2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

2010 Gamers - Same Clubs all year! Holy Cow!

George, When I look at your signature I feel very comfortable. I think that I would play very good if I had your set. It is very nice and I am happy for you.

It is not many sets in this forum, and now I mean the whole set that I would put directly in my own bag. What you have in your bag is almost the best you can have in the whole f*****g market man, its awesome. If you haven't already I think that you should try the Ping Rapture V2 Hybrid in 20*. I have one of them, they are very good. Mine is just a little to weak and that's it.

Are your 3 iron hard to hit off the deck compared to your Pro Black hybrid?

Do you think that I should buy a 3-PW set or 4-PW?

/Williamo

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='williamo' post='2148773' date='Dec 29 2009, 10:37 AM']Do you think that I should buy a 3-PW set or 4-PW?

/Williamo[/quote]

Hey Williamo,

Considering many pros dont carry a 3 iron anymore, I think us hacks would benefit from more hybrids. Personally I don't hit them very well so I'll stick to the 3 iron for now!

I might try that adams pnt hybrid. But it seems like every time I try a new one, I go back to the 909h

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5 Tour AD DI 6 Stiff

Callaway UT 17 and 21 MMT 70 Stiff

PXG 0311 P Gen 6 4-G

SM10 56S 60M

Bettinardi Queen B 6

I think the PNT2 would change your mind. I had it narrowed down to the 909 and the PNT2. Had hit the 909 and liked it alot. Was thinking of taking a chance on the PNT2 because of the rave reviews on this site. Decided to go with the 909 as I knew I hit that pretty well. Was just going to pull the trigger when I found out I won the PNT2 here in the contest. Have hit the Adams quite a few times since I won it and am glad that I didn't go with the 909. Just a great hybrid. Mezmorize is awesome to deal with also.

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

My suspicions were correct. Today I purchased a 19 deg 909h (Gave my brother my 21) and returned the adams.

I also purchased some sweet black ping headcovers for the driver and 3 wood. The green covers were hard to look at!

I also purchased for the first time ever a 58 deg wedge to mess around with.

I want to keep the Driver, Wood, 19 deg hybrid 3-P in the bag so I can only carry 2 wedges. I'm going to try to move away from the 52,56,60 to the 52 58 (Going to mexico next month for a few rounds to try out the 2 wedge setup. If it doesn't work, I go back to 3 and ditch the 3 iron or hybrid or 60 or 3 wood during handicap rounds (basically anything but a non practice round).

I may post a few revised pics tomorrow after my round (in the sim of course, cannot play in this weather!!)

PXG 0311 P Gen 6 4-G

SM10 56S 60M

Bettinardi Queen B 6

[quote name='kgeorge78' post='2157490' date='Jan 3 2010, 12:34 AM']My suspicions were correct. Today I purchased a 19 deg 909h (Gave my brother my 21) and returned the adams.

I also purchased some sweet black ping headcovers for the driver and 3 wood. The green covers were hard to look at!

I want to keep the Driver, Wood, 19 deg hybrid 3-P in the bag so I can only carry 2 wedges. I'm going to try to move away from the 52,56,60 to the 52 58 (Going to mexico next month for a few rounds to try out the 2 wedge setup. If it doesn't work, I go back to 3 and ditch the 3 iron or hybrid or 60 or 3 wood during handicap rounds (basically anything but a non practice round).

I may post a few revised pics tomorrow after my round (in the sim of course, cannot play in this weather!!)[/quote]

did you have to stutter ten times???

[quote name='sharkhark' post='2157556' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:19 AM'][quote name='kgeorge78' post='2157490' date='Jan 3 2010, 12:34 AM']My suspicions were correct. Today I purchased a 19 deg 909h (Gave my brother my 21) and returned the adams.

I may post a few revised pics tomorrow after my round (in the sim of course, cannot play in this weather!!)[/quote]

did you have to stutter ten times???
[/quote]

na I don't stutter. I'm edumacated. The forum was acting up last night. Lot's of double and triple posts.

