2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Scotty Cameron Classic Mini

nickpoz

[quote name='HeadonaStick' post='1871122' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:36 AM']biscuity may have been more correct than he knows - except for the monkey (sorry foregasm).

Many feel that this is essentially what is happening - those guys design putters, create them and the Scotty is the one who ends up taking credit for them. They're the ones actually doing the real work. I'm sure that biscuity realizes this finally and that's all he was trying to say...

In any case, I too would like the thread to remain open. I have questions (and very little expertise) so this has been enlightening.[/quote]

Actually Scotty designs his products and uses vendors to manufacture those products to his exact specifications. A company can choose to manufacture in-house to their specifications, or outsource to the same specifications. Either way is OK with me as long as the product meets my requirements. For example, I have no problem knowing that my titanium Ping driver was made in China and not at the Ping manufacturing facility in Arizona.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='biscuity' post='1871223' date='Aug 7 2009, 01:22 PM'][quote name='RobotDoctor' post='1870963' date='Aug 7 2009, 08:21 AM']In spite of the few posts that bait other members, this thread has morphed into a very good thread with great information about Cameron putters. I will be glad to stay on topic is the Cameron supporters just answer questions with well thought out posts with some inkling of factual information, just an inkling. However, if anyone goes back through the thread and see what party starts the personal attacks it will become evident that one side, the one who cannot back up the claims of the other, is the side starting the baiting posts.[/quote]

OK, I'll bite, here are some quotes from the first 14 pages of this thread. Now tell me, who started the personal attacks?

From page 1:

"Complete [b]BS[/b]"

“Nick it is posts like yours that show the [b]true type of people[/b] that are connected to Cameron and that [b]destroys any and all credibility[/b] of anything you guys post.”

“Anyone who would pay $40,000 for a golf club is a [b]f****** idiot[/b].”

“Voice from the PA system: "Nick, sweaters on isle 5 need to be folded. Get back to work." (berating him for being a PGA club pro)

“Why is the [b]BS[/b] guys like Nick try and [b]spew[/b] taken by you guys as fact and you never, not one damn time, ask for them to provide legitimate sources?”

“Do you or anyone else believe the [b]crap[/b] that Nick [b]spewed[/b] about there only being 5 Mini's "ordered" by Scotty?”

“People jump in on these conversations mainly because nickpoz is a scotty "[b]boy[/b]" when the Cameron "experts"…”

“Didn't you read earlier? There were some wrinkled cardigans in the window display. Have patience.” (berating him for being a PGA club pro)

“It wasnt a personal attack...I was asking why he got quiet. He didnt answer the questions, are you his [b]boyfriend[/b]?”

“Does anyone know where I can obtain some Circle [b]BS[/b] waders so the raising [b]poo[/b] stays off my shoes and legs?”

“If it weren't for his [b]greedy a**[/b] a deal would have been made! Nice going Bluto!”

“In a collectibles market all that choose to partake have to drink the [b]cool-aide[/b] or the market would collapse…” (reference to mass murderer Rev. Jim Jones)

“Biscuit my [b]boy[/b], you are not paying attention again.”

“Wow sounds like being in the "Cameron World" is like being in a [b]violent gang[/b], if your [b]lucky enough to get out alive[/b] they [b]hunt[/b] you down and try and [b]kill you[/b]”

“You have no problem demanding proof from everyone that posts in here, but 90% of what you write is pure conjecture. Do you have knowledge that the excuses you are continually posting are fact or are you just [b]pulling it out of your a$$[/b]?”

“Again, do you have facts to back this up, or are you pulling every "maybe" you can think of out of your [b]a**[/b]?”

“If you were able to ask questions on all the web sites you participate you might have known that instead of [b]spouting off ignorant replies[/b] in an attempt to make others look poorly.”

“Yes, but this is a sport of honor and integrity. People wouldn't knowingly lie because there's money involved. Nobody would spin a falsehood just to increase their margins. A public image would never be created in order to increase sales. No [b]pathetic scumbag[/b] would do that in Golf. Would they?”

“I've heard that as punishment he puts a mask and white gloves on you and makes you stand at attention with a putter in your hands while torturing your ears with the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber. “

“WoW! I don't care who you are! That is one [b]gay[/b] pic!”

“I found it on the web and when I copied it the name of the the pic was Stud lol!! So I renamed it [b]Scotty Blows[/b].”

