Scotty Cameron Classic Mini

nickpoz

That could be the case, but you quoted me. So please back that up.

Otherwise don't quote me.

So you're saying that I claimed it was you that implied Scotty was gay, and that I said you were the one who posted a photo of Saddam Hussein with Scotty's face on it.

I don't think what you said to rrkman was nice. If you don't like his posts, hit the ignore button. If you block someone it's not necessary to rub it in with a statement that says you blocked him.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Just wanna get back on topic here.

The first post by nickpoz which had pictures showed a mini without sole stampings.

Then somewhere in the 15th to 17th pages, there was a post of a mini in the registry that had a sole stamping of 1/5.

I'm thinking there should be 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, and 5/5. And then you have nickpoz's post which is an unstamped-in-the-sole putter, so I am guessing at least 6 of the minis exist?

I just don't understand how you can have "less than 5" putters, have a putter stamped "1/5" which means 5 were made, and then have a putter without a sole stamp at all (nickpoz's first post).

Can someone enlighten me?

I have no idea, and it's not that big of a deal to me either way. I don't even like the Classic Mini putter and I wouldn't buy one if it only cost $100. But if it's that big of an issue for you, email the webmaster and ask why there is a discrepancy.

Yes again the truth is a big issue for me when something claimed to be of value, $40K right :) and claimed to be "special" because of the circumstances around it, SC limited releases right?

For a putter you don't like you sure showed a lot of interest before the evidence of discrepancies with regards to its circumstances showed up. Why don't you post at TCC that you don't think the Mini is worth even $100.

If the truth is not important to you then I guess you are right at home over at TCC. Oops did I just get myself banned? I guess I have to resort to PM people if I want to get info on certain putters now :(

Again the webmaster. Can I use that excuse if I do something like rob a bank online :)

I will say this to those who are members of Puttertalk.

Do you really want to be a member of a site that will ban a member for asking an honest question that may cast ex-Cameron collectors in a bad light? Why not answer the question and let the truth be told. Unfortunately there is much to hide in the anti-Cameron world and the major purpose of Puttertalk is to get revenge for being kicked out of their exclusive club. Questioning is not allowed, only YES. There are some very good people at Puttertalk but there are also some who definitely have an agenda. At the end of the day, I can look in the mirror and like who I am and know that I treated others with ethics, integrity, and with respect. When I do not, I will apologize and make amends. Can't say that for others. Just my 2 cents.

I actually have the stones to talk to any ex-Cameron collectors on the phone (and not hide behind a computer) when I have issue with them. PutterTalk is not as bad as it is projected to be. I will be honest, Cameron threads turn south when Cameron fanatics come to PT and start slinging arrows. There have been many a thread that is discussed in the Cameron section of PT that does not have to turn nasty. It is when the TCC puppets come and cause trouble when most of the problems start. Yes, some PT/ex-TCC members hold a grudge but not many and certainly not JR or JS from what I have read. They are generally honest and have an opinion but when they are baited or their words twisted or called a liar or Cameron Hater then they speak their mind. I have read many posts from these two moderators that have been complimentary towards Cameron and his products. Just today JR said he liked the Cameron British Open cover.

So spare us the unbiased rhetoric. Thanks.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

OUCH! Thanks for throwing me under the bus, backing up, and running me over, blowing me up, flaming and torching me, all to make a point, on what would be ridiculous, IF you had done it. Thanks!

-Dave (married to my high school sweetheart with three wonderful kids)! Billings. LOL!

Sorry Dave, PM me and I'll buy one of your Anser copies.

Sorry, Biscuity, but I don't make anser copies! But, please do PM me if you are interested in a MACHINE! There are literally millions of unique custom options and combinations that you just can't get with any old copy, or even an original anser2 (or a newport2).....

Cheers,

-Dave

Dave,

The last person you want as a customer is Robert (Buscuit). He hates almost everyone and every putter maker known to man. You would not believe the bashing he did on other site towards most putter makers and putter styles out there.

Biscuit is cursed with the "old man whiskey stroke" & like Hogan believes putting should not be part of the game.

Guys,

The first post by nickpoz which had pictures showed a mini without sole stampings.

Then somewhere in the 15th to 17th pages, there was a post of a mini in the registry that had a sole stamping of 1/5.