PXG 0311 P Gen 6 4-G

SM10 56S 60M

Bettinardi Queen B 6

I just got home from a "round" in the rim. These irons are the real deal. They just feel amazing I cannot believe it. The 3 and 4 irons are very easy to hit. I'm going to be playing both this year. Very easy almost GI like.

The 909 is the best hybrid I've ever played and I've owned all of them. But I find a 24 deg hybrid unnecessary. Get a 21 or 19 to try to replace the 3 iron if you don't feel comfortable with the long irons.

I picked up a 58 deg wedge and after playing indoors in my basement with it and chipping a bit in my somewhat frozen back yard I think 56 is the way to go. I wanted a 58 for 2 years to try and after 3 days with it, I know it's not for me.

PXG 0311 P Gen 6 4-G

SM10 56S 60M

Bettinardi Queen B 6

I am going to have to try the new AP2's if they feel nice I am going to be tempted to add a set to my ever growing iron collection, trouble is they are going head to head with Mizunos so they are gonna have to be pretty special. Would certainly consider ordering a mixed set maybe the CB's in the 8-PW. Anyone gone and ordered a mixed set?

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix 

[quote name='craz-e' post='2158361' date='Jan 3 2010, 01:53 PM']I am going to have to try the new AP2's if they feel nice I am going to be tempted to add a set to my ever growing iron collection, trouble is they are going head to head with Mizunos so they are gonna have to be pretty special. Would certainly consider ordering a mixed set maybe the CB's in the 8-PW. Anyone gone and ordered a mixed set?[/quote]

I was thinking about getting a mixed set consisting of the 3,4,5 being the CB and 6-PW being MB.
If you go AP2/CB the only REAL difference should be feel. The CBs IMO feel more solid.
I'd say do it.

I played Nike VR Blades all year.

These AP2s in no way feel or look chunky at address. They actually look bladelike at address even though they have quite a wide sole. I hit a few shots today and could not believe how good they felt.

PXG 0311 P Gen 6 4-G

SM10 56S 60M

Bettinardi Queen B 6

[quote name='craz-e' post='2158361' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:53 PM']I am going to have to try the new AP2's if they feel nice I am going to be tempted to add a set to my ever growing iron collection, trouble is they are going head to head with Mizunos so they are gonna have to be pretty special. Would certainly consider ordering a mixed set maybe the CB's in the 8-PW. Anyone gone and ordered a mixed set?[/quote]

I have thought of it too, maybe this setup:

909H 21*
4-6 CB 710
7-PW MB 710

Or I'll just buy a full set, I am looking forward to test these new irons. I hate the cold weather. Someone take me to the HOT US!

Is the MB 710's hard to hit? are they forgiving at all?

Please you AP2 owners, post some photos how the 3 irons is at address and more photos on the clubs so I don't buy anything stupid like Ping!

/Williamo

Kevin, I told you you can't replace the 909H or the VR wedges..

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2+ Putter

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

you sire are correct.

I cannot say anything about the wedges until I actually play them outdoors - Luckily I have a shiny backup 52 and 56 Nike VR Wedge waiting in my basement for the Vokeys to mess up!

I'll try the Vokeys for a month to gave them a fair shake.

PXG 0311 P Gen 6 4-G

SM10 56S 60M

Bettinardi Queen B 6

Not to change the subject kevin, but I carry both 909H in 19 and 21. I find the 21 909H is a 4 iron replacement for me while the 19 deg is a 3 iron replacement. I carry my 5 iron 185 and 21 hybrid 195. The gap is perfect...this was a trial and error that doesn't make sense on paper but it fits perfect. The 19 degree is 210 yards. These are the best hybrids I have ever hit...and its been a few. Kevin prefers the Diamana but I love the Voodoo..its the only Voodoo shaft I have ever liked.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S Driver