“I say give credit to where credit is due....” (that post was followed by a photo of [b]mass murderer[/b] Saddam Hussein with Scotty’s head on it)

“It becomes upsetting when some [b]ignorant douchebag[/b] calls it a "Newport style" instead of Anser style or calls a TP Mills a Cameron knockoff.”

“[b]Desperate people[/b] that know they are in the wrong and have little factual evidence to back them up resort to l[b]ies, innuendoes, and character assassination[/b] to provide a smoke screen to cover their [b]inadequacies[/b].”
[/quote]

Haha funny list.

Most of those quotes aren't even personal attacks.

[quote name='biscuity' post='1871244' date='Aug 7 2009, 01:31 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='1871122' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:36 AM']biscuity may have been more correct than he knows - except for the monkey (sorry foregasm).

Many feel that this is essentially what is happening - those guys design putters, create them and the Scotty is the one who ends up taking credit for them. They're the ones actually doing the real work. I'm sure that biscuity realizes this finally and that's all he was trying to say...

In any case, I too would like the thread to remain open. I have questions (and very little expertise) so this has been enlightening.[/quote]

Actually Scotty designs his products and uses vendors to manufacture those products to his exact specifications. A company can choose to manufacture in-house to their specifications, or outsource to the same specifications. Either way is OK with me as long as the product meets my requirements. For example, I have no problem knowing that my titanium Ping driver was made in China and not at the Ping manufacturing facility in Arizona.
[/quote]

Well that isn't what your edit suggests. It has nothing to do with where the products are made (although it has everything to do with what Scotty portrays).

Based on what a I've seen, I am of the opinion that Scotty couldn't design his way out of a wet paper bag.

[quote name='biscuity' post='1867906' date='Aug 6 2009, 02:08 AM'][quote name='RobotDoctor' post='1867854' date='Aug 5 2009, 10:05 PM']1) I am not moving goal posts. I am rebutting your response to cast putters. You stated that all the cast putters Cameron made has a rough finish. Well, yes, the Anser reproductions he made for Elkington, Love, Duval, and others, had this rough, sand cast appearance. That said, I just mentioned that there are casting processes that will leave no rough finish. I will even go on to say that if there are visible mill marks on a wax mold, the ceramic casted molds will even pick that up in the process and produce the milling (somewhat) in the casting.

By the way, I have witness the casting process at Dolphin Manufacturing first hand and seen the before and after products. Have you been to a golf club casting facility and seen this for yourself? Believe me, casting is a very exact science and you would be amazed in what can be done with a "rough" casting. Believe me, it is not so rough.[/quote]

My point was that the examples of cast Titleist putters from the same era that Tiger's would have been made (around 1998) are all very low quality castings. It's not logical to assume that he would make a junky looking putter for Davis Love and a great one for Tiger. If anything DL3 is more in Scotty's camp than Tiger.

[quote]2) And you believe everything Cameron states on his website? Wasn't there a question about the Mini putter that was stated on his website that has caused this thread to go over 1700 posts? Oy vey! I would bet that Cameron would put his name on a banana on a stick if Tiger said that is what he wanted to putt with. Tiger is Cameron's single biggest marketing tool. How many people want a Cameron putter because Tiger putts with one. A LOT. Fact of the matter is that Tiger sells. What ever he plays, people want, at least the new found golfer. Cameron is the master sales marketing machine and he will do anything to sell his product. Poster anyone?[/quote]

When he goes to the trouble to state a policy on his web site I believe him. Others discount everything he says as a lies because there is a controversy over "1 of 5" or "fewer than 5". Fewer than 5 is not a lie until someone shows photos of more than 5 completed Classic Mini putters. So far we've only seen photos of 3.

[quote]3) Cameron has stated that he makes one or two backups for Tiger each year. This is a fact. If so, that means there are about 20 backups made (10 years now with this gamer). It has also been stated that Tiger has given a few away as gifts. It is no secret that Tiger has rejected many Cameron backups. How the heck do you think one showed up at AOP, or in Eddie Gomez's possession, or in the hands of other collectors. There was even a sale of a Tiger backup a couple of years ago in Kansas City that went for around (reportedly) $30K - $35K. How about the story about Tiger rejecting one of the backups because the site dot was the width of a piece of paper too big. He looked at it and instantly rejected it. Case closed on that putter.

