inherent in the added weight itself. I've found the best setup for me with my particular Heavy Putter is with a Tiger Shark Jumbo grip and the lightest weight set (the aluminum weights). The jumbo grip (more weight in the grip end) along with the lightest weight set gives the putter a head-light balance and feel that, in my mind, allows for more touch and distance control. If you have a Heavy Putter and aren't getting the results you like you might want to try this setup and see if it works for you.
I might also add that I putt cross-handed.

[quote name='Ezgolfer' post='828310' date='Dec 17 2007, 08:41 PM']I ordered the limited edition heavy putter . Should be here in a day or two . Will post pics soon as i get it .[/quote]
let me know..I am very interested in the same model. how long have these been available and what did you pay for it. thanks

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Tour Z Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

• 1 month later...

I bought the B3-M on ebay for $75 last spring. I've only been able to use it for about 3 rounds, but I love this putter. I've always been a terrible putter, and I've even claimed to have sliced a putt. 3 putts were the norm for me. Not any more. In the 3 rounds I've used it I've had a total of 5 three putts. Anything inside 5 feet is automatic, just like aiming and pulling a trigger. I guess those short ones were my biggest downfall. I was constantly pushing or pulling those guys.

My only dislikes about the putter are the feel/sound (a bit harsh), and alignment aid. I'd rather look at some big white stirpes rather than try to pick out the gray stripes from the gray head.

• 1 month later...

Of everyone that liked the putter, each of them are using other putters now by the looking of your sign lines.

Titleist TS2 9.5*, EvenFlow T1100 White 65X
Ping Crossover G 18*, Ping Tour 85X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 3-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 50*07, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 54*12, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Mizuno S18 Gun Metal 58*8, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Titleist Studio Design 1.5 Custom Shop
Snell MTB Black

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried out the A-2m today indoors, like the feel and how it removes all the "hand/wrist" issues. Will test outdoors and pull the trigger if the results are similar. Currently using a 2 ball white hot xg, but the head isnt heavy enough.

I also putt cross handed.

BB DBD 9 Rogue

BBA 16 Rogue

XHP 18* Fubuki 415

MP-64/MP-4 4-PW Px 5.5

Bettinardi SS DASS 8

SM5 50, 54, 58 Px 5.5
B330S GHIN 6.0

• 6 months later...

I have very unsteady hands due to a mild case of ET (essetial tremor.) This putter is great for me as the extra weight really helps to steady your hands.

The extra weight is not only in the head, it is counter-weighted in the handle. I found that by choking down on the club a few inches it gives it an totally different feel (not that it already didn't feel different.)

I don't think this club is a good choice if you use your hands, wrist, or arms in any way on you swing. It really screams out to be used on a straigt back and forth body swing.

If you have any type of unsteadiness in your hands, you should give this club a look.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

My story is a bit different. I was in the golf business for a long time, and was one of the original Scotty Cameron reps in the country...pre-Titleist. I had an affinity for different SC models, and it was always a trusted source for me. I am a long ball aficionado, and my iron play was always solid, but my putting has been abysmal..(being kind.)..at times.

Then I happened upon an F3 DF Heavy Putter. It felt a bit heavy at first, then I practiced, and, I kept making them, and making them. All distances, espcially long putts. I found myself LOL. I am Irish, so I said, if this keeps up for a couple of days, then I can tell someone. It did! I looked into the company as I knew something about it, and being the consultant that I am, I pitched the company on a short term marketing program, and was thrilled when they accepted. My opinion is not biased, as my friends will attest. The weighting, simply worked for me first time out, and every time since. I love the positive comments as obviously I am not alone in thinking this putter and technology is special. John Daly put the club into play today, and was -2 at the BMW, Fabrizio Zinotti finished 2nd last week, and the week before Langher used one in a win. The club is special. That is it.

• 3 weeks later...

CX2...a miracle putter. I have never had a putter that perofrmed like this. It is by far the most consistent season of putting so far for me. I am saving shots, and a weak part of my game is now becoming an area I can depend upon more. They make a belly putter that is terrific I hear too, so that might be something to look into. Honestly, the more I use this club, the heavier I would like to make it. It a bit of an adjustment at first, but when you start making them over and over, something is working.

It's amazing that not so many people know about this club.

• 2 weeks later...