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff Hybrids

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5 Irons

Cleveland RTX 6 48.10, 54.10, 60.12 TI DG Spinner Wedges

Scotty Cameron Newport 2+ Putter

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

[quote name='craz-e' post='2158460' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:25 PM']What irons did you have before the 710 AP2's?[/quote]

I had Nike VR Split Cavity and VR Blades. They were excellent. I wish I was good enough to hit the 3 and 4 iron blade. Played a combo set for a while and liked it. The Split cavities are long enough, feel pretty good and look great but for some reason I felt like I was leaving something on the table. A fitting session proved I hit the AP2s and MP58s better. The 58s were the leader until I hit the 3 iron AP2 and purred it shot after shot. I haven't bagged a 3 iron let alone crushed one in 5 years.

[quote name='golf2383' post='2158468' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:29 PM']K maybe I will try a 21* 909. Tempted to try the 4 iron too though. I will demo them I guess.[/quote]

The 909 is excellent. Not the longest hybrid but easy to work and easy to control.

Titleist makes some good stuff.

PXG 0311 P Gen 6 4-G

SM10 56S 60M

Bettinardi Queen B 6

[quote name='odshot68' post='2158482' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:37 PM']Not to change the subject kevin, but I carry both 909H in 19 and 21. I find the 21 909H is a 4 iron replacement for me while the 19 deg is a 3 iron replacement. I carry my 5 iron 185 and 21 hybrid 195. The gap is perfect...this was a trial and error that doesn't make sense on paper but it fits perfect. The 19 degree is 210 yards. These are the best hybrids I have ever hit...and its been a few. Kevin prefers the Diamana but I love the Voodoo..its the only Voodoo shaft I have ever liked.[/quote]

Yep. Another reason why I like these. They are long / high enough but not crazy. I played the 09 rescue last year for a bit and the 19 deg 3 was more like a 5 wood as I would just crush it. Hard to control the distance. If I find the 3 iron tricky to hit as the year goes on (I hope not), I'll bag the 21 as well.

The diamana matches my driver and 3 wood (real blueboard) in the pings. I know it means nothing (pros play all kinds of shafts) but it fits me better than the voodoo (I hit the voodoo too low)

PXG 0311 P Gen 6 4-G

SM10 56S 60M

Bettinardi Queen B 6

Kgeorge we just about have the same bag. I just got the ap2 710, I have the same black nickel wedges in the same lofts and I too am sporting the squareback putter. I just bought the 2010 titleist cart bag. I love how it keeps my clubs separate, but I sometime miss a stand bag. You have great taste. haha

Do you have the new cart bag? It looks great. I was thinking about getting it. I'm getting old (31!) and carrying all year last year hurt my bag by Sept. I will still walk of course but use a OG pull cart. The putter well is a great idea as well. Yep I'm getting a black cart bag.

Golf2383 do you have a WITB thread?

PXG 0311 P Gen 6 4-G

SM10 56S 60M

Bettinardi Queen B 6

[quote name='williamo' post='2158394' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:01 PM'][quote name='craz-e' post='2158361' date='Jan 3 2010, 02:53 PM']I am going to have to try the new AP2's if they feel nice I am going to be tempted to add a set to my ever growing iron collection, trouble is they are going head to head with Mizunos so they are gonna have to be pretty special. Would certainly consider ordering a mixed set maybe the CB's in the 8-PW. Anyone gone and ordered a mixed set?[/quote]

I have thought of it too, maybe this setup:

909H 21*
4-6 CB 710
7-PW MB 710

Or I'll just buy a full set, I am looking forward to test these new irons. I hate the cold weather. Someone take me to the HOT US!

Is the MB 710's hard to hit? are they forgiving at all?

Please you AP2 owners, post some photos how the 3 irons is at address and more photos on the clubs so I don't buy anything stupid like Ping!

/Williamo
[/quote]

If you go to the Titleist website it compares all 3 models. I believe it compares the 3,5,7,pw between all sets.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style