If Cameron had a CNC program for Tiger's actual putter don't you think that Tiger would not have to reject so many of them. Also, Tiger has stated that his backup is a Nike, not a Cameron. So who are we to believe?[/quote]

Actually the number of back-ups is 3-5 each year. But on many of those Scotty pushes the envelope and tries to sneak in some of his new features like a high toe. Tiger likes what he has and he probably has several back-ups that are exactly the way he wants them. In that scenario it's perfectly understandable that he rejects putters and gives them to friends. Eddie Gomez's putter has some significant differences to Tigers, most noticeable is the absence of a milled undercut on the back of the face. It's a great looking putter though. I'd game it in a heartbeat, but I can also see why Tiger might not replace his old faithful with it.

[attachment=446068:TW_v_golfereddie.jpg]
[/quote]

No wonder Tiger rejects the backups I would too. Those are not replica's more like fraternal twins.

LOL.. Biscuit.. Epic fail on this thread.. what do you do all day?? Sales are slow over there eh??? This thread wont help.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Ok, I am game as well.

[quote name='biscuity' post='1871223' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:22 AM'][quote name='RobotDoctor' post='1870963' date='Aug 7 2009, 08:21 AM']In spite of the few posts that bait other members, this thread has morphed into a very good thread with great information about Cameron putters. I will be glad to stay on topic is the Cameron supporters just answer questions with well thought out posts with some inkling of factual information, just an inkling. However, if anyone goes back through the thread and see what party starts the personal attacks it will become evident that one side, the one who cannot back up the claims of the other, is the side starting the baiting posts.[/quote]

OK, I'll bite, here are some quotes from the first 14 pages of this thread. Now tell me, who started the personal attacks?

From page 1:[/quote]

[quote]"Complete [b]BS[/b]"[/quote]

Not a personal attack. Foregasim was referring to the point that more than 5 Mini putters existed. This issue was answered in detail by him.

[quote]“Nick it is posts like yours that show the [b]true type of people[/b] that are connected to Cameron and that [b]destroys any and all credibility[/b] of anything you guys post.”[/quote]

Not a personal attack. This is more factual than anything. This is precisely the type of post that Cameron supports made that started me questioning my loyalties to the product. And believe me, I used to be a huge supporter and was once told (by several) that I was drinking the Cameron elixir myself and not seeing the whole story. Those people (several of them have posted in this thread) were right.

[quote]“Anyone who would pay $40,000 for a golf club is a [b]f****** idiot[/b].”[/quote]

Opinion, not a personal attack. However, some people have the disposable income that can do this. Some people make $40K a year in salary supporting a family. This is a matter of perspective, not an attack. The F word is merely an adjective. Check www.urbandictionary.com and see description 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 20. While I am not a huge fan of urbandictionary and the new urban meanings of many words, this illustrates the shift in our societies verbal culture. To me, the societal verbal patterns have digressed to a point were we, as a nation, can no longer speak eloquently or speak with intellect.

[quote]“Voice from the PA system: "Nick, sweaters on isle 5 need to be folded. Get back to work." (berating him for being a PGA club pro)[/quote]

Sarcastic remark that borders on a personal attack. I would say in this context it was more sarcasm but I concede this one to you.

[quote]“Why is the [b]BS[/b] guys like Nick try and [b]spew[/b] taken by you guys as fact and you never, not one damn time, ask for them to provide legitimate sources?”[/quote]

Not a personal attack. This comment illustrates the initial post and foregasim's response. This has more to do with distorted information, or lack of, that is provided by the Cameron camp and the fact that two different standards are held by you, and other Cameron fans, in that people critical of Cameron must always provide the facts. This is a double standard that has been very well illustrated in this thread.

[quote]“Do you or anyone else believe the [b]crap[/b] that Nick [b]spewed[/b] about there only being 5 Mini's "ordered" by Scotty?”[/quote]

Not a personal attack. Again, this comment is in reference of the initial post.

[b]Crap[/b]: we know this is in reference to bull, a very common adjective for nonsense.
[b]Spew[/b]: "[i]2 : to come forth in a flood or gush."[/i] (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spew)

[quote]“People jump in on these conversations mainly because nickpoz is a scotty "[b]boy[/b]" when the Cameron "experts"…”[/quote]

This is a figure of speech that was accepted for many, many years.