I'm thinking there should be 1/5, 2/5, 3/5, 4/5, and 5/5. And then you have nickpoz's post which is an unstamped-in-the-sole putter, so I am guessing at least 6 of the minis exist?

I just don't understand how you can have "less than 5" putters, have a putter stamped "1/5" which means 5 were made, and then have a putter without a sole stamp at all (nickpoz's first post).

+ the 1 I posted.. so thats 7

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

MODERATORS:

It is guys like Buscuit that degrade these threads to the point where you all consider locking them up. Instead of locking up the thread how about getting rid of the guys like Buscuit that make no contribution to the discussion other than to make snide remarks, insult the putter makers that participate on your site, and make inappropriate references to Hitler and other things that are clearly a violation of the rules.

To date, this thread has provided a lot of information and education to the members of GolfWRX. The members do not need guys like Buscuit making incendiary comments with the only intent to degrade the thread and get it locked up. I am sure guys like Dave really appreciate members like Robert.

+1. Out of all the time I've spent on GolfWRX, I have learned the most on this thread by far. Please don't shut it down because some biscuit can't handle it.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

I have no idea, and it's not that big of a deal to me either way. I don't even like the Classic Mini putter and I wouldn't buy one if it only cost $100. But if it's that big of an issue for you, email the webmaster and ask why there is a discrepancy.

Yes again the truth is a big issue for me when something claimed to be of value, $40K right :) and claimed to be "special" because of the circumstances around it, SC limited releases right?

For a putter you don't like you sure showed a lot of interest before the evidence of discrepancies with regards to its circumstances showed up. Why don't you post at TCC that you don't think the Mini is worth even $100.

If the truth is not important to you then I guess you are right at home over at TCC. Oops did I just get myself banned? I guess I have to resort to PM people if I want to get info on certain putters now :(

Again the webmaster. Can I use that excuse if I do something like rob a bank online :)

I GUARANTEE you that Biscuit does not have the stones to post that the Mini is not worth $100 at TCC. Biscuit has a lot of bark but does he have any bite? If so Biscuit, post your comment that the Mini is not worth $100 at TCC. Back up your bite. Thanks.

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

That could be the case, but you quoted me. So please back that up.

Otherwise don't quote me.

So you're saying that I claimed it was you that implied Scotty was gay, and that I said you were the one who posted a photo of Saddam Hussein with Scotty's face on it.

I don't think what you said to rrkman was nice. If you don't like his posts, hit the ignore button. If you block someone it's not necessary to rub it in with a statement that says you blocked him.

Then again DON"T QUOTE ME.

It is not that I don't think rrkman is nice or not nice. He had mentioned numerous times he was going to stop posting in this thread. I think it was his 4th time to rehash everything, claim to get off his soapbox, and then stop posting. Yet he kept coming back. You should ask him to push ignore on this thread too, just to be consistent on your part don't you think?

Maybe I should've told him to ignore this thread instead of asking if he was still going to be coming back and since you recommend the "ignore" if you think what I said to rrkman was not nice why don't you just ignore it too?

MODERATORS:

It is guys like Buscuit that degrade these threads to the point where you all consider locking them up. Instead of locking up the thread how about getting rid of the guys like Buscuit that make no contribution to the discussion other than to make snide remarks, insult the putter makers that participate on your site, and make inappropriate references to Hitler and other things that are clearly a violation of the rules.

To date, this thread has provided a lot of information and education to the members of GolfWRX. The members do not need guys like Buscuit making incendiary comments with the only intent to degrade the thread and get it locked up. I am sure guys like Dave really appreciate members like Robert.

+ 1,000,000

and AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys,

Jick, I asked that question on TCC in the thread started by TMGolfGuy. I, too, was curious as to why one would be stamped but the others weren't. Vog replied and stated that the others are NOT stamped 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 and 5/5.

Kevin

Biscuit :ban:

MODERATORS:

It is guys like Buscuit that degrade these threads to the point where you all consider locking them up. Instead of locking up the thread how about getting rid of the guys like Buscuit that make no contribution to the discussion other than to make snide remarks, insult the putter makers that participate on your site, and make inappropriate references to Hitler and other things that are clearly a violation of t

he rules.