[b]boy[/b]: [i]3 a : one native to a given place <local boy>[/i] b : fellow, person <the boys at the office> c —used interjectionally to express intensity of feeling <boy, what a game> (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/boy)

[quote]“Didn't you read earlier? There were some wrinkled cardigans in the window display. Have patience.” (berating him for being a PGA club pro)[/quote]

Sarcastic remark that borders on a personal attack. I would say in this context it was more sarcasm but I concede this one to you as well.

[quote]“It wasnt a personal attack...I was asking why he got quiet. He didnt answer the questions, are you his [b]boyfriend[/b]?”[/quote]

A boyfriend is a protective person, generally to a girlfriend. However, I do not believe any sexual reference was made here regarding sexual orientation or anything to be construed as sexual. I believe the [i]over bearing, protective[/i] connotation was meant. Reading this passage definitely has that tone to it, not a personal attack.

[quote]“Does anyone know where I can obtain some Circle [b]BS[/b] waders so the raising [b]poo[/b] stays off my shoes and legs?”[/quote]

Sarcastic question that responses from the Pro-Cameron camp is spewing more information that some consider the usual propaganda crap in spite of legitimate information posted by people critical of Cameron.

[quote]“If it weren't for his [b]greedy a**[/b] a deal would have been made! Nice going Bluto!”[/quote]

Inference to idiot.

[b]a**[/b]: "[/i]2 idiot : imbécil masculine or feminine, idiota masculine or feminine "[/i] (http://www.merriam-webster.com/spanish/a**)
[b]idiot[/b]: "[i]2 fool : idiota masculine or feminine; tonto masculine, -ta feminine; imbécil masculine or feminine familiar [/i]" (http://www.merriam-webster.com/spanish/idiot)

[quote]“In a collectibles market all that choose to partake have to drink the [b]cool-aide[/b] or the market would collapse…” (reference to mass murderer Rev. Jim Jones)[/quote]

Propaganda brewed for mass consumption, as defined by urban dictionary reference #5 (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kool-aid)

[quote]“Biscuit my [b]boy[/b], you are not paying attention again.”[/quote]

This is a figure of speech that was accepted for many, many years.

[b]boy[/b]: [i]3 a : one native to a given place <local boy>[/i] b : fellow, person <the boys at the office> c —used interjectionally to express intensity of feeling <boy, what a game> (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/boy)

[quote]“Wow sounds like being in the "Cameron World" is like being in a [b]violent gang[/b], if your [b]lucky enough to get out alive[/b] they [b]hunt[/b] you down and try and [b]kill you[/b]”[/quote]

I know the intent here but will leave this quote to be defined by someone else.

[quote]“You have no problem demanding proof from everyone that posts in here, but 90% of what you write is pure conjecture. Do you have knowledge that the excuses you are continually posting are fact or are you just [b]pulling it out of your a$$[/b]?”[/quote]

Not a personal attack but a reference to many of your comments in defense. The "[b]pulling it out of your a$$[/b]?” reference is pertaining to a foul smelling item, which some people in this thread thought about some of your defenses. Getting back to the meaning as illustrated by the first case you presented. With respect and honesty, some of your posts are a huge stretch or even less than that.

[quote]“Again, do you have facts to back this up, or are you pulling every "maybe" you can think of out of your [b]a**[/b]?”[/quote]

see comment prior to this one.

[quote]“If you were able to ask questions on all the web sites you participate you might have known that instead of [b]spouting off ignorant replies[/b] in an attempt to make others look poorly.”[/quote]

Not a personal attack. Spouting is a commonly used term for speaking. I like to use the term "Blather." Ignorant is a term for not knowing the facts.

see page 2 for rest

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

[quote name='biscuity' post='1871223' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:22 AM'][quote]“Yes, but this is a sport of honor and integrity. People wouldn't knowingly lie because there's money involved. Nobody would spin a falsehood[/quote] just to increase their margins. A public image would never be created in order to increase sales. No [b]pathetic scumbag[/b] would do that in Golf. Would they?”[/quote]

Not a personal attack. I agree that someone who sells out ethics and integrity and lies just to make more money is a pathetic scumbag. The question [i]"No [b]pathetic scumbag[/b] would do that in Golf. Would they?”[/i] is a rhetorical question.

[quote]“I've heard that as punishment he puts a mask and white gloves on you and makes you stand at attention with a putter in your hands while torturing your ears with the music of Andrew Lloyd Webber. “[/quote]

This was a reference to the [i]"interesting"[/i] video that presented the Damascus. [u]Priceless![/u] And yes, I (and others) found watching this video tortuous.

[quote]“WoW! I don't care who you are! That is one [b]gay[/b] pic!”[/quote]

The word "gay" could be in reference to queeer (one extra e added) which has a meaning of strange and unusual, in addition to the sexual meaning. I saw the picture and it was strange.

[quote]“I found it on the web and when I copied it the name of the the pic was Stud lol!! So I renamed it [b]Scotty Blows[/b].”[/quote]

I don't recall this post so I will not comment. Not side stepping but I simply don't have time to go back and find it today.

[quote]“I say give credit to where credit is due....” (that post was followed by a photo of [b]mass murderer[/b] Saddam Hussein with Scotty’s head on it)[/quote]

I doubt that people were referring to Cameron as a murderous dictator, just a dictator. Yes, a better picture would have been appropriate. For the sake of being consistent I will concede this to you as well.

[quote]“It becomes upsetting when some [b]ignorant douchebag[/b] calls it a "Newport style" instead of Anser style or calls a TP Mills a Cameron knockoff.”[/quote]

This is a term that was used at TCC, in the FOV room, regarding members at TCC. I believe they were thinking of nominating TCC members for this [i]prestigious[/i] award.

[quote]“[b]Desperate people[/b] that know they are in the wrong and have little factual evidence to back them up resort to l[b]ies, innuendoes, and character assassination[/b] to provide a smoke screen to cover their [b]inadequacies[/b].”[/quote]

Not a personal attack. It appears to me that this has been done very effectively from those who support Cameron, especially in this thread. Kind of like Pot calling the Kettle black, don't you think.

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

[quote name='xxio' post='1870372' date='Aug 7 2009, 12:35 AM']Yes I did block biscuity.

We were discussing bin PM but like I mentioned he would answer only half of my replies. Yes he "can" do that that it his right. No question on that.

It is just frustrating because there is no exchange of ideas when someone does not acknowledge your arguments when continually pushing his. It no longer became a discussion but a couple of PMs of him giving his view without addressing mine. He already does that here in the open. Why bother with the same thing in private?

So I exercised my right to block his PMs.

That apology owed to Dave Billings is now stale it was on page 20something and anyone who wants person offended (not me btw) to ask the offender to issue an apology before issuing one doesn't need to issue that apology. An apology to mean something has to be sincere.[/quote]

For the record, I did receive an apology from Biscuity by PM last night. I believed it to be sincere, and I accepted it. I also said that while I believed I was the brunt of a bad analogy, I did not really take it personally (as I hoped my reply and emoticons demonstrated). I thought everyone that cares about that particular issue should know, for what it is worth.

-Dave

[quote name='biscuity' post='1871244' date='Aug 7 2009, 12:31 PM'][quote name='HeadonaStick' post='1871122' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:36 AM']biscuity may have been more correct than he knows - except for the monkey (sorry foregasm).

[/quote]

I think you missed HeadonaStick's point. The reference was that the subliminally named guys (Byron, Mills, Bob B, etc.) do the real design work... At least, that's what I got out of it.

-DB

[quote name='randomhero1090' post='1871636' date='Aug 7 2009, 04:33 PM'][url="http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3948574"]http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3948574[/url]

I think this article was referenced several times now, maybe already linked. Good read.[/quote]

I know I'm a drive-by poster, but I've been reading this thread since it was back in its infancy of 17-18 pages. I've learned quite a bit, and I know now to take everything I read with a grain of salt. That being said, this opening paragraph of the ESPN article refernced above...

[quote]Every morning, the boyish 46-year-old wakes to put on expensive wireframe specs and chooses one of his vintage cars to make the short commute to his high-tech studio in San Marcos, Calif. There he fires up a milling machine and proceeds to sculpt the objects drooled over by golfers around the world.[/quote]

is, quite frankly [b]"complete BS."[/b] :lol:

[quote name='randomhero1090' post='1871636' date='Aug 7 2009, 03:33 PM'][url="http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3948574"]http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3948574[/url]

I think this article was referenced several times now, maybe already linked. Good read.[/quote]

Thank you for posting. Nice article about a [b]FIRST CLASS GENTLEMAN[/b] who has become [b]THE FERRARI[/b] of putter makers.