+ 1,000,000

and AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ 1,000,001

http://www.alternativereel.com/includes/to...ew.php?id=00085

I encourage all of you to look at this site. Your not gonna get Rick Roll'd again (DAMN YOU) I think it clearly relays the methods of Cameron and could pretty much be the rules for the CC.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth"

"Despair is typical of those who do not understand the causes of evil, see no way out, and are incapable of struggle. The modern industrial proletariat does not belong to the category of such classes"

-Vladimir Lenin

Guys,

Jick, I asked that question on TCC in the thread started by TMGolfGuy. I, too, was curious as to why one would be stamped but the others weren't. Vog replied and stated that the others are NOT stamped 2/5, 3/5, 4/5 and 5/5.

Kevin

Thanks so much for the clarification. It would be quite odd to have a putter stamped 1/5 and others without the stamp, but I guess Vog must be the authority in that subject matter so we'll take his word for it.

What might be more desireable and have more collector value, the unstamped one or the one stamped 1/5? I would think the latter because it is the only one of its kind with that stamp.

What do you guys think?

MODERATORS:

And this coming from the guy that started the war with the "Complete BS" comment. Maybe you should explain what your version of "BS" means and then re-read the rules.

Guys,

Kevin

Thanks so much for the clarification. It would be quite odd to have a putter stamped 1/5 and others without the stamp, but I guess Vog must be the authority in that subject matter so we'll take his word for it.

What might be more desireable and have more collector value, the unstamped one or the one stamped 1/5? I would think the latter because it is the only one of its kind with that stamp.

What do you guys think?

Definitely more valuable in the cameron world because it is now a typo... it should've been stamped 1 of 1 -lol!

MODERATORS:

I agree this thread has been most educational for members and golfers alike.

Golfwrx is the most widely read golf forum online. It always come up on top in Google searches. The traffic it generates is tremendous. Right now, we are well over 20,000 views for this topic which means many people are getting value and information for this.

Everything posted here has gone beyond the original topic but very insightful and more like a reference thread for everyone with questions about the Cameron brand. Definitely this topic has more reach than those in other forums, and many people stand to benefit and be educated here.

If this was worthless and had no value whatsoever, it won't have the viewcount it has and not have the valuable information and contributors it has so far.

Long live this thread.

I GUARANTEE you that Biscuit does not have the stones to post that the Mini is not worth $100 at TCC. Biscuit has a lot of bark but does he have any bite? If so Biscuit, post your comment that the Mini is not worth $100 at TCC. Back up your bite. Thanks.

I have never posted on the TCC forum. They have strict rules, that's their choice. Honestly, I can see why they wouldn't want guys like foregasim spewing jealousy and hatred on their forum. This thread is an embarassment to golf and golfers. I can see the tennis players now saying what a bunch of idiots golfers are to bicker about a putter and attack each other for 20 pages.

I've spoken to you before RobotDoctor and I think you're an honest and intelligent guy. I don't know the details why you were banned from TCC, but based on my conversations with you I think it was a mistake on their part.

I agree that this thread contains tremendous information. I have heard this account a couple of times from different people and believe foregasim's account to be factual. I have read nothing in this thread to contradict anything foregasim's account. I have read people attempting to create a smoke screen and discredit foregasim. This casts a definite shadow of truth to these people's true intentions. I used to be one of those who thought Cameron was attacked constantly because of the jealousy of others. I have come to learn of several instances where Cameron steamrolled people to get to the top and poo-poo'd on the relationships and friendships to get to the top. I have learned how Cameron convinced some grip manufacturer to dump their US distributor because Cameron wanted the US distributor out of the picture. All I can say is shameful.

There will always be some who do not like this type of thread but these are very informative. It is a shame that some members will post content they do and get away with it.

I have never posted on the TCC forum. They have strict rules, that's their choice. Honestly, I can see why they wouldn't want guys like foregasim spewing jealousy and hatred on their forum. This thread is an embarassment to golf and golfers. I can see the tennis players now saying what a bunch of idiots golfers are to bicker about a putter and attack each other for 20 pages.

I've spoken to you before RobotDoctor and I think you're an honest and intelligent guy. I don't know the details why you were banned from TCC, but based on my conversations with you I think it was a mistake on their part.

There are a lot of "how much should I pay/how much would you pay/did I overpay, etc" questions in the CC forum with answers of how much. They are all presented in a well thought manner. All you have to do is present yours in a similar vein.

http://www.cameroncollector.com/forum/inde...ic,96448.0.html

http://www.cameroncollector.com/forum/inde...c,100108.0.html

http://www.cameroncollector.com/forum/inde...ic,94793.0.html

You're right, it is definitely more intelligent to argue the accuracy of the Hawkeye laser line calls at this year's wimbledon

OUCH! Thanks for throwing me under the bus, backing up, and running me over, blowing me up, flaming and torching me, all to make a point, on what would be ridiculous, IF you had done it. Thanks!

-Dave (married to my high school sweetheart with three wonderful kids)! Billings. LOL!

Sorry Dave, PM me and I'll buy one of your Anser copies.

Dang dude that is a low blow. Why don't you invite Dave over to your house so you can drive over him some more in your car. How insulting I will buy one of your Anser copies, if I were Dave I wouldn't sell you one for twice the amount it costs. Sorry Dave that you have been trashed by this guy.

What cracks me up is that it's perfectly OK for you guys (the Scotty Haters, not just you) to call a Newport a blatant copy of an Anser. You say it has no creativity and offer no improvements over the original design. But if anyone says the same thing about a Bettinardi/Mill/Machine then it becomes a "low blow".

That double standard is why I'm posting on this thread. Not because I'm a blind Scotty fanatic. I have never posted on the TCC forum. I have never bought a new Cameron putter. I have a few SC beaters that are part of my collection of dozens of other putters that I've aquired while enjoying golf for the past 40 years. I own Pings, Bullseyes, Rife, Wilsons, Zebra, MacGregor, Odyssey. My last 6 rounds have been in the low/mid 70's. I have shot under par several times. I enjoy golf. I don't enjoy seeing people with obvious agendas attack a manufacturer using lies and rumors.

What a mess.

The putters were made/stamped at a time when

A. They weren't worth a damn thing except to Scotty and his family

B. Bob and Scotty were working together and it's very likely that extra heads were normal in a production cycle

C. "collectable" putters and especially handstamped putters weren't nearly as important and/or documented as they are today

Trying to contextualize something that was made 15 years ago before there was ever a "collectable" market is a giant waste of time. On both sides of the coin. Other Cameron "tour" putters at the time were stamped inconsistently as well and it's no surprise that these are either. I don't believe for a second that they were initially ever meant to be found in private collections.

The entire truth is known by 2 people and I admire that the mudslinging at their level is absolute zero.

I suggest everyone takes 48 hours off from the thread to realize that "who cares?" is the best answer.

I made a slightly smart Word not allowed remark. Did I deserve a time out, yes. Did I deserve a ban, I would not think so. That said, I am glad I am not a part of the TCC site. I do not go there any more (except for today to read TM Golf Guy's comments) to see why he was banned. I could care less of the TCC world but do like some of the work Cameron does. I also know some information about the Cameron world and foregasim's insight is a lot more truthful than many would like to admit. I have heard his account from several people and some of them were about as well connected with Cameron as anyone can get. They have no agenda for taking Cameron down since they now have no investment either way. I also know of a situation from a former vendor of Cameron and know his story and what happened. I understand some things that were said to some people when a certain web site was started. The issues go on and on.

That said, I made my decision to part my way with Cameron items and I even sold a putter I truly loved, and I mean LOVED. I suppose the decision was made easier because I cannot putt with an 8802 styled blade but my former AC VII was a wonderful putter.

That said, I know you appreciate Cameron items Biscuit so please keep the discussion civil and above board. Try to learn about foregasim and others then make your opinion. You might just be surprised in what you learn.

Best regards,

RD :)

What a mess.

B. Bob and Scotty were working together and it's very likely that extra heads were normal in a production cycle

C. "collectable" putters and especially handstamped putters weren't nearly as important and/or documented as they are today

Trying to contextualize something that was made 15 years ago before there was ever a "collectable" market is a giant waste of time. On both sides of the coin. Other Cameron "tour" putters at the time were stamped inconsistently as well and it's no surprise that these are either. I don't believe for a second that they were initially ever meant to be found in private collections.

The entire truth is known by 2 people and I admire that the mudslinging at their level is absolute zero.

I suggest everyone takes 48 hours off from the thread to realize that "who cares?" is the best answer.

+1 Well said.

What a mess.

The question I have is why did you not post this in taylormade golf guy 182's thread at TCC with regards to point A, B and C? I also question why discussions like this (with more civility and respect) cannot be conducted at TCC. I wonder why a insignificant comment made can get a member banned at TCC.

What a mess.

I agree it is a mess.

If putters were mis-stamped or wrong counted then they should be acknowledged as so and corrected, not hidden or not acknowledged as mistakes.

These putters now a value well and beyond what the people who made them thought they would get. Whether that is $40k or $25k and a few putters there is still a value in them. The truth behind them then becomes important because it may increase value or decrease value. Just think if this is the putter that "separated" Cameron and Bettinardi the "collectibility" behind it would go thru the roof. If it is found that 1/5 is untrue "collectibility" would drop.

If people had the same value to them as Biscuity then this would've died down a long time ago. If Biscuity can spend this much time over a putter he thinks is $100 what more for people who think they are $40k.

The 2 people who know the truth probably don't care. They don't have anything invested anymore in these putters. They can always make new ones.

I'd say this is about as blatant of a rip off of another design that I've seen.

Can't wait till my biscuit *9/5 putter gets to my house!

*9 indicates roughly the number of times that Biscuit has posted after he said he'd stop

Do I really need to post photos of the "blatant rip offs" of the Anser from Bettinardi, Mills, Machine, Taylormade, Rife, Sunset Beach, Byron etc???? Everyone knows the patent expired on the Anser design. It's perfectly legal to copy it, almost everyone does.

I never said I was going to stop posting in this thread, you're thinking of rrkman.

The question I have is why did you not post this in taylormade golf guy 182's thread at TCC with regards to point A, B and C? I also question why discussions like this (with more civility and respect) cannot be conducted at TCC. I wonder why a insignificant comment made can get a member banned at TCC.

Why didn't I post? I was playing golf this afternoon. Even with a friend who was wielding a Bettinardi. We had a blast. See, it is possible! (cool)

As for my A B & C points.....pretty sure Vog touched on the 5 heads and his guess is that only 5 were delivered. My own personal guess is that the one Bob has at his studio was a surprise to everyone in the Cameron camp. As for the inconsistent stampings, every person in this thread who has studied Camerons for a long time (Nick, JR, Venno, myself and others) know that isn't an odd thing to see on Pre-Titleists.

As for moderators policies on any website, I don't care. No offense of course, but my opinion means very little. I mean that with all due respect!

I agree it is a mess.

If putters were mis-stamped or wrong counted then they should be acknowledged as so and corrected, not hidden or not acknowledged as mistakes.

These putters now a value well and beyond what the people who made them thought they would get. Whether that is $40k or $25k and a few putters there is still a value in them. The truth behind them then becomes important because it may increase value or decrease value. Just think if this is the putter that "separated" Cameron and Bettinardi the "collectibility" behind it would go thru the roof. If it is found that 1/5 is untrue "collectibility" would drop.

If people had the same value to them as Biscuity then this would've died down a long time ago. If Biscuity can spend this much time over a putter he thinks is $100 what more for people who think they are $40k.

The 2 people who know the truth probably don't care. They don't have anything invested anymore in these putters. They can always make new ones.

Whether there are 5, 8, 2 or 14 of these they have a very special place in Cameron lore because of the story behind them.

If today I make a bunch of birdhouses and give them away to friends as gifts, I won't think much of it. If 15 years from now my birdhouses are worth $40k, the chances of me remembering exactly how many were made is probably pretty small. My guess is that a collector who can afford to pay $40k on a putter won't have their world fall apart if the value ebbs and flows. The people who currently own them I can guess with very good certainty would not care if another 10 showed up tomorrow. In fact, they would probably be happy because it means some of their good friends would be able to own a piece they previously couldn't.

I'd say this is about as blatant of a rip off of another design that I've seen.

Can't wait till my biscuit *9/5 putter gets to my house!

*9 indicates roughly the number of times that Biscuit has posted after he said he'd stop

Try this putter instead for the comparison. The Scottsdale and 009 are flat sole putters. :)