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

Interesting ESPN article. ESPN just helped Scotty sell 100,000 putters...yet he has the gall to do this

"Cameron has been talking for more than an hour, this from someone who initially "respectfully declined" to be interviewed because his agent didn't want him featured in an article with other putter designers."

Gives you a glimpse of Scotty's ego. And I'd bet my dASS that Scotty told them he wouldn't do the article if they even uttered Bob's name. How can you not mention Bett in a putter article??

[quote name='hornyjuan' post='1871769' date='Aug 7 2009, 03:54 PM']Interesting ESPN article. ESPN just helped Scotty sell 100,000 putters...yet he has the gall to do this

"Cameron has been talking for more than an hour, this from someone who initially "respectfully declined" to be interviewed because his agent didn't want him featured in an article with other putter designers."

Gives you a glimpse of Scotty's ego. And I'd bet my dASS that Scotty told them he wouldn't do the article if they even uttered Bob's name. How can you not mention Bett in a putter article??[/quote]

I suppose that is part of the problem some people have with Cameron. How can you [u]not[/u] include Bob Bettinardi in any discussion of Cameron. Without Bob, Cameron does not enjoy what he has or where is situated in the putter industry today. Was it not Bettinardi who did the milling for Cameron between 1993 and 1997 (or was that 1993 - 1998 - I can never get that right)? It was Bettinardi who pioneered the first solid CNC milled plumber's neck putter. It was Bettinardi who milled every putter those first few years with Acushnet. It was Bettinardi who created some of the most sought after putters, including the one that started this thread. Not to mention Bettinardi at all pays no respect or appreciation to where Cameron is at. Call it ego, call it bad blood, call it what ever but I call it disingenuous, disrespectful and misleading.

[quote name='DB MACHINE' post='1871595' date='Aug 8 2009, 04:15 AM'][quote name='xxio' post='1870372' date='Aug 7 2009, 12:35 AM']Yes I did block biscuity.

We were discussing bin PM but like I mentioned he would answer only half of my replies. Yes he "can" do that that it his right. No question on that.

It is just frustrating because there is no exchange of ideas when someone does not acknowledge your arguments when continually pushing his. It no longer became a discussion but a couple of PMs of him giving his view without addressing mine. He already does that here in the open. Why bother with the same thing in private?

So I exercised my right to block his PMs.

That apology owed to Dave Billings is now stale it was on page 20something and anyone who wants person offended (not me btw) to ask the offender to issue an apology before issuing one doesn't need to issue that apology. An apology to mean something has to be sincere.[/quote]

For the record, I did receive an apology from Biscuity by PM last night. I believed it to be sincere, and I accepted it. I also said that while I believed I was the brunt of a bad analogy, I did not really take it personally (as I hoped my reply and emoticons demonstrated). I thought everyone that cares about that particular issue should know, for what it is worth.

-Dave
[/quote]

Great to hear that biscuity is not beyond apologies.

When we were discussing the train of thought of that "throwing under the bus" he did mention that anyone he offends should ask him to give an apology then he will give it. I told him that was not my opinion of class. Good to hear he was able to see my side of things.

[quote name='jacksparrow' post='1871733' date='Aug 8 2009, 05:33 AM']..

[quote]Every morning, the boyish 46-year-old wakes to put on expensive wireframe specs and chooses one of his vintage cars to make the short commute to his high-tech studio in San Marcos, Calif. There he fires up a milling machine and proceeds to sculpt the objects drooled over by golfers around the world.[/quote]

is, quite frankly [b]"complete BS."[/b] :lol:
[/quote]

No it is not. The webmaster is there every 9am working in the Studio. Scotty shows up right before lunch to shoot some videos.

There has been some really really funny stuff I have read in this thread, but this by far has to get the biggest laugh!! "Fires up a milling machine," hahahahahaha!! You don't think maybe Scotty made sure they included that part do you?

The closing of this thread is long overdue. Considering its size, there should be a LOT more good information. Instead it's become a venue for grandstanding (including this post--but i've never claimed to be above hypocrisy :pardon:). The problem is, it's starting to affect the rest of the forum and it's probably the reason I had to get a root canal last week...maybe.

Either way, I suggest that everybody who was very active in making this thread what it is reread the rules and see what should have been done differently. Short leash time. :hi:

:hi: